Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Tuscan GP 2020 Free practice & qualy

According to Movistar, Christian Horner himself contacted Checo last week to ask about his current situation (re: not having a seat) as they are in search for a driver because promoting Pierre to RB again isn't an option

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    why would he work hard, they fired him, of course he has no motivation, stupid move by Binotto, should have waited to the end of the year

Except driver's contracts are almost never left to the end of the year. They are always negotiated during the year and usually we find out after the break where driver's are going. I see nothing wrong with the way Ferrari handled Vettle. they were straight with him, told him that they were going after another driver and gave him lots of time to look for another drive. if they did it at the end of the season, he would have probably not had a drive next year.

Horner also mentioned Nico Hülkenberg during his Sky Germany interview (when asked about potential available drivers) but tbh Checo and his sponsors could bring some money in, which of course you can argue that RB doesn't need but they still lose Aston Martin next year so.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Except driver's contracts are almost never left to the end of the year. They are always negotiated during the year and usually we find out after the break where driver's are going. I see nothing wrong with the way Ferrari handled Vettle. they were straight with him, told him that they were going after another driver and gave him lots of time to look for another drive. if they did it at the end of the season, he would have probably not had a drive next year.
    It might be good with other normal drivers. But to a 4 time WDC, there’s other way to handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by Liscia View Post
    So very tired of watching Vettel's pathetic an debasing efforts (is he even trying?) in an admittedly weak car that Charles Leclerc can extract so much more from. Please Ferrari sideline him for the rest of the season somehow.

I agree. I'm starting to feel almost embarassed for him. Maybe before he ruins his reputation too much, he should step aside and Ferrari should bring in one of our reserves.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    It might be good with other normal drivers. But to a 4 time WDC, there’s other way to handle it.
    Like how? Waiting to the last race to say..." oh by the way, you're not driving for us anymore. good luck next year."

Like how? Waiting to the last race to say..." oh by the way, you're not driving for us anymore. good luck next year."
    that would be better. Becoz results are important for the team irrespective of the driver.

I'm writing off next season too, just because we need to concentrate on 2022 because if you start on the back foot in a new formula, as you can see, it's so hard to catch up. That being said, it will be better than this year. It's worth developing the engine and that should be able to bring us up to consistently challenging the Tracing Point if not Red Fools.

If we could get some engine directives that hurt the others, that would REALLY make things interesting next year.

I agree. I'm starting to feel almost embarassed for him. Maybe before he ruins his reputation too much, he should step aside and Ferrari should bring in one of our reserves.
    Who could we bring? Giovinazzi? Wehrlein? I am willing to bet my money that both of them would do worse than him and would get destroyed even worse by Leclerc.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    Who could we bring? Giovinazzi? Wehrlein? I am willing to bet my money that both of them would do worse than him and would get destroyed even worse by Leclerc.
    They or others would be new to the car and it wouldn't be as embarrassing as it is watching Vettel throw everything away. Frankly I'm not expecting him to improve much next year either though he'll have the (another) excuse of saying he's new to the Aston-Mercedes half-breed team.

P5 for Charles was a great effort, but I don't think he'll have the power to defend from those behind him. As for Seb, P14 is embarrassing and he seems incapable of getting the best out the car whereas Charles manages to extract what little performance and balance there is. Mugello have done a great job to get the circuit ready. Just hoping for a clean start/race and some points would be a big boost for us all.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    P5 for Charles was a great effort, but I don't think he'll have the power to defend from those behind him. As for Seb, P14 is embarrassing and he seems incapable of getting the best out the car whereas Charles manages to extract what little performance and balance there is. Mugello have done a great job to get the circuit ready. Just hoping for a clean start/race and some points would be a big boost for us all.
    No one knows why he is so slow, even Kimi in his Alfa Romeo is faster than him.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    No one knows why he is so slow, even Kimi in his Alfa Romeo is faster than him.
    Its the car not the driver. You see Seb has no motivation to even fight for whatever. The way they destroyed his confidence is mindblowing.

