Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2020 - Race

Congrats Max...job well done.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Congrats to Max...utterly dominant performance. He and Charles are the future of this sport.

Good bye 2020, bring on 2021

I don't know what to say... It's finally over I guess.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Waiting for winter testing...!!

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Waiting for winter testing...!!
    Long way till March

Thank God that's over, not pitting Charles under the SC was a mistake but probably wouldn't have made any difference, another embarrassing and painful race. Charles also dropped to P8 in WDC. Arrivederci F1 2020 finalmente.

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz View Post
    Long way till March
    Nothing else to do till then... except waiting for rumours & all.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Thanks God that's over, not pitting Charles under the SC was a mistake but probably wouldn't have made any difference, another embarrassing and painful race.
    Yup doesn’t make any difference. Car & team lacks everything except drivers.
    Race pace/quali/Pit crew/Strategy, Don’t know how these will be addressed next year.

Congrats to Mclaren team for finishing Top3 in WCC. They’ve got good car & drivers.

RIP SEASON 2020 FOR FERRARI ITS BEEN A SHOCKER.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    I said goodbye after first race
    No you didn't. You were here throughout.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Decent weekend for Alex. It might just save his seat. I would still love to see Perez in that car but unfortunately it's not RB's responsibility to save his career.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Thank God that's over, not pitting Charles under the SC was a mistake but probably wouldn't have made any difference, another embarrassing and painful race. Charles also dropped to P8 in WDC. Arrivederci F1 2020 finalmente.
    For once, I think it was the right call. It was lap 9, and we were on hards and mediums. Of course, giving Vettel the team order to over here like Reanult did with Ocon and Ricciardo, would've been optimal. But Vettel isn't Ricciardo.

Charles got stuck behind Vettel, that was the only bad situation. The strategy call was fine.

The season is finally over. Plenty of changes to look forward to look forward to in terms of driver lineups. I really hope we turn up with a potential race winner.
    Forza Ferrari

This season has been embarrassing. We've been humiliated as cheaters and beaten by lesser drivers. I hope Maranello has been enraged enough to work ten times harder.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Wow...am I glad this season is finally over. WDC hopes rest on 2022, but I hope that next year we are in top 3, we cannot be lower then this that is for sure.

As for the race, boringfest not seen in a long time. Vettel drove his race and didn't give in to Charles, would be bad to call strat call to let him go anyway, its last race we look bad anyway.

So happy it's 021 although do t will be close to Merc will be nice to be ahead of all the rubbish teams Ferrari had to suffer to this year.over and that stupid engine rule can go with it. Should be much better 2

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    Wow...am I glad this season is finally over. WDC hopes rest on 2022, but I hope that next year we are in top 3, we cannot be lower then this that is for sure.

As for the race, boringfest not seen in a long time. Vettel drove his race and didn't give in to Charles, would be bad to call strat call to let him go anyway, its last race we look bad anyway.
    McLaren with Mercedes engine are strong contenders for P2. P3 looks tough, P4 may be reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    No you didn't. You were here throughout.
    What does that have to do with anything?!?!?!
    I was here for almost every race, but I said good bye after first race to any hope of doing anything this season!!!

For me, the most unfortunate take away from this season is this.
    As Vettel leaves Ferrari today, we are even further away from being a winning team than we did when Alonso left Ferrari.

I hope we can somehow find a fix for the engine, as we wait for the new cars in 2022. As I understand, the engine will be freeze soon, and a new formula wont be introduced anytime soon.
    So if we can't fix our engine by 2022, the new aero regulation may not even save us.

That said, this year I really enjoy watching F1 going to tracks that wasn't supposed to be on the schedule. Loved watching modern F1 racing in Imola
    We owe a huge thanks to all the people who managed to make these 17 races happen in the middle of a global pandemic

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Stroll is useless
    Stroll finished in the points. I wished that our drivers would have come out that useless in the points at least. He finished the season with 75 points Our 4x WDC guy 33 points. Did you mean Stroll to be useless to Ferrari?

Jesus wept! 13th and 14th in a race duller than most - livened up only by the Mercs NOT winning.

LEC must be wondering why he signed a long-term deal.
    VET must be delighted to get out.
    SAI must be wondering why he's signed - and is leaving the McMowers just as they find their mojo.
    PER must be sad that a garbage driver like STR gets to stay in F1 whilst he's in theory without a drive.

Ferrari could save a fortune in salaries if we just signed GRO and STR then, if and when we EVER built a top car, we could buy some proper drivers! #FedUp #Angry
    Trying to be less angry..

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    McLaren with Mercedes engine are strong contenders for P2. P3 looks tough, P4 may be reasonable.
    Mercedes P1 and P2

RedBull P3.....and possibly P4

Mclaren P5 or P4 and P6 or P5

Aston Martin P6 and P7

the drivers from RedBull, Aston Martin, and Mclaren will be fighting for those positions--> p4 thru P7

What's reasonable is P8 for Leclerc........and I stress reasonable IF Gasly pulls off another stellar year like he did in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Last race of the year. Who will end up in 3rd place in the WCC.
    McLaren !

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    Jesus wept! 13th and 14th in a race duller than most - livened up only by the Mercs NOT winning.

SAI must be wondering why he's signed - and is leaving the McMowers just as they find their mojo.
    PER must be sad that a garbage driver like STR gets to stay in F1 whilst he's in theory without a drive.

Ferrari could save a fortune in salaries if we just signed GRO and STR then, if and when we EVER built a top car, we could buy some proper drivers! #FedUp #Angry
    Every single word

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Stroll finished in the points. I wished that our drivers would have come out that useless in the points at least. He finished the season with 75 points Our 4x WDC guy 33 points. Did you mean Stroll to be useless to Ferrari?
    He's useless....he does'nt race....he drives an F1 when he's in an F1 car.....as opposed to say like his team-mate or like Gasly...whom Stroll tied with in the WDC standings.....provided Stroll had 7 DNF's in the season (mechanical, Covid, spun-out, got taken out...).

Quote Originally Posted by Bikus View Post
    McLaren !

yep.....Racing Point got penalized for copying-->15pts deduction from the WCC

Not to mention Strolls 7 DNF's and Perez's 4 DNF's

The difference between Mclaren and Racing Point (who ended up 4th in the WCC) was 7pts.

The whole team is to blame for Racing Points not making it 3rd in the WCC standings.....although a pecentage bears more than others.

Just like your signature said .

Good riddance 2020!

Glad this season over over.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    agreed.....but driving for Ferrari and not winning with Ferrari carries more prestige I guess.......[smh]

[bolded area] Stroll is GUARANTEED an F1 seat as long as daddy is around to fund their hobby....regarldless how below he ranks against past team-mates(Massa, Ocon, Perez).

I'm glad dad is funding their hobby...it keeps more than 400 workers from being unemployed.....it's his idea and partly his and his investors money.