Thread: Tuscan GP 2020 Free practice & qualy

Tuscan GP 2020 Free practice & qualy

FP1 due to start at 11am local time.
    What can we expect from this race?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    FP1 due to start at 11am local time.
    What can we expect from this race?
    A good show from ferrari, not a repeat of last 2 races

This track, much like Silverstone is fast and flowy and is more notorious for killing tyres. I predict that we start P7-P8, one stop our way (thanks to our superior tyre efficient car) to P4-P5. But if the Mercedes kills its tyres fast enough, we can expect a podium.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

I expect nothing, probably p11, p10 in Q3, and than being p9, p8 max in the race. Chassis is pretty bad, engine even worse. This track has way to many high speed corners, and also is a track with a lot of time being on full throttle. Being in the points will feel like a win.

I am feeling a Max win this time.

High temps, High track temps too.

What tyres been bought?
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

I expect a beautiful looking car. That's what I'll be focusing on this weekend, not the race.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Quote Originally Posted by Alonsomaniac View Post
    I expect a beautiful looking car. That's what I'll be focusing on this weekend, not the race.
    The car look beautiful in the burgundy, same as the 125.

No way moving up field this year. Mattio has said, this year is gone. People got sit back and enjky watching race.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    High temps, High track temps too.

What tyres been bought?
    isn't it set allocations this year?

I have no idea. Have not really followed to close.

Just saw the temps and thought could be in for another good ine if the softer compounds been bought again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    I have no idea. Have not really followed to close.

Just saw the temps and thought could be in for another good ine if the softer compounds been bought again.
    Come on Rob you know that's unlikely given how the mercs struggled a little bit last time.

The sad fiddle about the current ferrari is well worn, same old rhetoric we all know just how bad it is.Try and look on the brite side like 1000gp no team will repeat this, charles the best young talent on the grid no doubt, ferrari itself for evolving and pushing limits even though it has not worked out and of course the stunning Tuscany just to name a few.

Crofty is such a hater.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Such a beautiful track. Hope they keep it.

Driver should make more of a pronounced difference here.
    Last edited by killer; 11th September 2020 at 10:25.

Quote Originally Posted by killer View Post
    Such a beautiful track. Hope they keep it.

Driver should make more of a pronounced difference here.
    Yeah, and it looks like Charles is shining all ready.

Hardest compound if i remember correctly. This track is similar to Silverstone when it comes to the tyres. Pirelli doesn't want to risk it.

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    Crofty is such a hater.
    So very true. What crap is spewing out of his mouth today?

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    Hardest compound if i remember correctly. This track is similar to Silverstone when it comes to the tyres. Pirelli doesn't want to risk it.
    Like I said they won't want to face the wrath of merc again so soon.

Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    So very true. What crap is spewing out of his mouth today?
    Just going on about how Ferrari might be using very low level of fuel to get on top of the time sheets despite doing a stint that is comparable to the others. I really can't understand if he is sarcastic or genuinely clueless.

P3 in the first, not bad!

Might be a chance of second row on the grid here with race modes in? *whispers*

Hard to tell what the pink cheats will be up to yet, but at least it appears as though Charles will have a chance to go quite deep in Q3 considering what S2 on this track is like.

Clueless

Just going on about how Ferrari might be using very low level of fuel to get on top of the time sheets despite doing a stint that is comparable to the others. I really can't understand if he is sarcastic or genuinely clueless.
    I've never heard the man say a sincere word about Ferrari whatsoever, it's always snide remarks or little patronising digs here and there, the same goes for kravitz.

True ferrari passion from Charles with seb who knows.One thing is crystal clear charles is very FAST.

I've never heard the man say a sincere word about Ferrari whatsoever, it's always snide remarks or little patronising digs here and there, the same goes for kravitz.
    The man must have been crying himself to sleep back when Michael was destroying the whole grid and now just taking guilty pleasure with the current state of the team. I hope the boys and girls at Maranello work extremely hard to show this man his place.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    True ferrari passion from Charles with seb who knows.One thing is crystal clear charles is very FAST.
    I'm sure Seb is doing his best too (or else he risks crashing his stock to an even lower level). It's just that Charles is probably the best driver on the grid when it comes to raw pace and adaptability. Maybe this period in his career could be his best lesson in fine tuning his skill and would one day look back to acknowledge it.

Probably glory runs but FPs is good indicator of our performance so far (Spa, Monza etc).

Like I said they won't want to face the wrath of merc again so soon.
    To be honest i dont think its about Mercedes. There's massive stress on tyres, especially at turn 4 and 5. Mercedes looks so planted, they're going flatout. I dont think they have competition here, no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    Probably glory runs but FPs is good indicator of our performance so far (Spa, Monza etc).
    Charles was quite confident in the press conference yesterday and so far, he has been quite a reliable source on the car. So, I don't think it exactly is a glory run but I am not fully convinced otherwise either. We will only know tomorrow.

Charles was quite confident in the press conference yesterday and so far, he has been quite a reliable source on the car. So, I don't think it exactly is a glory run but I am not fully convinced otherwise either. We will only know tomorrow.
    Given Charles would've finished P4 in Spain with a lowly starting position on a track where overtaking is even worse than here, I'm confident that can be repeated this weekend. Especially since I do expect us to qualify better now that cars with the other engines have been castrated in qualifying trim.

Here we have one massive overtake/zone, so no problems with overtaking, but do we have power to overtake, maybe not

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    Here we have one massive overtake/zone, so no problems with overtaking, but do we have power to overtake, maybe not
    If we get within the first three rows we won't need to, because we have better tyre wear than those around us. I fully expect one stop for us and two for the direct competitors.