Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Somebody else cheating ?

More than anything if they've ran an illegal engine since 2014 they've stolen three WDC from Vettel (2015, 2017 and 2018) and four WCC (2015, 2017, 2018, 2019) from us. Not to mention Leclerc could've won in 2019 if there were proper team orders and no Merc cars to take care of in Mexico and Brazil. So, all in all, it would be horrendous.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    More than anything if they've ran an illegal engine since 2014 they've stolen three WDC from Vettel (2015, 2017 and 2018) and four WCC (2015, 2017, 2018, 2019) from us. Not to mention Leclerc could've won in 2019 if there were proper team orders and no Merc cars to take care of in Mexico and Brazil. So, all in all, it would be horrendous.
    This could be why Ferrari reached a 'deal' with the FIA.

If there are any changes or aspects banned, then it might not be a complete write-off for Ferrari next year at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    " If there's foul play! " If it's true Todt should be put in jail. At least kicked out of F-1 . He worked for Michael not Ferrari. It shows now! It's hard to accept Ferrari not in the top 3 every race. Not any SCs lately ?
    Michael worked for Ferrari and got his titles thru his work. As for what you said, you need therapy and I cannot help you.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Agreed but it goes further as it damages the sport in whole, its reputation.

"If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Michael worked for Ferrari and got his titles thru his work. As for what you said, you need therapy and I cannot help you.

Leave him... he wants to mark Michael as different. For him Lewis & max are saviour/warriors of F1

Agreed but it goes further as it damages the sport in whole, its reputation.

Thing is everyone is running illegal engines some more than others. There will not be any retrospective action. Ferrari pushed these loopholes so much and now are running a fully legal engine, everyone was involved just Ferrari are clean this year.

Quote Originally Posted by 330 p4 View Post
    Thing is everyone is running illegal engines some more than others. There will not be any retrospective action. Ferrari pushed these loopholes so much and now are running a fully legal engine, everyone was involved just Ferrari are clean this year.
    I agree with you, Ferrari milked the hell out of this fuel loophole and that raised suspicion. You saw it in 2018 at hockenheim on the back straight in qualifying, it openened the eyes of everybody the advantage of Ferrari engine.

Soon i hope, this new technical directive will pack everybody closer together.

It would really make my year if in Monza, Leclerc gets better qualifing position than Verstappen and after he says thats what happens when you stop cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by TTRSMAD View Post
    It would really make my year if in Monza, Leclerc gets better qualifing position than Verstappen and after he says thats what happens when you stop cheating.

I agree with you, Ferrari milked the hell out of this fuel loophole and that raised suspicion. You saw it in 2018 at hockenheim on the back straight in qualifying, it openened the eyes of everybody the advantage of Ferrari engine.

And you know this how ? I mean how do you know it was not Ferrari that did not find out that someone else was using this loophole and exploited it (ergo how they closed the performance gap and went in front) only to have eventually the investigation and all saga and mercedes getting too greedy for their own good, but let's not forget honda and rbr in the process ?
    Answer, we can't possibly know.

And you know this how ? I mean how do you know it was not Ferrari that did not find out that someone else was using this loophole and exploited it (ergo how they closed the performance gap and went in front) only to have eventually the investigation and all saga and mercedes getting too greedy for their own good, but let's not forget honda and rbr in the process ?
    Answer, we can't possibly know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCcDOl10jO0

Ferrari engine 2020 version = legal

Rest engine's : illegal

Case closed.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Would u say Merc have done things on the engine since 2014? Clever marketing said they would be dominant so mo suspicions raised. Ferrari knew what they did and just did more of the same, maybe too much. Merc screwed them so Ferrari are now screwing the lot of them after half a season of extreme pain.

Quote Originally Posted by 330 p4 View Post
    Would u say Merc have done things on the engine since 2014? Clever marketing said they would be dominant so mo suspicions raised. Ferrari knew what they did and just did more of the same, maybe too much. Merc screwed them so Ferrari are now screwing the lot of them after half a season of extreme pain.
    What i'm trying to say is that Mercedes was good in not displaying their full hand, only when they really need it. Ferrari on the other hand was very flagrant in their use that's the reason of the suspicion in the first place.

Regardless who did what and when the sport needs cleaning up it has gotten ridiculously out of hand the culprits who allowed this farce to flourish should be banned from f1 permanently.Any titles gained under false pretence should be null and void because they are tinted and covered with dishonesty.We know who the major offender is and they now have plenty to lose .

I agree but Ferrari and Vettel had tons of chances to win the championship in the last couple of years but they dropped the ball.

Hopefully this technical directive is going to level the playing field.

Um... Politics is an integral part of F1 since dawn of time :p :D
    I know, but at least the racing was better in the past...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I know, but at least the racing was better in the past...
    To that I wholeheartedly agree !

This is probably what Mercedes are currently doing or some other aspect of the PU, which would explain the similar ridiculous power advantage over rivals.

Just a thought, we should change this name of the thread. Saying "someone else" implies that we were cheating. We were never caught cheating, we exploited a loophole that that could not be proven or replicated.

I really do hope that this TD tightens the pack and somehow salvages the season, and next.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    I really do hope that this TD tightens the pack and somehow salvages the season, and next.
    It's not a TD, its a rule change.

good post, this is the only story i'm following in F1 right now.