Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Somebody else cheating ?

Somebody else cheating ?

Just seen this article :

#AMuS
    The FIA has asked engine manufacturers to provide detailed information on the ERS architecture, as well as drawings and 3D-CAD views of all auxiliary circuits not belonging to the high-voltage circuit, by 21 August. In case of doubt, physical checks would be carried out.

So either the FIA has a suspicion or they are just groping in the dark.

I’ve also read they think there is another team cheating hence the checks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not surprising if true. Bet every team looking for advantages. Only engine we know.100 % legal now is Ferrari. Time to start putting sensors everywhere on all engines.

It's about time.

We need an f1 scandal to really spice things up.Would be out of this world if other teams are identified as cheats.

Rumour around the paddock is “Merc & Honda are deploying more energy” couple of teams will be submitting the settings of their PU. Two teams tried to manipulate electrical measurements.

Interesting. Nobody will be punished any drop in performance will be put under the ban on quali modes so everyone saves face. Is the quali mode ban just a front to cover for the drop we may see in performance on some engines. Which team is helping the FIA look for these tricks and stopping them? Is all this why Wolf seems to very much dislike Binotto?

Quote Originally Posted by 330 p4 View Post
    Interesting. Nobody will be punished any drop in performance will be put under the ban on quali modes so everyone saves face. Is the quali mode ban just a front to cover for the drop we may see in performance on some engines. Which team is helping the FIA look for these tricks and stopping them? Is all this why Wolf seems to very much dislike Binotto?
    A way for Ferrari or Binotto to get back at Mercedes for the engine investigation?

What is the FIA doing then? Literally every time they need to be told that so and so team is running "tricks". It's their job to ensure that no one is running any tricks. If no team told, they won't know till eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    What is the FIA doing then? Literally every time they need to be told that so and so team is running "tricks". It's their job to ensure that no one is running any tricks. If no team told, they won't know till eternity.
    True but FIA had no idea what Ferrari may or may not have done, now they have this deal and Ferrari can use it to help themselves some what. Ferrari had things taken maybe the others will and there will be a form of status quo on the engine front. May lead to a somewhat interesting 2021. Engines pulled in line and DAS removed. Engines are clearly so complex all manner of dodgy things can, have and are still going on.

The technical directive 036-20 deals mainly with the auxiliary circuits of the energy recovery system.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EfsOQkjX...pg&name=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EfsOQkmW...pg&name=medium

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/...tersuchung-f1/
    It's not how start but how you finish.

True but FIA had no idea what Ferrari may or may not have done, now they have this deal and Ferrari can use it to help themselves some what. Ferrari had things taken maybe the others will and there will be a form of status quo on the engine front. May lead to a somewhat interesting 2021. Engines pulled in line and DAS removed. Engines are clearly so complex all manner of dodgy things can, have and are still going on.
    Good points. Things could get very interesting.

Ferrari working with the fia .This could be the secret settlement.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Rumour around the paddock is “Merc & Honda are deploying more energy” couple of teams will be submitting the settings of their PU. Two teams tried to manipulate electrical measurements.
    Seems like one of the easiest things to hide. Mercedes would be smart enough to not record the data of how many KJ's their system uses on a quali lap.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Thanks

Trickery on the ERS system might be the reason Merc dropped their appeal on Ferrari so suddenly. If they forced FIA to disclose Ferrari trick then FIA would have no choice but to make all tricks exposed.

We can count on the FIA stepping in and muddling the situation further?

Fi engines have more tricks than the great Moscow circus the faster the big top is taken down in f1 the better the sport will become.No tricks no bull ****.

Interesting. It is well known Merc deploys the best electrical power. Horner questioned the fastest lap of Bottas in the Spanish GP, although I wouldn't be surprised if Honda could also be involved in this.

I sure hope it is karma for Merc and RBR, working with the FIA over our '19 engine
    Last edited by S1000RR; 19th August 2020 at 09:08.

Quote Originally Posted by S1000RR View Post
    Interesting. It is well known Merc deploys the best electrical power. Horner questioned the fastest lap of Bottas in the Spanish GP, although I wouldn't be surprised if Honda could also be involved in this.

I sure hope it is karma for Merc and Honda, working with the FIA over our '19 engine
    Source please

Wednesday 19 August at 10:35 : Aug.19 (GMM) Formula 1 is looking into the legality of the engine manufacturers' 2020-spec energy recovery systems, according to Auto Motor und Sport.

The development follows the shock news in Barcelona last week that 'party mode' engine settings will be banned from Spa-Francorchamps, even though the precise wording of the technical directive is not yet known.

"What is certain is that all four engine manufacturers will have to upload detailed information about their ERS systems to the FIA server by August 21," said correspondent Michael Schmidt.

It is widely believed that Mercedes will lose the most because of the 'party mode' ban, but another manufacturer with strong engine usage settings in 2020 is Renault.

"There are several things connected with this ban," Renault boss Cyril Abiteboul admitted to Canal Plus.

"The FIA has more and more difficulties in this game of cat and mouse between the Federation and the teams. Anyone who enforces the rules must have enough data to be sure that everything is in compliance with the regulations," he added.

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    Source please
    About the Horner statement? Tried to look it up but can't find it. It was Horner questioning Wolff publicly on track right after the GP

Mercedes 100 % do the exact thing we did last year and have gotten away with it because of corruption. They were worried Ferrari would start winning again with a great engine and had to slap it down. Hopefully now Toto has bitten off more than he could chew and this could render the trash being caught with their pants down, then selling the team.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    There is nothing secret about this, this is common knowledge about this deal,that Ferrari would work WITH FIA in order to help them in such cases.
    HOWEVER,when Binotto hinted that Mercedes has somehow gained a really big advantage during the break,Toto went ballistic. Gee,I wonder why. Hmm...
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Wednesday 19 August at 10:35 : Aug.19 (GMM) Formula 1 is looking into the legality of the engine manufacturers' 2020-spec energy recovery systems, according to Auto Motor und Sport.

The development follows the shock news in Barcelona last week that 'party mode' engine settings will be banned from Spa-Francorchamps, even though the precise wording of the technical directive is not yet known.

"What is certain is that all four engine manufacturers will have to upload detailed information about their ERS systems to the FIA server by August 21," said correspondent Michael Schmidt.

It is widely believed that Mercedes will lose the most because of the 'party mode' ban, but another manufacturer with strong engine usage settings in 2020 is Renault.

"There are several things connected with this ban," Renault boss Cyril Abiteboul admitted to Canal Plus.

"The FIA has more and more difficulties in this game of cat and mouse between the Federation and the teams. Anyone who enforces the rules must have enough data to be sure that everything is in compliance with the regulations," he added.
    That is one thing (the party mode) but the examining of the engine, quite another.
    It may be that well, I don't know, someone is..cheating:D
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Looks like all teams have signed teh concorde agreement. I hope the FIA doesn't fold and move the party mode ban to next year. Be nice to see it banned in Spa.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    That could be a possibility.

And if the FIA found something irregular with the Mercedes engine, would they expose it, considering how it would discredit the past few seasons and the sport?

About the Horner statement? Tried to look it up but can't find it. It was Horner questioning Wolff publicly on track right after the GP
    Yeahh I remeber after the race they were talking and he asked about bottas

Quote Originally Posted by Declan View Post
    Yeahh I remeber after the race they were talking and he asked about bottas

Yes, Wolff rubbed the victory in Horners face and Horner asked how it's possible that Bottas shaved 1sec. in 1 sector (as seen by RBR on their data) without DRS in his fastest lap. Wolff backed off instantly.

Yes, Wolff rubbed the victory in Horners face and Horner asked how it's possible that Bottas shaved 1sec. in 1 sector (as seen by RBR on their data) without DRS in his fastest lap. Wolff backed off instantly.
    I smell something fishy with that Merc....let’s hope the FIA will do something about it

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    That could be a possibility.

And if the FIA found something irregular with the Mercedes engine, would they expose it, considering how it would discredit the past few seasons and the sport?
    They will not expose it, like with Ferrari but they have a brilliant alibi, they will say the banning of quali modes has dropped Merc performance after they make them remove it.