Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Turkish Grand Prix 2020 - Practices and Qualifying

Leclerc is obviously a very fast driver. But being fast in the wet, aren't those skills you are born with, like Senna and Michael? I'm not sure to what degree a driver can 'learn' to be fast in the wet?

The team and drivers said it was all due to the inability to get the tyres into the correct window, how often have we heard that these past few seasons? I do believe that Charles can be competitive in the wet and both he and Seb had the same tyre issues, it doesn't bode well if it is a wet race tomorrow. It will all be a lottery if that happens, but well done Kimi and GIO for cheering me up.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    The team and drivers said it was all due to the inability to get the tyres into the correct window, how often have we heard that these past few seasons? I do believe that Charles can be competitive in the wet and both he and Seb had the same tyre issues, it doesn't bode well if it is a wet race tomorrow. It will all be a lottery if that happens, but well done Kimi and GIO for cheering me up.
    Charles can be. On intermediates in FP3 he was pretty fast. In Germany last year he was very fast until he slid over that line.

I really don't know if the cars of this period can have such a thing as a "wet set-up" It seems to me that that is a thing of the past.

*Also honestly didn't realise there was F1 on this weekend! It's pretty much dead to me now.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    He was also quite competitive in today's FP3. But still, I can't remember any eye catching wet weather performance from Leclerc. He needs to improve his wet driving, because getting outqualified by Vettel on both occasions this year when it rained, not a good thing.
    It wasn’t only 2 wet qualifying sessions this year it was 3, Austria, Hungary, and now in Turkey all 3 sessions vettel who clearly is not comfortable with the car has outqualified leclerc, also last year in Germany he crashed the previous year in Germany as well in the sauber had a 360 spin nearly put it in the wall, driving in the wet is clearly not leclerc’s favourite thing

Quote Originally Posted by gump1480 View Post
    I want the Quali to be wet. Will probably put to rest the "myth" that in rain it's the driver who can outshine the car and Lewis is the goat in rain.
    So it doesn't really matter who is driving the car in rain... as long as the car is very good in such conditions. Lewis in this year's Merc is beaten pants down by Stroll in last year's Merc !!! Even though Ferraris disappointed.. But it was a fun quali to watch.

Stroll is proving he’s good at least in these conditions.
    Merc - B team taken pole away from Merc - A team.

Lewis reaction ... as usual. When he doesn’t like the track or on top of quali, he makes lot of excuses.

Lewis did his quali. with extreme caution. He only needs to finish the race anywhere ahead of Bottas in the top 10 to win #7 WDC. Quali. conditions were so that any mistake could have put him out of the 10. Just look at Charles! I had him down for 3rd! One less pole or win will be worth it .

The FIA stewards are investigating an aborted engine change at AlphaTauri

Motorsport.com

Lewis for the most part doesn't need excuses for mistakes . 98,95 ,7 are good mistakes!! He should at least say he's proud of making mistakes, not make excuses. No other driver makes as many mistakes as Lewis . It's the" Car!!!" Were all those Bottas spins team orders ?? Max needs just 12 pts. + to finish #2 WDC . That other Merc rocket not in Lewis' hands proves without a doubt his driving is also what wins the races. Even @ R Bull, Max has allot to do with the results.
    Last edited by Brembo; 30th November 2020 at 09:04.