Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Sakhir GP 2020 - Race

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Surprised to see Leclerc getting the penalty, my first instinct was it was Perez's fault. However, great win for the Mexican, Redbull need to replace Albon with Perez. Albon is down i confidence, 2021 could easily get worse for him.

Russel, as expected did show some character. He has good future, and what about Lord Bottas? Waste of a seat, absolute trash, and pls don't compare him with Rubens. Webber, Rubens at least had backbones and showed occasional fights, Bottas has zero character
    Same here. Thought Perez had left the opening and Leclerc went for it. Usually driver's won't close the door like that on starts. Even though Leclerc was a little eager I felt Perez' move was pretty harsh considering how many cars were fighting for spots.

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    How many times have we said this? At some point it starts becoming a concern.

Not sure. How many accidents has he caused off the line in his 40+ F1 starts?

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post

2 so far in 2020. Leclerc hit Stroll in 1 race. Leclerc hit Perez this last race. Both incidents were corner incidents and in both times Leclerc apologised.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Just thinking... No conspiracy theory...
    How come the best team in last 7 season, performing every race like well oiled machine, almost like robots, mess up big time in a race when there was no pressure at all?! Their driver comfortable won WDC, they as a team did the same with CWC, only competition they possibly had in this race was out in the first half of first lap, conditions ware perfect, lead over second best car was more than comfortable, their drivers ware literally cruising to the victory and than they made such mistake!?!
    To me it is suspicious, at least....
    Like how a certain Italian driver went to Ferrari after a very strange Q in Spa?
    Or how a certain team's garage went on fire under mysterious circumstances after a race win, coincided with the birthday of their founder?
    Or how...

I stopped believing that F1 is a "sport" ages ago...

Quote Originally Posted by tpe View Post
    Like how a certain Italian driver went to Ferrari after a very strange Q in Spa?
    Or how a certain team's garage went on fire under mysterious circumstances after a race win, coincided with the birthday of their founder?
    Or how...

I stopped believing that F1 is a "sport" ages ago...
    Any other examples?

Charles is making my life difficult.......I am a Ferrari fan living in Verstappen country........don't do it again Charlie! (but still, that qualifying lap....ooohh)
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Quote Originally Posted by Alonsomaniac View Post
    Charles is making my life difficult.......I am a Ferrari fan living in Verstappen country........don't do it again Charlie! (but still, that qualifying lap....ooohh)
    I like your comment about Charles...he made a dumb mistake....kind of like what Max used to do years back....lol

Anyways, about your signature....there’s no way this years prancing horse can outrun anyone that runs like the wind....this year our car has got a donkey in the back of it....

Hopefully next yers engine will be more powerful

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    2 so far in 2020. Leclerc hit Stroll in 1 race. Leclerc hit Perez this last race. Both incidents were corner incidents and in both times Leclerc apologised.
    Yup. And we used to call MAx Crashtappen. He turned out pretty good. Russel spun behind the safety car and once on the way to the grid if I remember correctly and he's OK. So point is, these young guys will makes mistakes. It sucks when it's one of our cars, but at least he has the speed to back up his mistakes and the humility to accept blame. I'm pretty sure he can overcome a few mistakes.

Move on all ferrari fans the pros and cons of this dreadful season have been flogged beyond recognition rest in peace season 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Alonsomaniac View Post
    I rewatched the onboards on every start this year by Leclerc and it turns out that he was aggressive in every one of them bar, Silverstone and Turkey. It also turns out that he gained about 60 points all thanks to these moves he made on the opening lap. I think he understands the risks but still continued to do it because that's what earned him so many points. This year, Vettel has been a somewhat clean starter and had a very few incidents on lap 1 (except in Imola where he ruined Magnussen's race). If we hadn't taken the risk to promote him to Ferrari and retained Kimi, who is also a really clean driver, we likely wouldn't have crossed 50 points in the constructor's standings this year.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

The issue this year has been our lack of speed in the races, I understand Charles being aggressive at the start to try to make up the lack of power and get track position but it's always going to be futile when we are sitting ducks and the pit crew manage to screw up so often.

Russel as we all know was driving " The Car!!" The opinion here is the Merc car; not the driver is what did the record breaking. If Russel would have won the race and beat Bottas which looked like it could have happened but for the pit and puncture disaster; as so many fans here say any driver in that car would be a winner, I can't understand how Russel shot up to be among the top drivers possibly getting Bottas kicked out contract and all for next year. Claire for sure held on to him so as to make her deal to sell Williams secure. We all know what happened but ...he finished 9th behind Bottas, From 18th to1st! Perez won. Meanwhile Charles is doing all he can with his car and should and does get all my respect for his efforts. He could very well have been less aggressive these last races and just blame the car. We are lucky to have him!
    Last edited by Brembo; 9th December 2020 at 09:11.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    The issue this year has been our lack of speed in the races, I understand Charles being aggressive at the start to try to make up the lack of power and get track position but it's always going to be futile when we are sitting ducks and the pit crew manage to screw up so often.
    Those starts along with the qualifying helped him gain nearly 60 points he wouldn't have made otherwise. He isn't the type of driver to make the same mistake twice but this year's car is forcing him to. If he was calm and composed on the starting laps this year, Ferrari would've finished 7th in the constructor's with even Alpha Tauri being 50+ points ahead.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Russel as we all know was driving " The Car!!" The opinion here is the Merc car; not the driver is what did the record breaking. If Russel would have won the race and beat Bottas which looked like it could have happened but for the pit and puncture disaster; as so many fans here say any driver in that car would be a winner, I can't understand how Russel shot up to be among the top drivers possibly getting Bottas kicked out contract and all for next year. Claire for sure held on to him so as to make her deal to sell Williams secure. We all know what happened but ...he finished 9th behind Bottas, From 18th to1st! Perez won. Meanwhile Charles is doing all he can with his car and should and does get all my respect for his efforts. He could very well have been less aggressive these last races and just blame the car. We are lucky to have him!
    Yes, but everyone could see for themselves that his performance was superior to Bottas, his lower position was not due to any of his own actions. It's clear he would have won the race.

He was driving in a cockpit too small for him, had to wear a size smaller foot just to use the pedals and only had 2 days of testing to learn the new car and it's settings. Even in the race he was asking about buttons and settings on the steering wheel and was still faster.

The driver he was up against had a season of experience in the current car and several years in the team and the car was built for him.

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post

He was driving in a cockpit too small for him, had to wear a size smaller foot just to use the pedals and only had 2 days of testing to learn the new car and it's settings. Even in the race he was asking about buttons and settings on the steering wheel and was still faster.

The driver he was up against had a season of experience in the current car and several years in the team and the car was built for him.
    Everything you mention here is true and as you say he was still faster and probably the winner if he didn't have the pit and puncture disaster; which only confirms what the majority of fans on this forum 100% believe any F-1 driver in that "Car" would have won that race and most every race they are in . With all that was against Russel not fitting in the cockpit, pushing wrong buttons, that car was still the fastest and up front ready to take him to the podium a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    I like your comment about Charles...he made a dumb mistake....kind of like what Max used to do years back....lol

Anyways, about your signature....there’s no way this years prancing horse can outrun anyone that runs like the wind....this year our car has got a donkey in the back of it....

Hopefully next yers engine will be more powerful

The signature stays, just like my belief in Ferrari ;)

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    I rewatched the onboards on every start this year by Leclerc and it turns out that he was aggressive in every one of them bar, Silverstone and Turkey. It also turns out that he gained about 60 points all thanks to these moves he made on the opening lap. I think he understands the risks but still continued to do it because that's what earned him so many points. This year, Vettel has been a somewhat clean starter and had a very few incidents on lap 1 (except in Imola where he ruined Magnussen's race). If we hadn't taken the risk to promote him to Ferrari and retained Kimi, who is also a really clean driver, we likely wouldn't have crossed 50 points in the constructor's standings this year.
    I know very well how Charles got the points he has, I like him for his way of driving. He is a real old-fashioned racer and that's great. I said: "Don't do it again Charlie!" because I live in the Netherlands an d we have a lot of Verstappen hooligans....eh fans over here. They were not very amused......... It wasn't meant as a serious comment though, I hope he will be just as agressive as always this weekend.

Same here. Thought Perez had left the opening and Leclerc went for it. Usually driver's won't close the door like that on starts. Even though Leclerc was a little eager I felt Perez' move was pretty harsh considering how many cars were fighting for spots.
    Replays show that Perez left more than enough space.

Touché
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Charles is a clean legit driver. Aggressive when he has to be . He's no way as bad as the past unnecessary " Hard Racing" drivers.

this scene looks like in dream