Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Russian GP 2020 : Race

after next race RIC could be P4 and Alonso is driving that car next year, hopefully more action in top then, and also Seb with Mercs-Aston Martin could be there too, Ferrari I dont think they make any progress next year, in my books, Binotto has shown what he has, and that is not so much

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Thank god. Shame for Max though he had 3 bad races not his foult. Would be within 30 points of Lewis.
    good point.

Another great effort by Charles

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    after next race RIC could be P4 and Alonso is driving that car next year, hopefully more action in top then, and also Seb with Mercs-Aston Martin could be there too, Ferrari I dont think they make any progress next year, in my books, Binotto has shown what he has, and that is not so much
    Binnotto said, he is not for quick wins. Instead laying foundation for wins in long terms with young team.

Let's not forget McLaren with merc engines next year as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Let's not forget McLaren with merc engines next year as well.
    Looking at McLaren's performance at Monza with Renault engines I really doubt that makes a huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Binnotto said, he is not for quick wins. Instead laying foundation for wins in long terms with young team.
    If the engine delivers 0.5 seconds/lap next season it's a new ballgame for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Even that’s not sufficient to fight with Mercs. May we will be in fight with RB/Renault/McLaren/Aston Martin. Who will be faster next year as well.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Even that’s not sufficient to fight with Mercs. May we will be in fight with RB/Renault/McLaren/Aston Martin. Who will be faster next year as well.
    Yeah but 0.5 s/lap will make us easy P4 in almost every race and give a platform on the lower-power tracks to challenge, like if Monaco and Singapore happen next year.

Such a shame this clown, mostly because of car which is 10 classes above the rest is going to equal and go above this magnificent record of MS

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Such a shame this clown, mostly because of car which is 10 classes above the rest is going to equal and go above this magnificent record of MS
    Records matter only to nerds and people who look up Wikipedia instead of watching races. Even Michael didn't seem to care about it all that much (as mentioned by him in his last interview).

For those of us who have actually seen him drive, would place Michael above Hamilton anyday.

Sent from my SM-M215F using Tapatalk
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    Records matter only to nerds and people who look up Wikipedia instead of watching races. Even Michael didn't seem to care about it all that much (as mentioned by him in his last interview).

For those of us who have actually seen him drive, would place Michael above Hamilton anyday.

Very true! Numbers alone do not tell the tale. Sadly most Lewis fans have only been watching F1 a dozen or so years and have no clue about F1 or it's history.

Amen to that! I'll remember till I am alive that GREAT race at Hungaroring 1998 (was there), or the one in Magny Cours 2004, when MS had 4 stops and won the race, and so on, and so on....
    By the way I found an article about that race:

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...EyBC401ET.html

I place Michael over Hamilton for what Michael did in the late 90's and early 2000's. Michael was a relentless driver and due to unlimited testing back then, was constantly testing the cars. He brought a team from Benetton into Ferrari and MADE Ferrari.

I got to see Michael race in 2012 at COTA with Mercedes.....albeit not the same Michael as of the early days nor the same formula or car. This was a period of "down-sloping" for an any F1 driver. Michael did however lay the foundations of what Lewis is currently enjoying....as well as BRAWNGP.

Lewis CANNOT do any of the things that Michael did because again, different era's....analog vs digital. EVERYTHING for Lewis is done by the team. Lewis just has to drive....tactfully and strategically during the race.....which Lewis is good at and has enjoyed the spoils.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Also shout out to Gio, his pace was pretty good. One more retirement and he would've finished inside the top 10.
    Agreed, GIO has been good at aggressive starts and defensive driving all season but seems to lose out in strategy, drops down the field and then can't recover, as Seb did today, when GIO held him off! I'll be sorry if he gets released by Alfa. Good drive from Charles again and a few more points, for what it's worth. Stroll saying Charles deserved a penalty but hope we've heard the last of that. At least HAM didn't win, always a bonus, and no 91st victory to equal MS, Crofty & Co will be disappointed, but sadly it will happen soon, for those who care.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Agreed, GIO has been good at aggressive starts and defensive driving all season but seems to lose out in strategy, drops down the field and then can't recover, as Seb did today, when GIO held him off! I'll be sorry if he gets released by Alfa. Good drive from Charles again and a few more points, for what it's worth. Stroll saying Charles deserved a penalty but hope we've heard the last of that. At least HAM didn't win, always a bonus, and no 91st victory to equal MS, Crofty & Co will be disappointed, but sadly it will happen soon, for those who care.
    Right before the crash you can see him over correct to the right for an instant to avoid the sausage kerbs. That combined with it being the first lap where the grid is so packed up, it should be nothing but a racing incident.

