Thread: YOUR Favourite F1 Liveries?

YOUR Favourite F1 Liveries?

So this is a thread I thought about starting during "lockdown" but never got around to doing it.

What have been your favourite F1 liveries down the years?

It doesn't just have to be Ferrari ones, but any team's can be included!

Despite my love of any of the Rosso Scuderia coloured Ferraris of the late 90s and 00s (Done that way because it looked more red on TV) and they'll always be my favourite I fondly remember the Jordon "Buzzing Hornets" and the Orange Arrows liveries.

Jordan_Buzzn_ProductDescriptionPic_large.jpgarrows-a22.jpg

I'm sure there have been more I've liked but those two were from the top of my head.

What about you? Please include pcitures!
    Last edited by 458 Italia; 18th September 2020 at 23:18.

John Player Special livery.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    John Player Special livery.
    Nice

You mean this one?

Attachment 7750

The Mild Seven Renault from 2005.

A little bit off topic but I think the cars from that era (2002-2006) looked more futuristic than what we have now.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Ferrari 2007 and Benetton 2001. Too close to call.

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    The Mild Seven Renault from 2005.

A little bit off topic but I think the cars from that era (2002-2006) looked more futuristic than what we have now.

Seb wanted to buy an F2004 but it was "too expensive." He also said the F2004 was 160 to 170kg lighter than todays cars.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Seb wanted to buy an F2004 but it was "too expensive." He also said the F2004 was 160 to 170kg lighter than todays cars.
    Too expensive, wonder how much. My friend who races in european le mans, and is amateur gt driver, bought felipe massas f2008 car. Add to his collection. It stay within the corse cliente, and drives it at ferrari racing days. Who rings up and get Fiorano to himself and bounds round there
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Too expensive, wonder how much. My friend who races in european le mans, and is amateur gt driver, bought felipe massas f2008 car. Add to his collection. It stay within the corse cliente, and drives it at ferrari racing days. Who rings up and get Fiorano to himself and bounds round there
    The article did'nt specify the auction price but to Seb's taste it was too expensive. it was one Michael drove and won the championship. Seb was on the sidelines with Charles at Mugello when Mick drove his fathers F2004 around the track. Seb loves the car.

That's awesome about your friend and Massa's F2008.

Not quite a favorite but one very memorable. It's actually a "non-livery", if you will. The F1-2001 Blacknose. Class act in those very tricky times, IMO.

65ddb77150b658ae0ac6765f748ebc10.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    So this is a thread I thought about starting during "lockdown" but never got around to doing it.

What have been your favourite F1 liveries down the years?

It doesn't just have to be Ferrari ones, but any team's can be included!

Despite my love of any of the Rosso Scuderia coloured Ferraris of the late 90s and 00s (Done that way because it looked more red on TV) and they'll always be my favourite I fondly remember the Jordon "Buzzing Hornets" and the Orange Arrows liveries.

Jordan_Buzzn_ProductDescriptionPic_large.jpgarrows-a22.jpg
    https://jeepequipment.com/best-adjus...r-jeep-review/
    I'm sure there have been more I've liked but those two were from the top of my head.

What about you? Please include pcitures!
    The B186, along with the Brabham BT55, Arrows A9 and other BMW-engined cars in 1986 are the most powerful Grand Prix cars ever built. The B186 in particular, being the most competitive of the BMW engined cars that season could produce 1,350+ hp in qualifying trim, and about 900 hp in race trim.

Not sure how to link images so I'll just list my faves

JPS Lotus
    Jordan 191
    McLaren "Marlboro era"
    Mid 80's Renault
    Williams (FW14)

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    The whole Corse Cliente thing grinds my gears. You pay untold millions of dollars to buy the car and you can't even keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    The whole Corse Cliente thing grinds my gears. You pay untold millions of dollars to buy the car and you can't even keep it.
    Yeah, but it's the only program out there in motorsport that let's you race their cars......no matter what era. Corse Cliente maintains every vehicle hence the millions of dollars.

