Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Formula 1 Heineken Grande Prémio De Portugal 2020 - Practice & Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    Vettel very honest about the comparison to Leclerc: "There is nothing I can do right now. He's driving in another league. Even if I have a good lap he's still quicker."

via Tobi Grüner.
    Straight from the horse's mouth. His fans need to acknowledge and gasp this simple fact, Charles is faster and better. Blaming Ferrari or implying rubbish conspiracy theories is only making them look stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    agreed.......everyone else was on soft though.
    And they did a run on softs slower then their medium run !! if the softs where quicker,they would stick to them !!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

At this point, he has to be the best qualifier on the grid, right?
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Straight from the horse's mouth. His fans need to acknowledge and gasp this simple fact, Charles is faster and better. Blaming Ferrari or implying rubbish conspiracy theories is only making them look stupid.
    Props to Vettel for being honest too!

Vettel very honest about the comparison to Leclerc: "There is nothing I can do right now. He's driving in another league. Even if I have a good lap he's still quicker."

via Tobi Grüner.
    I just wonder what would have happened if Charles was in the car in 2018.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiklub View Post
    I just wonder what would have happened if Charles was in the car in 2018.

Not sure. Ferrari made alot of mistakes too and we had a few no working updates aswell. Very hard to predict!

Not sure. Ferrari made alot of mistakes too and we had a few no working updates aswell. Very hard to predict!
    True that, but at least he would have (probably) scored more points than Kimi to keep Seb’s title chances alive longer.

Is this the first time we are under 0.5s off pole?

Leclerc reckons the race performance will be better than in Germany. I'm looking forward to the race.

Also, it's strange that our drivers qualified 11 positions apart. No incidents, no hiccups, same upgrades, same tyres. That's just unbelievable. I wonder if this is the biggest teammate gap in history with everything else being equal.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Great Leclerc!
    This is of the few reasons to watch F1 now.

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    Leclerc reckons the race performance will be better than in Germany. I'm looking forward to the race.

Also, it's strange that our drivers qualified 11 positions apart. No incidents, no hiccups, same upgrades, same tyres. That's just unbelievable. I wonder if this is the biggest teammate gap in history with everything else being equal.
    A mightily impressive lap from Charles for P4 on mediums, just hope that our race pace doesn't allow him to fall back as in previous races, it looks like overtaking possibilities may be minimal, which may help us. The gap to Seb amounts roughly to half a second and 11 positions, he locked up on each attempt, a driver of his calibre should be able to handle these tyres by now but he's constantly shown up by Charles, he has seriously lost his ability to justify his retention in the team.

Due to the track layout we might have a chance to keep Charles in P4 all day which would be great progress! He did a world-class phenomenal job yet another Saturday and hopefully it's going to pay dividends tomorrow. Basically, one issue of the top three away from a third podium of the season - assuming those behind can't get past this time. Given he gets to start on the yellows, I really hope that is the case.

As for the other driver with a best by date of July 2018, no comments. I just find it very hard to believe that the deliverer of the Suzuka lap last year performs like this.

Vettal is cooked no matter where he goes he will be racing in pure agony retire with dignity.charles with a competitive engine would mop the floor with all.Sir hamilton would crap in his boots his saving grace is simply an underperforming ferrari.Hamilton knows this head to head with Charles Hamilton would be 2nd.

Adaptability is the best qualify a racing driver can have. Driver with strong adaptability let the car do all the hard work aka Leclerc, driver with low/weak adaptability aka Vettel pushes hard and fights with the car and the steering, hence they lose lap times. No matter what the team does with the setup, if the driver can't adapt, there's no hope for him.

But the scary (or positive, whatever way you look at it) thing about Charles is, he has the adaptable, which is already the mark of a great driver and a world champion, but he also possesses the raw speed. Example Alonso, had the adaptability, but he lacked the raw speed. Charles is unique in that regard, he has the adaptability + raw speed.

Ferrari must provide this kid with the right car. Can't wait to see what Leclerc can do with a car like the SF70/SF71.

Adaptability is the best qualify a racing driver can have. Driver with strong adaptability let the car do all the hard work aka Leclerc, driver with low/weak adaptability aka Vettel pushes hard and fights with the car and the steering, hence they lose lap times. No matter what the team does with the setup, if the driver can't adapt, there's no hope for him.

But the scary (or positive, whatever way you look at it) thing about Charles is, he has the adaptable, which is already the mark of a great driver and a world champion, but he also possesses the raw speed. Example Alonso, had the adaptability, but he lacked the raw speed. Charles is unique in that regard, he has the adaptability + raw speed.

Ferrari must provide this kid with the right car. Can't wait to see what Leclerc can do with a car like the SF70/SF71.
    Yep. Look at Seb from coming off of 4x WDC titles. In 2014, due to the formula change, Ricciardo beat Seb at RedBull....by alot of points.

And now we have Leclerc. Both Charles and Ricciardo are adaptable drivers. I loved it when Ricciardo was penalized, I believe 2 races ago, and team radioed to him "You have a 5sec penatly for cutting the chicane(track limits)" and Ricciardo's reponse was mind-blowning. He did'nt even get flustered by it. Ricciardo said, "No problem, I'll make it up and drive faster" (something to that effect).

Both are great drivers and are adaptable.

