Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Turkish Grand Prix 2020 - Practices and Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    on race pace????
    Yes. From some ~20 laps they ran while testing race pace, that is an average I could find.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    Yes. From some ~20 laps they ran while testing race pace, that is an average I could find.
    well essentially is pretty much the same car as couple of weeks ago me thinks...coupled that with new asphalt and low grip, what is everyone else expecting miracles from OUR team???????? it's more or less where we've been for the past few reaces....at least we're better then where we were at the beginning of this year

Well I just read in it.motosport that we where the 2nd force o bit behind Ves in qualy mode BUT also in race pace. And that on the last part emptier on fuel and with mediums,Lec was the fastest !!!! On my tv live broadcast they also said the same thing ,that according to their live timing, Lec was on the same pace as Ves and faster then the Mercs!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Well I just read in it.motosport that we where the 2nd force o bit behind Ves in qualy mode BUT also in race pace. And that on the last part emptier on fuel and with mediums,Lec was the fastest !!!! On my tv live broadcast they also said the same thing ,that according to their live timing, Lec was on the same pace as Ves and faster then the Mercs!!!!
    dont' get your hopes up, Mercedes prolly turned their engines down for practice....

dont' get your hopes up, Mercedes prolly turned their engines down for practice....
    It's not that. Thay don't turn their engines down just for this race. Its probably because they might run with lesser wing because they calculate that this is how they will run on the race. Everybody estimates that when the track will evolve ,they will set up the cars with less wing.Us and RedBull run more charged today. I think this is the explanation for today's results and tomorrow from FP3 we will see the usual order. At least we could end up 3d force!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Hamilton already starting the Hamilton show.

Friday grip conditions were 'terrifying' in Turkey - Lewis Hamilton

https://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id...lewis-hamilton

Meanwhile, Charles posted on his insta that the “poor grip made the track better in his opinion”.

In my opinion, poor grip levels out the playing field a bit - the true drivers will shine. That is what you had Verstappen and Charles P1-P2. Hamilton should stop with his acting and stories, f1 is tired of it.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Charles seemed to enjoy the slippery track once he was dialled in, the track was washed this morning and recently resurfaced, the temps are low and also the possibility of some rain over the weekend.....so it's all to play for, and even Seb was in the top10 today. Good to see our cars near the top end even though it's only FP sessions, tomorrow and Sunday will be very interesting.

well essentially is pretty much the same car as couple of weeks ago me thinks...coupled that with new asphalt and low grip, what is everyone else expecting miracles from OUR team???????? it's more or less where we've been for the past few reaces....at least we're better then where we were at the beginning of this year
    Under Binotto, the upgrades have always been promising. Look at those upgrades from Singapore 2019, for example. McLaren have no choice but to essentially bring in next year's cars in this year itself since they have to use up tokens for the Mercedes engine. Racing Point just copied Mercedes design without understanding how they work and as a result they have a very varied pace. It is just a case of us staying where we are (after the upgrades) and everyone else going backwards.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Hamilton already starting the Hamilton show.

Friday grip conditions were 'terrifying' in Turkey - Lewis Hamilton

https://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id...lewis-hamilton

Meanwhile, Charles posted on his insta that the “poor grip made the track better in his opinion”.

In my opinion, poor grip levels out the playing field a bit - the true drivers will shine. That is what you had Verstappen and Charles P1-P2. Hamilton should stop with his acting and stories, f1 is tired of it.

Everyone, except Leclerc. has complained about the track being too slippery......resurfacing, temps, watering the track.

Tack organisers are running public transportation on the track to get it rubbered in.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Everyone, except Leclerc. has complained about the track being too slippery......resurfacing, temps, watering the track.

Tack organisers are running public transportation on the track to get it rubbered in.
    well pirelli know they &^^%$%$# UP by bringing harder compound tires and now Shamilton whines and cries me a river that there is no grip out there....so what do the do now???? they run public transportation so the track will somewhat get rubbered in a bit so that Shmilton cry baby will get POLE, WIN AND HIS 7th WDC....bunch of $%%$#$% hypocrites the FIA and Merc are

Leclerc vs Verstappen (long run + including track limit penalty times)

Leclerc: 9 laps on softs, average 1:33.586 (Best lap 1:32.620)

Verstappen: 9 laps on softs, average 1:33.311 (Best lap 1:31.988 with DRS)

Leclerc: 4 laps on mediums, average 1:33.701 (Best lap 1:31.272)

Verstappen: 3 laps on mediums, average 1:33.134 (Best lap 1:31.676)

We're a second a lap slower than Mercedes but 0.3 seconds a lap faster than Racing Point and about 0.5 seconds faster than McLaren.
    Bottas on softs, excluding slow cool down laps, 6 laps with an average lap time of 1:32.828 (Best lap 1:32.218)
    Bottas on mediums, 3 laps with an average 1:35.455 (Best lap 1:33.239)

Hamilton 5 laps on softs with an average 1:32.755 (Best lap 1:31.807)
    On mediums, excluding one cool down lap, 3 laps with an average 1:33.117 (Best lap 1:32.142)

So we are gonna challenge for a WIN on Sunday??

Weather permitting...I doubt it.

Lewis wins the WDC title at this race.....expect it.

Hopefully they decide the track is too dirty Sunday morning and decide to rewash it. Leclerc seems to like it, Hammy hates it.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Charles seemed to enjoy the slippery track once he was dialled in, the track was washed this morning and recently resurfaced, the temps are low and also the possibility of some rain over the weekend.....so it's all to play for, and even Seb was in the top10 today. Good to see our cars near the top end even though it's only FP sessions, tomorrow and Sunday will be very interesting.
    I did enjoy when Ferrari was P1, just for a few minutes, but that gave me some good memories.

Let’s win

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Vettel talked about Leclerc having an unique sense of grip than the conventional drivers which allowed him to keep the car under control in the Silverstone races where we ran with barely any downforce. Albon said the same thing in his Beyond the Grid. Maybe that is playing a factor here.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post

They should have done this ages ago to be honest, and Pirelli should have done their homework and brought better tyres. I'm not sure why nobody checked all this to make sure that the track is ready for the race weekend.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Should we even be making anything of these lap times? The first two sessions seem like a write-off to me.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    Should we even be making anything of these lap times? The first two sessions seem like a write-off to me.
    Apparently it rained in Istanbul and the track is slippery again. I think we can only know the true pace tomorrow in the race and that is assuming it doesn't rain tonight.

Apparently it rained in Istanbul and the track is slippery again. I think we can only know the true pace tomorrow in the race and that is assuming it doesn't rain tonight.
    Yep, it rained last night. Any rubber left on the track has been washed away.

Forecast for rain in quali is 40% chance.

Forecast for rain during the race is 60% chance.

This will be interesting. Who's got the skills??? Expect some safety cars during the race.

LOL, Ocon trying to blame Charles for that

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    LOL, Ocon trying to blame Charles for that
    Charles did "tap" Ocon from the rear.

Car's went from inters to full wets...

What could Charles do when Ocon put his car front of him, it was Ocons fault, nothing happened, but childish to try blame other driver when you are making something stupid

Interesting quali and race ahead, for sure, and Hamilton is not getting pole or win.

How's FP3 looking? What's happening?
    Forza Ferrari

what does Ham need to take the title? P3 i think.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    What could Charles do when Ocon put his car front of him, it was Ocons fault, nothing happened, but childish to try blame other driver when you are making something stupid
    Ocon was the lead car, Charles was behind and Charles entered the turn a bit later as Ocon cut the apex.....then the tap from Charles from behind....racing incident.

No harm no foul.

started heavy rain minute ago, session over I guess