Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Tuscan GP 2020 Free practice & qualy

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    If we get within the first three rows we won't need to, because we have better tyre wear than those around us. I fully expect one stop for us and two for the direct competitors.
    Cool, if so, then it does not look so bad, but I do not have much optimism left...yeah, we will see

I am not sure but it looks like quali could be dangerous here too, chances for heavy crashes

Lec did a 3 tenth slower lap then FP1 ????!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Lec did a 3 tenth slower lap then FP1 ????!!!!
    Track conditions

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Track conditions
    The others are 1+ sec down ????!!
    Was it a glory run on FP1 ???!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Setup must have been different.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

I hope we get a top 6 finish at least.

I think Charles had to panic brake and went wide, because Kimi or Gio was starting fast lap and went very slow, yeah did look dangerous, and I am sure that will happen in quali too, hopefully nothing bad happens

Come on Perez, what was that

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    Come on Perez, what was that
    Perez should look into his mirrors. It was too casual from him.

FP3 will give better picture of where do we stand.
    Hopefully some decent points. But at the moment looks car looks very twitchy.

Perez is still shaken from the news yesterday.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    It happens ...there will be a element where you no longer care whatever the result you achieve or loose from now on.
    That’s how it goes.

Seb takes his seat or what, did not read news

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    Seb takes his seat or what, did not read news
    Yep.

Yep.
    great for Seb, hopefully Perez gets seat, Haas would be perfect for him

Seb stops dead on the track.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Not a single chance to fight in this inferior machinery.

Gp2 car. Here we go again. What a disgrace by Ferrari! But its nearly always Seb who gets the bad parts and a car. Leclerc had a single problem the entire season.

chase bank around here

Binotto on whether Vettel will be good at Aston Martin:

"Will he be good? I think yes he will. But I hope we will be infront of him."

Binotto is hyping the next season for us

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Binotto on whether Vettel will be good at Aston Martin:

"Will he be good? I think yes he will. But I hope we will be infront of him."

Binotto is hyping the next season for us

...as we are also... since 2008...

So what if ferrari give vetal inferior parts the remaining races are for information gathering and testing for next year.Charles has the priority seb is doing his part as a highly paid test mule he can take it or leave it.shumacher can take his place for the remaining races.seb can then start hanging out of racing points garage warming up to his new team i wish set luck.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    ...as we are also... since 2008...

Sebastian’s car stopped at the side of the track because of a trivial electrical fault that has already been fixed."

The electrical fault was with his radio. It went on and said Let Charles pass!

Scarperia, 11 September 2020 – This morning, shortly after 11, the two SF1000s took to the track in their special Burgundy livery, the deep red originally seen on the 125 S, the very first Ferrari ever built, to complete their installation lap to kick off the Maranello marque’s 1000th Grand Prix in Formula 1. At this historic moment, fans in the grandstand applauded as Charles Leclerc and Sebastian Vettel drove out of the garage. It was a very symbolic and important moment, combining the legend and tradition of the Prancing Horse with the much awaited presence of fans in the grandstands for the first time this season, their absence down to the current pandemic.

Two GPs. The Prancing Horse has owned the Mugello circuit since 1988, so this was very much a home race for the team, whose two SF1000s completed a total of 120 laps of the 5.245 kilometre long track, almost the equivalent of two race distances in Sunday’s Toscana-Ferrari 1000 Grand Prix. The team worked through its usual programme, focused on fine tuning the car and evaluating the tyres, Pirelli having supplied their three hardest compounds for this weekend.

FP1. Charles and Seb did 27 laps each, while working on different programmes at first. For the first 40 minutes Charles ran the Medium tyres and Sebastian used Hard. Leclerc set a time of 1’19”468 and his team-mate posted a 1’21”333. Work then switched to qualifying mode running Soft tyres with which Charles did a 1’18”186, third fastest in the session and Seb was 13th with a 1’19”267.

FP2. The afternoon session was red flagged twice: the first after Lando Norris went off in the McLaren and the second after Sergio Perez and Kimi Raikkonen collided at turn 1. The stops slightly affected the Scuderia’s programme as its drivers only managed one qualifying-type lap with Leclerc doing a 1’18”400, which was slower than his morning time and Vettel a 1’18”498. The drivers had switched programmes with Charles this time starting on the Hard tyres and Sebastian evaluated the Mediums. Towards the end, both drivers ran in race configuration with various tyre compounds and fuel loads. On his last lap, Sebastian’s car stopped at the side of the track because of a trivial electrical fault that has already been fixed.

Programme. The cars are back on track tomorrow at 12 for the final hour of practice prior to qualifying, which starts at 3pm. The Toscana-Ferrari 1000 Grand Prix will start at 15.10 on Sunday 13 September.

Charles Leclerc #16
    “Driving an F1 car around this circuit is unbelievable. In all the fast sections it’s pretty impressive. I think it’s going to be quite a tough race, physically, as already in the long run we’ve done in FP2 the neck starts to feel it! The lack of run-off areas will also make it difficult, but I guess this is what we like as well. The first session went well but maybe where we ended up in the second one is a more realistic picture, when we struggled a bit on the hard tyre.
    We also need to work on the balance, as we are not really there yet. It’s all very close but I think we can make a positive step tomorrow. I am optimistic.”

Sebastian Vettel #5
    “It was an interesting day. Mugello is a very nice track which is very enjoyable for the driver, even if it is quite brutal on tyres. I’m still not happy with the balance of the car.
    We are working on it and there’s still plenty to do, but it is Friday, and this is what Fridays are for. I think that there’s the potential to find a better set-up on the car and that we will find some small things. I’m confident we can improve it for qualifying.”
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Charles sounds quite positive. Feels like there's a real chance of a top 5 finish here, maybe even better?

I can't stop laughing at the names of curves 8 & 9 !! Arrabbiata 1 & Arrabbiata 2 . Tremendous rage, anger , to blow up !

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    I can't stop laughing at the names of curves 8 & 9 !! Arrabbiata 1 & Arrabbiata 2 . Tremendous rage, anger , to blow up !
    We've got used to being molto arrabbiato this season, with some luck maybe we can have a clean race for a change.

and weather is nice too

Not able to understand why vettel is so far off Leclerc.
    Last year avg quali gap between Lec & vettel = 0.15