Thread: Hello from California! New guy here

Hello from California! New guy here

Hello. My name is Robert, I'm retired and live in California. Thank you for accepting me into the group “The Scuderia"". Happy to be a member. Anyway I am looking forward to meeting some of you in the near future. Until then….

Please be patient if I ask stupid questions, I will try my best to use the search function, but sometimes search and I don't get along.

I'm loving the forum so far! I just wanted to say how much I enjoy this forum. The experience here is awesome.
    So, I hope for some good piece of advice.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by robertcladner84 View Post
    Hello. My name is Robert, I'm retired and live in California. Thank you for accepting me into the group “The Scuderia"". Happy to be a member. Anyway I am looking forward to meeting some of you in the near future. Until then….

Please be patient if I ask stupid questions, I will try my best to use the search function, but sometimes search and I don't get along.

I'm loving the forum so far! I just wanted to say how much I enjoy this forum. The experience here is awesome.

Cheers!
    welcome aboard mate....this is a WICKED forum and i`m sure you`ll have fun spending time here....
    i been a member here since 2009, sure you`ve figured it out quickly by my screen name....even though teh F60 of 2009 was not something to write home to your family about sort of speak....but hey, at least Kimi won the SPA that year....

anyways, welcome aboard again
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Welcome Robert!! Hey Hey!! from the USA !!! Please note you will get a 2 pt. penalty if you acknowledge Lewis' great driving here !! I'm a Ferrari fan and Charles is going to be even better with a car to help him along. But I have to admit that Lewis without any help from his team mate is for sure a great WDC driver. It's not "Just the car ! "

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Welcome Robert!! Hey Hey!! from the USA !!! Please note you will get a 2 pt. penalty if you acknowledge Lewis' great driving here !! I'm a Ferrari fan and Charles is going to be even better with a car to help him along. But I have to admit that Lewis without any help from his team mate is for sure a great WDC driver. It's not "Just the car ! "
    Please, it IS just the car...is 2011 too far back for ya mate to remember how it went??? You forgot that in the same car got spanked by his teammate Button?? Who I don’t really rate him as a good driver....a driver who also got lucky and won the WDC in 2009 due to a little loophole Ross found in the rules book...

But each his own I guess...Lewis is a good driver, but definitely NOT Gods’s gift to F1.....far from that

Come on. Most of us know he is a great driver and top 10 of all time but not the GOAT.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Cheers!
    Welcome to the forum Robert. Please do me a huge favor and spread the word around California that Idaho is full and cannot take in anymore refugees.

Thanks,

The Hajj

Welcome to the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    Come on. Most of us know he is a great driver and top 10 of all time but not the GOAT.
    OK with me. GOAT on hold at least until 100 wins & 8 WDCs. No need to mention poles. I just think Lewis is as you say; top 10 of all time, No one before him has had to fight as hard against his team mate who is in another rocket for a car, along with every other driver on the track. No team orders changes allot with regards to staying up in 1st until the flag. Just look at how Charles is doing @ Ferrari not having to have moved over as a#2 guy. Throw in Max vs. Dan at the time. Anyway; I was really enjoying the races on every week. F-1 is still great!!

Welcome to the forum Robert.

Welcome Robert to forums get stuck into mate voice your opinions and ideas greetings from down under.

Cheers!
    Welcome Robert! I am sure you will enjoy browsing, reading & contributing to one of the best Ferrari forum on the web.
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Incredible how a welcome post for a new member turns into a Lewis debate. welcome Robert. Brembo means well and he's very entertaining.

Welcome Roberto! Lots of characters on this forum and I hope our posts keep you interested, engaged and entertained. You only need to be serious about caring for Ferrari's fortunes! FORZA FERRARI!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Hajj View Post
    Welcome to the forum Robert. Please do me a huge favor and spread the word around California that Idaho is full and cannot take in anymore refugees.

Thanks,

The Hajj
    Texas is full too! LOL So is Arizona. ;) Pretty much all of the Southern US hahahaha

Welcome aboard!

OK with me. GOAT on hold at least until 100 wins & 8 WDCs. No need to mention poles. I just think Lewis is as you say; top 10 of all time, No one before him has had to fight as hard against his team mate who is in another rocket for a car, along with every other driver on the track. No team orders changes allot with regards to staying up in 1st until the flag. Just look at how Charles is doing @ Ferrari not having to have moved over as a#2 guy. Throw in Max vs. Dan at the time. Anyway; I was really enjoying the races on every week. F-1 is still great!!
    As you well know this has been debunked.
    Yes there are team orders, and Lulu has been favored by a rocket ship more than any other driver.
    Again , he is a great driver. But he is no GOAT.
    It takes more than being a great driver to be a GOAT, it takes being a leader ,help to build a team, you know things for instance that Michael did.
    Things that Lulu has not done.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    It takes more than being a great driver to be a GOAT, it takes being a leader ,help to build a team, you know things for instance that Michael did.
    No argument there for sure . As Wolff constantly says praising Michael every chance he gets, Michael built the team that is Now Merc. Two years of Michael's leadership building the team @ Merc got them where they are. All Lewis had to do is step in and drive to win . That's his job there, driving his rocket ship to 100 wins 100 poles, and that 7th WDC . So far so good . I'm sure the team is happy with Lewis results. If only Michael would have come out of retirement back with Ferrari perhaps Charles would be where Lewis is as far as winning. But!! Hold on!! Ferrari was blessed with Binotto!! Debunked ? Who came in 1st . this 3rd. and only practice? One might think; practices don't count for anything. Tell that to Lewis !!
    Last edited by Brembo; 10th October 2020 at 12:45.

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Again , he is a great driver. But he is no GOAT.
    No argument there for sure . As Wolff constantly says praising Michael every chance he gets, Michael built the team that is Now Merc. Two years of Michael's leadership building the team @ Merc got them where they are. All Lewis had to do is step in and drive to win . That's his job there, driving his rocket ship to 100 wins 100 poles, and that 7th WDC . So far so good . I'm sure the team is happy with Lewis results. If only Michael would have come out of retirement back with Ferrari perhaps Charles would be where Lewis is as far as winning. But!! Hold on!! Ferrari was blessed with Binotto!!
    You can't compare Michael Schumacher and Lewis Hamilton. These are different era's of F1.

Michael knew more than the engineers and could feel it in the car due to unlimited testing.

The egineers know more than Lewis in this turbo hybrid era.....hence as to why NO ONE, driver wise, will know more than the engineers and bulid a team from scratch......CANNOT AND WILL NOT HAPPEN in this turbo hybrid era and going forward.

A driver building a team and car from scratch is done....that ship has sailed a long time ago.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

After each race the engineers need the drivers input as to what to do next. How they can improve on the tech. end of the car. The car each race is what the drivers gets from the engineers as far as what got done since the last race. Max complained to his team his car had under steer Q3. You can't have one without the other. I doubt anyone @ Merc is complaining about what Lewis is getting done with their hard work . As you say this is a different era. Charles would also fit the bill if he had the car.
    Last edited by Brembo; 10th October 2020 at 15:55.