Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast
Results 451 to 480 of 516

Thread: 53 Laps of Pain and Torture AKA Italian GP 2020

  1. #451
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    12,642
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Happy Bday Stefa ...

  2. #452
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Helsinki
    Posts
    3,797
    Quote Originally Posted by DIEK View Post
    Hi guys, I was just passing here...

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EhKB4QgX...jpg&name=small


    I had almost stopped watching F1, but thank goodness I din't miss this race...and well, seems next year will be more interesting (let's hope Ferrari recovers) and I will surely pass more for The Scuderia...greetings to all!
    Hi man, long time no see. Interesting to see, if Fernando is still in fit.

  3. #453
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,852
    Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    If you want to switch off the TV every time Ferrari look bad, why are you now calling this a good race when Ferrari recorded a double DNF? I think you need to decide whether you want to follow F1 or not. Honestly, this is not the first interesting race of the season. Definitely the most interesting so far, but not the only one.

    If all you want to see is Ferrari winning, then just bid us all farewell and check in again in 2022.
    Oh get over it...I consider any race that is not won by Merc or Hamilton a good race. Mercedes has destroyed F1 and made it utterly impossible to enjoy. Yes, it is horrible for Ferrari what happened to both cars, yet I am happy for the sport that there was an unpredictable winner/podium. Iím not the only one, just look at all all of the comments on F1ís social media platforms. Everyone is happy about the outcome - No Merc win or podium.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

  4. #454
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    885
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Oh get over it...I consider any race that is not won by Merc or Hamilton a good race. Mercedes has destroyed F1 and made it utterly impossible to enjoy. Yes, it is horrible for Ferrari what happened to both cars, yet I am happy for the sport that there was an unpredictable winner/podium. Iím not the only one, just look at all all of the comments on F1ís social media platforms. Everyone is happy about the outcome - No Merc win or podium.
    I'm also happy about the outcome. Very happy. But I don't come on here before every race to announce that I won't be watching because it's boring.
    Black Lives Matter
    We Race as One
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

  5. #455
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    885
    Thank you to those who answered my engine development question. I thought development was frozen until 2022. Why is there general talk that we're stuck in this predicament until 2022 when we can in fact develop a new car in 2021?
    Black Lives Matter
    We Race as One
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

  6. #456
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    2,720
    Every time the Mercs hit trouble, we have a great race!! Something for the FIA to think about. the race was hugely entertaining.

    Yes it was terrible for us, and some part of me thinks our team is happier having both cars DNF rather than finish 15-18 or something like that.

    Surprised by the grit shown by Sainz. I never thought he had it in him. He and Charles will be fantastic for Ferrari.
    As for our race winner. Very happy for Gasly. I think he deserved something good to happen to him. And he has shown great pace and race craft this season. Plus am sure it was a nice little slap on Helmut markos face.

    Hoping we can do better next weekend. Charles had a chance to score some points today if he hadnt binned it. Maybe Mugello will be kinder to us.
    Silently, like a shadow

  7. #457
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    2,720
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Bottas: I have a puncture.

    Radio: Nope.

    Bottas: Broken wing.

    Radio: Nope...

    Bottas: Engine problem.

    Radio: Please, stop.


    Silently, like a shadow

  8. #458
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    885
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    Every time the Mercs hit trouble, we have a great race!! Something for the FIA to think about. the race was hugely entertaining.

    Yes it was terrible for us, and some part of me thinks our team is happier having both cars DNF rather than finish 15-18 or something like that.

    Surprised by the grit shown by Sainz. I never thought he had it in him. He and Charles will be fantastic for Ferrari.
    As for our race winner. Very happy for Gasly. I think he deserved something good to happen to him. And he has shown great pace and race craft this season. Plus am sure it was a nice little slap on Helmut markos face.

    Hoping we can do better next weekend. Charles had a chance to score some points today if he hadnt binned it. Maybe Mugello will be kinder to us.
    TEAM: "We can be patient with Kimi..."
    CS: "No ways, I want Gasly!"
    Black Lives Matter
    We Race as One
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

  9. #459
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Leclerc bins it...he's out.

    What LeClerc wrecked?

    Are you sure it wasn't Vettel?