It wasn't the best car but something about it just looks so good. Prost's Ferrari 642.

Not a livery as such but I loved the late 60s 312 Ferraris with the spaghetti exhausts and gold wheels, and the sound was incredible, as was the V12 Matra of the same era.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Not a livery as such but I loved the late 60s 312 Ferraris with the spaghetti exhausts and gold wheels, and the sound was incredible, as was the V12 Matra of the same era.
    Spaghetti exhaust, red wine color car, "Que bella ma'cchina !! Made in Italia .

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Spaghetti exhaust, red wine color car, "Que bella ma'cchina !! Made in Italia .
    Yes

Grazie mille for that image, Honzus, and buon appetito Brembo!

There are five liveries that I like. In no particular order:-

1). Ferrari of 2001, liked the design of the car. Can remember the Italian GP of 2001, just after 9/11. Ferrari had the plain red, and black nose cone. Very striking, so soon after the events in America.

2). Williams of the 1990's. The Rothmans Williams Renault which gave us success in this decade. The 1997 model is one which I like.

3). Jordan with the Sharks head nose cone. A very striking car, could not miss this on the track.

4). The new Aston Martin F1 car. Looks fantastic in British Racing Green.

5). Racing Point car. Just grew to love the Pink, unmistakable.

When I first started watching F1, I liked the United Colours of Benetton multi coloured car.
    The good times WILL return, and FERever.

Before the days of sponsorship logos, the BRMs looked great in BRG with orange noses. But for a tifoso nothing beats the scarlet cars with gold wheels, I'm showing my age now!

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Before the days of sponsorship logos, the BRMs looked great in BRG with orange noses. But for a tifoso nothing beats the scarlet cars with gold wheels, I'm showing my age now!
    Wisepie your keen memory is a sign of youth !!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Wisepie your keen memory is a sign of youth !!
    Grazie, Brembo, shame that age has other undesirable effects, especially when our team fails to shine and I'm forced to find solace in alcohol! Salute.

A Car design that I was not too keen on, (I am not too sure when it came out). It was the BAR which had the half and half colours? I think that the Drivers race suits were half and half colours? Believe that the Crew members had the same style of half and half clothing. Will have to look it up. Then BAR had a more subtle livery which looked good.

Quote Originally Posted by Williams F1 Fan View Post
    A Car design that I was not too keen on, (I am not too sure when it came out). It was the BAR which had the half and half colours? I think that the Drivers race suits were half and half colours? Believe that the Crew members had the same style of half and half clothing. Will have to look it up. Then BAR had a more subtle livery which looked good.
    That's right, BAR wanted to have the different liveries on each car but were told no so opted for the half and half. The Lucky Strike livery used later on was quite nice.

Idea

Sorry for bringing up this Thread again. A livery that I liked in the past, was the Williams Martini Racing one.
    Thought it looked fantastic, shame the car wasn't more of a Top Performer.

Thumbs down

Some photographs of the Williams Martini Racing car. (I tried, then gave up).

Attachment 8118

Sorry, I have been trying to Post pictures on here. It says they are too big. I have to crop them down a bit.
    Another livery that I liked was the BMW Williams FW 27.
    I hope this works. Below is a YouTube Video of a young Sebastian Vettel Testing the New BMW Williams FW 27.

https://youtu.be/hgrm74X4BDY

I thought I would post this YouTube Video if that is OK? It is the BMW Williams FW 27, during the Practice Session in your own back yard, Monza.
    This is Williams third driver Antonio Pizzonia driving the FW 27. During the season, Williams altered the design of the nosecone. The first one used looked pretty dam cool, but served no purpose. The New Design, shown in this video, did the trick.

https://youtu.be/R4RtaezzZEE
    Last edited by Williams F1 Fan; 15th February 2023 at 18:57.