"I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Very pleased by Charles' performance - once again. The guy is so very talented. He can win it all if given the car to do it.
    But Seb, what is wrong with him? We all know he can do better than this.........sad to see a driver who has given his very best to Ferrari losing it this way......
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Gasly ahead of Albon, well done Gasly
    Yes! I love that.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    understood. Lewis getting penalized with a 10 sec. timed penalty was okay. Adding points to his superlicense BECAUSE of the penalty is severe.
    I actually thought 2 x 5 secs was unreasonable. Since the two infringements occurred in one incident, he should have been made to serve both penalties concurrently, meaning a net penalty of 5 secs.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by h3ro View Post
    Bottas sure is yelling a lot for someone that got handed a win.
    So what? He won. Let him yell.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Sad days to be a Seb fan. Hope the nightmare is over next year. I am positive.

A new team will bring him motivation, less pressure and some innerpeace to deliver.
    A new team will bring us inner peace too as we hopefully won't have to tolerate you.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    I'd like to believe that the engine we are currently testing for 2021 is more powerful than the current Merc engine. Otherwise, why bother testing something that is guaranteed to be slow?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Alonsomaniac View Post
    Very pleased by Charles' performance - once again. The guy is so very talented. He can win it all if given the car to do it.
    But Seb, what is wrong with him? We all know he can do better than this.........sad to see a driver who has given his very best to Ferrari losing it this way......
    We did what Haas did in Hungary. Seb held off Ricciardo and Ocon long enough to degrade both of their tyres and also ensure that Charles would come out in front of Ocon after pitting.

If he hadn't done this, Charles would be P8 with 4 points and Seb would be P10 with 1 point, totalling to 5 points. Instead, Seb sacrificed himself to bring Charles home to P6 to get 8 points for the team. Let's hope he scores something good in his home grand prix.

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    I'd like to believe that the engine we are currently testing for 2021 is more powerful than the current Merc engine. Otherwise, why bother testing something that is guaranteed to be slow?
    At this point, anything would be better than the one we have now. I reckon next year we'd be compromising quite a bit of reliability for power like in 2017 and then it would be perfected in 2022.

At this point, anything would be better than the one we have now. I reckon next year we'd be compromising quite a bit of reliability for power like in 2017 and then it would be perfected in 2022.

True. But I'm just hoping the objective is to at least beat the current engines.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    True. But I'm just hoping the objective is to at least beat the current engines.
    I have NO doubt that next years engine will be better then the current Honda and Renault, and a lot closer to the Merc... it of course our goal is to be better than the Merc....don’t know if it’s actually gonna happen next year...but at least we’re hoping that Ferrari will lay down the foundations for a good engine in 2021 and come out with a beast in 2022....wishful thinking I know, but we can only hope as fans, NO???

We did what Haas did in Hungary. Seb held off Ricciardo and Ocon long enough to degrade both of their tyres and also ensure that Charles would come out in front of Ocon after pitting.

If he hadn't done this, Charles would be P8 with 4 points and Seb would be P10 with 1 point, totalling to 5 points. Instead, Seb sacrificed himself to bring Charles home to P6 to get 8 points for the team. Let's hope he scores something good in his home grand prix.

Well said. Others doesn’t understand this ..!!

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    I have NO doubt that next years engine will be better then the current Honda and Renault, and a lot closer to the Merc... it of course our goal is to be better than the Merc....don’t know if it’s actually gonna happen next year...but at least we’re hoping that Ferrari will lay down the foundations for a good engine in 2021 and come out with a beast in 2022....wishful thinking I know, but we can only hope as fans, NO???
    +1
    Forza Ferrari

So the same thing that happened to Kimi, he was slower and often used as a sacrificial pawn to benefit Vettel, now Vettel is getting the same treatment. I don't see anything wrong with it, today the car number 5 was on average 0.9 seconds/lap slower than the car number 16. So what Ferrari did was normal, they sacrificed the much slower driver for the faster car and maximized our points scoring.