Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Tuscan GP 2020 Race Thread

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    I bet, that any one else did something similar to that, would be punished for sure!!!!!
    Anyone else would get a reprimand.

Lewis is covering up vital sponsors on his Mercedes AMG Petronas shirt.....but since he's black and pushing this "racial" agenda and a mulitple WDC champion......he can get away with it.

Also, last week remember Lewis running up the stairs to the stewards during a red flag to talk to the stewards about the imposed stop and go penalty imposed on him??? Now why did he physically have to do that???? Is it possible he's using his "influence" to possibly sway the stewards to overturn the penalty??? Are not Team Principals supposed to interact with the stewards regarding said penalties mposed on said drivers??? It was'nt against the rules to do what Lewis did by talking to the stewards himself, but at the same time IMO it was'nt proper to do either.

Seb is a 4x WDC and there have been penalties imposed on him and sure he has voiced over team radio of said penalties.....but he's never gotten out of his car to talk to the stewards directly to voice his concerns....he has let the Team Principal do it...as well as other F1 drivers whom have had imposed penalties imposed on them.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Until a driver starts beating Lewis then its his play ground mercedes created this monster with there manipulated and self serving hybrid era which was hatched 2 years before its approval the culprits involved in the hybrid fiasco can hold there heads high and cheer on how they have destroyed f1.Now behind the scenes one of them is trying desperately to undo what he was part of realising the damage.The fia would have been better turning a blind eye to the unproven illegal ferrari engine to have a real fight between ferrari and mercedes but they got scared.To many self serving interests at stake.

What a difference again. Charles did everything he could do with the vcar, but he just could not keep up. But he stays calm, feels sad for Ferrari and his team and says WE have to work.
    Max again went completly nuts and of course blamed the team.........and the I thought: Hm, last year you insulted Ferrari by calling them cheaters and now you have 2 DNF's on Italian circuits.....didn't have Alonse a word for that? Something like.....KARMA?
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Anyone else would get a reprimand.

Lewis is covering up vital sponsors on his Mercedes AMG Petronas shirt.....but since he's black and pushing this "racial" agenda and a mulitple WDC champion......he can get away with it.

Also, last week remember Lewis running up the stairs to the stewards during a red flag to talk to the stewards about the imposed stop and go penalty imposed on him??? Now why did he physically have to do that???? Is it possible he's using his "influence" to possibly sway the stewards to overturn the penalty??? Are not Team Principals supposed to interact with the stewards regarding said penalties mposed on said drivers??? It was'nt against the rules to do what Lewis did by talking to the stewards himself, but at the same time IMO it was'nt proper to do either.

Seb is a 4x WDC and there have been penalties imposed on him and sure he has voiced over team radio of said penalties.....but he's never gotten out of his car to talk to the stewards directly to voice his concerns....he has let the Team Principal do it...as well as other F1 drivers whom have had imposed penalties imposed on them.
    As far as Lewis' campaign against racism is concerned, I think he is getting carried away too far. He should not do it like this by dragging the discussion into the sports too much.

But last week, him going to the stewards, I don't see a problem. There was a red flag, so he had all the time he needed to go there. He had not seen the signs on track, so he went to the stewards just to ask them what they had seen. They had no problem with that whatsoever, they showed him the tape and he immediately agreed they were right. I think it was quite normal that he wanted to see it with his own eyes and there was plenty of time to do that.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Tax dodge ferrari making to much money.

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    Is the SF1000 the worst car we have built since 1980?

The 1991 car was good enough for higher midfield and the same for the cars till 1995.

The 1996 car had the second best engine but just a pain to drive.

The F60 (2009 car) improved massively after mid season.

The F14T was truly midfield in everything.

The SF1000 is outright at the back end of the field on everything. No speed in the corners or straights, a pain to drive, non-optimum chassis, mediocre reliability and inconsistent tyre wear.

The only saving grace we had was our drivers. Alain in 1991, Michael in 1996, Kimi in 2009, Fernando in 2014 and now Charles in 2020.
    Certainly ranks up there with some of the worst. Enzo Ferrari must be turning over in his grave over the current state of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by JPMFerrari View Post
    Certainly ranks up there with some of the worst. Enzo Ferrari must be turning over in his grave over the current state of the team.
    The old man has seen his cars getting destroyed, lapped and outright humiliated. If there is one person who would understand that it is part of the game, it would be him.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by crbassassin View Post
    He should wear one that says it's ok to kill sleeping black people?
    Are you BLM fanatics freaking insane? This is USA we are talking about! People are legaly holding weapons and if a criminal will not listen to what police man says and will do anything he wants, ignore him, grab something from a car, tries to escape, what shoud they do? Let him go? Let him kill them? I am all for police to do their job and if a criminal is thinking he doesn't have to listen to the police, he deserves to die for his idiocy. Black, white, yellow, green or purple. Sorry.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Is the SF1000 the worst car we have built since 1980?

The 1991 car was good enough for higher midfield and the same for the cars till 1995.

The 1996 car had the second best engine but just a pain to drive.

The F60 (2009 car) improved massively after mid season.

The F14T was truly midfield in everything.

The SF1000 is outright at the back end of the field on everything. No speed in the corners or straights, a pain to drive, non-optimum chassis, mediocre reliability and inconsistent tyre wear.

The only saving grace we had was our drivers. Alain in 1991, Michael in 1996, Kimi in 2009, Fernando in 2014 and now Charles in 2020.
    The car itself (chassis) isn't bad at all. In Mugello, Ferrari was most competitive in the high speed sector 2, where the track has most corners. But they gave away almost 7 tenths-1 seconds in the sector 1 because of the straight, and 2-4 tenths in the last sector, from the last corner to the start finish line. Leclerc was reaching 285 km/h at the start finish, Stroll as an example was reaching 302 km/h. That's a big speed deficit.

And due to the lack of power, they are running a trimmed down package, sacrificing downforce-reducing drag. But sacrificing downforce is affecting the tyres.

Taken all things in to consideration, the SF1000 "chassis wise" is a good car. Engine power is relevant everywhere, and Ferrari is also giving away precious tenths to others on corners as well due to the lack of power. If this car had last years engine, it would've been a very good car.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    The car itself (chassis) isn't bad at all. In Mugello, Ferrari was most competitive in the high speed sector 2, where the track has most corners. But they gave away almost 7 tenths-1 seconds in the sector 1 because of the straight, and 2-4 tenths in the last sector, from the last corner to the start finish line. Leclerc was reaching 285 km/h at the start finish, Stroll as an example was reaching 302 km/h. That's a big speed deficit.

And due to the lack of power, they are running a trimmed down package, sacrificing downforce-reducing drag. But sacrificing downforce is affecting the tyres.

Taken all things in to consideration, the SF1000 "chassis wise" is a good car. Engine power is relevant everywhere, and Ferrari is also giving away precious tenths to others on corners as well due to the lack of power. If this car had last years engine, it would've been a very good car.
    That's what I said. The chassis is non-optimum. It was built for a better, much powerful engine. But now that it is anywhere from 20-50 HP down on power, for what the chassis was actually designed for, the chassis becomes a liability. Maybe the same car with the same chassis would do much better with a more powerful engine next year but right now we are stuck with this unholy abomination.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

That's what I said. The chassis is non-optimum. It was built for a better, much powerful engine. But now that it is anywhere from 20-50 HP down on power, for what the chassis was actually designed for, the chassis becomes a liability. Maybe the same car with the same chassis would do much better with a more powerful engine next year but right now we are stuck with this unholy abomination.
    Let's hope next years engine is a monster. If they can regain the lost power of 2019, it will solve 90% of the current problem.
    And they need to focus on adding as much downforce as possible and forget about aero efficiency.

There are 3 issues to address
    1. Engine
    2. Aero package
    3. Race pace

On the engine side, may be they will overcome it next year as they are currently testing it on dyno.
    Aero package, this Should be good if not the best. Even with 2nd best aero package, from the engine we can cover it up Leclerc Will do the rest.
    Race pace, this is very important aspect where ferrari is currently lacking very much. We saw 2019 car, it has powerful engine with not good aero package. Even though it is on pole loosing heavily in race & with tyres.

I hope ferrari gets it right & at least take a fight to RB if not mercs next season.

it's a shame there is no Monaco GP this year. Would have been a nice home race for Charles, where engine power is a little less important.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    it's a shame there is no Monaco GP this year. Would have been a nice home race for Charles, where engine power is a little less important.
    Even Singapore would have been nice. A track where both Seb and Charles are incredible and requires high downforce.

