Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Vettel: "Something" is going on with my car

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    If a driver is faster than the other then that driver must be faster with all driving styles not with only a particular driving style. Leclerc is only faster as long as the car has a better front end, the moment that changes Vettel becomes faster as can be seen till Hungarian GP. Someone pointed out, Ferrari changed the dynamics of car after Hungary, starting British GP, made it more a front end car. From being faster, Vettel was suddenly around a second slower.

Often it is said in Formula 1, the tyres need to be in the correct window for them to perform the best. Why? Because if tyres are not in window, the laptimes won't be good. Everything on car including driver works in same way. To extract the most, everything including the driver must be in their window.

Hamilton is winning the titles because the car suits him. Maybe people don't remember that in 2013, Rosberg had scored more poles than Hamilton. Before that Button also beat him. That doesn't make him slower than Button or Rosberg.

In Formula 1, every tenth matters. And that is only possible is everything on car including driver is in their perfect window.
    Ferrari changed the dynamics of their car because they cut downforce because the car was too draggy. They did this to increase straightline speed and mitigate the lack of power from the engine. The car became quicker and better as seen by Charles performances, but unfortunately Seb got slower. Now the car is becoming more balanced and Seb is getting more comfortable. The tires are starting to last longer as well, so hopefully both drivers will get quicker. But this does show that Charles is just that much quicker then Seb, even without a perfect car.

I understand that tyre management and driving style matter, but that should be the difference that the driver brings to the table. The car itself should be pretty much suitable for both drivers in my opinion. If a team wants a more front-end car, they should look to get two drivers who are comfortable with that car type. If I look at Mercedes I would say the car suits both drivers because they are always just a few tenths apart (sometimes less) in qualifying. That's how it should be in my opinion.

As for Ferrari, what was the case last year? We know that Leclerc beat Seb overall, but was it close? Did the car suit both drivers or just one? I would think the car was built around Seb since he had been with Ferrari for some time, yet Leclerc beat him. So does that mean Leclerc is better than Seb in a car that suits Seb as well as in a car that suits himself (ie current car)?
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    That's a good point about a car that suits both drivers but easier said than done, look at Charles and Seb and also Max and Albon, the Red Bull is apparently designed around Max so it's harder for Alex to get the best out of it. As for pit crew, it's been below par for some time, as has strategy when compared to Merc and RB, we have to get the trackside issues into some sort of harmony and I do not believe that Binotto doing two jobs is helping those aspects.
    RBR shouldn't have hired Albon in the first place if he prefers a different car to Max. This is what I'm saying about the teams. They know what car philosophy they are working with so why hire a driver who is not suited to that philosophy? Right now RBR are looking for Albon's replacement, and it's pretty much between Hulk and Perez. Which of the two has a similar driving style to Max? That's what they should look at, otherwise they'll have the same problems with the new driver.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

I don't think there's much to say. In 2019, after 21 races and 10 long months, Leclerc had more wins, points, podiums and poles than Vettel, his first year at Ferrari and only his 2nd year in F1.

And this year, he's dominating Vettel and making him look like Raikkonen 2.0. He's better and faster than Vettel and no fan theory is going to change that.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    I don't think there's much to say. In 2019, after 21 races and 10 long months, Leclerc had more wins, points, podiums and poles than Vettel, his first year at Ferrari and only his 2nd year in F1.

And this year, he's dominating Vettel and making him look like Raikkonen 2.0. He's better and faster than Vettel and no fan theory is going to change that.
    AMEN....could NOT agree more

I can only wish Charles has as great a success in F-1 as Seb had in his F-1 career . I'm hoping Ferrari is the team that gets him there. Seb and his family will enjoy his retirement years quite comfortably. he put the time in for sure.

Lol touché!
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    If I look at Mercedes I would say the car suits both drivers because they are always just a few tenths apart (sometimes less) in qualifying. That's how it should be in my opinion.
    Faster car is relatively easier to adapt, look at the gap between teammates for such cars, it's smaller than gap you would find when car is harder to drive. Webber who was pretty average in my mind looked good in that RBR, and no way Bottas will be only a tenth or two slower to Hamilton if they were driving let's say 2009 Mclaren. Adaptability segregates great drivers from good drivers

It is absurd. Teams don't upend their entire design process and aero philosophy just to give Max a pointy front end, as Albon's defenders are saying, or give Vettel a car with planted rear end, as Vettel defenders are saying. As if a 4xWDC shouldn't be expected to perform better than he's doing right now because he can't handle "pointy read end" and should be given perpetual passes for lack of results because of his accolades.

If Vettel/Albon is slower than Charles/Max, it's because Charles/Max is simply faster. Another funny argument or excuse is, driving style. Both Charles and Max had to adapt and cope with the demands of their machinery. They are making the car do all the hard work, instead of fighting with the steering wheel.

And if Vettel/Albon's "driving style" makes them break 0.1 sec early or going trough the corners 10 kph slower than their teammates, and its not the "driving style", it's called lack of adaptability.
    Last year, mind you, Charles came to Ferrari to find a car he knew nothing about. He worked, adapted, he had to overcome a team that was Seb's team and would believe (rightfully) that Seb was the boss, prove that he did not come to be #2, and proved that he simply was faster.
    That alone goes to prove that you are exactly right, Ferrari provided with two cars to the drivers and at the end Charles is -that- faster.

This year, without having to overcome something, he's showing true pace and this is why he's REALLY THAT faster. There is no conspiracy, there is no #2 car, there is nothing wrong with Seb's car.
    It's all about the driver.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

This is from the Redbull team on Vettel in 2014, and I for the same reason thinks that he feels something is going on with his Car.

"For Sebastian, everything has to be right for the car, otherwise he starts thinking. That's why he had problems with Ricciardo," Marko analyses.

Quote Originally Posted by speedmaster View Post
    This is from the Redbull team on Vettel in 2014, and I for the same reason thinks that he feels something is going on with his Car.

"For Sebastian, everything has to be right for the car, otherwise he starts thinking. That's why he had problems with Ricciardo," Marko analyses.
    I think it sort of makes sense. Vettel never had to deal with a car that was a pain to drive when he was a young driver and since he straight away got the Newey made spaceships, all he had to do was fine tune what he already knew in order to win championships and never had to learn the skill of driving around the problems of a car because, well, there barely were any problems with the Newey made RedBulls.

Maybe Leclerc would've met the same fate if it wasn't for Ferrari screwing up this year. But now, he has mastered the skill of driving a car that is nigh impossible to drive and got 2 podiums while at it. An old saying comes to my mind, "Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times."
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

A driver having success with a top team who managed a great car for him loses all respect as far as having any real driving ability? If a driver gets on pole he should start at the back? WCC and WDC should not be allowed to be won together! If there's no ridiculous let him pass team orders, the winning driver had to drive to win. Coming in 3rd. to 10th is real racing? I just can't agree. When Charles starts winning every race, when Ferrari gets him the car; I will have him as a top driver and wish him a win every race and believe he still has to drive great to be great.

I doubt any champion in any motorsport has fallen off as fast as Seb over the past year. Many positions behind the Strollman and crushed by the same Räikkönen he flattened four years running. Sad.

He's finished and it's nothing to do with the yellow flags today. That's sad but he hit his peak at a young age. Even when we gave him a car capable of winning the WDC he threw it in to a wall in the wet, the pressure got to him and apart from Webber he had no pressure when he won 4 WDC's. Now he drives cars which aren't completely nailed to.the road and he struggles..if Alonso had that car Vettel had during his spell with us Alonso would be 3 time WDC

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    I doubt any champion in any motorsport has fallen off as fast as Seb over the past year. Many positions behind the Strollman and crushed by the same Räikkönen he flattened four years running. Sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by patrese86 View Post
    He's finished and it's nothing to do with the yellow flags today. That's sad but he hit his peak at a young age. Even when we gave him a car capable of winning the WDC he threw it in to a wall in the wet, the pressure got to him and apart from Webber he had no pressure when he won 4 WDC's. Now he drives cars which aren't completely nailed to.the road and he struggles..if Alonso had that car Vettel had during his spell with us Alonso would be 3 time WDC
    Debatable. Seb lifted in T2 and T8 plus Mazepins yellow.

Let's see how the rest of the season goes before writing him off the planet.

Vettel knocked out of Q1 on Aston Martin debut

https://the-race.com/formula-1/vette...ign=SocialSnap
    Last edited by jgonzalesm6; 27th March 2021 at 17:30.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

A $50 million pay check and in a Ferrari seat is surely a distraction to say the least. Saying " It's the Car! " holds true for everyone.

I bet my two pennies that stroll i going to win 90% of poles vs Sebs. Seb crybaby caracter hurts so much our team. Everybody speculated that his car was different and now its time to face the truth.

Vettel really sucked at the Sakhir race 2021.

Penalties and penalty points added to his license.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by alfa84 View Post
    I bet my two pennies that stroll i going to win 90% of poles vs Sebs. Seb crybaby caracter hurts so much our team. Everybody speculated that his car was different and now its time to face the truth.
    you cant be serious. Once vettel settles in, he will blow baby stroll away.
    Silently, like a shadow

If you want updates on Seb's latest performances then head over to - https://www.sebastianvettel.de/index.php/en/

Forza Ferrari