Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Belgian GP 2020 Practices and Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    The FIA went so far as CASTRATING our engine which we built thank you very much, not just neutered them. All to ensure plain sailing for the scummy team in whatever their latest colour is.
    And Ferrari went along with it. Not only that but they then agreed to freeze engine development. As I have said countless times, it’s a complete failure of leadership.

Let’s say Ferrari was cheating. As much as I agree that the FIA is doing everything to benefit Merc, are the Honda and Renault engines also cheating or are they genuinely better than the Ferrari? Wouldn’t the FIA limit them as well to help Merc?

If the only way Ferrari can build a better engine is to cheat, that is also a failure of leadership.

Ferrari is the only car that seems to have gone backwards at Spa from 19 to 20. This tells me that it’s not only engine since the customer team’s are faster than last year. Stop pretending like the only reason this car sucks is because the FIA limited Ferrari’s power.

I think all governments have failed this year to one way or the other and needlessly crashed the economy for a flu + 10 % and made their populations prisoners under authoritarian dictates. Garbage human beings the lot of them. Then they all had the nerve to scream from the rooftops about us here in Sweden when we acted rationally. I have zero desire to leave this country even on holiday for the foreseeable (several years) future after this.
    You guys did it right. Didn’t shut down and didn’t buy into the narrative. Bravo.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    And Ferrari went along with it. Not only that but they then agreed to freeze engine development. As I have said countless times, it’s a complete failure of leadership.

Let’s say Ferrari was cheating. As much as I agree that the FIA is doing everything to benefit Merc, are the Honda and Renault engines also cheating or are they genuinely better than the Ferrari? Wouldn’t the FIA limit them as well to help Merc?

If the only way Ferrari can build a better engine is to cheat, that is also a failure of leadership.

Ferrari is the only car that seems to have gone backwards at Spa from 19 to 20. This tells me that it’s not only engine since the customer team’s are faster than last year. Stop pretending like the only reason this car sucks is because the FIA limited Ferrari’s power.
    Red Bull and Renault aren't genuine threats to Mercedes so long as they don't clone worse-than-Checo aka Bottas and put him in the #44 so they don't need to castrate them. Better believe if Max would start racking up poles that their engine would get banned immediately. Then again, back in the early 10's the FIA ruthlessly protected Red Bull at all costs before Toto came in with the $$$, so it mostly seems to be anti-Ferrari more than anything else.
    Last edited by Tifoso Svedese; 29th August 2020 at 14:07.

Should be an interesting 1st lap tomorrow. Sublime lap from Hamilton, the Mercedes onboard shows just how much grip their car has.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter De La Mar View Post
    Should be an interesting 1st lap tomorrow. Sublime lap from Hamilton, the Mercedes onboard shows just how much grip their car has.
    Can't have it both ways mate. They're able to run Monaco downforce at Spa because of their illegal engine.

Exceeded my expectations. I was expecting P16-P20, but P13-P14 wasn't bad, considering our joke of a PU.

Q3 (best sectors, top 10 and Ferrari)

Hamilton: 30.337--42.466--28.365 (1:41.252)

Bottas: 30.427--42.692--28.301 (1:41.763)

Verstappen: 30.419--43.042--28.286 (1:41.778)

Ricciardo: 30.252--43.594--28.152 (1:42.061)

Albon: 30.313--43.243--28.333 (1:42.264)

Ocon: 30.162--43.808--28.257 (1:42.396)

Sainz: 30.182--43.718--28.339 (1:42.438)

Perez: 30.249--43.774--28.397 (1:42.532)

Stroll: 30.112--43.806--28.340 (1:42.603)

Norris: 30.309--43.489--28.462 (1:42.657)

Leclerc: 30.450--43.925--28.621 (1:42.996)

Vettel: 30.553--44.008--28.720 (1:43.261)

I may not even watch the race tomorrow. Last time I didn’t watch Kimi won in Texas.

I would say good job by vet & Lec getting that car to P13-P14.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    A massive shunt on lap 1 that takes out everyone but us, Williams and Haas is the only way we'll get on the podium!

Still, I'm sure I'll watch anyway - hoping for some 'fortunate' dramas..

#Fustercluck!
    Painful, embarrassing but I'm still a Ferrari fan. Can only get better - surely?
    Trying to be less angry..

We should just pull out of this season in protest of the FIA but the team has too many spineless cowards in leadership to do such a thing.
    In protest of what exactly?
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

The FIA went so far as CASTRATING our engine which we built thank you very much, not just neutered them. All to ensure plain sailing for the scummy team in whatever their latest colour is.
    Why are you conveniently ignoring the fact that Ferrari reached a settlement, ie agreed with the FIA?
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    Painful, embarrassing but I'm still a Ferrari fan. Can only get better - surely?
    Nah, it can also get worse. We can be Williams for a few years. Think about it, our hope now is the 2022 engine. Who's going to design it? The same fellas who designed this one. Who's going to design the 2022 challenger? The same fellas who produced this Q2 car. It can certainly get worse.
    Forza Ferrari

I’m still waiting for the "something special" they prepared for Spa and Monza...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vettel: This is the car we have for now & that's what we can do from here. This is my job & I like it, although it's not exciting to risk being eliminated in Q1. This morning it seemed that we could not make it in Q2... We will see what happens tomorrow.

Leclerc: P13: "I am quite happy with my lap. F*** there is not much more I can do”.

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiklub View Post
    I’m still waiting for the "something special" they prepared for Spa and Monza...

May be that’s for 2021... he might said it too early.

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    In protest of what exactly?
    The Mercedes/FIA collusion to ban our engine while allowing their identical one to remain. If we had kept ours and theirs had been banned instead, we'd been on pole today and I'm not even joking. With the 2019 engine in our car, Leclerc would've been on the front row today even if they have theirs. That's what having the governing body in an iron grip does for you.
    Last edited by Tifoso Svedese; 29th August 2020 at 16:34.

There is no way Ferrari would willingly sit back and accept all of this. This must have to do with the settlement; or I should say punishment. The FIA relegated Ferrari’s engine to an really old spec in-lieu of a cash settlement or loss of constructors points etc. It has to be this, how else’s could they fall so far in such a short time. Even after we stopped using our “trick” last year, we still placed 3-6 In quali. This pace is abysmal...
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Good old days... seems ages ago.

Well let's see what happens in Monza when all engines should have qualy mode off. If some engines fall off the cliff like ours, then we know the FIA f'ed up by only screwing us.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Well let's see what happens in Monza when all engines should have qualy mode off. If some engines fall off the cliff like ours, then we know the FIA f'ed up by only screwing us.
    I wouldn't be surprised seeing us being on the second row on a technical track later in the season. For example, at Silverstone, Renault and McLaren were nowhere in the race and we drove away from the pink copycats fair and square. Nominally they could run the engines at a higher moder than usual in the race because of the fewer laps at maximum stress but it's definitely a risk that few teams will be able to do.

In theory, Nürburgring and Algarve ought to be places where we could do a lot better than today.

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiklub View Post

Something special was both drivers getting eliminated in Q1. But Vettel and Leclerc decided to take matters into their own hands and scraped through.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Something special was both drivers getting eliminated in Q1. But Vettel and Leclerc decided to take matters into their own hands and scraped through.
    Maybe it’s getting lapped twice in the race?

Told you Q1 exit now that's not special.Pain pain and more pain shambolic the fia castrated ferrari. As Max said they will just turn up there engine for Quali and same old story .2 chains pole butter 2nd verstappen 3rd and I'm not even sicic. ITS THAT PREDICTABLE.ferrari should have pulled out of this season and blamed covit. Should not have settled anything weak as toilet water should have taken fia on and argued tooth and nail the validity of the engine.No nuts binotto just surrended with nothing more than a mild head lock being applied.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Well it's not really "qualy mode" ban perse, it's about banning various engine modes that teams are able to run through out the weekend.
    Now teams are only allowed "one power mode", they can't change it during the qualifying or the race. They can reduce the power to look after the engine during the race, but they can't go to strap mode 2 or whatever they call it.

It won't affect Mercedes one bit, it may reduce their qualifying performance, but they will be even more stronger than Red Bull/Honda during the Sundays. It will affect Red Bull, Renault, other Mercedes and Renault powered cars. And it won't affect Ferrari or Ferrari powered cars one bit.

Today seems to be the worse day of my 20 years of viewing F1, i remember when at some raced ferrari 1 driver not able to make it to Q3 and that use to be such a big thing for us, me my brother, my cousin us to be sad whole evening thinking ferrari driver out of q3.

There was time when if one ferrari driver ends up in 4th or 5th row of grid , whole of fanbase use to be so upset, i personally use to be very very upset and now here we are celebrating that cars are able to make it to Q2.

It has tunred out to a time that year after year we hope that now ferrari will be on top again and 2019 car did showed promise but now this disappointment, it feels like sprit itself is breaking and there seems no option, we keep on hitting new low.

Trust me i am not exaggerating, i just cannot imagine ferrari doing this bad.

I really wish the whole management along with every ****ing engineer and even the pit crew gets fired and we bring everyone new. It really hurts.
    Forza Ferrari Forever

The problem is ferrari have no power at all so what mode can ferrari settle on.I don't see much changing for us.Red bull will close right up and max can start unseating the hamilton bottas combination.The fans won't be in Monza next week but the press will be with failure expected a literary blood bath awaits.

Motorsport.com.... this is one bit of website who cries on ferrari all the time. It’s a pure Ham/Mercs fan website.
    Now this website is trolling ferrari a lot. During FP’s, motorsport trolled Ferrari fans.
    Now after quali, they are digging it further by saying Williams hope they can fight with Ferrari

Laurent Mekies: "Thanks to a lot of hard work from everyone, today was better than yesterday, but it was not enough to fight with our usual competitors. We also went for an aero setup aimed at tomorrow’s race, when the rain could be a factor."
    Tomorrow we will do all we can and then work on finding out why we never managed to get our package working properly, right from the first free practice session.."

So it seems they are still trying to understand the car? & they went for different set-up aimed at race. as per his statements tomorrow’s race should be good for ferrari, if not?

Why is the car so slow?

Vettel: "That's not really a new question Kai?"

No but you still have the same problem.

Vettel: "We also have no new parts so."

Why not?

Vettel: "It's not that easy. But if you have some ideas, you can tell us and bring them with you!"