Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 53 Laps of Pain and Torture AKA Italian GP 2020

btw Stefa what happened to Djokovic yesterday? He threw away an opportunity to win another slam.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Lewis is also diplomatic during his interviews. He has a kind word for most all drivers. But... he is hated anyway by so many F-1 fans because of his success. Max is for real on and off track. I hope he stays the same. Honest in his interviews. He doesn't seem to have any trouble getting along with the other drivers off track . Their always joking around. Max is more the driver than the politician. Nothing wrong with that.
    Max should put a sock in it and think before he speaks. He is a part of a team, he does not race alone.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    btw Stefa what happened to Djokovic yesterday? He threw away an opportunity to win another slam.
    Yeap! That was really stupid from him....

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Max should put a sock in it and think before he speaks. He is a part of a team, he does not race alone.
    Max thinks about his driving. And presently is Lewis' only real competition even though it's not enough but Max is giving his most. Talk is cheap , actions speak louder than words. Who should as you say put a sock in it is Binotto. 10 yrs. before Ferrari is back on top! Driver interviews are what they are, their point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    It is really amazing and unbelievable how come for more than 10 years there are always same problems?!? How come one does not say, hey let's see where are we doing it wrong? What can we do to avoid mistakes from past? Things like assessment?! Learn form mistakes, not do them again and again all over! Maybe they are doing it. I strongly believe they do, but than if even with that, they can not succeed, that something is fundamentally wrong in Ferrari!
    Thre is a simple answer: management change with non-Italians running the team.

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    Thre is a simple answer: management change with non-Italians running the team.
    Claire is available!

Slowly i'm losing the trust on our current team :(

I used to be optimistic, but i'm afraid next year and 2022 we're going to hear "correlation issues", "we're trying to understand the car", etc. Imagine our current performance with SM... No way he would allow that.

This is the first we lack everywhere, Politics, performance, talent, creativity, leadership.
    Last edited by Warp; 7th September 2020 at 11:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    Slowly i'm losing the trust on our current team :(

I used to be optimistic, but i'm afraid next year and 2022 we're going to hear "correlation issues", "we're trying to understand the car", etc. Imagine our current performance with SM... No way he would allow that.
    Yup... when the spark plug issue got out..!! He immediately reshuffled the quality check team & made sure that everything is perfect for the coming future. He was very quick to address it. Very bad that we lost him.
    Else as 2017 was the strong foundation continued to 2018... the same would have been flowed to 2019 car as well & put an end to Merc domination.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    I thought it was fitting. Hes gotten away before with bad behaviour. its come and bit him in the rear this time. A free GS chance wasted.
    Silently, like a shadow

Max is a bloody fast driver and a joy to watch racing, but he's got an arrogant mentality that I would only approve if he's a 5 times WC... which he's not though.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    Max is a bloody fast driver and a joy to watch racing, but he's got an arrogant mentality that I would only approve if he's a 5 times WC... which he's not though.
    Hes not even gotten started. Give him time. Senna was arrogant too. Just saying.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    Hes not even gotten started. Give him time. Senna was arrogant too. Just saying.
    He’s been into 5th year into F1? Point is, he thinks that he’s ahead of RB & there are teams for him who are ready to consider him. Don’t think that should be the case.

Any driver is bounded to its team. Team first then drivers comes 2nd. Ofcourse he has time in his hands.

Claire is available!
    In modern F1, need of the hour is someone who is ruthless, jerk, knows his politics, handles media well, someone like Horner

In plain English montezemello has stated that ferrari basically hired incomptent engineers with no f1 experience they had only rd car experiance.The fabled team can not attract or retain the top guns in this complex business.There appears to be no solution in site.large pay pay packets as bait are futile and are not working.There is no doubt that the problems at ferrari are of a mammoth proportions.Ferrari has been caught out badly since the hybrid era 2014 in Germany this was always advanced at this time, hence the dominance know.No doubt ferrari underestimated how complex this hybrid era is and is know paying a monumental price.Call it arrogance call it foolish call it what you like the hiring of non skilled personnel is the suicide mission unfolding as we speak for all the world to see it has piled nothing but misery on the millions of fans all over the world.For this the blame sits firmly at the feet of ferrari and non other.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    In plain English montezemello has stated that ferrari basically hired incomptent engineers with no f1 experience they had only rd car experiance.The fabled team can not attract or retain the top guns in this complex business.There appears to be no solution in site.large pay pay packets as bait are futile and are not working.There is no doubt that the problems at ferrari are of a mammoth proportions.Ferrari has been caught out badly since the hybrid era 2014 in Germany this was always advanced at this time, hence the dominance know.No doubt ferrari underestimated how complex this hybrid era is and is know paying a monumental price.Call it arrogance call it foolish call it what you like the hiring of non skilled personnel is the suicide mission unfolding as we speak for all the world to see it has piled nothing but misery on the millions of fans all over the world.For this the blame sits firmly at the feet of ferrari and non other.
    Source?

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    Source?
    Interview with RTL (german).
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Nico Rosberg on the SF 1000
    https://www.planetf1.com/news/nico-r...00s-behaviour/

"
    Rosberg, however, reckons it wasn’t entirely the driver’s fault as the SF1000 is “very, very difficult” to drive.

“Especially the behaviour of the car scared me,” he told RTL.

“He accelerated out of the corner, everything was under control and then suddenly he loses the rear of the car, catches it once, and then loses it again.

“The Ferrari seems very, very difficult to drive.”

Asked if he would call the Ferrari ‘undriveable’, the 2016 World Champion replied: “That is exactly the word I have learned not to use anymore because otherwise I will be quoted again and it gets exaggerated.

“But the Ferrari is very difficult to drive.” "

I think we should forgive any and all errors from our drivers this year, be it Sebastian or Charles.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    In plain English montezemello has stated that ferrari basically hired incomptent engineers with no f1 experience they had only rd car experiance..
    Ferrari hired engineers with no hybridization background but had road car experience.

Italy is not into hybridization. Germany IS into hybridization.

Hence "the horror" of getting into the insurmountable task of the 2014 formula that faced Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    Nico Rosberg on the SF 1000
    https://www.planetf1.com/news/nico-r...00s-behaviour/

"
    Rosberg, however, reckons it wasn’t entirely the driver’s fault as the SF1000 is “very, very difficult” to drive.

“Especially the behaviour of the car scared me,” he told RTL.

“He accelerated out of the corner, everything was under control and then suddenly he loses the rear of the car, catches it once, and then loses it again.

“The Ferrari seems very, very difficult to drive.”

Asked if he would call the Ferrari ‘undriveable’, the 2016 World Champion replied: “That is exactly the word I have learned not to use anymore because otherwise I will be quoted again and it gets exaggerated.

“But the Ferrari is very difficult to drive.” "

I think we should forgive any and all errors from our drivers this year, be it Sebastian or Charles.
    The 2021 car needs a complete reset or overhaul. And I for one say, get rid of that wide a## nose......ummm, less air to push thru with a narrower nose doing over 320kph or 200mph.

That rear unstability started at the end of 2018 with Seb starting to spin around while pushing to the limit and over it in a inferior car. 2019 the same and now its even worse.

That car has the worse rear stability in the entire field.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    That rear unstability started at the end of 2018 with Seb starting to spin around while pushing to the limit and over it in a inferior car. 2019 the same and now its even worse.

That car has the worse rear stability in the entire field.
    High rake and poor traction is the reason for spinning like that.

I wish Ferrari would adopt the low rake philosophy of Mercedes. You have less question marks when it come to traction or sealing the diffuser.

Ferrari f1 news 24 hrs has some good ferrari articles good reading.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    He has already burnt bridges with us and Renault. If he talks crap about Honda too often, Honda will join that list too and if that indeed happens, he will be under the mercy of Toto Wolff.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Max specializes in speeding over those bridges! Look where he is. He's Lewis biggest ans seems only threat! He's got a few points so far also. Why change?

Max specializes in speeding over those bridges! Look where he is. He's Lewis biggest ans seems only threat! He's got a few points so far also. Why change?
    Alonso drove his guts out and put relatively slower cars to places it didn't belong. His only drawback was that he was very critical of the team when things didn't go his way. The same seems to be the case with Verstappen. He has already insulted Renault pretty badly in 2017 and 2018 to the point that even Renault has publicly criticised him back. He definitely won't be going there, no matter what. Same with Ferrari. Now, he is criticising Honda and if he does to much of it (like Alonso did in 2015-2017), if history is something to be learned from, chances are that he will get screwed by Honda at some point. That only leaves him with Mercedes and Toto Wolff will exploit this.
    Last edited by MSC Fan; 8th September 2020 at 07:42.

I can only imagine Max team mate with Lewis! The races would never be boring. Meanwhile a good question is who needs the other more? Max Honda or Honda Max? But for Lewis Merc; they are on top.

I can only imagine Max team mate with Lewis! The races would never be boring. Meanwhile a good question is who needs the other more? Max Honda or Honda Max? But for Lewis Merc; they are on top.
    It would indeed be exciting to watch. I think more than Honda, it is RedBull that would need him more. They built a car with awful handling (not as bad as the SF1000 but not really good either) and it is only because Max is such an adaptable driver that he is able to tame the car. That car doesn't lack any pace at all, the engine is almost at par with Renault.

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    It would indeed be exciting to watch. I think more than Honda, it is RedBull that would need him more. They built a car with awful handling (not as bad as the SF1000 but not really good either) and it is only because Max is such an adaptable driver that he is able to tame the car. That car doesn't lack any pace at all, the engine is almost at par with Renault.
    I agree 100% Max is a lion tamer with what he has to drive. I wish this adaptability on Charles .

Seb annouces the going to Aston Martin before the Mugello gp.

Ferrari: Ready to give you faulty suspension, brakes again and a inferior strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Seb annouces the going to Aston Martin before the Mugello gp.

Ferrari: Ready to give you faulty suspension, brakes again and a inferior strategy.
    You accepted you were ok when it was happening to Webber, why double standards?