Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 96

Thread: Formula 1 2020 Gran Premio Dell'emilia Romagna [IMOLA] - Practice & Qualifying

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    6,333

    Formula 1 2020 Gran Premio Dell'emilia Romagna [IMOLA] - Practice & Qualifying








  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    7,721
    There's only 1 DRS zone

    There's only 1 free practice. It starts tomorrow.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,136
    Tifosi 1993 Thank you for the great photos!! Hoping for a Ferrari podium and Both drivers in the points. Both Italia and all Ferrari fans need the break.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch,UK
    Posts
    4,102
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Tifosi 1993 Thank you for the great photos!! Hoping for a Ferrari podium and Both drivers in the points. Both Italia and all Ferrari fans need the break.
    That's the most sensible post you've made for ages, Brembo. bravo! And we got our wish, Kimi and GIO being retained by Alfa for 2021.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Godric's Hollow
    Posts
    6,333
    Imola in retrospect








  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    9,481
    Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    That's the most sensible post you've made for ages, Brembo. bravo! And we got our wish, Kimi and GIO being retained by Alfa for 2021.
    Brembo is always sensible...it’s just he makes us senseless sometimes & he knows the result eventually.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    12,563
    Such beauty those cars used to be

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Christchurch,UK
    Posts
    4,102

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    797
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    There's only 1 DRS zone

    There's only 1 free practice. It starts tomorrow.
    Any idea why only 1 free practice? Is this the way forward now?
    Black Lives Matter
    We Race as One
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    7,721
    Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    Any idea why only 1 free practice? Is this the way forward now?
    The distance traveled from last week to this week PLUS the amount of tire compounds per driver is NOT the same from last week. Drivers have less compounds this week.

    The drivers like it though....1 free practice.

    Whether this will be the norm is up to Liberty.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,136
    Charles insists 3 practices is important to him. Figuring out the car and he says knowing the track with 3 practices is a great help to him. I also need 3 practices to make it to quali. and the race on Sunday!
    Last edited by Brembo; 30th October 2020 at 16:14.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    8,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Charles insists 3 practices is important to him. Figuring out the car and he says knowing the track with 3 practices is a great help to him. I also need 3 practices to make it to quali. and the race on Sunday!
    i like the 3 practices myself as well, it makes the race weekend more enjoyable with plenty of action....if the Liberty are to cut some of it, i think that ONE practice is not enough......i think TWO would be a good compromise, have one 1.5H on friday and then 1 hour on saturday before Quali should be OK.....i mean it will be the same for all drivers

    but who knows how this will develop going into next year and beyond....

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    7,721
    Lewis setting a fashion statement today duriing his scooter walk arount the track. It certainly is different.

    Everyone else is in proper team outfits......but not Lewis. He just has to be different.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    towradgi beach
    Posts
    1,386
    Lewis would never make it to the cat walk of Milan as a male model no chance .So keeping his fashion antics at the track suits me fine.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    7,721
    Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Lewis would never make it to the cat walk of Milan as a male model no chance .So keeping his fashion antics at the track suits me fine.
    That's not his intention.

    Diversity is his intention....off the track. Whether it's his social media page, BLM, racial injustice or personal apparel, he's going against the norm of what an F1 driver is expected to do. In this case, everyone on the track walk was in team colored apparel....the kind you can purchase on F1 sites BUT not Lewis.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Helsinki
    Posts
    3,797
    So Perez, Hulk and Mini-Schumi takes Haas and RB seats, or what?
    Albon is Thai, and RB owner is Thai, I guess, but can they keep Albon after such a bad year.
    Williams keeps Russell and Latifi.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    7,721

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    797
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    The distance traveled from last week to this week PLUS the amount of tire compounds per driver is NOT the same from last week. Drivers have less compounds this week.

    The drivers like it though....1 free practice.

    Whether this will be the norm is up to Liberty.
    Sure the drivers might like it but I find it very strange that such a significant change of protocol was introduced so casually. Was this always the plan given that the schedule has been known for months now, or was this decided a few days ago? This is potentially very unprofessional, actually. Also, why do drivers have less compounds this week? Is it bad planning, poor execution, did someone mess up somewhere? Is this a result of genuinely abnormal circumstances or was this a decision taken lightly after observing the coincidental 1 practice last time out due to bad weather? Did the teams vote and agree on this beforehand? What if some teams benefitted while others were disadvantaged by 1 practice. I'm sorry, I haven't caught up on the news so I'm probably very uninformed about the material justifications. I really hope that's the case.
    Black Lives Matter
    We Race as One
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    797
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Charles insists 3 practices is important to him. Figuring out the car and he says knowing the track with 3 practices is a great help to him. I also need 3 practices to make it to quali. and the race on Sunday!
    So yet another anti-Ferrari situation that we agreed to? Pathetic!
    Black Lives Matter
    We Race as One
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    7,721
    Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    Sure the drivers might like it but I find it very strange that such a significant change of protocol was introduced so casually. Was this always the plan given that the schedule has been known for months now, or was this decided a few days ago? This is potentially very unprofessional, actually. Also, why do drivers have less compounds this week? Is it bad planning, poor execution, did someone mess up somewhere? Is this a result of genuinely abnormal circumstances or was this a decision taken lightly after observing the coincidental 1 practice last time out due to bad weather? Did the teams vote and agree on this beforehand? What if some teams benefitted while others were disadvantaged by 1 practice. I'm sorry, I haven't caught up on the news so I'm probably very uninformed about the material justifications. I really hope that's the case.
    Isola(Pirelli) set the parameters that way from one weekend to the next weekend given the distance and time involved.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    797
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Isola(Pirelli) set the parameters that way from one weekend to the next weekend given the distance and time involved.
    Has this ever happened before?
    Black Lives Matter
    We Race as One
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    7,721
    Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    Has this ever happened before?
    IHDK
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    England
    Posts
    135
    This happened 2 races ago but not by design. In fact they will get 30 minutes more practice this weekend than they did at the Nurburing.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    797
    Quote Originally Posted by 330 p4 View Post
    This happened 2 races ago but not by design. In fact they will get 30 minutes more practice this weekend than they did at the Nurburing.
    That's what I'm saying, it seems like they saw how it panned out in Germany and they've haphazardly decided to implement it, which would be quite reckless in my opinion. Sure if circumstances force you then it's okay, but to change something so fundamental to F1 so casually just because you feel like it is just reckless.
    Black Lives Matter
    We Race as One
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    29,322
    2 day weekend at Imola was planned before what happened in Germany.
    Forza Ferrari

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    12,563
    As if it was only yesterday.....
    Still remember watching that race....

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    England
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    That's what I'm saying, it seems like they saw how it panned out in Germany and they've haphazardly decided to implement it, which would be quite reckless in my opinion. Sure if circumstances force you then it's okay, but to change something so fundamental to F1 so casually just because you feel like it is just reckless.
    This race was declared a 2 day weekend long before the Nurburing race. I think it was virtually the same time Imola was added to the calendar.

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    797
    Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    2 day weekend at Imola was planned before what happened in Germany.
    Quote Originally Posted by 330 p4 View Post
    This race was declared a 2 day weekend long before the Nurburing race. I think it was virtually the same time Imola was added to the calendar.
    Oh okay, thank goodness. In that case I take back my frustrated comments.
    Black Lives Matter
    We Race as One
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

  29. #29
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,136
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Lewis setting a fashion statement today duriing his scooter walk arount the track. It certainly is different.

    Everyone else is in proper team outfits......but not Lewis. He just has to be different.
    It's "The Car!" now It's the scooter! What really should and does stand out is his 92 wins so far and throw in 97 poles.

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    12,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    It's "The Car!" now It's the scooter! What really should and does stand out is his 92 wins so far and throw in 97 poles.
    This has to be ALWAYS stated out that from 2014 onward he was driving the car which was out of the league of others by a HUGE margin, and only one time, in 2016, when he had almost real team mate who had the right to fight him, he lost to NR!!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •