Results 1 to 28 of 28

Thread: Ferrari signs the 2021-2025 Concorde Agreement

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    27

    Ferrari signs the 2021-2025 Concorde Agreement

    Ferrari N.V. announces that Ferrari S.p.A. has signed today the two agreements that will govern the Scuderia’s participation in the FIA Formula One World Championship over the five year period from 2021 to 2025.

    http://scuderiafans.com/ferrari-sign...rde-agreement/

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    9,377
    McLaren too signed the new agreement today..!!

    “This is the right deal at the right time for the sport, its owners, its teams and, most of all, the fans.”

    McLaren become first F1 team to confirm signing of new Concorde Agreement to 2025.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    29,262
    Forza Ferrari

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,796
    Forza Ferrari! Here’s looking to a brighter future with many more championships!
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    9,377
    Hopefully it’s a Charles Leclerc-Ferrari era....

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch,UK
    Posts
    4,053
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Hopefully it’s a Charles Leclerc-Ferrari era....
    We can but dream! At least we know Ferrari will always be No1 in the interest of the sport and we should be grateful for that.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    7,543
    Williams is the 3rd team to sign. Over 40years and counting.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    6,152


    Hopefully the Leclerc-Sainz driver lineup will bring some fresh air, and hopefully Binotto will pull his weight and become the TP that Ferrari needs and deserves.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    8,373
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post


    Hopefully the Leclerc-Sainz driver lineup will bring some fresh air, and hopefully Binotto will pull his weight and become the TP that Ferrari needs and deserves.
    Amen to that...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Belfast
    Posts
    72
    Time and time again, i find myself thinking if I am past F1, but it feels like we have folded our hand by signing the agreement.

    Another way of seeing the signing is that politically we are McLaren and Ferrari are showing their commitment in the long term, while trying to force Mercedes hand to sign or walk. Intern showing the FIA, supprting Mercedes does not mean, they will return the favour and they will use F1 as a dispensable marketing tool.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    England
    Posts
    103
    I had hoped Ferrari would hold out or even (sorry) left F1. Nothing is going to change in F1 until 2022 and even then there's no guarantee we'll be on the Mercedes level.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Manila, PH
    Posts
    2,007
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Williams is the 3rd team to sign. Over 40years and counting.
    Happy to see the storied teams have signed up. I trust they have seen at least some hope of their success as F1 moves forward.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,040
    Every F-1 race anywhere on the planet has 150,000 fans show up in the stands plus social gatherings watching the race. No one is going anywhere. Every team has it's fans watching the races regardless of where they stand. There's always hope. Even for Ferrari!!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    612
    Apparently the trash also signed. Puke.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    7,543
    All 10 teams have signed the agreement

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EfxQTsBX...jpg&name=large
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,796
    Any word on if Ferrari keeps its heritage bonus payment?
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    9,377
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Any word on if Ferrari keeps its heritage bonus payment?
    Yes it’s still applicable.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USA!
    Posts
    2,201
    Im going to go out on a limb here and assume that Ferrari used none of their gravitas as the most famous team in Motorsports to demand changes which would be more favorable to them?

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    6,152
    Demand what changes?

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    29,262
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Im going to go out on a limb here and assume that Ferrari used none of their gravitas as the most famous team in Motorsports to demand changes which would be more favorable to them?
    But then you would just say we got better because we used our weight to make things suit us would you not?
    Forza Ferrari

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,598
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Im going to go out on a limb here and assume that Ferrari used none of their gravitas as the most famous team in Motorsports to demand changes which would be more favorable to them?
    Well Merc weren't too happy about the deal but in the end were forced to concede and sign. Could be a sign that Ferrari didn't budge and stuck to their guns rather than let Merc dictate the agreement to their terms.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    ...
    Posts
    321
    Seems like Ferrari are happy with the agreement, Mercedes not so much.

    Wonder which aspects Mercedes were unhappy about?

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USA!
    Posts
    2,201
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    But then you would just say we got better because we used our weight to make things suit us would you not?
    Hell no, I would praise Ferrari for finally growing a pair and doing so! That would show strong leadership, something that Ferrari is lacking, something they used to have, something I want them to regain!

    Man up and say "we ain't signing that unless we reverse the engine development freeze for next year" Since they are still getting the extra money for being Ferrari, say no to the cost cap. Get SOMETHING out of this which benefits them. What do you think Liberty Media is going to do? You think they will want to have an F1 without Ferrari?

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USA!
    Posts
    2,201
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Well Merc weren't too happy about the deal but in the end were forced to concede and sign. Could be a sign that Ferrari didn't budge and stuck to their guns rather than let Merc dictate the agreement to their terms.
    Let's hope!

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Peterborough, UK
    Posts
    2,504
    Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    Seems like Ferrari are happy with the agreement, Mercedes not so much.

    Wonder which aspects Mercedes were unhappy about?
    I think it's what others on here have mentioned previously, the length of time they have had to agree to sign up for, nothing major I don't think.

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    29,262
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Hell no, I would praise Ferrari for finally growing a pair and doing so! That would show strong leadership, something that Ferrari is lacking, something they used to have, something I want them to regain!

    Man up and say "we ain't signing that unless we reverse the engine development freeze for next year" Since they are still getting the extra money for being Ferrari, say no to the cost cap. Get SOMETHING out of this which benefits them. What do you think Liberty Media is going to do? You think they will want to have an F1 without Ferrari?
    Funny that because you wanted to cry about party mode maybe bringing Ferrari closer to Merc.....strange how it would be ok to get the rules to favour us now then? Maybe you just are not too sure how to have a go at the team now without going against a previous bash of the team post you made...
    Forza Ferrari

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USA!
    Posts
    2,201
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Funny that because you wanted to cry about party mode maybe bringing Ferrari closer to Merc.....strange how it would be ok to get the rules to favour us now then? Maybe you just are not too sure how to have a go at the team now without going against a previous bash of the team post you made...
    LOL. Oh you make me laugh so much. Let's review the ways in which you are wrong, as usual.

    1. I said the FIA removing "party mode" would not help Ferrari. It doesn't make them faster, only makes other teams slower. That rule isn't favorable for Ferrari in any significant way because Ferrari's engine still sucks and Merc will still outqualify them. I did not cry about it, I said it's not making Ferrari faster, which is true.
    2. Saying Ferrari should use their weight to remove the engine freeze would allow Ferrari to develop their engine, thereby making them actually faster. Removing the cost cap could allow them to spend more hours developing the car, which could also make them faster. As far as we know, they failed to do this. Yet another failure of leadership.
    3. The first is not Ferrari's doing as far as anyone can tell so you can't compare it to the second.

    If you can't see the difference you may need to go back to kindergarten and play with shapes.

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    29,262
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    LOL. Oh you make me laugh so much. Let's review the ways in which you are wrong, as usual.

    1. I said the FIA removing "party mode" would not help Ferrari. It doesn't make them faster, only makes other teams slower. That rule isn't favorable for Ferrari in any significant way because Ferrari's engine still sucks and Merc will still outqualify them. I did not cry about it, I said it's not making Ferrari faster, which is true.
    2. Saying Ferrari should use their weight to remove the engine freeze would allow Ferrari to develop their engine, thereby making them actually faster. Removing the cost cap could allow them to spend more hours developing the car, which could also make them faster. As far as we know, they failed to do this. Yet another failure of leadership.
    3. The first is not Ferrari's doing as far as anyone can tell so you can't compare it to the second.

    If you can't see the difference you may need to go back to kindergarten and play with shapes.

    You obviously want to dig that hole a bit deeper.

    You don't want FIA to slow anyone down, but you do want Ferrari to get the rules changed to aid them to be faster....but as I said it's just another of your ways to have a go at the team regardless of what they do you will attack it, because you know nothing else.
    Forza Ferrari

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •