Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Belgian GP 2020 Practices and Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    So explain something to me... they've added more races, this means they cannot use the same engine the entire season... surely they are working on a spec 2 engine now?
    I think Ferrari are already on 2nd engine but even if rules allow a 3rd it has to be the exact same spec, not allowed to change engine specs only another version of the same engine.

Binotto should learn to keep his big mouth shut.He talks to much and most of the time sounds like a vacuum cleaner salesman.For spa we having something very special sounds like a two for one deal.The something special could well be ferrari being knocked out in Q1 of qualifying now thats on the cards.He is nothing other than a hack, strait out of the jobs for the boys programe at ferrari.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So explain something to me... they've added more races, this means they cannot use the same engine the entire season... surely they are working on a spec 2 engine now?
    Correct me if I’m wrong, but the engine spec is frozen. They can use new engines, but they have to be the same specification as the one used at the first race and therefore the same basic power output.

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiklub View Post
    That’s just depressing. If HAAS and Alfa improved that means that the lack of pace in the Ferrari isn’t just the engine. The entire package sucks the big one.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    I mean they won in Indy in 2005, right?
    6 cars to the finish and still Ferrari used team orders! I was there when fans were throwing water bottles at Schumy! That's one of the 91 race wins?

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    6 cars to the finish and still Ferrari used team orders! I was there when fans were throwing water bottles at Schumy! That's one of the 91 race wins?
    I was there too. Right across from the podiums. Tiago Montero was happy as a pig in poop lol.

I don’t remember water bottles but I remember Fosters cans being thrown onto the track.

Point is, only chance Ferrari has is if only they HAAS and Alfa race.

Great ! I wish F-1 would return to Indy. 1hr. 15 min flight NY City to Indy. Driving over most bridges in NY take longer in the rush hours ! Enjoy the race !!!

With current rules, we can't introduce new spec right now without using up the tokens. (2 tokens required for ICE upgrade)
    So Ferrari, technically can introduce a new spec PU right now, but they would end up using the tokens and would no longer be able to upgrade the engine next year.

That's just the way it is. And Ferrari have agreed to enforce those rules "for the good of the sport", nobody forced them to do it.

Leading by example but paying a huge price.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but the engine spec is frozen. They can use new engines, but they have to be the same specification as the one used at the first race and therefore the same basic power output.
    yeah that's right, I forgot about that... can't believe Ferrari agreed to that....
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    With current rules, we can't introduce new spec right now without using up the tokens. (2 tokens required for ICE upgrade)
    So Ferrari, technically can introduce a new spec PU right now, but they would end up using the tokens and would no longer be able to upgrade the engine next year.

That's just the way it is. And Ferrari have agreed to enforce those rules "for the good of the sport", nobody forced them to do it.
    Yeah, completely forgot about that
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    They are still trying to understand the car !!!
    Yeah.

Binotto

“So I think there is a lot to work on through the night to analyse data, understand why eventually we are not bringing the tyres to the right window of temperature and make sure that we have addressed it for the rest of the weekend. It’s the same situation on both cars, so it’s not driver-related, it’s really the way we set up the car in order to find the right window in the tyres.”

https://www.racefans.net/2020/08/28/...r-grim-friday/

Charles and Seb need to block out Binotto more so than Lewis. Drive through the pack just like Crashstappen of old. Anywhere out of the top 10 is a disgrace. Go for it!! How can down force and tire choice still be a mystery to Ferrari the team? Binotto is on leave except for pay until 2022. At least think podiums !! Hey Abbott!! Good to see you back !

I have a theory, probably quite wrong, that Ferrari may be making a point that the engines should not have been frozen until 2022 and by being also-rans might get the FIA to modify the current regs 'in the interest of the sport'! Binotto says the abysmal FP1/2 times were down to the inability to heat up the tyres, so his understanding of the car seems to be zilch. I despair.

Charles and Seb need to block out Binotto more so than Lewis. Drive through the pack just like Crashstappen of old. Anywhere out of the top 10 is a disgrace. Go for it!! How can down force and tire choice still be a mystery to Ferrari the team? Binotto is on leave except for pay until 2022. At least think podiums !! Hey Abbott!! Good to see you back !
    These 'token' rules are a joke!

We lost the most time yesterday in sector 2. The setup we have gone for clearly is to offset time lost in a straight line but that is then having an effect on how the car behaves round the middle part of the track. This just isn't good enough to say we are still trying to understand the car. The Ferrari support look on and understand the car is ****, the drivers understand and we are told, almost condescendingly that the engineers are still trying to understand. If you have a piece of **** engine you no reductions of downforce can change that but I refuse to believe this sort of sacrifice with engine performance means we now have to have a terrible car aerodynamically as well. Look at red bull for example, they had a bad engine, lost performance in a straight line but still competed be sure they had a good chassis a good package and delivered the maximum.

Ferrari think having a faster car in a straight line masks all there problems and it did for a while but ultimately the car was **** everywhere else, tyre management etc. We've had a terrible car for 2 seasons. 2017 car was much better, always setup well. I'm not blaming Binotto for this because he was part of the 2017 team so he knows this more than anyone but something has gone hideously wrong along the way
    Last edited by patrese86; 29th August 2020 at 08:22.

What team orders you crying about this time? Fact micheal had 30 odd second lead, after rubens pitted, he pitted, came out side by side with rubens, both fought hard but forced rubens on the grass, then BOTH being told to hold as not worth the risk to battle and loose an easy 1-2

Oh, they werent throwing cans because of "team otders" but the fact only 6 cars raced.

Take off your blickers and see the bigger picture, sad world you live in if you keep bringing up rubbish from all those years ago, which, all helped ferraris championships.
    Last edited by Rob; 29th August 2020 at 08:33.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    What team orders you crying about this time? Fact micheal had 30 odd second lead, after rubens pitted, he pitted, came out side by side with rubens, both fought hard but forced rubens on the grass, then BOTH being told to hold as not worth the risk to battle and loose an easy 1-2

Oh, they werent throwing cans because of "team otders" but the fact only 6 cars raced.

Take off your blickers and see the bigger picture, sad world you live in if you keep bringing up rubbish from all those years ago, which, all helped ferraris championships.

I mean they won in Indy in 2005, right?
    Olivier Panis won the 1996 Monaco GP, so anything is possible in a motor race.

Ok, FP3 now. Let's see if some Italian genius has found something..........
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Well straight away the first one in that list wasn't really a bad car it was the crap excuse for tyres Bridgestone made for us. We will never know if that car was good or bad or not unless you stuck the Michelin tyres from 2005 on it.

Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    Well straight away the first one in that list wasn't really a bad car it was the crap excuse for tyres Bridgestone made for us. We will never know if that car was good or bad or not unless you stuck the Michelin tyres from 2005 on it.
    ...but tires are the essential part...

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    ...but tires are the essential part...
    Yeah! I don't disagree I'm just saying it doesn't make it a bad car after all the other teams who ran Bridgestones struggled like hell not just Ferrari.

Those tyres combined with all the other technical regulations in 2005 meant we were set up to fail, just what the FIA wanted. That was for "the good of a the sport" as well. We're still waiting for such rule changes to be made to stop the merc dominance which is on a completely different level compared to what Ferrari achieved in the early 2000s.

Why risk a battle and lose an easy 1- 2 ? Let Rubens pass! Oh the contract! Well for sure pushing Rubens to the grass is one thing, trying to push him into a concrete wall years later not for 1st place but 9th. was tough to accept. True rubbish for any driver to try. Nether driver was with Ferrari at the time. I'ts sad thinking that memories of F-1 races and drivers of years ago is rubbish. The big picture now in 2020 is Lewis 91+wins & WDCs is possible! F-1 is great both past and present! The only thing sad is Ferrari so far this year. Charles needs the car!

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    These 'token' rules are a joke!
    They are a joke as I only care what helps Ferrari but would we all hate the tokens if Ferrari had the fastest car? This weekend looks horrendous but Haas are at time of writing 8 tenths faster than Ferrari with the same engine. May well be a huge tyre temp issue. Has happened even to Merc in this era a few times at Singapore. For 1 race in the year they were 1 second down instead of 1 second faster. With where Ferrari are this year such a tyre issue basically puts them near last.

Holy

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Jesus Christ, last. I am going to call it now, very high chance both will be out in Q1. How can Alfa and Haas be faster? That gets rid of the engine excuse.

Aah.......are there any people here who have the guts to watch qualifying?
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse