Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Italian GP 2020 : Practice and Qualifying

The fixed modes come into effect from quali? They can still run softer in practices? It's just even though positions are in line roughly with the season gaps are close for FP3. Merc will be 1 and 2 in quali but will be very interesting on gaps. Everyone running skinny rear wings Ferrari more than anyone but Grosjean the highest top speed with Ferrari engine? Guess it's a tow, if so the speed increase is enormous.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Che sera sera what will be will be.Iam at peace with the ongoing and current ferrari failures finally its just not worth the grief as a ferrari fan now going on for over 20 years. The way I see it the situation can only get better.Ferrari has hit rock bottom now the only way left is up.ENJOY.
    That's a good mindset. The only hope I have left now is that the aero department lead by Rory Bryne completely focusing on the 2022 car and the PU guys working to rebuild the engine. They can forget about 2021 for all I care, I might even stop watching for a year looking at the state of F1 right now.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by 330 p4 View Post
    The fixed modes come into effect from quali? They can still run softer in practices? It's just even though positions are in line roughly with the season gaps are close for FP3. Merc will be 1 and 2 in quali but will be very interesting on gaps. Everyone running skinny rear wings Ferrari more than anyone but Grosjean the highest top speed with Ferrari engine? Guess it's a tow, if so the speed increase is enormous.
    We are running a setup with so much low downforce that we are losing times in the corners at Monza of all the places. Maybe that's the only way we can hope to be semi competitive here. The aero itself isn't bad considering how well it did in Hungary qualifying (the Pink Mercs lose their advantage because they don't know how to develop a car they didn't build and hence the upgrades are useless).
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    That's a good mindset. The only hope I have left now is that the aero department lead by Rory Bryne completely focusing on the 2022 car and the PU guys working to rebuild the engine. They can forget about 2021 for all I care, I might even stop watching for a year looking at the state of F1 right now.
    Giving away 2 years for title or strong car in 2022 does make sense. If ferrari doesn’t get it strong, then next cycle would be difficult to assume.

I feel next year should be good in terms of comparison with current year.

We always live in a hope.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Giving away 2 years for title or strong car in 2022 does make sense. If ferrari doesn’t get it strong, then next cycle would be difficult to assume.

I feel next year should be good in terms of comparison with current year.

We always live in a hope.
    I hope Charles does not become to us what Kimi was to McLaren because that would be an utter shame.

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    I hope Charles does not become to us what Kimi was to McLaren because that would be an utter shame.
    That’s my concern too, we got the best driver on the grid. If we don’t give him right machine, it’s like wasting his talent.

Hello everybody. Do statistics really matter now the sport is an FIA/Mercedes rule regulated sport to its core. And Hamster racing alone. What a garbage sports this has become. If someone tells me that Ferrari dominated 2000 to 2004, they did it on merit, everybody had a free hand to develop their cars. Today rules decide who wins, and it has become a farce. The FIA that lacks any honesty or decency, changed the rules in 2005 to stop Ferrari. How come they are putting regulations to keep this circus going on. What a load of rubbish the FIA is, lost all respect to Brawn and Todt.

Quote Originally Posted by Farid757 View Post
    Hello everybody. Do statistics really matter now the sport is an FIA/Mercedes rule regulated sport to its core. And Hamster racing alone. What a garbage sports this has become. If someone tells me that Ferrari dominated 2000 to 2004, they did it on merit, everybody had a free hand to develop their cars. Today rules decide who wins, and it has become a farce. The FIA that lacks any honesty or decency, changed the rules in 2005 to stop Ferrari. How come they are putting regulations to keep this circus going on. What a load of rubbish the FIA is, lost all respect to Brawn and Todt.
    Statistics don't matter. Anyone who has actually watched F1 back in the day only call Michael as the GOAT because of his epic seasons in 1995, 1997, 1998 and 2000. He has taken championships to the last race (1997, 1998) and also won 2 of them (1995 and 2000) in inferior cars. He also won a championship while the FIA was actively trying to sabotage Ferrari in 2003 with all the point system changes. Anyone who ever thought that he has his name cemented in history just because of the records has just read some Wikipedia page without actually having seen him race. In fact, Michael himself has said that records are only meant to be broken.

Now, Hamilton is a great driver and definitely deserves to be in the top 10 of all time but he is far from being a GOAT because all his championships are either in dominant machinery with no real competition or a car that had been proven to be illegal (2008) modified copies of the F2007. He has never lead the sport while not being the champion like Michael did in 1996-2000 and Alonso did in 2010-2013.

Finally in the temple of speed, with car that has no speed at all!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Finally in the temple of speed, with car that has no speed at all!
    The Ferrari 488s look to have speed at the Nurburgring though

Leclerc's lap time deleted

CL lap time deleted - TL

First time Mercedes under 27.0 in the sector 1

Mercedes on a harder tire more than a second faster!

Q2 max today

Max 9 tenths behind Hamilton.

Will croft mess himself when hamilton gets pole?

Midfield so so close. Imagine if Mercedes didn’t exist, this season would’ve been fun

BTW, that "special" thing Mr. B was talking about, when will it come?

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Midfield so so close. Imagine if Mercedes didn’t exist, this season would’ve been fun
    Imagine this years Ferrari with last years engine. Ferrari would easily be the second fastest car, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Imagine this years Ferrari with last years engine. Ferrari would easily be the second fastest car, at least.
    Only a matter of time, engine has been Ferrari’s weakness very rarely

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Still second. Not first!

This is so painful..

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Still second. Not first!
    Mate, I hope you aren’t a school teacher, kids would’ve had a miserable life :D

Vettel out of Q1

SV out

Man....the traffic sucks.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Mate, I hope you aren’t a school teacher, kids would’ve had a miserable life :D
    No. I am not a teacher, I am just not satisfying with the crumbs! Always aim for the best and more!

Seb is out.

Leclerc hits P9.

Gasly P5.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

This whole tow thing, second year in a row at this track