Even Singapore would have been nice. A track where both Seb and Charles are incredible and requires high downforce.
    yeah, just our luck that both of these are off the calendar

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    yeah, just our luck that both of these are off the calendar
    Can you imagine how awesome it would have been if the new tracks this year were in last year?

Lewis Hamilton faces FIA investigation for wearing 'political' shirt in honour of Breonna Taylor - an African-American woman who was fatally shot by police officers earlier this year

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/09...0018036496.jpg

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/09...0018048972.jpg

Lewis Hamilton faces an FIA investigation for wearing a 'political' T-shirt at Sunday's Tuscan Grand Prix.

The world champion sported the slogan, 'Arrest the cops who killed Breonna Taylor', referring to a 26-year-old medical technician in Louisville, Kentucky, who was fatally shot after her boyfriend opened fire on police during a drugs search at their house on March 13.

Hamilton wore the shirt during the 'taking a knee' ceremony and on the podium as God Save the Queen played to celebrate his 90th career win.

The Kentucky Attorney General is still investigating the killing, which has led to riots in America, so Hamilton's intervention is seen by several senior F1 figures as being potentially 'political'.

FIA statutes forbid political statements of any kind.

Hamilton could be fined, with one official privately indicating to Sportsmail the Mercedes man had 'crossed a line'.

The FIA and the sport's owners Liberty Media have previously tried hard to work with him on his anti-racism fight.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...na-Taylor.html

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Lewis Hamilton faces FIA investigation for wearing 'political' shirt in honour of Breonna Taylor - an African-American woman who was fatally shot by police officers earlier this year

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/09...0018036496.jpg

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/09...0018048972.jpg

Lewis Hamilton faces an FIA investigation for wearing a 'political' T-shirt at Sunday's Tuscan Grand Prix.

The world champion sported the slogan, 'Arrest the cops who killed Breonna Taylor', referring to a 26-year-old medical technician in Louisville, Kentucky, who was fatally shot after her boyfriend opened fire on police during a drugs search at their house on March 13.

Hamilton wore the shirt during the 'taking a knee' ceremony and on the podium as God Save the Queen played to celebrate his 90th career win.

The Kentucky Attorney General is still investigating the killing, which has led to riots in America, so Hamilton's intervention is seen by several senior F1 figures as being potentially 'political'.

FIA statutes forbid political statements of any kind.

Hamilton could be fined, with one official privately indicating to Sportsmail the Mercedes man had 'crossed a line'.

The FIA and the sport's owners Liberty Media have previously tried hard to work with him on his anti-racism fight.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...na-Taylor.html
    Who is ready to bet, that nothing will happen? He will apologize, some social work and maybe some money fine, and that's it!

Who is ready to bet, that nothing will happen? He will apologize, some social work and maybe some money fine, and that's it!
    The sponsors that he covered up with this t-shirt AND that also pay his $50 million annual salary will say something about it.

I think this will be the last we see of his narrative message.

Lewis also has not renewed his contract with Mercedes BUT after yesterdays "politicial message" I'm sure they're going to add some "caveats" to the contract regarding his "political stance."

Yeah, good. Somehow I knew that sooner or later he is going too far. I think Mercedes does not like things like this, he could be out of contract too, every one knows that Mercs would win WDC and WCC without Hamilton too.
    Last edited by KimiBot; 14th September 2020 at 11:27.

Hamilton makes his own life difficult..soon he has no friends at all
    https://www.racefans.net/2020/09/13/...ed-at-restart/

Let's hope next years engine is a monster. If they can regain the lost power of 2019, it will solve 90% of the current problem.
    And they need to focus on adding as much downforce as possible and forget about aero efficiency.
    I really hope next year's engine is much better than this. We can't go through another full season like this. I'm worried about all the talk of focusing on 2022. I understand the logic but it would mean more of the same in 2021,which is really not an option.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Until a driver starts beating Lewis then its his play ground mercedes created this monster with there manipulated and self serving hybrid era which was hatched 2 years before its approval the culprits involved in the hybrid fiasco can hold there heads high and cheer on how they have destroyed f1.Now behind the scenes one of them is trying desperately to undo what he was part of realising the damage.The fia would have been better turning a blind eye to the unproven illegal ferrari engine to have a real fight between ferrari and mercedes but they got scared.To many self serving interests at stake.
    If the FIA truly cared about the 'good of the sport', this year would have been an epic battle between Mercedes and Ferrari.

Now the sport will most likely lose millions of viewers this year and possibly next year as well.

And then there's the added politics in the sport by Hamilton and this has probably reduced viewer numbers as well, while COVID has massively decreased revenue for the sport.

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    If the FIA truly cared about the 'good of the sport', this year would have been an epic battle between Mercedes and Ferrari.

Now the sport will most likely lose millions of viewers this year and possibly next year as well.

And then there's the added politics in the sport by Hamilton and this has probably reduced viewer numbers as well, while COVID has massively decreased revenue for the sport.
    The strange thing about current F1 is that, when Ferrari was dominant, the FIA did everything it could to stop the Schumacher-Ferrari domination. But right now, it seems, the FIA is doing everything it can to let Mercedes run away with the championships.

But what is more strange is that, Ferrari showing no signs of fighting back. They had to shut down the factory for two months, which pretty much screwed up the whole development trajectory. Yet, they still agreed to enforce the in-season engine and chassis freeze rules. I don't get the mindset of Elkann-Camilleri.

But one thing is certain though, if SM was alive, he would've never agreed on such rules.

The strange thing about current F1 is that, when Ferrari was dominant, the FIA did everything it could to stop the Schumacher-Ferrari domination. But right now, it seems, the FIA is doing everything it can to let Mercedes run away with the championships.

But what is more strange is that, Ferrari showing no signs of fighting back. They had to shut down the factory for two months, which pretty much screwed up the whole development trajectory. Yet, they still agreed to enforce the in-season engine and chassis freeze rules. I don't get the mindset of Elkann-Camilleri.

But one thing is certain though, if SM was alive, he would've never agreed on such rules.
    I really don't understand this either. It basically guaranteed this year and probably next year as a complete write-off.

They could surely have cited the closure of the factory due to COVID which severely effected their car development, as a reason not to go with the development freezing rules.

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    I really don't understand this either. It basically guaranteed this year and probably next year as a complete write-off.

They could surely have cited the closure of the factory due to COVID which severely effected their car development, as a reason not to go with the development freezing rules.
    The lack of fight and grit from the management of the team is probably the most disappointing thing about our current predicament.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Ferrari chief keeps harping on how ferrari are in a hole and we know that we are in a hole.Thats fine the tiffosi get that but what is not clear is how on gods earth did you get there.This is what needs addressing truthfully.The ferrari failures have set in now to be normal practice they are in a trance of failure from top to bottom.The italian press are having a field day with them the media bashing will continue at a relentless pace there is no where to hide this catastrophic period for ferrari.One thing is clearly visible since the death of Sergio ferrari have gone out the door faster than a freight train far to many bad desicions and agreements have been made by the top brass; and thats where it starts and ends for ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Ferrari chief keeps harping on how ferrari are in a hole and we know that we are in a hole.Thats fine the tiffosi get that but what is not clear is how on gods earth did you get there.This is what needs addressing truthfully.The ferrari failures have set in now to be normal practice they are in a trance of failure from top to bottom.The italian press are having a field day with them the media bashing will continue at a relentless pace there is no where to hide this catastrophic period for ferrari.One thing is clearly visible since the death of Sergio ferrari have gone out the door faster than a freight train far to many bad desicions and agreements have been made by the top brass; and thats where it starts and ends for ferrari.
    Nothing is more demoralising than Binotto sounding like he doesn't know why we are slow. If the people who are meant to fix our problems don't know what the problems are, what hope do we have? I hope it's just a case of putting up a performance for the media while behind closed doors they are making steady progress. I really hope so.

Someone said the 2021 engine is currently on the dyno. That was encouraging to hear.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by T99 View Post
    Binotto ” vettel has been asking for a few years for a car with a planted rear but we decided to go in a different direction and pushed that concept to the limit and now we have to go back the other way” why would you pay 40M a year to a driver and not give him a car that he likes? Doesn’t make sense
    What does Binotto mean by this? Are they having to go the other way because the route they took failed, or because they've exhausted it and now need to try something different?
    Forza Ferrari

Princess Hamilton apologize? lol keep dreaming. Absolutely nothing will happen, trust me. Maybe behind close doors they will tell him to stop wearing shirts like that/other than BLM.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~