Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Russian GP 2020 : Race

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    So the same thing that happened to Kimi, he was slower and often used as a sacrificial pawn to benefit Vettel, now Vettel is getting the same treatment. I don't see anything wrong with it, today the car number 5 was on average 0.9 seconds/lap slower than the car number 16. So what Ferrari did was normal, they sacrificed the much slower driver for the faster car and maximized our points scoring.
    Yeah, that's what happened. He is genuinely slower than Charles and it is evident from the beating he is getting but let us not forget that this is a team sport. What Kimi/Felipe/Rubens did then and Seb is doing now deserves recognition especially now more than ever because we are a midfield team this year.

Sent from my SM-M215F using Tapatalk
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    +1
    Even this years engine would've been pretty strong, if Ferrari was allowed to work on it. But reasons beyond their control and FIA's doltish rules have prevented them from working. The current engine is winter spec, I'm even surprised that we are still fighting for points at tracks like Russia. Next years engine will be better.

But Ferrari's main problem is vehicle dynamics, they need to work on improving the mechanical grip. The 2017 and 2018 were cars with optimal vehicle dynamics, but they did something with the 2019 car and lost it.

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    Yeah, that's what happened. He is genuinely slower than Charles and it is evident from the beating he is getting but let us not forget that this is a team sport. What Kimi/Felipe/Rubens did then and Seb is doing now deserves recognition especially now more than ever because we are a midfield team this year.

Kimi in 2014 was signed to be Vettel's number 2, same with Rubens. Felipe was different, he was signed up to be Michael and Kimi's number 2, but he turned it around with Kimi. Although later it was absolute domination by Alonso, but still, he was solid and gave his all driving for Ferrari.

But Vettel is different. I would've recognized his valiant effort as number 2, if he was actually signed up to be a number 2, which he wasn't. After all, he's getting 40M, which is pretty much equal to Hamilton and far more than Charles/Max.

But what's done is done. I'm very happy with Leclerc-Sainz lineup. A driver line up with huge potentials and minimal ego. But Ferrari needs to get their act together and hopefully provide them with a car worthy of being called a 'Ferrari'.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Kimi in 2014 was signed to be Vettel's number 2, same with Rubens. Felipe was different, he was signed up to be Michael and Kimi's number 2, but he turned it around with Kimi. Although later it was absolute domination by Alonso, but still, he was solid and gave his all driving for Ferrari.

But Vettel is different. I would've recognized his valiant effort as number 2, if he was actually signed up to be a number 2, which he wasn't. After all, he's getting 40M, which is pretty much equal to Hamilton and far more than Charles/Max.

But what's done is done. I'm very happy with Leclerc-Sainz lineup. A driver line up with huge potentials and minimal ego. But Ferrari needs to get their act together and hopefully provide them with a car worthy of being called a 'Ferrari'.
    Fair enough.

"I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Exactly. What others don’t notify is, when Charles is slow & vettel is fast in race pace last year. Wow they blasted ferrari ruined Leclerc race . But when vettel is slow & Charles is fast. His job is no.2 easy statement .

This what I don’t like.

There will be instances where your team mate will have upper hand & downside of it too. Few of them needs to understand that point. Rather than blindly taking one side.

Apparently Mika Salo was leaking confidential information from the Stewards' room to the Finnish TV commentators. Hamilton was supposed to get 4 points on his license which would have made him miss the next race.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We did what Haas did in Hungary. Seb held off Ricciardo and Ocon long enough to degrade both of their tyres and also ensure that Charles would come out in front of Ocon after pitting.

If he hadn't done this, Charles would be P8 with 4 points and Seb would be P10 with 1 point, totalling to 5 points. Instead, Seb sacrificed himself to bring Charles home to P6 to get 8 points for the team. Let's hope he scores something good in his home grand prix.

I know that. I wasn't just referring to today's race, but to yesterday and the whole season actually. The fact that Vettel has gotten into a position that he has to sacrifice himself for the number 1 driver.............
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiklub View Post
    Apparently Mika Salo was leaking confidential information from the Stewards' room to the Finnish TV commentators. Hamilton was supposed to get 4 points on his license which would have made him miss the next race.

I see that the 2 points have now been rescinded as the error was more the team’s instead of Hamilton’s. He still has 8 points.

Charles: "The development that we are taking seems to be the right one. It was a small upgrade. We will have a bigger upgrade for Germany. We will see how it goes there."

So bigger upgrade is coming, not just floor.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Charles: "The development that we are taking seems to be the right one. It was a small upgrade. We will have a bigger upgrade for Germany. We will see how it goes there."

So bigger upgrade is coming, not just floor.
    Floor is a big upgrade. Great if they can really improve the aero leading into next year. I bet they have gone through a few versions of engines already on test benches that could put Ferrari 2nd but will not see the light of day. Cannot expect to beat Merc next year but maybe back to 2nd best team which would feel great after this year.

Quote Originally Posted by 330 p4 View Post
    Floor is a big upgrade. Great if they can really improve the aero leading into next year. I bet they have gone through a few versions of engines already on test benches that could put Ferrari 2nd but will not see the light of day. Cannot expect to beat Merc next year but maybe back to 2nd best team which would feel great after this year.
    Even if they produce above avg car, Leclerc can at least fight with bottas. Occasionally ham.

Podiums are not that far away.Ferrari will keep chipping away at the mountain of pain a little at a time patience is a virtue.

Quote Originally Posted by 330 p4 View Post
    Nothing has me confused like the development ban. First I thought we were screwed with the PU until 2022. Then I found out we can actually bring a new engine in 2021. Now we're actually bringing new floors during this season. What's going on exactly?
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    Nothing has me confused like the development ban. First I thought we were screwed with the PU until 2022. Then I found out we can actually bring a new engine in 2021. Now we're actually bringing new floors during this season. What's going on exactly?
    There’s restriction only on the engine side, which has token system. Other developments around the car (aero/chassis) can be continued.

So the FIA retracted the penalty points for Hamilton. Of course ..

https://www.planetf1.com/news/mika-salo-lewis-hamilton/

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari312T4 View Post
    Now imagine if the same happened to Michael in 2004. Fans would immediately bring in things like Ferrari International Assistance and call him a cheat. But since Hamilton is British, all of a sudden it isn't even worth penalty points. What a bunch of clowns, honestly.

I think the time penalty was fine but the penalty points were excessive. FIA are jokes and the points penalty should not have applied in the first place.

Just look at the whataboutism here.

https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/co...ng_to_stop_me/

These people genuinely believe that Hamilton can do nothing wrong, can they. Not to mention the half knowledge these utter fools are exhibiting here. All their arguements is-

1. Why was Leclerc allowed to continue in Suzuka 2019?

He wasn't. He was shown the black and orange flag and only then did he come into the pits. He literally cannot see the front wing directly. Not to mention the +5 seconds time penalty post race.

2. Why Leclerc wasn't penalised for breaking Covid-19 protocols?

For the same reason why Hamilton wasn't penalised for protesting for BLM a week before the Austrian GP.

3. How was Leclerc allowed to walk away with 0 consequences after driving 2 laps with loosened seat belts in Spain 2020?

That's because he didn't fully unbuckle himself. He still had one of the two seatbelts still strapped on and did 2 slow laps before getting called in. There was literally no one ahead nor behind, he didn't put himself or anyone else under risk. Same thing with Hamilton in Silverstone 2020, he was so far ahead that he wasn't penalised for throwing away debris on the track.

4. Why Leclerc wasn't penalised for the opening lap in Russian GP?

Because it was a racing incident. Stroll touched the sausage kerb and then over corrected a bit to the right before hitting Leclerc. Leclerc isn't a magician to magically disappear from the piece of track.

Use the same arguement in that echo chamber known as Reddit, you'll be given downvotes after downvotes before getting banned. Ask them about Seb being unfairly penalised for Canada 2019 and not penalising Verstappen for Austria 2019 (despite Rosberg getting penalised for the same move in Germany 2016) and you will get banned. What a bunch of di******ers.

These people genuinely believe that Hamilton can do nothing wrong, can they. Not to mention the half knowledge these utter fools are exhibiting here. All their arguements is-

He wasn't. He was shown the black and orange flag and only then did he come into the pits. He literally cannot see the front wing directly. Not to mention the +5 seconds time penalty post race.

For the same reason why Hamilton wasn't penalised for protesting for BLM a week before the Austrian GP.

3. How was Leclerc allowed to walk away with 0 consequences after driving 2 laps with loosened seat belts in Spain 2020?

That's because he didn't fully unbuckle himself. He still had one of the two seatbelts still strapped on and did 2 slow laps before getting called in. There was literally no one ahead nor behind, he didn't put himself or anyone else under risk. Same thing with Hamilton in Silverstone 2020, he was so far ahead that he wasn't penalised for throwing away debris on the track.

Because it was a racing incident. Stroll touched the sausage kerb and then over corrected a bit to the right before hitting Leclerc. Leclerc isn't a magician to magically disappear from the piece of track.

Use the same arguement in that echo chamber known as Reddit, you'll be given downvotes after downvotes before getting banned. Ask them about Seb being unfairly penalised for Canada 2019 and not penalising Verstappen for Austria 2019 (despite Rosberg getting penalised for the same move in Germany 2016) and you will get banned. What a bunch of di******ers.
    https://twitter.com/skysportsf1/stat...061954560?s=21

He didn’t hit the sausage kerb. Stroll had a excellent start with a good slip stream.. even vettel got good start but was hindered by Sainz/stroll cars.
    For the similar incident Albon vs Ham, albon got penalised.

But as this is Lap1, I will leave it to 50-50 as racing incident.

And im sure that when we start win again ,all those who claim that Merc/Ham are totally legal and taking their wins just bacause the are the bast and doing the best work, all these will start saying that the fia helped us ,we MUST doing somryhing elegal etc!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari312T4 View Post
    Now imagine if the same happened to Michael in 2004. Fans would immediately bring in things like Ferrari International Assistance and call him a cheat. But since Hamilton is British, all of a sudden it isn't even worth penalty points. What a bunch of clowns, honestly.

When Hamilton asked over the radio whether he could practice the starts further forward from the usual position the Mercedes engineers thought he wanted to move just a little bit further - not down to the pit exit. They couldn't see him, hence the misunderstanding.

Why FIA went back on ‘inappropriate’ Hamilton penalty points

https://the-race.com/formula-1/why-f...enalty-points/

Quote Originally Posted by h3ro View Post
    I think the time penalty was fine but the penalty points were excessive. FIA are jokes and the points penalty should not have applied in the first place.
    The problem is there are different stewards at different tracks so it's obvious there is inconsistency regarding similar situations or racing incidents. This inconsistency in situations or racng incidents will continue.

Austria 2020-->Lewis clips Albon in the ccrner and Lewis gets a 5sec penalty and 2pts added to his superlicense.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    https://twitter.com/skysportsf1/stat...061954560?s=21

He didn’t hit the sausage kerb. Stroll had a excellent start with a good slip stream.. even vettel got good start but was hindered by Sainz/stroll cars.
    For the similar incident Albon vs Ham, albon got penalised.

But as this is Lap1, I will leave it to 50-50 as racing incident.

Leclerc: Wake from Perez’s car contributed to collision with Stroll

https://www.racefans.net/2020/09/28/...n-with-stroll/
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    When Hamilton asked over the radio whether he could practice the starts further forward from the usual position the Mercedes engineers thought he wanted to move just a little bit further - not down to the pit exit. They couldn't see him, hence the misunderstanding.

Why FIA went back on ‘inappropriate’ Hamilton penalty points

https://the-race.com/formula-1/why-f...enalty-points/

The problem is there are different stewards at different tracks so it's obvious there is inconsistency regarding similar situations or racing incidents. This inconsistency in situations or racng incidents will continue.

Austria 2020-->Lewis clips Albon in the ccrner and Lewis gets a 5sec penalty and 2pts added to his superlicense.

Leclerc: Wake from Perez’s car contributed to collision with Stroll

https://www.racefans.net/2020/09/28/...n-with-stroll/
    I saw the insident from Lec on board and he he was full right on the steering wheel the whole corner so nothing more he could do. IT was clearly a 100% racing accident because they where fitting for the position and Str just managed to be a bit ahead on the corner.It was like Lec being late on the brakes coming from behind.
    Another thing is that It looks to me that little Lans is starting to have a big mouth now that daddy is the owner and have an (illegal for me and unfair) competitive car.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

I'm not sure about the Reddit threads being the beacon of intellectual discussion.

At the same time, they could easily deconstruct any of the threads here and make the same calls of "whataboutism" when it comes to how the majority here try to downplay Lewis to prop up Michael's accomplishments.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    I saw the insident from Lec on board and he he was full right on the steering wheel the whole corner so nothing more he could do. IT was clearly a 100% racing accident because they where fitting for the position and Str just managed to be a bit ahead on the corner.It was like Lec being late on the brakes coming from behind.
    Another thing is that It looks to me that little Lans is starting to have a big mouth now that daddy is the owner and have an (illegal for me and unfair) competitive car.
    I've always believed that when going into a corner and there's a car AHEAD OF YOU(whether half a car length or his rear tires are next to your front tres), that car ahead of you will turn into the apex THEREFORE the car behind must brake earlier...but that's me. I put more blame on Leclerc than Stroll on this Sochi 2020 incident....but it happens with pretty much every F1 driver. What's that "cliche" of F1 drivers: "If a lane is open, you take it!!!"

Lance needs to attack instead of driving an F1 car....especially if Lance has last years Mercedes. Lance does'nt come across to me like he has that "killer" instinct. Lawrence Stroll and Lance Stroll are 2 completely different characteristics off the track and it seems like daddy is doing everything he can financially to make his son excel....understandable. One thing Lawrence Stroll will one day realize, if he has'nt already, is that all the money in the world does'nt buy race-craft....which his son has lacked since day 1 entering into F1. And do you know who's at fault?---->Dads at fault for bring his son into F1 WAY WAY too early.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

I'm not sure about the Reddit threads being the beacon of intellectual discussion.

At the same time, they could easily deconstruct any of the threads here and make the same calls of "whataboutism" when it comes to how the majority here try to downplay Lewis to prop up Michael's accomplishments.
    Unfortunately I have to agree on that.
    It's in the nature of a lot of people to deify their likes and downplay/demonize their dislikes.
    I have many times give the credits to many Merc wins and Hamilton's as I did in our past mega rival McLaren. As much as it hurts me I see it very pretty to speak bad about them just to make me feel better!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    I've always believed that when going into a corner and there's a car AHEAD OF YOU(whether half a car length or his rear tires are next to your front tres), that car ahead of you will turn into the apex THEREFORE the car behind must brake earlier...but that's me. I put more blame on Leclerc than Stroll on this Sochi 2020 incident....but it happens with pretty much every F1 driver. What's that "cliche" of F1 drivers: "If a lane is open, you take it!!!"

Lance needs to attack instead of driving an F1 car....especially if Lance has last years Mercedes. Lance does'nt come across to me like he has that "killer" instinct. Lawrence Stroll and Lance Stroll are 2 completely different characteristics off the track and it seems like daddy is doing everything he can financially to make his son excel....understandable. One thing Lawrence Stroll will one day realize, if he has'nt already, is that all the money in the world does'nt buy race-craft....which his son has lacked since day 1 entering into F1. And do you know who's at fault?---->Dads at fault for bring his son into F1 WAY WAY too early.
    I would agree with you 100% IF Lec had come from behind and brake late because he saw an opening.this time he was ahead and only in the last second and mostly because Str accelarate earlier and managed to pass lec for half a car ,but just then on the exit of the corner. Lec for no reason should brake there ,because it was not that Str had clearly overtook him before the corner ,they whare side be side.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Yup, he needs to drive & show his performances rather shouting out loud on Leclerc.
    There was a wonderful opportunity for him to win a race, Italian GP. He’s complete responsible for it.

To be fair, back between 2000-2005, it did seem like MS and Ferrari were favoured by the FIA. I was not a MS fan and hence it appeared everything was going for MS, all the rules, the steward decisions etc., so i guess it depends on which side of the fence you are on.
    Silently, like a shadow

Agree with this.
    Silently, like a shadow