Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Belgian GP 2020 Practices and Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Oh my god... He messed it up with Vettel! Seb was awesome since 2015 until Germany 2018, that's a long time. He was destroying his teammate (so you can say that Kimi was an absolute garbage, but you surely will not). Then something broke in Vettel. He started to make mistakes, but I am 100% sure he didn't want to make them. He had a bad 2019 and what will Binnoto do? Before the season starts he won't even tell him anything about cutting costs, no discussion with him, nothing, just "Hi Seb, you're out, Bye." This is not how you deal with problems. But now we know, Binnoto doesn't know how to deal with problems.
    2015 Bahrain - Broken front wing after running off-track
    2015 Mexico - Spun on his own
    2016 China - Crashed with Kimi on lap 1
    2016 Britain- Multiple spins in rain
    2016 Belgium - Crashed with Kimi
    2016 Malaysia - Crashed with Rosberg
    2016 Mexico - Crashed with Ricciardo
    2016 Brazil - Spun during the rain
    2017 Canada - Crashed with Verstappen
    2017 Baku - Crashed into Hamilton on purpose and earned himself a penalty
    2017 Malaysia - Crashed with Stroll (after the race)
    2017 Singapore - Crashed with Kimi and Verstappen
    2017 Mexico - Crashed with Verstappen and Hamilton
    2018 Baku - Lost the race lead due to lock up
    2018 France - Crashed with Bottas
    2018 Germany - Crashed from the lead and DNF
    2018 Italy - Crashed with Hamilton
    2018 Japan - Crashed with Verstappen
    2018 USA - Crashed with Ricciardo
    2019 Bahrain - Spun while racing Hamilton
    2019 Canada - Forcing Hamilton into a wall
    2019 Britain - Drove into Verstappen
    2019 Italy - Spun on his own, then contact with Stroll
    2019 Brazil - Crashed with Leclerc
    2020 Austria - Spun when overtaking Sainz
    2020 Britain - Spun on his own, lap 1

(I've only included races and excluded practice and qualifying incidents. There are plenty more...)

But yeah...Vettel was so awesome since 2015 to 2018 until Germany.

Vettel was, is and always be a mistake prone driver. In 2010 Mclaren dubbed him as the "Crash kid". And after spending 14 years in F1, it's the same old story. But sure, Vettel being extremely crash-prone in his entire career is somehow Binotto and Ferrari's fault...

"Religion-Ferrari?"...nah more like "Religion-Ferrari bashing"

Before we judge Binotto too harshly:
    If we were allowed to continue with our engine from last year with its tricks ,like all the other teams would we be at the front?
    If we were prohibited from doing some tricks and now the other teams are being stopped I guess then we weren't cheating.
    Is what we and everyone else doing with engines worse than Mercedes/Racing Point debacle?
    The rules are clearly not the same for everyone

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    And under new management/leadership.
    It is not that Ferrari didn't change management couple of times lately?!

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    You drunk or Emanuele Pirro in disguise?

Are you confident that this is not the 2019 engine without the loophole?
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

(I've only included races and excluded practice and qualifying incidents. There are plenty more...)

Singapore he’s in the lead he can take any line...!! It’s just Kimi got better start over max.
    Really 2017 Canada ... lol....
    2016 crashing into Kimi where was max going in

Vettel was, is and always be a mistake prone driver. In 2010 Mclaren dubbed him as the "Crash kid". And after spending 14 years in F1, it's the same old story. But sure, Vettel being extremely crash-prone in his entire career is somehow Binotto and Ferrari's fault...

So many mistakes, yeah it’s right to remove him..!!
    Then what about binotto, under his leadership we failed in 2019/2020.. I don’t see chance in 2021 as well.
    So as similar to vettel, should management handle the same way with binotto?

Look, when vettel was hired. SM told want to build a team with vettel & Kimi.
    A year after they left Kimi & hired Leclerc. After Another year they removed vettel & are Saying want to build a team under Leclerc. Fine good.
    Then after 3-4yrs??

My point is simple, vettel made mistakes few wanted him out it’s done . Binotto made mistakes too, what’s the action?
    Please don’t tell me, that binotto is not responsible for design etc.... he was given a role to foresee all the depts. when you failed to do so, there should be some consequences.

One important point you missed is, yes Vettel was termed as crash kid in 2010. But what was so called super star driver Max was doing early in his career? Did we see max driving out of his RB car?

Mistakes are bound to happen, but too many repetitive mistakes are not good.
    Leclerc too made mistakes, but it was his rookie year & still early days for him. Ofcourse he will learn from it.
    Last edited by nani_s23; 30th August 2020 at 10:51.

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    Are you confident that this is not the 2019 engine without the loophole?
    Yes. That would be the engine in the final three races, where Vettel almost got pole in Austin.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Then what about binotto, under his leadership we failed in 2019/2020.. I don’t see chance in 2021 as well.

A year after they left Kimi & hired Leclerc. After Another year they removed vettel & are Saying want to build a team under Leclerc. Fine good.
    Then after 3-4yrs??

My point is simple, vettel made mistakes few wanted him out it’s done . Binotto made mistakes too, what’s the action?
    Please don’t tell me, that binotto is not responsible for design etc.... he was given a role to foresee all the depts. when you failed to do so, there should be some consequences.

One important point you missed is, yes Vettel was termed as crash kid in 2010. But what was so called super star driver Max was doing early in his career? Did we see max driving out of his RB car?

Leclerc too made mistakes, but it was his rookie year & still early days for him. Ofcourse he will learn from it.
    Yeah... well you worry about "consequences".

To me, Binotto has been with Ferrari since 1996 and as a TD, he was successful. Sure, his leadership as a TP is not really impressive, but sill, I would rather have him at Ferrari than Mercedes or Red Bull. And we will see what 2021-2022 beings. If Binotto still fails as the TP, then sure, he has to go, either go back to his previous role or find another job at a different team.

And it's silly to compare Vettel crashing or spinning with Binotto's so called "mistakes" as TP.

I know you like to defend Vettel here, and pull out all sorts of hyperboles while doing it, like bringing up another driver. TBH, I don't really care. It's about Ferrari-vettel, not Red Bull-Max or any other team-driver combinations.

Man you should talk to someone about this obsession you have with vettel, it’s not good for you. You can’t blame vettel for all the incidents you have on there because it just wasn’t his fault as simple as that. Also every driver makes mistakes specially if they’re fighting the most dominant team in the history of the sport, leclerc arguably made the same or more mistakes than vettel in 2019 and I don’t see you pointing it out. Maybe you’ll be this obsessed about leclerc as well in a few years if things don’t go well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    You drunk or Emanuele Pirro in disguise?
    Yeah well....the more I drink the funnier you get.

Quote Originally Posted by T99 View Post
    Man you should talk to someone about this obsession you have with vettel, it’s not good for you. You can’t blame vettel for all the incidents you have on there because it just wasn’t his fault as simple as that. Also every driver makes mistakes specially if they’re fighting the most dominant team in the history of the sport, leclerc arguably made the same or more mistakes than vettel in 2019 and I don’t see you pointing it out. Maybe you’ll be this obsessed about leclerc as well in a few years if things don’t go well.
    AKA "I have to defend my Idol at all cost"

Man, facts are there. Don't read it if you don't like it. And you don't have to worry about me...just worry about your idol. He may end up without a seat for next year...sad isn't it...getting shunted by teams while being a 4xWDC

Domenicalli, Materazzi, Arrivabene, Binotto....
    The same mistake Ferrari (or rather FIAT) makes over the last 12 years - putting an Italian to run Italians. Ferrari is a close "family" and team boss cannot impose drastic rules and measures. Further to this brilliant and proven non-Italian engineers have been fired or made to leave the team over the years. And they were more than welcome in competitor teams.
    In its best period of total supremacy Ferrari was managed by a Frenchman and an Englishman, remember?

