Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any hope for stopping Hamilton

Any hope for stopping Hamilton

I just cannot stand the fact that this arrogant, stuck up human being is going to equal Michael’s record. And any hope for a Ferrari that can race, hoping for good news.

Short answer: No! Long answer: Nope!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When Lewis got his 5th championship, I started to get sick to my stomach that he's likely going to break Michael's record. If someone beat the record on merrit, I wouldn't have a problem with it. But for 7 year's he's had far and away the best car, arguably the most dominant in history. If it was Poker, it would be like him starting with pocket Aces every hand.

It's not only almost written in stone he will win not only 2020 championship, but 2021's as well.

So what are we going to do fellas?

Cheer him on like good sports do.Very hard to beat from here bottas needs balls and they are missing find them fast bottas because the title is starting to slip.Loose the butler tag mate and start pushing hard.Put Lewis under pressure he will start whingeing and whinning and complaining this will give bottas the opportunity of beating Lewis.There is no other way on track other than Lewis Hamilton's car failing or crashing.

Bottas is trying for sure. One win so far and he's for sure fighting Max. He's not Rubenized by Merc. Besides great driving Lewis has great luck which is needed by any F-1 driver.Winning on 3 tires takes great driving, confidence and great luck. Charles is giving us Ferrari fans hope for sure , forget Binottos 2 yrs wait. All F-1 races are unpredictable to the end . Merc nearly wound up after 66 front row lockouts finishing with zero points !
    Last edited by Brembo; 4th August 2020 at 07:19.

Hamilton claims he prefers a real challenge from Charles or max that's easy to say when he is miles in front.If only it would be possible to really see just how good hamster really is or has he purely had the longest honeymoon in the current hybrid era in formula1 history.Oh by the way no mention of bottas.

He can win 10 titles and he still won't match the level of Schumi, Alonso is better than Lewis also.....
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    He can win 10 titles and he still won't match the level of Schumi, Alonso is better than Lewis also.....
    Number of titles can never define a driver

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Seb for sure is proof of that!

Tell that to the British biased #$&@#$ commentators....which see Lewis as gods gift to F1....praised so high, even higher than Senna.....bunch of hypocrites

We all know that all these championships since 2017 have been all given to Lewis on a platter and arranged by Merc..
    The only challenges he had and had to work really hard were 14, 15, 16...when Nico was his teammate

So brace yourselves for more easy wdcs for Lewis....at least 2 more...and then we’ll see what the pecking order will be from 2022 onwards

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Seb for sure is proof of that!

Seb is nowhere....I’ve always rate him as an overrated driver...without Neweys rocketships he’s absolutely mediocre
    He just doesn’t have the racing skills to race midpack....he’s used to quali on,pole and run away into the distance thanks to the blown diffuser rockets he’s had in the past

Exactly

Quite correct, and Mercedes may have done an incredible job but without their car HAM would not be in a position to claim his 7th and possibly 8th WDC. Sadly, Ferrari have failed to rise to the challenge, despite coming close on occasions, and now the engine freeze has turned it into a circus.

I completely agree. It's a shame statistics will create the argument, and in 20 years people will say Lewis easily is the GOAT.

Hamster will never have the status of Schumi, Senna, Alonso or any of the drivers who really raced to be champions. He will be a statistic, and F1 a farce.

Not until the FIA is asking Mercedes to drop it on their table. And have it disassembled.

Quote Originally Posted by Farid757 View Post
    Hamster will never have the status of Schumi, Senna, Alonso or any of the drivers who really raced to be champions. He will be a statistic, and F1 a farce.
    If and when Lewis does 100 wins, 100 poles , 10 WDCs, they will only be good stats until the next GOAT passes them. I agree that all past records are a F-1 farce once they are passed. Senna was the only GOAT that has left doubt as to how far he would have gone. No driver passed his pole record in the same time as he reached his top number. Stats are a farce!

I think a good indicator of how easy it has been for Lewis is the amount of time he can devote to things that do not involve driving a race car.

Look at the drivers that most capture our imagination and you will see that they have one thing in common: they were consumed by a passion for motorsport and nothing else got their attention.

Quote Originally Posted by killer View Post
    I think a good indicator of how easy it has been for Lewis is the amount of time he can devote to things that do not involve driving a race car.

Look at the drivers that most capture our imagination and you will see that they have one thing in common: they were consumed by a passion for motorsport and nothing else got their attention.

Very true. Most drivers are for sure consumed by a passion to beat Lewis. Nothing else matters. Motorsports at it's best. Charles, Bottas and Max, 24/7 on the case. Meanwhile as you say Lewis can and does enjoy his social life . But come Fri, Sat , Sun. race week he's on pole and winning races best he can. Merc has locked the front start 66 times! All work no play not good.

Very true. Most drivers are for sure consumed by a passion to beat Lewis. Nothing else matters. Motorsports at it's best. Charles, Bottas and Max, 24/7 on the case. Meanwhile as you say Lewis can and does enjoy his social life . But come Fri, Sat , Sun. race week he's on pole and winning races best he can. Merc has locked the front start 66 times! All work no play not good.
    Not quite what I meant but hey--more power to you.

I am not sure where you saw that.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by killer View Post

Aroutis, here's where I saw that .

Agreed, anyone driving that Merc for the past 6 years is likely to have been in pole position for the WDC/WCC. I accept that HAM is a great driver but so are some of the others who will have missed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Farid757 View Post
    I just cannot stand the fact that this arrogant, stuck up human being is going to equal Michael’s record. And any hope for a Ferrari that can race, hoping for good news.
    You and me both mate. To be totally honest it wouldn't bother me if I felt he'd earned it or fought hard for it, I could accept that but what kills me is the fact that car is the most dominant in the history of the sport, 7 years now nothing has been close and I guess even then if he had a teammate like Max, Charles or Alonso I could deal with it, but the fact Bottas is paid just to be his #2 and to let him pass is making a mockery of the sport. (just look at the last race 'Silverstone'. if you watch the first 2 seconds of the race you see Bottas actually gets the better initial start and then seems to 'lift' for his master.)

What annoys me even more are some 'casual' F1 fans that are lapping it up. Take my mother for instance. She watches F1 on and off but is not a huge fan. When Michael was winning, she was constantly saying "it's time someone else won" but according to her it's fine if Lewis is winning for 7 yrs on a row because "he's british".

You cannot believe the amount of willpower it takes to hold my tongue and not call her a total hypocrite. (if it was someone else rather than my mum, I would had a huge row)

What gets me also is the fact the FIA did everything they could to stop Michael winning, but they are more than happy for Lewis to keep winning with no competition.

Quite frankly my love for this sport is dwindling and won't last much longer. The thought of no changes at all until 2022 and 2 more titles for them with little to no effort boils my blood.

No 8th pole @ Silverstone for Lewis. I still have a feeling Bottas and Toto are telling the truth that there's no #1 #2 driver.

No 8th pole @ Silverstone for Lewis. I still have a feeling Bottas and Toto are telling the truth that there's no #1 #2 driver.
    I think Mercedes legitimately lets them go 100% in qualifying.

As for the race, I can't say I remember Hamilton playing the role of a pawn or speed bump to help Bottas, but Hamilton typically isn't in that position.

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    I think Mercedes legitimately lets them go 100% in qualifying.
    As for the race, I can't say I remember Hamilton playing the role of a pawn or speed bump to help Bottas, but Hamilton typically isn't in that position.
    I'm glad I'm not alone thinking Merc let's them race. With those two cars ; being on pole is a major advantage. As for the race as you say, I also can't see Lewis moving over for Bottas if he's in 1st. for real.