Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Formula 1 2020 Gran Premio Dell'emilia Romagna [IMOLA] - Practice & Qualifying

Formula 1 2020 Gran Premio Dell'emilia Romagna [IMOLA] - Practice & Qualifying

There's only 1 DRS zone

There's only 1 free practice. It starts tomorrow.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Tifosi 1993 Thank you for the great photos!! Hoping for a Ferrari podium and Both drivers in the points. Both Italia and all Ferrari fans need the break.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Tifosi 1993 Thank you for the great photos!! Hoping for a Ferrari podium and Both drivers in the points. Both Italia and all Ferrari fans need the break.
    That's the most sensible post you've made for ages, Brembo. bravo! And we got our wish, Kimi and GIO being retained by Alfa for 2021.

Imola in retrospect

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    That's the most sensible post you've made for ages, Brembo. bravo! And we got our wish, Kimi and GIO being retained by Alfa for 2021.
    Brembo is always sensible...it’s just he makes us senseless sometimes & he knows the result eventually.

Such beauty those cars used to be

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    There's only 1 DRS zone

There's only 1 free practice. It starts tomorrow.
    Any idea why only 1 free practice? Is this the way forward now?
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    Any idea why only 1 free practice? Is this the way forward now?
    The distance traveled from last week to this week PLUS the amount of tire compounds per driver is NOT the same from last week. Drivers have less compounds this week.

The drivers like it though....1 free practice.

Whether this will be the norm is up to Liberty.

Charles insists 3 practices is important to him. Figuring out the car and he says knowing the track with 3 practices is a great help to him. I also need 3 practices to make it to quali. and the race on Sunday!
    Last edited by Brembo; 30th October 2020 at 15:14.

Charles insists 3 practices is important to him. Figuring out the car and he says knowing the track with 3 practices is a great help to him. I also need 3 practices to make it to quali. and the race on Sunday!
    i like the 3 practices myself as well, it makes the race weekend more enjoyable with plenty of action....if the Liberty are to cut some of it, i think that ONE practice is not enough......i think TWO would be a good compromise, have one 1.5H on friday and then 1 hour on saturday before Quali should be OK.....i mean it will be the same for all drivers

but who knows how this will develop going into next year and beyond....

Lewis setting a fashion statement today duriing his scooter walk arount the track. It certainly is different.

Everyone else is in proper team outfits......but not Lewis. He just has to be different.

Lewis would never make it to the cat walk of Milan as a male model no chance .So keeping his fashion antics at the track suits me fine.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Lewis would never make it to the cat walk of Milan as a male model no chance .So keeping his fashion antics at the track suits me fine.
    That's not his intention.

Diversity is his intention....off the track. Whether it's his social media page, BLM, racial injustice or personal apparel, he's going against the norm of what an F1 driver is expected to do. In this case, everyone on the track walk was in team colored apparel....the kind you can purchase on F1 sites BUT not Lewis.

So Perez, Hulk and Mini-Schumi takes Haas and RB seats, or what?
    Albon is Thai, and RB owner is Thai, I guess, but can they keep Albon after such a bad year.
    Williams keeps Russell and Latifi.

The distance traveled from last week to this week PLUS the amount of tire compounds per driver is NOT the same from last week. Drivers have less compounds this week.

The drivers like it though....1 free practice.

Whether this will be the norm is up to Liberty.
    Sure the drivers might like it but I find it very strange that such a significant change of protocol was introduced so casually. Was this always the plan given that the schedule has been known for months now, or was this decided a few days ago? This is potentially very unprofessional, actually. Also, why do drivers have less compounds this week? Is it bad planning, poor execution, did someone mess up somewhere? Is this a result of genuinely abnormal circumstances or was this a decision taken lightly after observing the coincidental 1 practice last time out due to bad weather? Did the teams vote and agree on this beforehand? What if some teams benefitted while others were disadvantaged by 1 practice. I'm sorry, I haven't caught up on the news so I'm probably very uninformed about the material justifications. I really hope that's the case.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

So yet another anti-Ferrari situation that we agreed to? Pathetic!
    Forza Ferrari

Sure the drivers might like it but I find it very strange that such a significant change of protocol was introduced so casually. Was this always the plan given that the schedule has been known for months now, or was this decided a few days ago? This is potentially very unprofessional, actually. Also, why do drivers have less compounds this week? Is it bad planning, poor execution, did someone mess up somewhere? Is this a result of genuinely abnormal circumstances or was this a decision taken lightly after observing the coincidental 1 practice last time out due to bad weather? Did the teams vote and agree on this beforehand? What if some teams benefitted while others were disadvantaged by 1 practice. I'm sorry, I haven't caught up on the news so I'm probably very uninformed about the material justifications. I really hope that's the case.
    Isola(Pirelli) set the parameters that way from one weekend to the next weekend given the distance and time involved.

Isola(Pirelli) set the parameters that way from one weekend to the next weekend given the distance and time involved.
    Has this ever happened before?
    Forza Ferrari

Has this ever happened before?
    IHDK

This happened 2 races ago but not by design. In fact they will get 30 minutes more practice this weekend than they did at the Nurburing.

Quote Originally Posted by 330 p4 View Post
    This happened 2 races ago but not by design. In fact they will get 30 minutes more practice this weekend than they did at the Nurburing.
    That's what I'm saying, it seems like they saw how it panned out in Germany and they've haphazardly decided to implement it, which would be quite reckless in my opinion. Sure if circumstances force you then it's okay, but to change something so fundamental to F1 so casually just because you feel like it is just reckless.
    Forza Ferrari

2 day weekend at Imola was planned before what happened in Germany.
    Forza Ferrari

As if it was only yesterday.....
    Still remember watching that race....

That's what I'm saying, it seems like they saw how it panned out in Germany and they've haphazardly decided to implement it, which would be quite reckless in my opinion. Sure if circumstances force you then it's okay, but to change something so fundamental to F1 so casually just because you feel like it is just reckless.
    This race was declared a 2 day weekend long before the Nurburing race. I think it was virtually the same time Imola was added to the calendar.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    2 day weekend at Imola was planned before what happened in Germany.
    Quote Originally Posted by 330 p4 View Post
    This race was declared a 2 day weekend long before the Nurburing race. I think it was virtually the same time Imola was added to the calendar.
    Oh okay, thank goodness. In that case I take back my frustrated comments.
    Forza Ferrari

Lewis setting a fashion statement today duriing his scooter walk arount the track. It certainly is different.

Everyone else is in proper team outfits......but not Lewis. He just has to be different.
    It's "The Car!" now It's the scooter! What really should and does stand out is his 92 wins so far and throw in 97 poles.

It's "The Car!" now It's the scooter! What really should and does stand out is his 92 wins so far and throw in 97 poles.
    This has to be ALWAYS stated out that from 2014 onward he was driving the car which was out of the league of others by a HUGE margin, and only one time, in 2016, when he had almost real team mate who had the right to fight him, he lost to NR!!!