Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Tuscan GP 2020 Free practice & qualy

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Not able to understand why vettel is so far off Leclerc.
    Last year avg quali gap between Lec & vettel = 0.15
    Charles is so much better driver, and this track shows who is who, I think so

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    Charles is so much better driver, and this track shows who is who, I think so
    Agree but last year too these drivers were team mates right? Gap was never in this range which we are seeing now.

Agree but last year too these drivers were team mates right? Gap was never in this range which we are seeing now.
    Charles getting more confident and Seb losing confidence and motivation

Charles getting more confident and Seb losing confidence and motivation
    Latifi- Williams is faster than vettel.

Latifi- Williams is faster than vettel.
    I'm faster than Vettel on my bicycle

we will see if this is real picture in quali too, should be, because no party mode
    I mean Max and Mercs hamburger

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    I'm faster than Vettel on my bicycle
    It’s F1 not any bi-cycle show

Will alpha tauri finish in front of ferrari and upstage them again in italy.?

we will see if this is real picture in quali too, should be, because no party mode
    I have a feeling that
    1. Vettel doing it purposely. (He doesn’t care anymore?)
    2. Car is different (certainly new parts will not be given to out going driver, correct me if I’m wrong)

No conspiracy...

I have a feeling that
    2. Car is different (certainly new parts will not be given to out going driver, correct me if I’m wrong)

No conspiracy...
    why would he work hard, they fired him, of course he has no motivation, stupid move by Binotto, should have waited to the end of the year

but anyways, this track IMO shows difference with drivers, race in Spa did show difference with cars

why would he work hard, they fired him, of course he has no motivation, stupid move by Binotto, should have waited to the end of the year
    Hmmm might be combination of both and yes he should handled at the end of the year.

I have a feeling that

No conspiracy...
    No, there is no conspiracy, you are very right.
    But Vettel not caring........he is a racingdriver, they always care.
    Car different, could be.
    But for me, the car is very difficult. Vettel fights the car, but Leclerc is a dancer. He is one of those rare talents who can do that with a car but he is always in the lead. They let the car do what it can do, and by doing that he gets everything out of it.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Vettel is simply not as good as Leclerc when both are in a mediocre car with that being said I can bet my money that he is still a top 5 driver and would drive circles around anyone who is not named Leclerc, Verstappen, Hamilton and Ricciardo. The SF1000 looks like a pain to drive.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

It is a combination of Leclerc getting better and Vettel not adapting. If both were driving a Mercedes, the gap would be -0.2 seconds in favour of Leclerc. The same thing happened with Kimi and Nando in 2014. Alonso was better of course, but the gap was greatly exaggerated by the car being hard to drive.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Charles has already beaten Vettel in every category possible last year, and he will keep on improving. So, him beating Vettel is not surprising.

But the focus shouldn't be on Leclerc vs Vettel, the focus should be on Ferrari. How can a team like Ferrari, with their perpetual money and resources performing like the way they are now? I think we all know the answer.

TBH, I don't want Leclerc and Sainz to suffer same fate as Alonso, and by some lesser extent, Vettel has suffered. But I'm also can't see any light at the end of the tunnel either. It's a team that lacks diverse workforce, 99.9% of Ferrari's entire workforce is Italian, and it seems keeping the team "Italian" is more important than on-track performance.

Vet wants a specific type of car with great rear end.
    When the car is perfect for his linens he is one of the fastest drivers out there if not THE fastest!!!!!
    The problem begins when the car is not perfect and worse. Then he start losing speed/confidence compare to the other top drivers like Lec,Ham,Ves,Alo.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    Vettel is simply not as good as Leclerc when both are in a mediocre car with that being said I can bet my money that he is still a top 5 driver and would drive circles around anyone who is not named Leclerc, Verstappen, Hamilton and Ricciardo. The SF1000 looks like a pain to drive.
    And the same group of people who have designed the current car and cheated with last years engine are going to anchor Ferrari towards a new "winning cycle" starting from 2022? LOL.

And no, it's not a dig towards your post, it's a dig towards Ferrari's current top brass.

Yup vettel can’t adapt worse car, that’s the difference.

Yup vettel can’t adapt worse car, that’s the difference.
    Vettel's performance is also swinging very wildly. In Styrian and Hungarian Grand Prix, he was faster than Leclerc. Then suddenly in the next race (Silverstone), he was almost a second slower than Leclerc.

Optimistic about third-row chances provided Charles can nail S2 in Q2 and Q3. Hopefully he can beat Pérez, Sainz, Gasly, Albon and Ocon at least. Sadly don't think Stroll is within reach here. From P6 I think he's favourite to finish in the top four.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Vettel's performance is also swinging very wildly. In Styrian and Hungarian Grand Prix, he was faster than Leclerc. Then suddenly in the next race (Silverstone), he was almost a second slower than Leclerc.
    Both in Styria and Hungary, he outqualified Leclerc by less than a tenth (in Hungary in particular Leclerc had a bit of snap oversteer right at the final corner before the main straight). In Vettel's defence, Silverstone was always a weak track for him and the fact that he couldn't fully take part in FP sessions didn't help either.

When Vettel outqualified Leclerc, it was usually by less than a tenth while when Leclerc outqualifies Vettel, it is an average of 2-3 tenths.

Quote Originally Posted by xlr8 View Post
    Charles has already beaten Vettel in every category possible last year, and he will keep on improving. So, him beating Vettel is not surprising.

But the focus shouldn't be on Leclerc vs Vettel, the focus should be on Ferrari. How can a team like Ferrari, with their perpetual money and resources performing like the way they are now? I think we all know the answer.

TBH, I don't want Leclerc and Sainz to suffer same fate as Alonso, and by some lesser extent, Vettel has suffered. But I'm also can't see any light at the end of the tunnel either. It's a team that lacks diverse workforce, 99.9% of Ferrari's entire workforce is Italian, and it seems keeping the team "Italian" is more important than on-track performance.
    I don't believe it's an official policy, they are clearly trying to recruit people from other countries.

Quote Originally Posted by xlr8 View Post

It's a team that lacks diverse workforce, 99.9% of Ferrari's entire workforce is Italian, and it seems keeping the team "Italian" is more important than on-track performance.
    Italian car manufacturers also are NOT into hybridization.

Germany is.....Porsche, Audi, Mercedes, and BMW. Especially in motorsports with Porsche and Audi in LMP1 and Mercedes in F1.

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    I don't believe it's an official policy, they are clearly trying to recruit people from other countries.
    Yes, Ferrari is trying to recruit and have recruited from outside Italy.....but they are not the best or lack the expertise in hybridizaton, engineering, aerodynamacists, strategists, etc.

Porsche and Audi(Team Joest) are out of LMP1 at WEC......Ferrari should recruit from those outfits. They were powerhouses in WEC in the LMP1.

IF Ferrari has recruited from those outfits, then the problem is the move to Italy....which will be on on-going problem or dilemma.

Just because your Ferrari, does'nt mean the best are going to up-and-move to live in Italy.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Here we go, good luck to our guys

Camilleri is in the Ferrari garage.

Both drivers into Q2..

Albon's speed is not good for us for tomorrow, sigh.

Pffffff........Vettel............
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Leclerc is where we need him to be, but Vettel was atrocious.

Still disappointed though because I had taken into account that we'd be faster than Albon over one lap and that we're not is going to cost best of the rest tomorrow, even if we make the third row.