Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sebastian Vettel tribute thread

Big Grin Sebastian Vettel tribute thread

14 wins, 55 podiums, 12 pole positions as a Ferrari driver, these stats put Sebastian Vettel in the third position in a list of the most successful Ferrari drivers, behind Niki Lauda and Michael Schumacher. It's been a great 6 years watching him in red and although, he didn't achieve what he and Ferrari would've wanted, but one can't deny that he did try bloody hard chasing it. This is his last week driving for our beloved team.

I personally, will never forget about the first time he won for us in Sepang in 2015. His ecstatic scream genuinely gave me goosebumps. He continued with an excellent form that season, winning 2 more races and almost stealing the P2 in the driver's championship away from Rosberg, in an incredibly dominant Mercedes.

I wish him all the best for his time at Aston Martin and hope he gives a lot to the sport, in hopefully, a bunched up grid in 2022. Danke Seb! Forza Ferrari!
    Last edited by MSC Fan; 8th December 2020 at 11:58.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    14 wins, 55 podiums, 12 pole positions as a Ferrari driver, these stats put Sebastian Vettel in the third position in a list of the most successful Ferrari drivers, behind Niki Lauda and Michael Schumacher. It's been a great 5 years watching him in red and although, he didn't achieve what he and Ferrari would've wanted, but one can't deny that he did try bloody hard chasing it. This is his last week driving for our beloved team.

I personally, will never forget about the first time he won for us in Sepang in 2015. His ecstatic scream genuinely gave me goosebumps. He continued with an excellent form that season, winning 2 more races and almost stealing the P2 in the driver's championship away from Rosberg, in an incredibly dominant Mercedes.

I wish him all the best for his time at Aston Martin and hope he still to gives a lot to the sport, in hopefully, a bunched up grid in 2022. Danke Seb! Forza Ferrari!
    Vettel got beat by Daniel Ricciardo at RedBull.

Vettel is getting beatin by Leclerc....since 2019 (Leclerc's 2nd year in F1 and 1st year with Ferrari)....regardless how crappy the car is.

Maybe his move to Aston Martin F1 against Stroll will help hsi stature against the Vettel pundits....but I'm not delusional.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Vettel got beat by Daniel Ricciardo at RedBull.

Vettel is getting beatin by Leclerc....since 2019 (Leclerc's 2nd year in F1 and 1st year with Ferrari)....regardless how crappy the car is.

Maybe his move to Aston Martin F1 against Stroll will help hsi stature against the Vettel pundits....but I'm not delusional.
    Not denying any of this but come on show some respect. It's his last weekend with us.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Not denying any of this but come on show some respect. It's his last weekend with us.
    Well said.
    Forza Ferrari

Grazie Seb gave us some good times, shame a title was just out of reach a couple of times or things would look so much different.
    Forza Ferrari

Vettel is a good driver and thank-you for joining Ferrari.

That's about all the respect he's gonna get from me.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

He gave his best. Thank you for this.
    Thing is, it was not enough.

Thank you for the good times.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Gave his best, was always breathing Ferrari 100% and for that thank you Seb. Wish him good luck in Aston Martin!

Achieved his lifelong dream of driving for Ferrari. That's all there is to say.

Personally, I think VET gets a rough deal - mainly because he's not Schuey!

Yes, he's made mistakes aplenty and yes, maybe a Max, a LEC or an ALO would have wrung more out of the car and challenged 'Sir' Lew. Not sure anybody was gong to beat the Silver Rocketship to be fair. Third behind Lauda and Schumacher isn't the worst outcome.

Not sure how much of RP/ Aston Martin is actually a Mercedes but at least he's going to a team that isn't, unlike the one he's leaving, run by a troop of circus clowns..
    Trying to be less angry..

Average driver at BEST...that’s how I would describe Seb Vettel....who’s most likely gonna get beat by Stroller next year

I don't think STR will get close to VET. If he does, then VET will need to 'consider his position'.

Personally, I think Stroll is garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    I don't think STR will get close to VET. If he does, then VET will need to 'consider his position'.

And only in the team because Daddy owns it. Yet they sacked Perez!!

Yeah, you’re probably right...but it would be funny if it did happen though...

And only in the team because Daddy owns it. Yet they sacked Perez!!

Yeah, I don’t agree with the decision to let Perez go as he’s a brilliant driver....but like you said, at the end of the day daddy owns the team so poor Perez has to go.....the guy that brought them the most points to keep 3rd in the WCC....

Seb sure new, knows; how to make a buck $$ doing what he loves to do. He had and has a great life ahead. The best to him.

Vettel came at the right time. He invigorated Ferrari and they answered. They gave him some good cars and some bad cars. He was well liked by everyone in the team and he gave us some good years. Unfortunately things didn't work out, but I don't feel any animosity towards him.
    He's had the bad luck to be squared up against 2 hot young guns in his career and personally I don't think too many drivers would have fared much better than he did. Russel proved that in the last race that these young guys are the real deal and I have no doubt that if he gets the drive in the second Merc, Lewis will be in for a year like Vettel has had.
    So all the best for Vettel in Aston Martin, but hoping that he'll always be behind at least one red car.

All the best Vettel. Above avg driver & nice gentleman.
    Sad that he couldn’t achieve his dream with Ferrari.

Wherever he goes, I vote for him because he’s a Ex Ferrari driver. As we did similar with Barichello/Massa/Schumi/Alonso/Kimi etc.

Have a good journey at Aston Martin.

On the similar note can we also start “Welcome Sainz” thread.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    On the similar note can we also start “Welcome Sainz” thread.
    We'll do that after Abu Dhabi.

Twitter [@ScuderiaFerrari] : One last time together 🇩🇪 ❤️ #essereFerrari #GrazieSeb

https://twitter.com/ScuderiaFerrari/...00062829305860

Thank you Sebastian, for all these years in Ferrari. It was no secret Ferrari was his dream team and sad he couldn't achieve the success he hoped. All the best for future endeavors

I wish he is filming the entire last weekend with Ferrari, like Fernando did

I never thought I'd accept him at Ferrari after his Red Bull success where he robbed our drivers of WDCs with such apparent ease. His first race with Ferrari changed my mind, of course, and he appeared to be heading for glory and following in Michael's footsteps. He was up against a dominant Merc/Hamilton combination and nearly managed it but then it all fell apart, painful for him and the tifosi. I won't be supporting him at Aston but would like to think he still has the hunger and ability to at least be competitive. Thanks for trying, it wasn't a complete failure and there were some wonderful moments.
    Last edited by wisepie; 11th December 2020 at 07:35.

Mistakes were made on both sides, driver and team. But they really tried, Vettel and Ferrari. It just did not work out and then you reach a moment where belief in success is lost. Then it's time to say goodbye and part as friends. We as fans should also part with Vettel as friends and wish him all the best. I'm sure a part of him will always stay red. Thanks Seb!
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Quote Originally Posted by Alonsomaniac View Post
    Mistakes were made on both sides, driver and team. But they really tried, Vettel and Ferrari. It just did not work out and then you reach a moment where belief in success is lost. Then it's time to say goodbye and part as friends. We as fans should also part with Vettel as friends and wish him all the best. I'm sure a part of him will always stay red. Thanks Seb!
    Well said!
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

0.2 s/lap faster car and he'd be a 6-time WDC by now. It was just slow enough to allow mistakes and the FIA to ruin it.

Alles gute an ein Perzönliches Niveau, aber wir müssen trotzdem ihn auf der Rennstrecke schlagen

Quote Originally Posted by Alonsomaniac View Post
    Perfectly said ..!!

Seb never a failure more like many hit and miss opportunities.With some luck he could have one1 or possibly 2 titles with ferrari but I guess we will never ever know.

Sad that he's leaving without any more titles added, he missed one simply because our pit crew and wall were not up to winning levels.
    Good luck in his future.

Quote Originally Posted by ragfone View Post
    he missed one simply because our pit crew and wall were not up to winning levels.
    Are you sure? that was the sole reason