Yeah... well you worry about "consequences".

To me, Binotto has been with Ferrari since 1996 and as a TD, he was successful. Sure, his leadership as a TP is not really impressive, but sill, I would rather have him at Ferrari than Mercedes or Red Bull. And we will see what 2021-2022 beings. If Binotto still fails as the TP, then sure, he has to go, either go back to his previous role or find another job at a different team.

And it's silly to compare Vettel crashing or spinning with Binotto's so called "mistakes" as TP.

I know you like to defend Vettel here, and pull out all sorts of hyperboles while doing it, like bringing up another driver. TBH, I don't really care. It's about Ferrari-vettel, not Red Bull-Max or any other team-driver combinations.
    You did refer vettel at 2010 Who was not associated with Ferrari yet, so I took max & Lec into context as well. Because in early days everyone will make mistakes.

Yes I’d like to defend the facts, not just post anti element on one particular driver.
    So you would say not compare Binotto’s role as TP which was failure vs vettel as a driver failure..!! both are job specific to deliver some targets, if it’s not met when one driver was shown a way & the same goes with other role as well.
    I clearly mentioned, binotto is good at TD not as a TP. So he needs to step down make way for other capable leaders rather than leading the team into wrong direction.

Yes you don’t want to see him in merc or RB garage, but how come ferrari removed MA when he was leading the team into right direction? Isn’t that I’ll treatment?

AKA "I have to defend my Idol at all cost"

Man, facts are there. Don't read it if you don't like it. And you don't have to worry about me...just worry about your idol. He may end up without a seat for next year...sad isn't it...getting shunted by teams while being a 4xWDC
    I don’t know why you talk like this at a times. This just shows how you hate him more overshadowing the real facts which you post.
    Be cool, after all he’s leaving the team. Whether he gets a seat or not it’s irrespective. Because you don’t like him. Wts the point.

You don’t know what future brings, who will be in that situation again?? No one can predict.

You did refer vettel at 2010 Who was not associated with Ferrari yet, so I took max & Lec into context as well. Because in early days everyone will make mistakes.

Yes I’d like to defend the facts, not just post anti element on one particular driver.
    So you would say not compare Binotto’s role as TP which was failure vs vettel as a driver failure..!! both are job specific to deliver some targets, if it’s not met when one driver was shown a way & the same goes with other role as well.
    I clearly mentioned, binotto is good at TD not as a TP. So he needs to step down make way for other capable leaders rather than leading the team into wrong direction.

Yes you don’t want to see him in merc or RB garage, but how come ferrari removed MA when he was leading the team into right direction? Isn’t that I’ll treatment?
    But it's not early days for Vettel any more. And comparing Vettel's 14 years of error and crash ridden career with Max or Charles...well it's funny.

I mean, you'd like to defend the facts right. Then why not compare recent results? Like Max of 2019-current year vs Vettel of 2019-current year. Is Vettel still making more mistakes than Max or not? let's see your facts.

And again, MA was nothing but a puppet of SM. SM decided who'd driver for Ferrari, SM dealt with the FIA and Liberty media, SM promoted or demoted people inside the factory. I don't remember MA to be involved with any of the important decisions.

But it's not early days for Vettel any more. And comparing Vettel's 14 years of error and crash ridden career with Max or Charles...well it's funny.

I mean, you'd like to defend the facts right. Then why not compare recent results? Like Max of 2019-current year vs Vettel of 2019-current year. Is Vettel still making more mistakes than Max or not? let's see your facts.

And again, MA was nothing but a puppet of SM. SM decided who'd driver for Ferrari, SM dealt with the FIA and Liberty media, SM promoted or demoted people inside the factory. I don't remember MA to be involved with any of the important decisions.
    Yes that what I said look at max few years ago, now where he is..!! Also vettel will be nowhere when compared to max, that’s for sure. I’m not comparing current mistakes of vettel vs max.
    I mean to say vettel’s mistakes are acceptable to some extent but not to the extreme level. So team decided not to renew, well & good. But the way it was handled by binotto is not good.