    Must be a mistake only Vettel wrecks.
    .
    Changes aren't permanent........But change is.
    ALL LIVES MATTER... EVEN YOURS

  10. #460
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    2,720
    Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Agreed
    Question is does Gasly want to go back to RBR?
    He seems a lot happier in this team.
    Silently, like a shadow

  11. #461
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Helsinki
    Posts
    3,797
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Soon Alpha-Honda gonna pass ferrari ...!!
    and Charles is going down too, looks like

    7 Leclerc MON Ferrari 45
    8 Gasly FRA AlphaTauri Honda 43
    9 Sainz ESP McLaren Renault 41
    10 Ricciardo AUS Renault 41
    11 Perez MEX Racing Point BWT Mercedes 34
    12 Ocon FRA Renault 30
    13 Vettel GER Ferrari 16

  12. #462
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    towradgi beach
    Posts
    1,430
    If ferrari car is dangerous to drive and is a health and safety risk then the fia should ask ferrari to retire the sf1000.Safety is the number 1 priority.

  13. #463
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    7,883
    Quote Originally Posted by JHAMMER View Post
    What LeClerc wrecked?

    Are you sure it wasn't Vettel?

    Must be a mistake only Vettel wrecks.
    yep, it was Leclerc. Tail got away from him at the Parabolica. It was a massive shunt but he's okay.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  14. #464
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    ...
    Posts
    353
    As Binotto said in a recent interview, the SF1000 chassis was not designed for the current engine, it was designed for an engine with a lot more power. So now the car lacks grip and even when they push the car the aero is not working as intended for the required downforce.

  15. #465
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,272
    Today I saw two interviews with two drivers who did not finish the race: Charles Leclerc and Max Verstappen. What a difference......

    We all saw what happened to Charles. The Ferrari is very hard to drive and 100% unforgiving. The back stepped out and that was it. Charles tried to correct, but you can't correct this car so he lost it. He knows it was the car, Mattia knows it was the car, everyone at Ferrari knows it was the car. But what does he say to the Dutch reporter? "I made a mistake and I lost it" . That man is a real Ferraridriver, blindingly fast and always backing up his team.
    We are blessed with such a driver.

    Then Max Verstappen to the same Dutch reporter, this is what I heard on TV: "That - BEEP - car and this - BEEP BEEP - engine destroyed my weekend -BEEP- there is nothing I can do with this - BEEP BEEP ......etcetera...

    I am Dutch, but happy to be a Ferrari fan.........and thank you Charles for being the guy you are.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

  16. #466
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    104



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Remember - You just have the feeling that some years you have done a good job and others when you feel there was something missing or something you wanted to change or want to improve for next year

  17. #467
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    104




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Remember - You just have the feeling that some years you have done a good job and others when you feel there was something missing or something you wanted to change or want to improve for next year

  18. #468
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,368
    Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    If ferrari car is dangerous to drive and is a health and safety risk then the fia should ask ferrari to retire the sf1000.Safety is the number 1 priority.
    It's not like it's exploding.

  19. #469
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    towradgi beach
    Posts
    1,430
    Yes that's true but its a Billy cart all over the place.The chasis is not right for the current engine according to binotto the current chasis is designed for the engine the friends of mercedes the fia banned.

  20. #470
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    361
    Quote Originally Posted by Alonsomaniac View Post
    Today I saw two interviews with two drivers who did not finish the race: Charles Leclerc and Max Verstappen. What a difference......

    We all saw what happened to Charles. The Ferrari is very hard to drive and 100% unforgiving. The back stepped out and that was it. Charles tried to correct, but you can't correct this car so he lost it. He knows it was the car, Mattia knows it was the car, everyone at Ferrari knows it was the car. But what does he say to the Dutch reporter? "I made a mistake and I lost it" . That man is a real Ferraridriver, blindingly fast and always backing up his team.
    We are blessed with such a driver.

    Then Max Verstappen to the same Dutch reporter, this is what I heard on TV: "That - BEEP - car and this - BEEP BEEP - engine destroyed my weekend -BEEP- there is nothing I can do with this - BEEP BEEP ......etcetera...

    I am Dutch, but happy to be a Ferrari fan.........and thank you Charles for being the guy you are.
    All great drivers made a lot of mistakes in their initial years but most of them also had an easier car to drive than the SF1000. Let's hope that his experience taming the SF1000 makes him even stronger.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

  21. #471
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N. Delhi/Helsinki
    Posts
    4,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    Question is does Gasly want to go back to RBR?
    He seems a lot happier in this team.
    In favor:
    - RB is a top team and he has more chance of winning. What happened in Monza is rare
    - Redemption of being kicked out from RB
    - Raise your game in crucial times, that’s how you become F1 great

    Not in favor:
    - Verstappen as his teammate

  22. #472
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,316
    Lewis is also diplomatic during his interviews. He has a kind word for most all drivers. But... he is hated anyway by so many F-1 fans because of his success. Max is for real on and off track. I hope he stays the same. Honest in his interviews. He doesn't seem to have any trouble getting along with the other drivers off track . Their always joking around. Max is more the driver than the politician. Nothing wrong with that.

  23. #473
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    9,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    In favor:
    - RB is a top team and he has more chance of winning. What happened in Monza is rare
    - Redemption of being kicked out from RB
    - Raise your game in crucial times, that’s how you become F1 great

    Not in favor:
    - Verstappen as his teammate
    Absolutely

  24. #474
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    885
    Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    As Binotto said in a recent interview, the SF1000 chassis was not designed for the current engine, it was designed for an engine with a lot more power. So now the car lacks grip and even when they push the car the aero is not working as intended for the required downforce.
    I have a problem with this. It seems to imply that Ferrari were content with a mediocre chassis and aero as long as their engine is good. Any other team would aim to have both a good chassis and a good engine, like Alfa Romeo for instance who is now beating us with the same engine. Isn't that a fundamental failure? I believe for that alone heads must roll.
    Black Lives Matter
    We Race as One
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

  25. #475
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    12,642
    Quote Originally Posted by tohellandback View Post
    http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...36a9208cb9.jpg


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Picture says more than 1000 words....

  26. #476
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    India
    Posts
    1,368
    Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    As Binotto said in a recent interview, the SF1000 chassis was not designed for the current engine, it was designed for an engine with a lot more power. So now the car lacks grip and even when they push the car the aero is not working as intended for the required downforce.
    That makes no sense. Alfa Romeo with the same engine is outperforming Ferrari. So with better engine, Alfa Romeo would still outperform Ferrari. Chassis is terrible, it just shows last year's chassis was even worse. This one is a touch better but still worse, second only to Williams.

  27. #477
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Max is for real on and off track. I hope he stays the same. Honest in his interviews. He doesn't seem to have any trouble getting along with the other drivers off track . Their always joking around. Max is more the driver than the politician. Nothing wrong with that.
    I'm sorry, but I never hear any driver cursing and shouting and blaming everything on the team or someone else like he does on TV. I never hear BEEP BEEP BEEP in any interview on Dutch TV with any driver except him. He is a very fast driver, very talented, but his behaviour makes me feel ashamed for being Dutch too.
    If that is "being real" nowadays..........
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

  28. #478
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    9,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Alonsomaniac View Post
    I'm sorry, but I never hear any driver cursing and shouting and blaming everything on the team or someone else like he does on TV. I never hear BEEP BEEP BEEP in any interview on Dutch TV with any driver except him. He is a very fast driver, very talented, but his behaviour makes me feel ashamed for being Dutch too.
    If that is "being real" nowadays..........
    I’m on the same opinion as you. That’s the only dislike factor on him. Else he’s very good talented driver.
    But very aggressive, he doesn’t own the responsibility like Charles does.

  29. #479
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    salco
    Posts
    2,939
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Lewis is also diplomatic during his interviews. He has a kind word for most all drivers. But... he is hated anyway by so many F-1 fans because of his success. Max is for real on and off track. I hope he stays the same. Honest in his interviews. He doesn't seem to have any trouble getting along with the other drivers off track . Their always joking around. Max is more the driver than the politician. Nothing wrong with that.
    Max and Ocon are best friends

  30. #480
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    12,642
    Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    I have a problem with this. It seems to imply that Ferrari were content with a mediocre chassis and aero as long as their engine is good. Any other team would aim to have both a good chassis and a good engine, like Alfa Romeo for instance who is now beating us with the same engine. Isn't that a fundamental failure? I believe for that alone heads must roll.
    It is really amazing and unbelievable how come for more than 10 years there are always same problems?!? How come one does not say, hey let's see where are we doing it wrong? What can we do to avoid mistakes from past? Things like assessment?! Learn form mistakes, not do them again and again all over! Maybe they are doing it. I strongly believe they do, but than if even with that, they can not succeed, that something is fundamentally wrong in Ferrari!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •