Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Italian GP 2020 : Practice and Qualifying

The irony of the current formula1 situation is that a mighty so unprdictable sport has now become the total polar opposite and is just so predictable now if this is healthy for a sport now on life support then iam the pope.The fia have played a major role with mercedes at pandering to there every needs and wants.Even the media can start printing there news papers prior to the race even starting thats how confident they can be.Oh yes a very sad state of affairs.

Is the mercedes engine that fast without party mode or are they allowed to run party mode and others not?

What was the speed trap of our cars compared to the rest. I think i saw charles hit 333/k? Is that a good speed?

The Mercedes is just a mile ahead as a total package. It doesn't appear to be just the engine or electric power, as the car is planted on the racing line like it was on a rail. Watching Two Chains on his pole setting lap was disheartening. He looked like he was simply cruising around the track. I still think the FIA helped them by going to the hybrid engine era, but those guys have designed one heck of a race car. Ferrari needs to take a close look at the Mercedes design and try to incorporate as many of their concepts as possible into the Ferrari 2021 car.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Mercedes always has a plan b in place....just in case for situations like this (party mode ban).

Their FRIC system got banned in 2017 and within a month before Barcelona testing, they had a plan b in place and the car was running without the FRIC system.
    Yup quite opposite to us. When our 2019 engine got out, we don’t have any plan B. It’s just the merc system how it’s functioning & are ready for everything. Yeah to some point FIA are too much favoured to Merc.
    But should admire the consistency of Mercs. I would also call incompetency of rival teams to catch Mercs.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hajj View Post
    The Mercedes is just a mile ahead as a total package. It doesn't appear to be just the engine or electric power, as the car is planted on the racing line like it was on a rail. Watching Two Chains on his pole setting lap was disheartening. He looked like he was simply cruising around the track. I still think the FIA helped them by going to the hybrid engine era, but those guys have designed one heck of a race car. Ferrari needs to take a close look at the Mercedes design and try to incorporate as many of their concepts as possible into the Ferrari 2021 car.
    Yep, it's the whole package. Engine, chassis and aero package. Couple that with their race strategy and pit crew efficiency, they are the Ferrari of the early 2000's, unbeatable.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Formula 1 since the inception of the hybrid era has lost over 60% of its value.Bernie eccelstein could see the writing on the wall and cashed in his sinking ship unknown of the condition to liberty media.Now thats special Bernie baby.$$$$$$$
    Claire Williams shows she's just as smart! I'm already missing her!!!

The difference is she is not missing f1.Williams and Clare new she is just wasting her time.Take what is offered and live a relaxed stress free life.

Helmut Marko was asked by Sky Germany about Lewis's recent comments (Max being on his own / no help from his teammate):

"I don't quite understand this. Hamilton called us several times last year, to tell us to put Albon in the car."

The difference is she is not missing f1.Williams and Clare new she is just wasting her time.Take what is offered and live a relaxed stress free life.
    I'm sure Claire got what she wanted not just what was offered.

Looks like Hamilton running red bull to.What an amazing human is there any thing this man can not do.? According to Dr Helmut marko hamilton pushed for albon to be given the seat at Redbull and it worked.

I believe Michael put in the good word for Seb to get the seat @ Ferrari. Could Ferrari not realize it was the car that did the 4 WDCs?

Looks like Hamilton running red bull to.What an amazing human is there any thing this man can not do.? According to Dr Helmut marko hamilton pushed for albon to be given the seat at Redbull and it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    I believe Michael put in the good word for Seb to get the seat @ Ferrari. Could Ferrari not realize it was the car that did the 4 WDCs?
    ... before rubens gng to another team?

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    ... before rubens gng to another team?
    The only thing you wrote that I understood was ? Are you in shock over those 94 poles?

The only thing you wrote that I understood was ? Are you in shock over those 94 poles?
    Yes with no competition

Why hards for seb are they crazy. Hards are a nightmare.m with no grip.

The car feels good much slower than before.

Amazing Seb out and now leclerc cant keep up with the alfa. The worse season in 27 years for ferrari.

Yes with no competition
    I surely agree , Lewis is in a class of his own. No competition ! 26 sec. behind the last car and he finished 7th with a fastest lap also! Was it Auto pilot that got him safely through the crowded track? Anyway he didn't get his 90 yet.

I surely agree , Lewis is in a class of his own. No competition ! 26 sec. behind the last car and he finished 7th with a fastest lap also! Was it Auto pilot that got him safely through the crowded track? Anyway he didn't get his 90 yet.
    Will get it but of no use...!!

Will get it but of no use...!!
    7x WDC 91+ Wins will make him stay as Simply the Best. No use denying it.Hopefully when Ferrari comes back with a car, Charles will be the next in line as one of the best. I hope he sticks it out in Red!

7x WDC 91+ Wins will make him stay as Simply the Best. No use denying it.Hopefully when Ferrari comes back with a car, Charles will be the next in line as one of the best. I hope he sticks it out in Red!
    He is also the best in most penalty points with 8. 4 more and he gets a race ban.

Only in figures. In real, he’s after Senna, Schumi only

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    He is also the best in most penalty points with 8. 4 more and he gets a race ban.
    4 more wins will probably get him the 2020 WDC. That's just 7 , one shy of the penalty points record! Lewis needs to reach Nov. 17th and the points will disappear.
    Last edited by Brembo; 7th September 2020 at 10:31.

In real Binotto figures 10 yrs. Max will be the GOAT by then.

Prost is better than anyone but Schumi. His driving style was ahead of his time. His technical knowledge was second to none when it came to drivers. I think it was in 1997 after losing the title in Jerez when Jean Todt tried to bring him to Ferrari to coach Michael. The actual ranking is something like Schumacher (GOAT), Prost, Senna, Fangio, Alonso and then Hamilton.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    Prost is better than anyone but Schumi. His driving style was ahead of his time. His technical knowledge was second to none when it came to drivers. I think it was in 1997 after losing the title in Jerez when Jean Todt tried to bring him to Ferrari to coach Michael. The actual ranking is something like Schumacher (GOAT), Prost, Senna, Fangio, Alonso and then Hamilton.

Italian GP 2020 : Practice and Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    Agree on Prost, whole Senna love fest branded Prost as some kind of a villain

The thing that sets Michael apart from all drivers beside his talent was him not chasing winning teams/seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Agree on Prost, whole Senna love fest branded Prost as some kind of a villain

The thing that sets Michael apart from all drivers beside his talent was him not chasing winning teams/seat.
    True. He had an offer from Ron Dennis in 1997 to get into McLaren and if he did, he would have easily cruised to 3 titles in a row (1998, 1999 and 2000). But instead he stuck with us, fought very hard in inferior cars and made those very cars look great. He was involved in making a dream team the likes of which has only been artificially matched by Mercedes due to their lobbying in the V8 era for getting the V6H engines.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

I believe that even in today's F-1 the Ferrari seats are still held in the highest esteem by all drivers. I only hope Charles will stay strong and stay home! @ Ferrari. Saintz is a lucky driver. I wish him the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Agree on Prost, whole Senna love fest branded Prost as some kind of a villain.
    Agreed. And if one is looking at the driver as an entire package, Ayrton goes further down the list, IMO.