Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Vettel: "Something" is going on with my car

The only thing wrong is sebs attitude.Good luck at Aston Martin he is going to need it.I wonder what he will have to say then when there are problems.Vettal should have walked away surely its not going to take another painful season for the penny to finally drop.

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    Just a week ago, RP's team principal and technical director said the same thing. I think they've asked him to talk rubbish about the team to even further demoralise the team. But instead I'm sure the team would be even more convinced about their decision being the right one. Vettel has scored as many points in 12 races as Leclerc did in the opening round and at the moment, Leclerc has 4 times as many points as him.
    Right now we have a Trojan horse inside our garage whose main job is to demoralize the team with rubbish sabotage theories and give the rabid anti-Ferrari media some juicy false gossips. But he is failing on both regard, just like his on track driving.

The thrashing he's receiving from Charles is out-shining all those rubbish conspiracy and sabotage theories. Waste of 40 million for 5 years, hopefully the team have learned their lessons.

But I'm a bit disappointed with Binotto. There was no reason for him to say "both are driving equal machinery". Focus on the job at hand and ignore those waste of time rubbish theories. And let spinnerella talk, because nothing will stop of from getting thrashed by Charles.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    The only thing wrong is sebs attitude.Good luck at Aston Martin he is going to need it.I wonder what he will have to say then when there are problems.Vettal should have walked away surely its not going to take another painful season for the penny to finally drop.
    You know what would be funny? If even Strol will beat him....I would laugh so hard....lol

Start laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    You know what would be funny? If even Strol will beat him....I would laugh so hard....lol
    It would be an embarrasement and humiliation of the upper most level. Seb should retire from F1 IF that happens. For sure Seb's "sell-buy" date is up.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

If Vettel did mean that he thinks the cars are not the same then shame on him. I hope by saying the other car is faster he means Charles is faster and not that the cars aren't equal. But regardless, he's leaving at the end of the year, Ferrari have every right to not reveal all their updates for next year to him. If Charles gets the new parts, then I have no issues with that.

Seb's 4 WDCs will always be there for him. Being well liked off track by his peers is also a great feat it itself. " It's the car! " Well if Ferrari gave him that; he might have done 7 too. Putting that aside I am grateful to Ferrari for not doing a driver 1,2 on Charles and letting him do what he has done. I wish the best for Seb in the future.

An incompetent tradesman always blames his tools.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    If Vettel did mean that he thinks the cars are not the same then shame on him. I hope by saying the other car is faster he means Charles is faster and not that the cars aren't equal. But regardless, he's leaving at the end of the year, Ferrari have every right to not reveal all their updates for next year to him. If Charles gets the new parts, then I have no issues with that.
    No one would no better than him that he is actually get outqualified, outraced and outperformed in every regard by Leclerc. At this point, he is just trying to demoralise the team. Daddy Stroll probably asked him to do it.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

An incompetent tradesman always blames his tools.
    True, but that's not the case here. If Vettel simply said that he can't drive well because of the car, then sure, many would've agreed. Very few drivers can adapt and extract everything out of a bad car, and Vettel isn't one of them.

But saying the "other car" is better and there is "something going on with his car", plus "he's biting his tongue and not a complete idiot", it's pretty clear what exactly Vettel's intensions are and what exactly he's trying to portray with his words.

And his words are clearly getting some traction, otherwise Binotto wouldn't had to say publicly that Ferrari is supplying both driver with equal machinery. And no team will ever give information regarding the upgrades to a driver who's leaving, it's a normal procedure. I'm sure Vettel knows that pretty well, after spending 14 years in this sport.

[QUOTE=MSC Fan;1036434]No one would no better than him that he is actually get outqualified, outraced and outperformed in every regard by Leclerc.

Just in the last race alone it is obvious that Charles is as good as Lewis at tire maintenance which was a big deal last race temp wise and they were driving "On Ice!' . Coming in 4th with his car was a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Just in the last race alone it is obvious that Charles is as good as Lewis at tire maintenance which was a big deal last race temp wise and they were driving "On Ice!' . Coming in 4th with his car was a big deal.
    I am surprised that Wolff had to give a 4 tyre car to Hamilton, what a waste of suspension and resources.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    I am surprised that Wolff had to give a 4 tyre car to Hamilton, what a waste of suspension and resources.
    Last race finish , 25 seconds; that's mile ahead of the other Merc rocket !

If vettal is hoping for a perfect car next year from Aston Martin he is dreaming but unfortunately they are night mares.My feeling is that his problems will continue. Charles will finish ahead of seb in an ever improving ferrari.

and some people tend to believe that Ferrari is not giving Seb the same car as Charles...oh boy oh boy.

If vettal is hoping for a perfect car next year from Aston Martin he is dreaming but unfortunately they are night mares.My feeling is that his problems will continue. Charles will finish ahead of seb in an ever improving ferrari.
    Maybe Aston Martin will build car just the way Seb wants, I think it was something to do with "lack of rear downforce" or something like that ,and thats why those ballerina pirouettes, so maybe he gets car just like RB was when he was successful, we`ll see. I dont know, just a thought.

https://www.grandprix.com/news/enzo-...forghieri.html

"Being the head of the Gestione Sportiva is really difficult, the pressure is enormous, and Ferrari never forgives anything. Binotto must surround himself with the right people for the skills that are obviously lacking."

Following the legality saga of 2019, Ferrari's engine is now conspicuously down on power but Forghieri insists the car is "wrong in other areas too".

Yeah, I am happy that someone else said that too. "the car is "wrong in other areas too""
    Everything is wrong in this Binotto era, engine, aero, how to treat drivers and so on, P6 in WCC. Think about that.
    Last edited by KimiBot; 28th October 2020 at 02:54.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    That would be brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post

"Being the head of the Gestione Sportiva is really difficult, the pressure is enormous, and Ferrari never forgives anything. Binotto must surround himself with the right people for the skills that are obviously lacking."

Following the legality saga of 2019, Ferrari's engine is now conspicuously down on power but Forghieri insists the car is "wrong in other areas too".

Yeah, I am happy that someone else said that too. "the car is "wrong in other areas too""
    Everything is wrong in this Binotto era, engine, aero, how to treat drivers and so on, P6 in WCC. Think about that.
    Obviously they won’t talk about him even with that stupid mistake which is agreed for the good of sport.
    He’s technical guy, with no managerial experience. He’s very political, only knows how to blackmail the team & get that position which he did with MA.

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    That would be brutal.
    That would be hilarious.

I don't agree with him at all. By getting rid of Vettel and bringing in Sainz, it eases the pressure on the team and on Leclerc. I don't think Vettel would have made the team very harmonious by accepting being beaten by Charles every race and what would you pay him? Less than Leclerc? That just makes the whole situation bad. Leclerc proved he can be top guy. Nothing wrong with how Ferrari treated Vettel.

Very well said. I can't help agree that Seb would never continue accepting the #2 role based on his performance not team orders. And yes; the pay cut would have to be dramatic and less than Charles' pay for sure. Too bad Gio isn't quite ready to take that seat.

I don't agree with him at all. By getting rid of Vettel and bringing in Sainz, it eases the pressure on the team and on Leclerc. I don't think Vettel would have made the team very harmonious by accepting being beaten by Charles every race and what would you pay him? Less than Leclerc? That just makes the whole situation bad. Leclerc proved he can be top guy. Nothing wrong with how Ferrari treated Vettel.
    My take as well

I dont know to what you are answering, was he talking about keeping Seb, I did not see that.

I dont know to what you are answering, was he talking about keeping Seb, I did not see that.

He mentions giving Charles too much responsibility too soon. I figured he was saying they should have kept Vettel for his experience and let Charles develop. But he's shown great maturity and there's no way the team would have had a good atmosphere if Vettel would have kept getting beaten. The only way forward is what Ferrari have done, bring in a younger, calmer driver that can challenge Charles but not create any controversy and can consistently score good points.
    And I don't think much could have been done differently. Charles progressed so quickly, how do you tell him to slow down and not be so dominant... he became team leader through performance.

He mentions giving Charles too much responsibility too soon. I figured he was saying they should have kept Vettel for his experience and let Charles develop. But he's shown great maturity and there's no way the team would have had a good atmosphere if Vettel would have kept getting beaten. The only way forward is what Ferrari have done, bring in a younger, calmer driver that can challenge Charles but not create any controversy and can consistently score good points.
    And I don't think much could have been done differently. Charles progressed so quickly, how do you tell him to slow down and not be so dominant... he became team leader through performance.
    I think you are putting words in to his mouth, that is not there. Try to read it again.

-------------------------------------

His most specific criticism, however, is of Binotto's handling of the drivers.

Charles Leclerc, for instance, is "very talented", but also "so young".

"Ferrari should not have charged him with so much responsibility so soon," said Forghieri.

Forghieri also said his old boss, Enzo Ferrari, would probably not approve of the way Sebastian Vettel's looming departure was handled.

"I don't like to upset Enzo Ferrari, because I really knew him and I know that things are attributed to him that he would never have done," he said.

"But I am sure that he would have handled Seb's farewell differently. He deserved a more respectful treatment."

Anyways, I am sure, Stroll will build car just the way Seb wants it, Binotto did not do that, so we`ll see if we are going to see that old Seb back next year.

I think you are putting words in to his mouth, that is not there. Try to read it again.

-------------------------------------

His most specific criticism, however, is of Binotto's handling of the drivers.

Charles Leclerc, for instance, is "very talented", but also "so young".

"Ferrari should not have charged him with so much responsibility so soon," said Forghieri.

Forghieri also said his old boss, Enzo Ferrari, would probably not approve of the way Sebastian Vettel's looming departure was handled.

"I don't like to upset Enzo Ferrari, because I really knew him and I know that things are attributed to him that he would never have done," he said.

"But I am sure that he would have handled Seb's farewell differently. He deserved a more respectful treatment."

Well you just quoted him. How else do you not give Leclerc so much responsibility so soon without making him top driver? I don't see any way you can infer what he said other than saying Vettel should have remained to be the experienced driver.

Well you just quoted him. How else do you not give Leclerc so much responsibility so soon without making him top driver? I don't see any way you can infer what he said other than saying Vettel should have remained to be the experienced driver.
    2 different things.
    1. Too young driver to has so much responsibility.
    2. Enzo Ferrari, would probably not approve of the way Sebastian Vettel's looming departure was handled
    he would have handled Seb's farewell differently. He deserved a more respectful treatment.

Can you see it now.

2 different things.
    1. Too young driver to has so much responsibility.
    2. Enzo Ferrari, would probably not approve of the way Sebastian Vettel's looming departure was handled
    he would have handled Seb's farewell differently. He deserved a more respectful treatment.

Can you see it now.

Ok. Let me rephrase. How do you not give Charles too much responsibility? How do you remove responsibility from your driver when he's outdriving the supposed #1 driver? Do you ask him to do less or drive slower?

In what way was Vettel mistreated? I think by telling him early on in the season that they were not renewing his contract they did him a favour. He didn't have to go through silly negotiations and he had lots of time to look for another drive for next year. Better being honest than dragging him along until all the seats were full. As far as I've seen so far, Vettel has been treated very fairly.

So no, I don't see it any different. And I've read it thoroughly the first time. What am I getting wrong that you're getting right?