Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Belgian GP 2020 Practices and Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by Alonsomaniac View Post
    No, we can't blame the drivers. It is just the car and the engine in it. Ferrari has built not so good cars in the past too, but it was always camouflaged by an engine that was a beast. But this time both are weak.....and that hurts a lot.
    But that's not entirely accurate. Sure, last years engine was a beast, and it did hide the aero problems.

But the 2017 and 2018 cars were very good, chassis wise. Especially the 2017 car, which dominated every high downforce track and had better race pace than Mercedes at most tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    But that's not entirely accurate. Sure, last years engine was a beast, and it did hide the aero problems.

But the 2017 and 2018 cars were very good, chassis wise. Especially the 2017 car, which dominated every high downforce track and had better race pace than Mercedes at most tracks.
    And we still couldn't win the championship.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Will our 2021 engine be better than this year's one? Are we allowed to develop it?
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Welp... that was sad to watch.

Love the Surprise Mattia! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    Will our 2021 engine be better than this year's one? Are we allowed to develop it?
    Nope. Signed that away when they stupidly agreed to the engine freeze.

I'm lost for words. Feel really angry and sad right now.

I feel sorry for myself....I am a Ferrarifan and living in.....the Netherlands. Can you imagine how hard that can be? Poor me........
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Quote Originally Posted by patrese86 View Post
    I'm lost for words. Feel really angry and sad right now.
    Why would you? Is it your mistake? No! They are payed great amount of money and year after year they are not doing their job and keep up producing failures!

Yikes. What a mule of a car.

The only explanation for this is that the Ferrari engine has been using the fundamental trick for a few years and they hadn't actually bothered/understood a legitimate way of generating engine hp. Thus when the FIA clamped down not only did we lose the gains we made in 2019 but also all the HP gains we made all the way back to 2017 when we started to catch up with mercedes on HP.

We did a 1:42:7 in qualifying in 2017. Now admittedly tyre compounds and temperatures will differ but its clear something is well off with this car.

But all Ferrari powered engines are down...Haas and Alfa Romeo were never reported for having an extra boost down the straights, only us. It's impossible to stop doing whatever we did and lose this amount of time. When the FIA started checking differently since Austin we lost pace but not this much, it doesn't add up. It's like we've put a 6 year old engine in the car.

That's it!!! I'm OUT !!! YOU EMBARRASSED ME
    Attachment 7731
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post

I know it's only FP but this is indicative of the sorry mess our team is currently in , even if they were concentrating on race pace it's still a pathetic showing. If it's a wet race, it won't hide our lack of power and the chances of staying on track are debatable. Maybe GIO will be on for a podium as the Alfa is currently faster than us. How can that be? Quali should be a sight for sore eyes, sadly ours.

what would be really funny is if Ferrari somehow win the race on Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    And we still couldn't win the championship.
    Well...spinning or crashing 5-7 times make it impossible to win anything.

Again...I don't see why people are shocked. What? have you guys not being following this season at all? Our engine is very weak, Ferrari couldn't work on it due to the factory shut down. And because of the token system, they can't upgrade the engine in-season like previous years.

In absolute power tracks like SPA and Monza, we are gonna struggle hard. That's just the way it is.

Seems only hope is a 1998 type downpour for Spa.

Now is a good time to watch Spa 2017. 3 years later, the same engine is back with a bang. That time, 2 steps softer and brand new tyres were also not enough to overtake a Mercedes on straight.

https://youtu.be/rhmGaCjpoBY?t=269

The only difference to this year is that chassis is as strong (or weak) as engine.

Ferrari are about 100/1 to win the race, insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    what would be really funny is if Ferrari somehow win the race on Sunday
    I mean they won in Indy in 2005, right?

It really doesn't make any sense that we'd be half a second or more behind Alfa, it really doesn't. Charles was literally 1.8 seconds faster than them over on qualifying lap at Silverstone, on both occasions.

In Austria Charles was 1.2 seconds faster over one lap than the fastest Alfa in the dry qualifying. So, all in all, I'm very skeptical, I think Alfa ran qualifying simulations whereas Ferrari were working on the general set-up. P11 for Charles tomorrow would be a great result since that means free tyre choice for the race and hopefully a long stint on the mediums, combined with a mid-race SC. Then I see no reason why he can't pull a Houdini and end in the top six. It's not like the other midfield cars are mega without their qualifying modes.

I think both cars will go through to Q2 in the end. One AT, one Alfa, two Haas and both Williams cars probably behind. If Charles then makes the sixth row it's game on for some good points.

Pain pain and more pain.This week ferrari will be the laughing stock sadly its no longer the prancing horse but the prancing donkey.Even in Italy they are mokking the ferrari wait until you start seeing the cartoons by Charlie ebdo.Binnotto will leave at seasons end thats my prediction.His position is no longer tenable in any capacity other than the tea and coffee person at ferrari.He will more than likely screw that up also.

Then again we have been the class clown for the 2020 season.Record books will be written and ferrari will not figure in the glory pages.Will be at the back end in the loosers section.Totto wolf is laughing his head off and taking the mickey right out of ferrari and binotto.Good luck to him ferrari deserve all they are getting in spades.Regardless of this hybrid era and how long mercedes have been developing it just shows that ferrari have done nothing over the past 7 years except bluff and manipulate rules.They are paying the price and this will punish the brand globally.

Charles said they really tried a lot today, but nothing worked. The speed is just not there he said, it just doesn't feel right. He said not to expect any miracles happening this weekend and that it is sad to see where Ferrari is. He hopes it will stay dry, because rain would only make things worse............

This is bad.....
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    Seems only hope is a 1998 type downpour for Spa.
    Who'd have thought emulating Jordan is the best we could dream of?

It's a real shame what Ferrari F1 team turned into this year.. this legendary team can't be the 8th quickest team in any circumestances. This is wrong.. managers need to take responsibility and resign immediately!!

Quote Originally Posted by midnight80 View Post
    It's a real shame what Ferrari F1 team turned into this year.. this legendary team can't be the 8th quickest team in any circumestances. This is wrong.. managers need to take responsibility and resign immediately!!
    They are still trying to understand the car !!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Go for race setup, maybe some wet weather tinkering, only rain can give points if current performance is replicated tomorrow. Even with the balance issues in a wet race, it can't get any worse than P15 and P17 except crashing in the wall. Surely out qualifying both Alfas, Haas' and Williams' shouldn't be tough. That gives a worse possible qualifying position of P14. Even before qualifying started, both Ferraris are assured of making it to Q2 and then finish qualifying in P13 and P14.

On wet sunday, many drivers in front won't be able to keep their cars on track, this will bring both Ferraris in top 10. And that's a happy ending, both Ferraris finish in top 10.

Watching F1 since 2002. It is always hard to be a fan of ferrari since 2007 but this year is an another level of disappointment. And the silence ?? No proper reaction from Team. May be it is part of the agreement with FIA.

So explain something to me... they've added more races, this means they cannot use the same engine the entire season... surely they are working on a spec 2 engine now?
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...