Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Somebody else cheating ?

Ferrari powered engines are the only engines that are fully compliant with the current regulations after the fia inquiry.which leaves question marks on the others.As I have said in previous post ferrari are helping the fia as part of the settlement.Ferrari would have had the best trick with sensors catching the others will be easy.Ferrari has access to racing data on race day all teams have on screens for sure this is being interpreted back at maranello and information supplied back to the fia.Interesting times ahead.Could well be Ferraris 2nd victory for the f1 season the first being the Concorde agreement.Any team or individual who thought that ferrari would take the fia findings standing on there engine laying down are very much mistaken big time.

Quote Originally Posted by 330 p4 View Post
    They will not expose it, like with Ferrari but they have a brilliant alibi, they will say the banning of quali modes has dropped Merc performance after they make them remove it.
    That's my thinking. If they release that Mercedes was cheating it could tarnish the Lewis Hamilton being so amazing. The Lewis Hamilton ball lickers in the FIA will not want that. So they would implement a rule change that stops their cheating without any formal punishment or exposure.

Mercedes is very confident though. Toto said they may lose a few tenths in Quali but other teams will lose too. Also they will be able to use higher modes in race after the quali-mode ban..

Toto can say all he likes iam sure the tires will love the greater power modes during the race he is full of crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    Mercedes is very confident though. Toto said they may lose a few tenths in Quali but other teams will lose too. Also they will be able to use higher modes in race after the quali-mode ban..
    That was before the ERS investigation. He probably thought they could still use that, the quali mode may have impacted on combustion but still could use the ERS trick.

AMuS

F1: new technical directive on engine settings will apply from Monza. Teams are allowed to change engine mappings from race to race. The overtaking button may be used in the race.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ef7VfTLX...pg&name=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ef7VfTNX...pg&name=medium

So you can use a different engine mode:

• Laps behind the Safety Car or at VSC speed (virtual SafetyCar)
    • The lap after the chequered flag
    • Laps before and after a flying qualifying lap
    • Any other lap that is 20 % above the fastest lap of the qualifying session

You can also use a special engine mode if its because of a reliability issues but the FIA has to be informed about it beforehand and there has to be a significant loss of power (you are not allowed to switch back to a higher engine mode again)

When a team notices issues with the engine during the race (risk of a possible engine failure), you are allowed to run a lower engine mode but you will be stuck with that mode for the rest of the race.

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/...che-direktive/
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Ferrari would have given the FIA a series of indications on how to get different mappings. This led the Federation itself to ask Mercedes, Honda and Renault for clarifications and decided to ban different mappings between qualifying and race.

A similar procedure was also followed for the “investigations” on the functioning of the ERS. Ferrari would have advanced tests to FIA technicians to show how it is possible to increase the electric power in qualifying, masking the measurements of the FIA sensors.

Party mode would mainly affect the Mercedes powered teams while the anomalous use of the ERS could see the two Honda teams among the most penalised.

...it appears that the FIA are beginning to suspect that all teams, not just Ferrari, are possibly guilty of cheating via trickery involving electronics.

Well, hopefully it can bring us ahead of Ctrl + V and Renault in qualifying trim and thus lock Charles (or Seb) into the first three rows again, which needless to say is a positive when it comes to collecting P4:s.

Why would the FIA, knowing that other teams are using tricks, as became readily apparent from the first race, wait this long to implement changes? They've already gifted the 2020 season to Mercedes at this point...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Why would the FIA, knowing that other teams are using tricks, as became readily apparent from the first race, wait this long to implement changes? They've already gifted the 2020 season to Mercedes at this point...
    It could come out that Mercedes was using more ERS than allowed since 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    It could come out that Mercedes was using more ERS than allowed since 2014.
    Lol. Keep dreaming!
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Maybe that’s exactly why. Clip their wings, but only after Hamilton has enough of a gap in the WCC. It was supposed to take effect in Belgium, now Monza. Why they delay?
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Lol. Keep dreaming!
    Let me rephrase. If all of a sudden Mercedes loses a dramatic amount of power, it would suggest they have been cheating. Just as Ferrari lost their power advantage against the rules.

It would be reasonable to assume the reason Mercedes had such a great engine was because of the "cheating" since 2014.

It's not how start but how you finish.