The same will be the case for Charles if he dont deliver the title in 4 years. Mark my words and then the new guy will come. With this thinking ferrari wont win anything in a least 3 or more years. Maybe a odd win or two I am calling it now. With Seb they lost an amazing driver with a lot of experience.

Seb in 2015-2018 was like a new guy, very fast gave Mercedes the run for money. And now ferrari is nowhere.

If i was there I wouldnt even drive anymore.

Thank god the suffering is nearly over.
    Last edited by Vettel165; 12th September 2020 at 19:59.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Its the car not the driver. You see Seb has no motivation to even fight for whatever. The way they destroyed his confidence is mindblowing.

The same will be the case for Charles if he dont Deliver the title in 4 years. Mark my words and then the new guy will come. With this thinking ferrari wont anything in a least 3 or more years. Maybe a odd win or two I am calling it now. With Seb they lost an amazing driver with a lot of experience.

Seb in 2015-2018 was like a new guy, very fast give Mercedes the run for money. And now ferrari is nowhere.

If i was there I wouldnt even drive anymore.

Thank god the suffering is nearly over.
    We say the same about you !!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by elnano14 View Post
    I defended Vettel against people like Tifosi93 - a true anti-Seb, but @Vettel165 you're not different than him
    There are plenty of reasons of me being "anti-Seb". He has already pulled a sleazy stunt with his contract announcement with TP on Ferrari's 1000 GP weekend. And his performance today is another big reason of why Ferrari decided to get rid of him.

But, I have never ever insulted or made derogatory comments about another person because of their skin color, unlike Vettel165. Vettel165 is a racist who deserved to get a permanent ban after his comment about Hamilton. But he only got a suspension.

You'd do better to remember that next time, before lumping me with a racist like Vettel165.

Dont believe that with Hamiltons luck he wont be never beaten by a team mate again. An overrated driver with a always dominant car. Verstappen would drive circles with him.

Shamilton is the luckiest driver alive. If Bottas is soo close to him in qualy imagine what max and maybe Charles would do in the same car. I see Charles as the qualy King also and usually his race pace is a little bit lacking.

You might not like me but my posts are direct and open what I am thinking in the moment. No Bulls..t.
    You know, I am a Ferrarifan. Hamilton is Mercedesdriver. But I will never underestimate him, nor will Ferrari do that. Like him or not, he is a terrific racingdriver and not just a lucky guy. He is one of the very best, and he always delivers.
    Verstappen would not drive circles around him and neither would Charles. Could they beat him? Maybe, time will tell.
    But one thing is certain: Sebastian Vettel could not beat him, even when he had the car to do it.
    So I suggest you be careful before you call a driver overrated again, because where would that put your beloved Vettel?
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

On topic, today's qualifying again showed that Ferrari has made a big step forward in aero performance. With last years engine, and with a driver like Charles, this car would've fought for the WDC this year.

Mercedes: Bottas 26.881 in the sector 1, Hamilton 20.649 in the sector 2, Bottas 27.584 in the sector 3.

Red Bull: Max 27.037 in the sector 1, 20.843 in the sector 2 and 27.562 in the sector 3.

Ferrari: Charles 27.343 in the sector 1, 20.931 in the sector 2 and 27.858 in the sector 3.

So overall Ferrari's worst sector is the sector 1 where Charles lost nearly 5 tenths to Hamilton and more than 3 tenths to Max.

You can see they are using Seb car as a mule car for next year. So they are testing thing on his car if
    things felt apart engine or chassis is not good they just dont do similar than to Charles. A big big joke. Seb probably dont get a single Update in this car. Ferrari will get a curse karma for this. You will not win the wdc for 10 years from now on. The way the are handling a 4 time world champion is a big joke.
    Why do you still post here?
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Why do you still post here?
    One word: frustration.

Seb is just embarrassing himself beyond ridiculous. It is seb that is embarrising and not ferrari.He does not even seriously try.charles is miles ahead and next year will also be hard yards for seb he is done and dusted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    I'm writing off next season too, just because we need to concentrate on 2022 because if you start on the back foot in a new formula, as you can see, it's so hard to catch up. That being said, it will be better than this year. It's worth developing the engine and that should be able to bring us up to consistently challenging the Tracing Point if not Red Fools.

If we could get some engine directives that hurt the others, that would REALLY make things interesting next year.
    Next year will be complete 180 degree if the engine turns out to be great again. Ferrari has already made a big step forward with the aero this year. And now we need another big step next year.

what are you Tony some sort of male witch.What a load of crap curse my ass.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    what are you Tony some sort of male witch.What a load of crap curse my ass.
    Why would you curse your donkey?

Ferrari are improving week by week it will take time but its happening.Ferrari are using seb as a test mule the difference is he does not even know it. Ferrari are under no obligation of telling him anything unless it is of a safey concern.The highest paid test driver in history.

Ciao Paolo! If they are using Seb/his car for testing then nothing they've used seems successful so far? (With all due respects fellow tifoso:)

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    There are plenty of reasons of me being "anti-Seb". He has already pulled a sleazy stunt with his contract announcement with TP on Ferrari's 1000 GP weekend. And his performance today is another big reason of why Ferrari decided to get rid of him.

But, I have never ever insulted or made derogatory comments about another person because of their skin color, unlike Vettel165. Vettel165 is a racist who deserved to get a permanent ban after his comment about Hamilton. But he only got a suspension.

You'd do better to remember that next time, before lumping me with a racist like Vettel165.
    Ob dear oh dear. Your posts are really silly.
    Wont even react more in a detail. Its not worth it to argue over the internet. But maybe just one more thing to add about this.

I will stay here for at least some months. The moment when Seb will leave the team I will be gone.

Like Seb said everyone is a Ferrari fan if i quote him. Also I liked Ferrari much much better under Schumacher era and when Kimi and Massa were there. The team was more sympatic to like them.

I was also a Mclaren and Hakinnen fan in early 20s but respected both of drivers Michael and Hakinnen. They way they respected and treated each other was awesome. You should learn from them with this, so you can respect other people s opinion in the future.
    Last edited by Vettel165; 12th September 2020 at 20:10.

Oh no, next year's car has to be better. I don't mind if it's not the best due to the 2022 focus but it has to be up there. It has to win a few races. It's important for Ferrari, surely.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

@ Vettel165:
    Maybe you have mistaken one thing being a Vettel fan: Ferrari is not about drivers, Ferrari is about Ferrari. And so is this forum. Ferrari is always more important than any driver. It's about the team, the passion, the hunger. And Ferrari is above all. No driver will ever be above the team. We respect them because they share our passion and give their all for the team. But the moment they can't deliver anymore, they have to go. They are there for the team, for the name Ferrari and for the win. They know that the moment they walk in. It's just the way it is.
    And now you dislike Ferrari for firing your favorite driver. The team doesn't do that because they don't like the man Vettel, they have to do it because he does not bring Ferrari what he is hired for.
    That's just the way it is.
    It's Ferrari. Above anything or anyone else.

I've seen a few posts here suggesting that Ferrari have taken a significant step forward with the aero this year and that they are gradually improving week by week. I hope that's true because that's good news. I wish next season was starting tomorrow already. I can't wait!
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    I've seen a few posts here suggesting that Ferrari have taken a significant step forward with the aero this year and that they are gradually improving week by week. I hope that's true because that's good news. I wish next season was starting tomorrow already. I can't wait!
    It looks a pretty good car aero wise. We cant use it to its optimal set up ,bacause that will lead us being tragicaly slow in the straights ,so it will be useless. So we end up unloading the wings as much as we can to have a desent speed and thet causing us balance problems!!All this is the results of last years engine saga.
    The other thing is that we still have some troubles in the slow sections of the tracks .We are not quite there on the machanical grip / chassis !!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!