Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Vettel: "Something" is going on with my car

Vettel: "Something" is going on with my car

Vettel few minutes ago on Sky Germany:

"I didn't feel comfortable at all. There must be something. Can't be that we made a step back overnight."

So now he is implying that Ferrari is sabotaging his car. What an awful driver.

Could also be something wrong with the car that was not intentional, Vettel did not say what you are "implying".
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

Quote Originally Posted by Lesky View Post
    Could also be something wrong with the car that was not intentional, Vettel did not say what you are "implying".
    "There must be something. Can't be that we made a step back overnight"

So do tell me, what exactly he's trying to tell here?

Vettel, post race:

The way it is now, we are not getting anywhere. There is something fundamentally wrong somewhere, either with me or the car. It is not the most stressful time but certainly not the nicest.
    Vettel, post race radio:

Similar to quali. Struggling lap to lap.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesky View Post
    Well let him speak. He is finally relieved that Leclerc managed to beat Vettel after being beaten in the previous 2 races.

i doubt he is implying anything purposely wrong with the car. We need to try extra hard to make him look bad? Nah

Obviously there was a setup issue with the car this weekend, got off to a bad start and we never recovered. Maybe something else inside the car but it's not like we can afford to make things worse than they even are so this sounds like some whacky conspiracy and i very much doubt Seb was going for that angle.

One thing they need to do is throw the car in the bin and just forget the next 18 months. Can we please not use the SF1000 as a base to move forwards because we won't make great strides.

Trying to be less angry..

Seriously, what happened to Vettel?

The last few years have been a complete train-wreck for him, a nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post

Nothing happened, he has always been like this. Those Newey designed rocket ships, and having a weak teammate like Webber, it was pretty easy for him. With Raikkonen he also had easier times when he joined Ferrari, but when Leclerc joined, he could no longer hide behind another 35+ years old teammates.

Lately he has been awfully friendly with the media, telling everyone how awful his car is. Now he's saying there is "something" going on with his car.

The sooner this guy leaves Ferrari the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    https://youtu.be/JDJL5FYPFQ4

He is a good driver but probably a bit overrated, the facts are that he only beat Bourdais (no prior F1 experience), Webber (aged 32-37) and Raikkonen (aged 35-39). The latter was pretty much destroyed by Alonso the year before.

Last year was the only bad year for him. From 2015 to 2018, it was pretty good and it was once again good in the latter half of last year.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Vettel few minutes ago on Sky Germany:

"I didn't feel comfortable at all. There must be something. Can't be that we made a step back overnight."

So now he is implying that Ferrari is sabotaging his car. What an awful driver.
    I don't think he was implying Ferrari are sabotaging his car. It could be he was just saying his car had a problem that needs to be addressed. The car had pedal box problems, which is strange and should have been an easy fix.

Could it be because Skysport immediately after that interview were the ones to suggest it was Ferrari favoring one car over the other, that now you think it's what Sebastien was implying?

Seb has always liked to look at the data and understand the engineering side of things, so I am sure he will be looking at the data traces and load cell data and compare his car with Leclerc's. At this point, he's just suggesting "something" is wrong for the car to be that undriveable, and that he plans to investigate it.

The money's already in Vettel's bank and he seems to only really be trying stuff in practice sessions but come Sundays, well he's a Sunday driver?
    He completely unravelled last year, hasn't recovered, isn't trying much this year but then with the uninspiring car he's driving it's understandable.
    I can't wait for this season to end and expect we'll see nothing more of the old Vettel but look forward only to watching Leclerc continue to surprise us.
    I have low expectations for next year but hope that Sainz settles in well and Leclerc doesn't lose patience and won't stop giving his all.

Maybe he was the one who brought our engine secrets to Mercedes, hoping for a seat in return Lol. Binotto found out and sacked him. It’s a stretch, but who knows these days
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Maybe he was the one who brought our engine secrets to Mercedes, hoping for a seat in return Lol. Binotto found out and sacked him. It’s a stretch, but who knows these days
    hahahaha.. you are on fire with conspiracy theories today arent ya! But anything is possible.

Give us more.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    According to Todt , Michael already took care of that. Toto clearly says that Michael's input is 100% why Merc is where they are. Who could ask for anything more?

Vettel : "I couldn't challenge anyone."
    "My confidence level is quite low at the moment, because I’m struggling to get a feel for the car and every time I try and push, I lose the car."

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Last year was the only bad year for him. From 2015 to 2018, it was pretty good and it was once again good in the latter half of last year.
    2018 was when it started unravelling. 3 mistakes in a row at one point.

Then in 2019 he gets beaten by a rookie in his second year in F1.

And the way this year is going, it's looking like it could be even worse.

The "Something wrong" is the driver. I can't believe he's not claiming to be asymptomatic so he can stay home and still get paid. Seb is a great former F-1 driver from an early age. He just hung around too long. I wonder why?

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    I can't believe he's not claiming to be asymptomatic so he can stay home and still get paid.
    Silently, like a shadow

According to Todt , Michael already took care of that. Toto clearly says that Michael's input is 100% why Merc is where they are. Who could ask for anything more?
    Who's Michael ? Some V6 Turbo Hybrid Engine guru that nobody heard of ?

The "Something wrong" is the driver. I can't believe he's not claiming to be asymptomatic so he can stay home and still get paid. Seb is a great former F-1 driver from an early age. He just hung around too long. I wonder why?
    How about the intercooler issue that hindered him in practice and left no time to properly setup the car ? Still the driver's fault ? How about the loose things left in his car ? Still his fault ? Oh wait, he should have built his own car, right ? The team is never at fault, they receive extra money and they build rockets that can wipe the floor with Mercedes, but they are out of luck because they can't find someone to race in that Ferrari and beat Lewis that recently won on 3 wheels.

Charles got on the podium with his Ferrari made car. The team's fault he got there for sure along with him driving great. Toto used the name Michael Schumacher as to who put Merc where they are. I'm sure everyone here has heard of him! Down force !!! That's what Charles needs!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post

How about the intercooler issue that hindered him in practice and left no time to properly setup the car ? Still the driver's fault ? How about the loose things left in his car ? Still his fault ? Oh wait, he should have built his own car, right ? The team is never at fault, they receive extra money and they build rockets that can wipe the floor with Mercedes, but they are out of luck because they can't find someone to race in that Ferrari and beat Lewis that recently won on 3 wheels.

For sure the missed practice might have hurt, but be honest, Vettel has been having issues driving this car. I figured the increase in downforce would help, but doesn't look like it. Leclerc has the ability to drive the car in low downforce mode and make things work. vettel not so much. We'll have to see this race if he improves. He has lots of data now to set up his car better.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post

Binotto inter cooled the team letting them know it's 2023 when they need to start getting things win ready. They have two years to get the car ready. The pay will still be there though for everyone. Seb is for sure a better driver now than Lewis or Charles or even Max. It's the car that has him sliding around the track, not him. Charles & his Ferrari made the podium !! There's hope !! Go Seb !!

Oh dear, Seb's car seems to have sabotaged in FP2 today, now with a possible engine failure, what on earth does that mean for the rest of our Ferrari-powered drivers, not only slow but self-detonating too.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Oh dear, Seb's car seems to have sabotaged in FP2 today, now with a possible engine failure, what on earth does that mean for the rest of our Ferrari-powered drivers, not only slow but self-detonating too.
    You can't be serious....with fans like these, Ferrari doesn't need any enemies.

You can't be serious....with fans like these, Ferrari doesn't need any enemies.
    I guess you have vettel under your skin so badly that one can wonder if he did you something personal to you. FFS. Let's see next year when sainz prove what he can do in the spectacular car we have. You are so blinded with vettel that you can not assume and understand the events that are happening in the team and the car development. You are the worst kind of Ferrari supporter over there. The toxic one.

Quote Originally Posted by totox View Post
    I guess you have vettel under your skin so badly that one can wonder if he did you something personal to you. FFS. Let's see next year when sainz prove what he can do in the spectacular car we have. You are so blinded with vettel that you can not assume and understand the events that are happening in the team and the car development. You are the worst kind of Ferrari supporter over there. The toxic one.

yeah all that you want, but you are the one that started this nonsense witch-hunting thread for something pretty silly. i guess you're obssesed with vettel. Reading between lines something that never existed or was tell LOL. Look yourself in the mirror if you are searching for someone paranoid.