Can't say much for Lewis. He's had fast cars since he started in F1. I would'nt know how adaptable he would be.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

I loved it when Ricciardo was penalized, I believe 2 races ago, and team radioed to him "You have a 5sec penatly for cutting the chicane(track limits)" and Ricciardo's reponse was mind-blowning. He did'nt even get flustered by it. Ricciardo said, "No problem, I'll make it up and drive faster" (something to that effect).
    Yup. That response from Ric was epic. Such a calm head on his shoulders.

Can't say much for Lewis. He's had fast cars since he started in F1. I would'nt know how adaptable he would be.
    Lewis is quite adaptable too imo. There is a reason he starts slow but still ends up beating Bottas. Hes constantly making adjustments to get the best out of the machinery.
    Silently, like a shadow

"Mediums are slower than softs"...only according to Pirelli. I don't think realistically, there is any meaningful difference between the C3 and C4. The C4 has better warm up, but the C3 has higher operating window. And compared to Bottas, who was on softs and Max also on softs, Charles's lap was mighty impressive. Both Charles and Ferrari are improving (chassis side, pitwall and pitcrew are rubbish).

Now we need a better engine.
    Eagerly waiting for next year. The engine is hopefully much better. We can see Lec regularly on podiums.
    Silently, like a shadow

CHARLES P4. ONLY 0.438 SECONDS BEHIND THE MERC. WHAT A STAR.
    Imagine if Ferrari give him a good car. It will be fantastic to watch. Finally Ham will have competition.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post

Lewis is quite adaptable too imo. There is a reason he starts slow but still ends up beating Bottas. Hes constantly making adjustments to get the best out of the machinery.

Bottas is no Rosberg.....fighting with Lewis on the track.

I can't see Lewis in a mid-field team having to constantly fight for position on the track and deal with the mid-field team decisions. Of course, I've seen him fight for poisitions on the track when he laps other cars or he starts from the back....but he's in a rocket ship and pics his battles where it's safe to overtake.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Nah, the moment it starts to go south he loses his head. The issue is that Bottas is a garbage driver, who still would've fought him for the title if he didn't push the self-destruct button everytime he was in position to beat him. He genuinely is worse than Vettel.

Imagine if Ferrari give him a good car. It will be fantastic to watch. Finally Ham will have competition.
    Race after race Leclerc helps us to keep the faith and I pray he keeps his edge until he has a good car under him! Imagine him in machinery equal to Hamilton!

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Nah, the moment it starts to go south he loses his head. The issue is that Bottas is a garbage driver, who still would've fought him for the title if he didn't push the self-destruct button everytime he was in position to beat him. He genuinely is worse than Vettel.
    I am maybe a little bit perverse, but I really like to hear Hamiltons radio messages when things are not going his way, and yes, Bottas is a mediocre driver, just lucky to get that seat.

LEWIS: "I can't tell you how hard that was today! I've just seen that Valtteri topped every session, and I've just been digging to find the time... I chose to do three laps to have a chance to beat his time"

Yes, we know that Lewis, Valtteri is so great, maybe same class than Schumi or Senna or Prost, and you could beat that great Bottas again, you are truly a Champ.

What a star Leclerc. Driving difficult cars early in his career will surely make go higher

Ferrari now has the cars up to par. 4th is strong. Charles' driving got Ferrari there. Seb's driving got him where he finished. Seb at least should also be fighting for 4th. pos. with his car. Bottas has a great car, poles, podiums even a win. It's obvious Merc lets him drive to try to win. Not bad results for a " garbage" caliper driver. Lewis needs to win a few races before he can talk about driving skills and decisions on the track. A few poles would also make Lewis more capable of talking like he knows how to drive at least as good as the former good guys. It sure looks hopeful that Ferrari this season will put R Bull Honda behind them and move into that 3rd. place podium spot, or even better! Charles to the rescue !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    What a star Leclerc. Driving difficult cars early in his career will surely make go higher
    Yup

Yep. Look at Seb from coming off of 4x WDC titles. In 2014, due to the formula change, Ricciardo beat Seb at RedBull....by alot of points.

And now we have Leclerc. Both Charles and Ricciardo are adaptable drivers. I loved it when Ricciardo was penalized, I believe 2 races ago, and team radioed to him "You have a 5sec penatly for cutting the chicane(track limits)" and Ricciardo's reponse was mind-blowning. He did'nt even get flustered by it. Ricciardo said, "No problem, I'll make it up and drive faster" (something to that effect).

Both are great drivers and are adaptable.

In terms of adaptability, I don’t see Ric on the same level.
    Yes for the reply from him in the last race was good.

But he struggled a lot when Max arrived at RB & even in Renault.

Only this year, he’s been consistent provided our engine is out of sorts. For me stand out teams from the season till date are McLaren & AlphaT. They’ve got good package, Norris/Gas/Sainz pulling some great performances occasionally.

Finally Star driver of the season without a doubt Leclerc (if he doesn’t make any mistakes in rest of the season).

Even max, wouldn’t have pull these performances with this ferrari car.

Charles for sure is the star driver this season. A few more improvements on his car and who knows!!!!! Maybe a win.

Anyone got a working Skyf1 stream? all my usual ones are not working today.

Quote Originally Posted by Redfive View Post
    Anyone got a working Skyf1 stream? all my usual ones are not working today.
    Try sportsurge
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher