Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Turkish Grand Prix 2020 - Race

Binotto to Sky Italy: "The best race (Ferrari) of this year with me being at home? I announce, that I will also be in Maranello for the Bahrain GP..."

Don’t think Bahrain GP will be good for Ferrari.

Bahrain GP can't be worse than the last track! And Ferrari was on the podium !! Binotto at home is better than the current car improvements! With a little F-1 luck both our drivers will do a podium !! Anything but out of the points! Bottas with 6 spins out spun Seb so far this season!! I wonder if that's a record? He for sure has Lewis beat there.
    Last edited by Brembo; 16th November 2020 at 08:41.

Bahrain will be worse than Turkey. Low grip surface played into Ferrari but Bahrain is a power circuit. On the last lap in Turkey Racing Point without DRS came back against the Ferrari with DRS. Last season Ferrari had not sorted their car by Bahrain but were easily the fastest car due to the magic engine. This year the tables have turned and that's just the 1st race the 2nd is on that perimeter track, if one car makes a3 there it will be a good result. Thankfully only 3 races left and next season the engine should be very competitive.

Elkann said that 2022 we can win, and now we have powerful engine next year, what is going on here, maybe F1 is a fake show

BOTH Ferrari's starting outside the top ten (no, that was not good......) and then beating one Mercedes and BOTH Red Bulls.........whoopie!
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    Vettel: "I think that Charles is the greatest star of the future, even more than Max, he is good. In 10 years this missed podium won't make any difference to him"
    He termed “more than max”, this is what i was saying. Leclerc is more than max.
    Reason being simple, max is way too aggressive & impatient. Which is quite opposite to leclerc.

Leclerc waits for the opportunity/good in defensive doesn’t push others out of the race by hook or crook (max does opposite).

Only thing leclerc needs to handle is his radio comments. That’s it. If he has right car, he will break all those Lewis records of poles & races in short span if & only if FIA allows us to be competitive just like Mercs.

Bahrain 1 will be okay. Leclerc is always spectacular there, it's probably his favorite track. Plus it's a low grip rear limited track.

Bahrain 2, it's going to be painful. The car has definitely improved after SPA, but the oval track is all about engine power.

Abu Dhabi will suit our car nicely. The sector 3, which was our weakness last year, is going to be our strongest sector this year. Also the higher ambient temperature is better for our car.

Congrats to Hamilton but wasn't too impressed by his drive. I think he only passed Perez the whole race. When conditions were bad he was losing places and was competitive only when grip became available. LeClerc, though, was a monster passing so many cars even when the track was still very wet. Hats off to Vettel as well, kept Hammy behind him for so long. Albon was able to pass Vettel, Hamilton just bided his time and knew he'd be up front eventually, and then was able to pump in laps even with worn tires. No competition then.

Not that I watched it, didn't even realise it was on! (too busy watching the WEC and GT World Challenge) but I'm sure there used to be a rule about tyres having to still have grooves at the end for parc ferme? Or did I dream it?

Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    but I'm sure there used to be a rule about tyres having to still have grooves at the end for parc ferme? Or did I dream it?
    The tires did still have grooves (the ones that ran 45+ laps)....both fronts and rears......just not down the middle of the tire.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    Not that I watched it, didn't even realise it was on! (too busy watching the WEC and GT World Challenge) but I'm sure there used to be a rule about tyres having to still have grooves at the end for parc ferme? Or did I dream it?
    Wasn't that in the grooved tyre era?

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    The tires did still have grooves (the ones that ran 45+ laps)....both fronts and rears......just not down the middle of the tire.
    Ah thanks for that. What I read said they were basically slicks.

Quote Originally Posted by springfield View Post
    Wasn't that in the grooved tyre era?
    Yes, I'm sure that was a rule back then, just wondered whether it was still written in the rule book.

Just watched the grand prix lads and holy crap it was the best race so far in the season. Excellent drive by both of our drivers. Charles learnt a very valuable lesson and Sebastian showed that if the car suited him, he is still bloody quick.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    Vettel: "I think that Charles is the greatest star of the future, even more than Max, he is good. In 10 years this missed podium won't make any difference to him"
    Such a class act. He may not be the most adaptable driver out there but you can bet that he is the best in sportsmanship. Most other drivers who achieved what he did and if they would get shown up like Charles did to him this season, they'd blame the car and the team. I'd bet Senna, Prost, Alonso, Hamilton and depending on the stage of his career, even Michael would've done everything but acknowledge the younger driver's talent.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Congrats to Hamilton but wasn't too impressed by his drive.
    I myself was very impressed though. This kind of driving is his strength. The Mercedes was not the best car this weekend as Lewis demonstrated on saturday. He knew what to do the already after qualy, Bottas did not obviously.... Lewis was careful not to make mistakes in the first part of the race, did not try things that would make him spin the car but kept up with Vettel and the others and used tactics and tires very well. Then, when the circumstances got somewhat better he went for the lead, got it and they never saw him back......spectacular? No. A champion using his brains, his car and the circumstances to the ultimate maximum? Yes.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Experience counts as displayed by the top 3 finishers given the new track and inclement weather relating to the new track.

Those that lost their cool during the race, suffered from it and it showed.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Alonsomaniac View Post
    I myself was very impressed though. This kind of driving is his strength. The Mercedes was not the best car this weekend as Lewis demonstrated on saturday. He knew what to do the already after qualy, Bottas did not obviously.... Lewis was careful not to make mistakes in the first part of the race, did not try things that would make him spin the car but kept up with Vettel and the others and used tactics and tires very well. Then, when the circumstances got somewhat better he went for the lead, got it and they never saw him back......spectacular? No. A champion using his brains, his car and the circumstances to the ultimate maximum? Yes.

I didn't say it was a bad drive, but it sure wasn't a spectacular drive. He only passed Perez, and that's once his car hooked up. In bad conditions he was outgunned. Again he had a car that allowed him to sit back and wait for the race to come to him, and full marks to him , he took advantage of that. Albon passed Vettel pretty easily, Hamilton couldn't get by and was forced to drop back. Leclerc passed many drivers and in worse conditions. His was a spectacular race, and but for just a tiny slip up, he would have been 2nd.

such an exciting race

Brilliant from both Vettel & Leclerc, shame Leclerc threw away a Podium

Top notch effort from Perez, him being without a seat next year is unbelievable

What a trash Bottas is, not sure how can he look himself in the mirror. I know not his fault he is alongside Hamilton but honestly, getting lapped by the sister car?

Congratulations to Hamilton, he is a legend of this sport, drove an amazing race, perhaps an answer to those who think it's all about the car, not is talent, experience or his intelligence

Lewis' win was no big deal; he did it 93 times already! He could have finished safely in 5th. and still did his 7th. WDC. But racing to finish the winner is what F-1 is all about. We Ferrari fans even got a podium !! What a sad result for the anti Lewis fans not being able to say he stood safely in 5th. just to reach that 7th. WDC. That's not racing it's greed! Instead he did a 94 letting racing fans have something to be excited about watching him come up from behind in some real bad conditions. We Ferrari fans had that and our podium finish to keep us watching the F-1 race till the end. Binotto please stay home!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Lewis' win was no big deal; he did it 93 times already! He could have finished safely in 5th. and still did his 7th. WDC. But racing to finish the winner is what F-1 is all about. We Ferrari fans even got a podium !! What a sad result for the anti Lewis fans not being able to say he stood safely in 5th. just to reach that 7th. WDC. That's not racing it's greed! Instead he did a 94 letting racing fans have something to be excited about watching him come up from behind in some real bad conditions. We Ferrari fans had that and our podium finish to keep us watching the F-1 race till the end. Binotto please stay home!
    Yeah, I guess the thing which he has really improved upon in last 3-4 years is the way he calculates when to attack and when to play safe and let the race/championship come to you, he has multiple gears. Most of the drivers think they only have 7th gear

Come on lewis end this contract saga.Its always about the money mate black or white the cash talks.I suspect mercedes are baulking at your price.They are not stupid do you really think you are really worth multi millions more than the rest of the drivers.lewis you will make no difference on the world stage at any political level.So stop talking with political rhetoric mate because you really do not get it and something you are not number1 at except that and stop playing mind games with mercedes.They are better at it than you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Yeah, I guess the thing which he has really improved upon in last 3-4 years is the way he calculates when to attack and when to play safe and let the race/championship come to you, he has multiple gears. Most of the drivers think they only have 7th gear
    Very true. When was the last time Lewis was in a winning position but then spun out or hit another car costing him a win? The driver not the car does the calculating as you so well said, when to play safe and when to attack . As proof; winning that last race required a lot of calculating on his part, deciding not to win his 7th. WDC just by playing save in 5th.I believe waiting for tire temp. to be at the best was what Lewis did right. Following a drivers political ideas and comments is purely optional for F-1 fans to do or not to do. Lewis working on getting his best deal $$$ sounds like he's really on top of his game with regards to his future. He knows Merc can well afford to pay him what he wants. F-1 wise, Merc never had it so good. He for sure is a big reason for the success. Bottas...where are you ??
    Last edited by Brembo; 17th November 2020 at 09:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Congrats to Hamilton but wasn't too impressed by his drive. I think he only passed Perez the whole race. When conditions were bad he was losing places and was competitive only when grip became available. LeClerc, though, was a monster passing so many cars even when the track was still very wet. Hats off to Vettel as well, kept Hammy behind him for so long. Albon was able to pass Vettel, Hamilton just bided his time and knew he'd be up front eventually, and then was able to pump in laps even with worn tires. No competition then.
    It's a problem when hatred for LH clouds one's recollection of events. Leclerc only passed two cars in the wet I think (maybe 3) - Russell and a struggling Stroll . The rest he leapfrogged on his two pit stops, and then did a few overtakes when there was more grip, and also some of them spun themselves out of contention. Yes, Lewis was struggling badly in the wet, in fact he was struggling all weekend. But he didn't do anything silly, no major spins, and despite struggling more than most, he still went on to win. If you can't at least appreciate that you really shouldn't be an F1 fan.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

+1
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Come on lewis end this contract saga.Its always about the money mate black or white the cash talks.I suspect mercedes are baulking at your price.They are not stupid do you really think you are really worth multi millions more than the rest of the drivers.lewis you will make no difference on the world stage at any political level.So stop talking with political rhetoric mate because you really do not get it and something you are not number1 at except that and stop playing mind games with mercedes.They are better at it than you are.
    At least Ferrari played it smart with Seb's 50 million $$ contract. 4 WDCs with R Bull, he deserved Ferrari's paying him for that. Merc is dealing with A Merc WDC winner who got them the WCC. early in the season for sure. Imagine if Merc depended on Bottas even giving him an equal car. Whoever follows F-1 has to agree with Lewis asking for what ever he can get . Imagine him taking any offer just to be a nice guy. What else could Lewis accomplish to deserve a top pay from a team that's loaded$$ . Remember also he doesn't even ask for a #1 driver status written in his contract. I would have asked Lewis to pay for the paint jobs on the cars, that's about it!

+2

I think those who doubt Hamilton's ability as a driver need to check their brain out. I mean sure, most of us here are Ferrari fans and we're pretty biased against other drivers, but downplaying the ability of a 7x WDC is quite laughable. And no, it's not just his tenure at Mercedes, Hamilton also won races with pretty bad cars and performed well with them. People talk about his 2011 season as if no other top driver had an off season.

And even in 2011, he was faster than Button. And I guess he was a bit frustrated with Mclaren and their inability to provide with a great car, just like Alonso got frustrated after 2013 season.

And we lost both the titles in 2017 and 2018 to driver Hamilton. So maybe atleast, show some appreciations, no one is asking you to kiss his rear end.

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    I love how when everyone was still wondering what to do next with the tyres, Leclerc pitted from 9th for fresh inters. Everyone then followed suit but it was too late, Leclerc jumped the cars in front. I loved it!
    Mainly because of the lap times Charles was pulling out. On lap 4, Charles was a minute behind Perez and more than 50 seconds behind Vettel. If it wasn't for the dirty side and average start, he would've dominated the 2020 Turkish GP.

But I know, should, woulda, coulda...etc

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    +2

I think those who doubt Hamilton's ability as a driver need to check their brain out. I mean sure, most of us here are Ferrari fans and we're pretty biased against other drivers, but downplaying the ability of a 7x WDC is quite laughable. And no, it's not just his tenure at Mercedes, Hamilton also won races with pretty bad cars and performed well with them. People talk about his 2011 season as if no other top driver had an off season.

And even in 2011, he was faster than Button. And I guess he was a bit frustrated with Mclaren and their inability to provide with a great car, just like Alonso got frustrated after 2013 season.

And we lost both the titles in 2017 and 2018 to driver Hamilton. So maybe atleast, show some appreciations, no one is asking you to kiss his rear end.
    Its not about doubting his ability, he is definitely a great racer and has talent. I disagree however with calling him the "Goat". You cannot deny the fact that for 6 of his titles he only had to fight 1 other driver, and Bottas has proven time and time again that he is absolutely useless. Hamilton has been fortunate enough to drive the strongest car in F1 history. I refer to an old quote from Marko from testing last year where the rookie Mazepin jumped into the W10 and took P1 straight away:

Speaking to Auto Bild, he said: “That a second-class Formula 2 driver is fast right off the bat in the Mercedes shows just how superior it is. More superior than ever.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/marko-...w10-dominance/ - If your interested.

Plain and simple, Mercedes has produced the most dominant cars in the history of F1 - Hamilton has benefitted from that.

I hope Ferrari has their day again soon; Leclerc is too talented to waste and I am dreaming of adding to our 16 WCC titles!
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Schumacher is the GOAT. He was two seconds a lap faster than Alesi and Berger in the same car. He competed against better drivers and more competitive manufacturers. Who have mercedes competed against? Us? Schumi had Williams, McLaren, Renault at the top of there game at one point or another and saw them off. He came back from a broken leg, Lewis cries if he has a flat spot. No comparison. No debate. They'll throw the old race card for not having him in the conversation but it's nothing to do with race. Bottas isn't even a top ten driver and has provided hardly no competition. Rosberg was inferior to Lewis and still managed to beat him one season. Any driver on the grid could finish at least second in that car and the better drivers would challenge Hamilton.