Cant wait for all this to come out mercedes will be exposed as will others there is no way that all has been above board since 2014.Where is Andy cowel I'm sure he can answer a few questions .That's right he has left the building like a cockroach.This will be a game changer.Mercedes victories have big question marks on them and reflects on Hamilton's titles.Put him in another car without trickery and tampering and we will see just how good he really is well guess what its coming fast with the car he currently drives.

W
    Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    Let me rephrase. If all of a sudden Mercedes loses a dramatic amount of power, it would suggest they have been cheating. Just as Ferrari lost their power advantage against the rules.

It would be reasonable to assume the reason Mercedes had such a great engine was because of the "cheating" since 2014.
    Again as mentioned above by another forum fella, keep dreaming...they would never strip Merc of their championships

It's sad that the most interesting aspect of F1 these days is the politics... that says a lot about the series....

It's sad that the most interesting aspect of F1 these days is the politics... that says a lot about the series....
    Even that's not really interesting which makes this shower of (something I'm not allowed to say ) even more tragic.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    W

Again as mentioned above by another forum fella, keep dreaming...they would never strip Merc of their championships
    They never would. They wouldn't even report that they found Mercedes using illegal ERS systems. Mercedes were caught in the middle of the Racing Point saga and the FIA/F1 haven't said one word negatively about Mercedes.

Not yet any way.A world with no politics is a dead world long live politics and may the rave continue longer and louder f1 lives matter.

All the complaining about F-1 & politics etc. are just diversions away from the fact that Lewis will win and break all records, until someone else comes along to drive great along with a great car to drive. The fighting up front for the podium is still great to watch ! The biggest result will be for F-1 to make it without fans in the stands. I'm grateful for the races to be held , 17 in all I read.

Obviously Mercedes have pulled a Lance Armstrong ever since 2014 in one way or the other, too high of an engine advantage for too long to be realistic, but they're too big to fail. Hopefully at least they can be driven out of F1 either way. I'm sure sugardaddy would buy their engine department anyway.
    Last edited by Tifoso Svedese; 22nd August 2020 at 12:26.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Obviously Mercedes have pulled a Lance Armstrong ever since 2014 in one way or the other, too high of an engine advantage for too long to be realistic, but they're too big to fail. Hopefully at least they can be driven out of F1 either way. I'm sure sugardaddy would buy their engine department anyway.
    Agreed.

Ferrari will not forget what Mercedes did to them. If there is anything irregular, they will probably do whatever they can to expose Mercedes and hit them as hard as possible.

Perhaps this is why Toto have such a blatant dislike for Binotto and also why there are rumours of him possibly leaving?

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    All the complaining about F-1 & politics etc. are just diversions away from the fact that Lewis will win and break all records, until someone else comes along to drive great along with a great car to drive. The fighting up front for the podium is still great to watch ! The biggest result will be for F-1 to make it without fans in the stands. I'm grateful for the races to be held , 17 in all I read.
    You don't win in F1 unless you win the political game...

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    This little bit of rumor might be the light at the end of the tunnel. This might take out the engine variable out of the equation and bring the teams closer together.

In the Ferrari engine saga, maybe Ferrari argued with the FIA that the engine of other manufacturer were also cheating because being at the maximum of what was possible in the hybrid development. Ferrari had no choice to find the fuel

sensor loophole to compete with the likes of Mercedes. Ferrari made the deal with the FiA to help them find the loophole around different ways of circumventing the sensors to unleash more power without raising suspicion.

If we see the same scenario of what happened to Ferrari last year at the US grand prix then will know that Mercedes was also using illegal loopholes. Mercedes are probably going to use reliability as an excuse.

You don't win in F1 unless you win the political game...
    Tony, I have to agree. I love the races no matter what. ESPN has been doing terrific camera work. I feel like I'm in the car !!! There's just tooo much money involved to go clean @ F-1 . NY City = F-1 politically speaking!

Um... Politics is an integral part of F1 since dawn of time :p :D
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    More like, if there's foul playing in Mercedes engines as suspected, Lulu will keep winning until things are remediated.
    Simple as that.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    More like, if there's foul playing in Mercedes engines as suspected, Lulu will keep winning until things are remediated.
    Simple as that.
    " If there's foul play! " If it's true Todt should be put in jail. At least kicked out of F-1 . He worked for Michael not Ferrari. It shows now! It's hard to accept Ferrari not in the top 3 every race. Not any SCs lately ?