On the similar note, even binotto is a failure as a TP. He should accept & step down as a TP better he can concentrate on his TD role. If he wishes to go outside no problem, ferrari isn’t gonna loose much at this point. Because it can’t go any lower than this.

I don’t know why you talk like this at a times. This just shows how you hate him more overshadowing the real facts which you post.
    Be cool, after all he’s leaving the team. Whether he gets a seat or not it’s irrespective. Because you don’t like him. Wts the point.

You don’t know what future brings, who will be in that situation again?? No one can predict.
    Yeah...well I don't have any personal ill feelings toward Vettel, so hate is a strong word. But I don't love him like you do, that's for sure.

I get it...you love him, so that's why you are always here defending him or pulling blind eyes when he makes mistakes. But as a team fan, I can't. Just like any MAN UTD or Barca fan, who would be upset with a non-scoring but hugely expensive player, I will always be unhappy with a expensive crash-prone driver.

And funny, you are saying no can predict the future. But here you are, already made up your mind about Binotto failing next year.

Then after 3-4yrs??

Well said

Yeah...well I don't have any personal ill feelings toward Vettel, so hate is a strong word. But I don't love him like you do, that's for sure.

I get it...you love him, so that's why you are always here defending him or pulling blind eyes when he makes mistakes. But as a team fan, I can't. Just like any MAN UTD or Barca fan, who would be upset with a non-scoring but hugely expensive player, I will always be unhappy with a expensive crash-prone driver.

And funny, you are saying no can predict the future. But here you are, already made up your mind about Binotto failing next year.
    I love Leclerc too, I defended here when he made mistakes in Baku/Monaco/Austria etc..because he’s a ferrari driver.
    For me ferrari is important, I want it to be always on top if not 1st at least 2nd. But always be competitive.

So I defend both the drivers, irrespective of mistakes or not.
    About future, I mentioned it only till 2021 which we already how it’s gonna be due to the current regs..!! We already have over 2sec to catch up with Mercs, so do u think we will cover it for next season? I’m not sure.

For 2022 it’s anybody’s chance, this is what I said.
    Last edited by nani_s23; 30th August 2020 at 11:55.

Brace yourself for one of the tough race for Ferrari..

https://twitter.com/vetteleclerc/sta...359204352?s=21

Our drivers aren’t confident on car when it is wet track. They went with low DF set-up.

Brace yourself for one of the tough race for Ferrari..

https://twitter.com/vetteleclerc/sta...359204352?s=21

Our drivers aren’t confident on car when it is wet track. They went with low DF set-up.
    The radar pattern looks dry enough to me. Really can't see it go east of Liège let alone reach Spa before the end of the race.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    The radar pattern looks dry enough to me. Really can't see it go east of Liège let alone reach Spa before the end of the race.
    Even if we can pray for mixed conditions, ferrari will loose everything on those straights. It’s very hard to see a chance for ferrari into the points in this weekend.

Even if we can pray for mixed conditions, ferrari will loose everything on those straights. It’s very hard to see a chance for ferrari into the points in this weekend.
    You're aware that we lost less or just one second in a straight line yesterday versus party mode? Today those above us will have to run race mode and that closes it all up a ton. Combine that with a one-stopper being generally difficult to accomplish at Spa and we can run long on the mediums before attacking on softs later on. I'd say P6-P7 is entirely manageable. If there's attrition ahead, maybe a spot more.

Williams are surely having a pipe dream when claiming they can fight us on race pace, without qualifying mode they should have little chance. In fact, due to the low DF on our cars we'll be one of the faster cars in a straight line and thus can overtake cars later in the race after we come in later than them.
    Last edited by Tifoso Svedese; 30th August 2020 at 12:35.