Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Emirates Formula 1 70th Anniversary Grand Prix 2020 Snooze-fest, Sorry "Race"

Quote Originally Posted by dfunk257 View Post
    How on earth did Lewis not end up speeding in the pit lane? it was clear during the engine box replay he didnt get on the pit limiter until after the line.
    In NASCAR they have a 5 mph buffer similar to police controls, maybe similar?

Vettel: "We talked exactly about this situation, that if it happens, we don't do what we did at the end. That was frustrating. I had enough speed to stay out. The guys that were infront of me after my pit stop were doing the exact same lap times that I did with older tyres."

So as per his words, this situation (vettel vs Leclerc) was discussed. But it went other-way on track... hmmm

Felix Görner (RTL) said that Ferrari/Vettel are possibly considering a chassis change for the next races

If you spoon at the first corner ,with no contact with others cars, you cant complain about strategy. At least be honest and argue the real cause of not getting onto the points zone

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Felix Görner (RTL) said that Ferrari/Vettel are possibly considering a chassis change for the next races
    How does that help?

Vettel: "We talked exactly about this situation, that if it happens, we don't do what we did at the end. That was frustrating. I had enough speed to stay out. The guys that were infront of me after my pit stop were doing the exact same lap times that I did with older tyres."

So as per his words, this situation (vettel vs Leclerc) was discussed. But it went other-way on track... hmmm
    Multi 21 and Russia 2019 were also discussed before the situation arrived

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Multi 21 and Russia 2019 were also discussed before the situation arrived

My point is any driver will burst out on radio if he’s no longer tied with their team & there’s some strategy to favour his teammate over him. That’s obvious.
    We saw with Massa/Kimi/Alonso & now vettel. In future many more to come...

When the contract is over any driver can speak in any way.
    Maybe. But his contract is yet to run out, he's still under his current contract and that's why he's driving.

There’s open criticism from Alonso too in 2014 & DR on RB 2017?
    Such as?

Such things happen when they are star drivers in the team. I would blame both team & driver in such cases.
    I wouldn't. What Binotto said was factual description of Vettel's yesterday performance, because of his spin Vettel would've finished P12 regardless. Of course, Vettel would try his best to paint it differently. Two weeks ago at this same track, Leclerc was P3 and Vettel was P10. Ferrari knows very well of what exactly Vettel is capable of doing with the current car.

And I've yet to see Ferrari blaming Vettel for anything. Even after Singapore or Brazil, they've never blamed him. Vettel on the other hand, pointing fingers at Ferrari from the very first race.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Driving FOR Ferrari is not the same as driving WITH Ferrari. Expectations are high when you get there as a driver. IF Ferrari is'nt producing a winning car, the driver's expectations drop and fall and most of the time gets blamed for not winning.
    Not really and we've seen it quite well. Ferrari actually did produced two great cars not that long ago, and we have seen the wonderful job Vettel had done with those two cars.

And I know Ferrari is a "pressure cooker" like environment, and expectations will always be high. But with Vettel, the situation is different. He's not a driver who admits his own mistakes, never has and never will. And what about his driving antics? Apparently Vettel is still struggling with the loose rear-ends, which to me sounds like one of the most hilarious excuses of all time. He has no problem dealing with a loose rear when he had Webber/Raikkonen as teammate, but as soon it's Ric or Charles, Vettel simply doesn't know how to drive. And when a driver still can't adapt at the age of 32, I doubt he will ever.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Maybe. But his contract is yet to run out, he's still under his current contract and that's why he's driving.

Such as?

I wouldn't. What Binotto said was factual description of Vettel's yesterday performance, because of his spin Vettel would've finished P12 regardless. Of course, Vettel would try his best to paint it differently. Two weeks ago at this same track, Leclerc was P3 and Vettel was P10. Ferrari knows very well of what exactly Vettel is capable of doing with the current car.

And I've yet to see Ferrari blaming Vettel for anything. Even after Singapore or Brazil, they've never blamed him. Vettel on the other hand, pointing fingers at Ferrari from the very first race.
    Alonso-Kimi 2014
    DR-Max 2016 or 2017
    I can’t remember the statements, but it was on the similar lines.

I’ve never seen vettel blame ferrari apart from Yesterday.
    If yesterday is the blame like Vettel saying “ This is what discussed today morning, it isn’t expected etc..... bla bla”
    Then same thing happened with Leclerc last year Singapore & other race on radio “we discussed on team debrief etc, I don’t believe him ”.... etc...

So driver radio messages aren’t taken serious these days ... for example; Ham. He talks a lot on radio as if tsunami is coming & stop Mercs from winning on every lap.

Finally I would say, it happens with every driver if the situation arrives then it will be known.

I’m not defending vettel & ferrari, because combo didn’t worked out at all from both sides.

I feel if MA was around would have handled it smoothly & let vettel leave as did Kimi.
    Last edited by nani_s23; 10th August 2020 at 14:02.

@tifosi1993

https://twitter.com/vebsettel/status...441116162?s=21

He’s the true leader & for your reference he was also talking about 2018 car 2nd half.

Alonso-Kimi 2014
    DR-Max 2016 or 2017
    I can’t remember the statements, but it was on the similar lines.

I’ve never seen vettel blame ferrari apart from Yesterday.
    If yesterday is the blame like Vettel saying “ This is what discussed today morning, it isn’t expected etc..... bla bla”
    Then same thing happened with Leclerc last year Singapore & other race on radio “we discussed on team debrief etc, I don’t believe him ”.... etc...

So driver radio messages aren’t taken serious these days ... for example; Ham. He talks a lot on radio as if tsunami is coming & stop Mercs from winning on every lap.

Finally I would say, it happens with every driver if the situation arrives then it will be known.

I’m not defending vettel & ferrari, because combo didn’t worked out at all from both sides.

I feel if MA was around would have handled it smoothly & let vettel leave as did Kimi.
    So there is no example of either Alonso or DR or Kimi throwing the team under the bus because of a bad strategy. Noted.
    And it not just the team radio, Vettel also said after the race something like, Ferrari/Charles never had the "courage" to pass him on track.

And Vettel's team radio or him blaming the car and team is nothing new, guy is the master of deflection. Nothing is Vettel's fault, in 2010 Turkey Webber was the culprit, Baku 2017 "when did I do dangerous driving" etc. etc..

The only way he can deal with his spin is by blaming his team. And guess what Seb? sometimes drivers do get sub-optimal strategies, but for Vettel this is of course the end of the world and some fans always put the blame on Ferrari.

But I don't have to say anything, because every race Vettel is proving me right. All his flaws are sticking out like never before, and it's making him mad.

So there is no example of either Alonso or DR or Kimi throwing the team under the bus because of a bad strategy. Noted.
    And it not just the team radio, Vettel also said after the race something like, Ferrari/Charles never had the "courage" to pass him on track.

And Vettel's team radio or him blaming the car and team is nothing new, guy is the master of deflection. Nothing is Vettel's fault, in 2010 Turkey Webber was the culprit, Baku 2017 "when did I do dangerous driving" etc. etc..

The only way he can deal with his spin is by blaming his team. And guess what Seb? sometimes drivers do get sub-optimal strategies, but for Vettel this is of course the end of the world and some fans always put the blame on Ferrari.

But I don't have to say anything, because every race Vettel is proving me right. All his flaws are sticking out like never before, and it's making him mad.
    Two people did dangerous driving in Baku. The problem was that only one got thrown under the bus by the corrupt FIA. Vettel's radio message was assinine, he should've just apologised and asked why Hammy wasn't penalised too.

@tifosi1993

https://twitter.com/vebsettel/status...441116162?s=21

He’s the true leader & for your reference he was also talking about 2018 car 2nd half.
    https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/a...riends-ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Two people did dangerous driving in Baku. The problem was that only one got thrown under the bus by the corrupt FIA. Vettel's radio message was assinine, he should've just apologised and asked why Hammy wasn't penalised too.
    Yeah, everyone is corrupt and Vettel is a saint.

Baku 2017 was all down to Vettel, but again I don't have to say anything. There's always one or two crazy people out there, and I'm not here to change their mind.

I need to collect the statements of what Alonso/massa/Kimi did said on radio, it’s hard to get those now.
    It doesn’t mean that my statement is invalid.

And rest part I will not discuss because vettel’s mistakes are true. But for me its with Ferrari too that’s my point.

Wts this .... I was saying MA was the right leader. Mattia played it smart & everyone knows that.
    There’s nothing to argue on this.

Hamilton’s telemetry was checked, he never brake tested Vettel. To be honest, 5 second stop go was extremely light penalty for Seb. I expected him to get black flagged for that incident

Hamilton’s telemetry was checked, he never brake tested Vettel. To be honest, 5 second stop go was extremely light penalty for Seb. I expected him to get black flagged for that incident
    He suddenly slowed at the end of the corner to try and catch Vettel out for the restart, that's unsafe driving. He should've been given a 5 or 10 second time penalty for his actions. Never said it was a brake test, but it sure was dangerous driving.

He suddenly slowed at the end of the corner to try and catch Vettel out for the restart, that's unsafe driving. He should've been given a 5 or 10 second time penalty for his actions. Never said it was a brake test, but it sure was dangerous driving.
    I beg to disagree. He was the race leader, he has every right to dictate the restart launch. I’m my opinion Vettel thought that was the launch, which obviously wasn’t, he was too close anticipating the restart. Not a problem till here, problem was deliberately banging into Hamilton which in my opinion was disgrace, when you have young F1 fans watching their hero in Vettel

I beg to disagree. He was the race leader, he has every right to dictate the restart launch. I’m my opinion Vettel thought that was the launch, which obviously wasn’t, he was too close anticipating the restart. Not a problem till here, problem was deliberately banging into Hamilton which in my opinion was disgrace, when you have young F1 fans watching their hero in Vettel
    You don't do it when the cars behind you are blinded by the inside wall. It's all about the context, had Vettel ran into him the first time it could've caused a pile-up.

Any sudden slowdown would've showed up on the telemetry. And FIA had gone through onboards, throttle input, power management and plenty of other data's, and nothing suggested anything you are implying.

And Ferrari would've protested Vettel's penalty, if they really thought Hamilton was driving dangerously. But they didn't, not because there was some evil conspiracy against Ferrari, because there was no factual data available to back up Vettel's claim.

Any sudden slowdown would've showed up on the telemetry. And FIA had gone through onboards, throttle input, power management and plenty of other data's, and nothing suggested anything you are implying.

And Ferrari would've protested Vettel's penalty, if they really thought Hamilton was driving dangerously. But they didn't, not because there was some evil conspiracy against Ferrari, because there was no factual data available to back up Vettel's claim.
    Trusting the corrupt FIA with Mercedes' telemetry is like trusting the WHO "experts" with covid *cough cough* Ferrari didn't protest Vettel's penalty because he deserved to be penalised. The issue here is that Hamilton ALSO should've been penalised in that situation. What he did was fair game on a straight but not a blind corner. Both drivers acted a clown in that situation, but Hammy has divine protection from above under the MIA corporate agenda.
    Last edited by Tifoso Svedese; 10th August 2020 at 16:10.

I need to collect the statements of what Alonso/massa/Kimi did said on radio, it’s hard to get those now.
    It doesn’t mean that my statement is invalid.

And rest part I will not discuss because vettel’s mistakes are true. But for me its with Ferrari too that’s my point.
    Ofcourse Ferrari makes mistakes too. I'd say we have the worst strategy department out of all.

But the point is, Ferrari have never criticized Vettel publicly. And I'd say, Vettel's errors were more costly, Singapore and Brazil were the two prime examples. But Ferrari have never thrown Vettel under the bus.

Vettel's driving has always been the problem, that's why he's having so much trouble securing a seat for next year. He's trying to create unnecessary drama and trouble, and we have enough trouble to deal with already.

Singapore was Verstappen's and Kimi's fault and also that race should've not been started without running a few laps behind the SC as is standard procedure, especially on a floodlit street circuit. Then they could've had a standing start, but chose to have it standing immediately. Which obviously would've not happened had golden boy been on pole. Then they just had to randomize it. With 3-4 warm up laps before the start and warm tyres everyone would've made it through T1 safely. I don't remember a single Mercedes pole when they didn't do just that.

Trusting the corrupt FIA with Mercedes' telemetry is like trusting the WHO with covid *cough cough* Ferrari didn't protest Vettel's penalty because he deserved to be penalised. The issue here is that Hamilton ALSO should've been penalised in that situation. What he did was fair game on a straight but not a blind corner. Both drivers acted a clown in that situation, but Hammy has divine protection from above under the MIA corporate agenda.
    You didn't get it. No, I wasn't talking about Vettel's penalty or any protest against it.

If Ferrari had enough proofs of Hamilton's dangerous driving, there would've been a protest. And since it had happened 3 years ago, and there was no appeal or protest against Hamilton's driving from Ferrari, I don't see any reason for you to upset about it.

You didn't get it. No, I wasn't talking about Vettel's penalty or any protest against it.

If Ferrari had enough proofs of Hamilton's dangerous driving, there would've been a protest. And since it had happened 3 years ago, and there was no appeal or protest against Hamilton's driving from Ferrari, I don't see any reason for you to upset about it.
    Because Ferrari's leadership are weak and spineless cowards when it comes down to it. If that had happened in Michael's days they'd given Mercedes the living hell about it.

Wts this .... I was saying MA was the right leader. Mattia played it smart & everyone knows that.
    There’s nothing to argue on this.
    No he wasn't the right leader, and he wasn't even a leader to begin with. SM was the leader, it was SM who decided our driver lineup and who should replace Raikkonen. Arrivabene had no part in it. He was only there because of Ferrari's tobacco sponsorship.

And as per late Sergio Marchionne's wishes, Binotto became the TP and Leclerc replaced Raikkonen.

Because Ferrari's leadership are weak and spineless cowards when it comes down to it. If that had happened in Michael's days they'd given Mercedes the living hell about it.
    With such arguments, I can't take you seriously. Have a good day.

You mean like when MS ran into the back of JPM in the Monaco tunnel? no outrage from our leadership then......
    Forza Ferrari