Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011
Results 301 to 313 of 313

Thread: Turkish Grand Prix 2020 - Race

  1. #301
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Helsinki
    Posts
    3,971
    RONNIE O'SULLIVAN reckons Lewis Hamilton can't be one of sport's greats because his car gives him an unfair advantage.

    The snooker world champion snubbed Hamilton from his list of all-time greats because F1 is not "a level playing field".

    "If you have a car that is going a second a lap quicker than the other cars, in theory all he has to beat is his team-mate Bottas – who seems to be comfortable and happy playing second fiddle.

    "I wouldn’t have felt as good about my career in snooker if I had been playing on a table where the pockets I was using were bigger than my opponent’s."

    https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/motor...f1-knighthood/

  2. #302
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,593
    Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Repetition, repetition, repetition..... Anything new...??!
    Repetition for sure. 94 wins . Lewis' 7th WDC was new when it happened. Now it's just another broken record by him. Repetitious as you say. There's 3 practices for the next race!

  3. #303
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,593
    Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    RONNIE O'SULLIVAN reckons Lewis Hamilton can't be one of sport's greats because his car gives him an unfair advantage.

    The snooker world champion snubbed Hamilton from his list of all-time greats because F1 is not "a level playing field".

    "If you have a car that is going a second a lap quicker than the other cars, in theory all he has to beat is his team-mate Bottas – who seems to be comfortable and happy playing second fiddle.

    "I wouldn’t have felt as good about my career in snooker if I had been playing on a table where the pockets I was using were bigger than my opponent’s."

    https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/motor...f1-knighthood/
    Does Ronnie know or at least admit Lewis doesn't demand or even ask for a undisputed #1 driver clause in his contract? Bottas is no way comfortable getting beat by Lewis. He just ain't got what it takes. The car is there but the driving just don't match up. @ R bull the driver Max is there but the car just can't match up. Same goes for Charles. Merc should be ashamed of themselves putting Lewis in that situation where he has a top car.

  4. #304
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Helsinki
    Posts
    3,971
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Does Ronnie know or at least admit Lewis doesn't demand or even ask for a undisputed #1 driver clause in his contract? Bottas is no way comfortable getting beat by Lewis. He just ain't got what it takes. The car is there but the driving just don't match up. @ R bull the driver Max is there but the car just can't match up. Same goes for Charles. Merc should be ashamed of themselves putting Lewis in that situation where he has a top car.
    I think you missed the point. Concentrate Brembro.

    "RONNIE O'SULLIVAN reckons Lewis Hamilton can't be one of sport's greats because his car gives him an unfair advantage."

  5. #305
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    8,729
    Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    RONNIE O'SULLIVAN reckons Lewis Hamilton can't be one of sport's greats because his car gives him an unfair advantage.

    The snooker world champion snubbed Hamilton from his list of all-time greats because F1 is not "a level playing field".

    "If you have a car that is going a second a lap quicker than the other cars, in theory all he has to beat is his team-mate Bottas – who seems to be comfortable and happy playing second fiddle.

    "I wouldn’t have felt as good about my career in snooker if I had been playing on a table where the pockets I was using were bigger than my opponent’s."

    https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/motor...f1-knighthood/
    This is utter garbage (I'm quoting someone whom is a member on the forum)....

    Btw, Ronnie may not know F1 but he's righ in-line with what Sir Jackie Stewart thinks of Lewis Hamilton's unfair advantage.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  6. #306
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,183
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Give it a rest man. I didn't slag your hero. I said Leclerc had the better race. You agree. Hamilton had another cruise to a win. I didn't say he didn't deserve it, I said I didn't think it was his best. And how was I inconsistent. hamilton only passed Perez - fact. Leclerc passed more cars - fact. Hamilton passed perez pretty easily down the straight with DRS- fact. I used Leclerc's pass on Perez to show that offline the track was still very wet and therefore passing cars was still pretty tough. how's that inconsistent? You're arguing with me because I don't share your view of the race. So what. I'm a lost cause because I don't fawn over Hamilton? I don't need to like your driver like you do. Stop insulting people that don't think like you.
    No you said LH put in an ordinary drive. It wasn't ordinary by any stretch of the imagination, except perhaps the imagination of a LH hater.
    Contrary to popular belief, black lives matter.
    We Race as One
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

  7. #307
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,183
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    So? Schumacher had many races with the best car when he could cruise to a win. But he's never had 6 years with the most dominant car.
    Did you cheer Schumacher on when he was winning from the front with the best car, or when Vettel was winning with the Newey rockets?
    Lol I didn't say anything about Schumacher's many cruises to victory. I said if it was Schumacher doing exactly what LH did in Turkey - winning from 6 in the wet in a car that was lacklustre all weekend - you would call it a great drive, yet you can't acknowledge that for LH. You get it now? I also said we are praising Leclerc for an exceptional drive but if it was LH who did that - drive from 14 to 3rd in car that was thrashing almost everyone in practice - you'd say it was the car. You get it now? Basically I'm saying you (plural) are being hypocritical in this regard.

    But to answer your question. I cheered loudly for Schumacher because he's my all-time favourite driver. I didn't cheer for Vettel because I didn't like him. I don't cheer for Lewis because I don't like him (not on track, anyway). But at no point did I ever let my driver preference cloud judgment to the point of denying the skill of the drivers I don't like.
    Contrary to popular belief, black lives matter.
    We Race as One
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

  8. #308
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    2,867
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Back then is back then.
    That is rich coming from you when you keep talking bout Reubens and Michael and Austria 2002 and you JUST said
    Back then 91 should have been 90 wins.
    RONNIE O'SULLIVAN reckons Lewis Hamilton can't be one of sport's greats because his car gives him an unfair advantage.
    Noooo... Really? lol
    Last edited by aroutis; 22nd November 2020 at 04:28.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

  9. #309
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    2,867
    Lol I didn't say anything about Schumacher's many cruises to victory. I said if it was Schumacher doing exactly what LH did in Turkey - winning from 6 in the wet in a car that was lacklustre all weekend - you would call it a great drive, yet you can't acknowledge that for LH
    You know what the issue is?
    If you count how many things like that with a non-perfect car Michael has done, you'll just lose count.
    On the other hand, Lulu has had a perfect car most of the times, yes, he has done some amazing drives with a not so great car too but most of the times it IS the car.
    This is why people don't and won't respect him. It's not the hate, it's that he won't get the respect because he has the car.
    Michael had the car in Ferrari for 2 years. TWO.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

  10. #310
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,593
    Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    You know what the issue is?
    If you count how many things like that with a non-perfect car Michael has done, you'll just lose count.
    On the other hand, Lulu has had a perfect car most of the times, yes, he has done some amazing drives with a not so great car too but most of the times it IS the car.
    This is why people don't and won't respect him. It's not the hate, it's that he won't get the respect because he has the car.
    Michael had the car in Ferrari for 2 years. TWO.
    Hopefully soon Ferrari will give Charles the top car and he will be the driver winning every race & poles. His success will be the same nothing just cheating to you ! It's gonna be " The Car!" not the driver. Unless you ARE what you labeled me as " A Hypocrite " in need of psychiatric treatment ! I hope Ferrari gives Charles a top car and he wins race after race even when the likes of you will say he's not a winner, it's the car. How can you not respect Max one of my favorite drivers who gives Lewis the only hard time while he's not in a top car. Remember when Nico beat hell out of Michael all 3 seasons when they were team mates! Michael needed " The Car!" You should stop praising Merc and their cars as the top unbeatable in all of F-1 .You push the fact Ferrari has no chance. That's trolling here @ this great Ferrari forum. You are Mia Katastrfi! I'm sure Charles will not ask for a #1 clause in his contract to be sure his team mate has to move over or lose his seat. All he will need to be the top driver is a good car from Ferrari in spite of your calling that cheating.

  11. #311
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,868
    Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    Lol I didn't say anything about Schumacher's many cruises to victory. I said if it was Schumacher doing exactly what LH did in Turkey - winning from 6 in the wet in a car that was lacklustre all weekend - you would call it a great drive, yet you can't acknowledge that for LH. You get it now? I also said we are praising Leclerc for an exceptional drive but if it was LH who did that - drive from 14 to 3rd in car that was thrashing almost everyone in practice - you'd say it was the car. You get it now? Basically I'm saying you (plural) are being hypocritical in this regard.

    But to answer your question. I cheered loudly for Schumacher because he's my all-time favourite driver. I didn't cheer for Vettel because I didn't like him. I don't cheer for Lewis because I don't like him (not on track, anyway). But at no point did I ever let my driver preference cloud judgment to the point of denying the skill of the drivers I don't like.
    Dude. Stop telling me what I think. I wasnt impressed with Hamilton driving the best car to another win where he had basically no competition. Yes he drove a good race and he was smart to wait for the race to come to him that's expected because hes rhe favourite with the best car and the best team. I would have been impressed if he came back from 14rh and passed some cars.

    Now.quit telling me which driver I need to like. I know Hamilton is one of the best. Doesnt mean I have to idolize him. You do. Congrats. I dont tell you who to favor. I'll make my own decisions.
    Best maybe to drop this. If you want to debate the race then debate the race. You need to stop labeling people just because they dont agree with you.

  12. #312
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    2,867
    You should stop praising Merc and their cars
    Who is praising merc? I am telling things as they are.
    Unless you ARE what you labeled me as " A Hypocrite "
    No no, that is you.
    You push the fact Ferrari has no chance
    No I don't. You are just trolling, per usual.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

  13. #313
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,593
    Our Ferrari drivers 3rd. and 4th. last race was great. Seb on the podium was really great. Could it be that Binotto's presence was Sebs main problem and not the car set up? I wish Binotto the best while staying home. it''s working wonders for the team so far. 3rd WCC is possible !

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •