Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Turkish Grand Prix 2020 - Race

I'm so happy to have Ferrari back on the podium! Almost both drivers! Binotto; please stay home ; don't go to any more races! The pit wall worked great!

Great drive by Vettel & Leclerc...!! It’s all down to driver abilities in these conditions.

Leclerc had the great pace, vettel managed a lot too using them as slicks as & when wanted.

Driver of the day (Vettel & Leclerc) for me...!!

Quote Originally Posted by doublesixes View Post
    We have top admit that LH is where he is because he can handle pressure and doesn't lose his concentration, doesn't make unforced errors. Regardless of the great machine he drives, he's the best of this recent era. Congratulations.
    Best of this era when there’s no other best to compete against him. Right machinery to the opponent will tell the actual picture.
    Congrats to Lewis for his 7th & 8th title in advance

Our boys did great today.
    Although it was a wet race, we don't always do well in such condition in the past.
    Its good to see we were really strong today.

And congrats to Lewis for being a 7 times WDC

Seb and Charles did well! Good driving guys!
    I won't be congratulating golden boy, When there's zero challenge and even your teammate is picked because he's useless and won't threaten you then the titles are meaningless.

Great drive from both our drivers. Leclerc made my heart beat again!!

(Edit: Imgur such a bad image hosting site, always messes up fidelity and the overall quality)

Well done to seb and Charles.Fair play to hamilton he drove a measured race and deserves the win.Bottas in no man's land even his role as hamiltons buttler is now beyond him.

Bottas spun 6 times in this race with a great car. Shows his capability to compete against Ham.

Great and unexpected P3/4 from our boys, shame about Charles locking up and losing the chance of P2, then losing his podium place to Seb. But what the hell, it was good to see both of our drivers doing a fantastic job in those conditions and getting good points for the team. Charles was not a happy soul on the team radio after the finish, that's for sure, but was gracious towards Seb. Once again the race fell into HAM's hands, did the DAS help him to keep his tyres intact for so long? I can't bring myself to congratulate him but accept that he is a worthy champion. A good day for Seb, Charles and the team (except for Seb's second stop), maybe Binotto should spend more time in Maranello! It was an exhausting race to watch so the drivers all deserved a medal. Best result for the team this year, against all the odds!

I just finished watching a replay of the race since I missed the live broadcast. Three things.
    1. What a drive by Leclerc. Absolutely incredible. After being so low down in the first few laps, he literally drove his way up the field. I'm so disappointed for him missing the podium at the very end. I'm glad that he lost it to Vettel though, who drove superbly himself.
    2. Well done to Vettel. I think he showed his skill and class today. He made a super start under the most tricky conditions, and then he kept it up there right through. I great day for Ferrari. Onwards and upwards.
    3. I don't care what anybody says, LH is a sensational driver. Wow! He had absolutely no business winning that race, and yet he did.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Ferrari on the podium was just great ! Both in the top 10!!! Binotto; please stay home ! Meanwhile Lewis could have stayed safely in 5th and still win the WDC. Getting that 94th win in those track conditions was really something to watch. It for sure was more than the car that got him that win. Seb has to be feeling great and rightfully so.

I'm pretty sure i've heard Binotto trying to calm down Charles. I think he was present at the track.

Post-race radio here -> https://streamable.com/8xl1mh

I love how when everyone was still wondering what to do next with the tyres, Leclerc pitted from 9th for fresh inters. Everyone then followed suit but it was too late, Leclerc jumped the cars in front. I loved it!
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Vettel: "I think that Charles is the greatest star of the future, even more than Max, he is good. In 10 years this missed podium won't make any difference to him"

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    Vettel: "I think that Charles is the greatest star of the future, even more than Max, he is good. In 10 years this missed podium won't make any difference to him"
    Awesome words coming from Vettel....

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    I love how when everyone was still wondering what to do next with the tyres, Leclerc pitted from 9th for fresh inters. Everyone then followed suit but it was too late, Leclerc jumped the cars in front. I loved it!
    Leclerc was gaining 4sec a lap. Not everyone followed suit.

Ocon did 46 laps on old inters, Perez did 48 laps on old inters, Kvyat did 49 laps on old inters and Lewis did 50 laps on old inters.......as the track evolved.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

I think the first race of 2020 where we looked competitive. Of course tricky driving conditions and a nightmare tarmac helped, but was so nice to see 2 Ferraris going for podiums and we might have nicked 2nd & 3rd. We came so close.
    Lec was fantastic last 2/3rd of the race. He deserved second. On the other hand, Seb did a splendid job at the launch and really showed his experience to get 3rd. Well deserved too.

I think it helps if Binotto stays home.

Imagine a year if our car was this competitive on all tracks from race 1. Sigh!!
    Silently, like a shadow

I don't care what anybody says, LH is a sensational driver. Wow! He had absolutely no business winning that race, and yet he did.
    Fully agree!
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Redfive View Post
    Seb and Charles did well! Good driving guys!
    I won't be congratulating golden boy, When there's zero challenge and even your teammate is picked because he's useless and won't threaten you then the titles are meaningless.
    Dont think he cares what people think. Its ridiculous if you can level criticism on LH for having zero challenge, after todays race. He had no business winning this race, and yet he did. He deserves the success he has achieved.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Driver of the day (Vettel & Leclerc) for me...!!
    +1
    Silently, like a shadow

I don't post often but, for what it's worth, Hamilton IS one of the greats. I despise his 'politics' and his whining but 'Congratulations!' Great drive to a seventh WDC!

Thoughts: LEC was immense (but not yet perfect!) and VET showed us why he's won four WDCs.

Bottas is not that clever and Max STILL makes mistakes!

I wish VET well for 2021.

What makes me happiest is that LEC is the stand-out prospect for the next few years - please God, may the Scuderia build him cars to match his talent, for if they do, he will be a multiple WDC.

#ForzaFerrari
    Trying to be less angry..

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    His only mistake was the start. His last ditch effort to go for the P2 is amendable and the main reason why he is the next big star of F1. The pace he showed today, especially during the middle stint when everyone was on intermediates was incredible.
    Agree. He was willing to take a calculated risk for that p2. Even though it didnt pan out, he has shown he will not settle for positions when there is an opportunity.
    About the start, am not sure it was a mistake. He showed maturity in waiting for the race to come to him rather than try some kamikaze move at the start and DNF. The boy is learning the long game.
    Super impressed by his drive today.
    And much as i hate to say it, even Seb was great today. Dont think he made a mistake, stellar start and consistent pace till the end.
    Good day for the team.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Leclerc was gaining 4sec a lap. Not everyone followed suit.

Ocon did 46 laps on old inters, Perez did 48 laps on old inters, Kvyat did 49 laps on old inters and Lewis did 50 laps on old inters.......as the track evolved.
    Lol obviously not everyone. But thanks for pointing that out anyway.
    Forza Ferrari

Lol obviously not everyone. But thanks for pointing that out anyway.
    Indeed, if they would have followed suit, Charles may have had a shot at winning the race....I know, I know....woulda, coulda, shoulda....lol

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    Dont think he cares what people think. Its ridiculous if you can level criticism on LH for having zero challenge, after todays race. He had no business winning this race, and yet he did. He deserves the success he has achieved.
    Maybe you should make an account on the Autosport forum, they are fanatical Hammy fans over there and worship the ground he walks on and I'm sure you'd feel more at home there than on a Ferrari forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Redfive View Post
    Maybe you should make an account on the Autosport forum, they are fanatical Hammy fans over there and worship the ground he walks on and I'm sure you'd feel more at home there than on a Ferrari forum.
    Kicked you out, did they?

when you hit puberty (maybe a bit later for you) you will learn to give credit where its due.
    Silently, like a shadow

He did beat Bottas, there was no competition as you can see my previous post, so credit for that, I dont know.

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    High class for SV