Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Belgian GP 2020 Practices and Qualifying

Charles in Q2 for now, if he can only wring out a P13 there are some good points to be taken in the race by running long on the softs, which I doubt the others can.

I can’t believe just how terrible this car and engine is. Not only in comparison to last year but the loss in pace relative to the others is just staggering.

How anyone can continue to claim that the leadership deserves to keep their jobs is beyond me. They failed the team, they failed the drivers, they failed the fans. If you fail so miserably at your job, do you think you will continue to be employed?

Whew....both drivers into Q2
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Charles running first in the group was very risky, anyway good job both to Q2, even though Charles gave away 0.3 seconds or so by running ahead of Grosjean for no reason.

Hopefully we can get one car in the sixth row.

Pfffffffffff...........how lucky can you be Charles.........
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Just scraped in. Can't believe this is Ferrari. What on earth has gone so wrong.

The Alfa is 0.08s off the pace of the works Ferrari. Think about that.

Q2 will be the end for us. No way they can get a car in the top 10

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    The Alfa is 0.08s off the pace of the works Ferrari. Think about that.
    The car is draggy, a completely different story on a normal circuit. The track length is an issue too with regards to the qualifying modes and the batteries et cetera. On Monza I expect us to be better in qualifying than this because of race modes and the car being alright under braking. At Mugello we're likely to reach Q3 with race modes in qualifying.

Tomorrow is going to be so painful, we'll be lapped by the Mercedes in 20 laps. Just cannot believe this.

Sky is hysterical. Anthony Davidson standing by himself in front of that screen with a diaper on his face. SMDH. Come on guys.

That was one special thing binnoccio , Thank you !! sack him

Quote Originally Posted by Redfive View Post
    Tomorrow is going to be so painful, we'll be lapped by the Mercedes in 20 laps. Just cannot believe this.
    Tomorrow ? :D how about today ?

Vettel getting the better of Leclerc thus far, is he turning the corner?
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

The constant vitriol about sacking teams etc. Achieves nothing (people said the same about Arrivabene and now want him back). We are running an engine that's clearly been hampered to hell by the technical directive and that's having a knock on effect on the car as we are having to trim so much downforce that we are losing seconds in S2. We knew this pain would come on power tracks. Until the other engine manufacturers are neutered we will be sitting out Q3 on power tracks. I guess it was naive to so obviously bend the system last year that the other teams all protested our engine power. Live and learn.

Embarrassing performance.

That engine must be an 2016 old spec engine. The FIA must of punished Ferrari for what happened last year.

Even Williams is faster than us. Ridiculous

Even Marco Mattiacci would have us in better shape, why? Because he would not have invested everything in engine cheating!
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

What a lap Leclerc!

On race pace he'll be dangerous for the points runners tomorrow, especially given he's got low enough DF to pass other cars.

"There's not much more I could do".............sad ......

Quote Originally Posted by Lesky View Post
    Even Marco Mattiacci would have us in better shape, why? Because he would not have invested everything in engine cheating!
    Should've invested it in bribing the FIA like a certain other team.

Quote Originally Posted by ss-89 View Post
    The constant vitriol about sacking teams etc. Achieves nothing (people said the same about Arrivabene and now want him back). We are running an engine that's clearly been hampered to hell by the technical directive and that's having a knock on effect on the car as we are having to trim so much downforce that we are losing seconds in S2. We knew this pain would come on power tracks. Until the other engine manufacturers are neutered we will be sitting out Q3 on power tracks. I guess it was naive to so obviously bend the system last year that the other teams all protested our engine power. Live and learn.
    Pathetic, Good luck with this mentality

This is surely the worst possible track for Ferrari this year. S1 and s3 straightline speed s2 downforce. Ferrari do not have range to cover all sectors, low down force for s1 and s3 probably gives best lap time for them but die in s2. Others still well ahead in s1 and s3 and destroy them in s2. At least at Monza there is not contrast its low downforce all the way. No team has changed anything major and yet this is the worse performance of a dismal year, track character has really exposed this car.

Now I understand why biggest car co Toyota left. F1. FIA should punish ferrarin ban 4 three years.

Charles’ message to the team said everything. He is jumping out of his skin but Ferrari has failed him.

Quote Originally Posted by ss-89 View Post
    What if the other engines don’t need neutering? What if they are genuinely better than the Ferrari engine? It’s pathetic to need other teams to be hamstrung as the only way for Ferrari to look better. How about they actually do better at designing engines and cars?

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Pathetic, Good luck with this mentality
    Excuse me? So what I should wallow and whinge and moan like most on this forum. We are where we are, no amount of crying here is going to change that. I've supported Ferrari through droughts before, yes it sucks but honestly I wonder how some of you get out of bed in the morning the way you lot go on.

How anyone can continue to claim that the leadership deserves to keep their jobs is beyond me. They failed the team, they failed the drivers, they failed the fans. If you fail so miserably at your job, do you think you will continue to be employed?

Charles’ message to the team said everything. He is jumping out of his skin but Ferrari has failed him.

What if the other engines don’t need neutering? What if they are genuinely better than the Ferrari engine? It’s pathetic to need other teams to be hamstrung as the only way for Ferrari to look better. How about they actually do better at designing engines and cars?
    It's a fair point and more my view that I can't imagine we are the only team in the paddock bending the rules on engines. I guess we will see when engine modes are banned in Monza plus the ERS investigations and the outcomes of that (though I suspect that wont be until next season).

The FIA went so far as CASTRATING our engine which we built thank you very much, not just neutered them. All to ensure plain sailing for the scummy team in whatever their latest colour is.

I can’t believe just how terrible this car and engine is. Not only in comparison to last year but the loss in pace relative to the others is just staggering.

You've not seen the English Government recently then? Beyond incompetent, utterly corrupt, never admit blame and alway get pay bonuses. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Redfive View Post
    You've not seen the English Government recently then? Beyond incompetent, utterly corrupt, never admit blame and alway get pay bonuses. lol
    I think all governments have failed this year to one way or the other and needlessly crashed the economy for a flu + 10 % and made their populations prisoners under authoritarian dictates. Garbage human beings the lot of them. Then they all had the nerve to scream from the rooftops about us here in Sweden when we acted rationally. I have zero desire to leave this country even on holiday for the foreseeable (several years) future after this.