Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 38 of 38

Thread: Welcome to the team, Carlos Sainz!

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    855
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    How many times have we seen competition between drivers enhance a team points wise and the driver himself. Namely Max , Charles and throw in Nico @ Merc. 3 seasons straight he came out ahead of his team mate without team orders. Seb for sure came to Ferrari a very strong driver, 4x WDC but leaving Charles free to compete did wonders for him . And the team would have been worse off to say the least if Seb was the leader of the two because of team orders. If I'm wrong, so be it. It's just how I see it.
    I wouldn't say Charles was left free to compete. More like he took the liberty upon himself. But I agree with you. No team orders is best, just instill a sense of team pride and common respect among the drivers so that they race hard but extra careful with each other. I don't mind the odd clash here and there as long as after the race they can pick their hands up, own the mistake and apologise to each other.
    Black Lives Matter
    We Race as One
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    855
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    Bikus is a McLaren fan, but respects Ferrari
    Lol oh wow, that's interesting.
    Black Lives Matter
    We Race as One
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    2,725
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    How many times have we seen competition between drivers enhance a team points wise and the driver himself. Namely Max , Charles and throw in Nico @ Merc. 3 seasons straight he came out ahead of his team mate without team orders. Seb for sure came to Ferrari a very strong driver, 4x WDC but leaving Charles free to compete did wonders for him . And the team would have been worse off to say the least if Seb was the leader of the two because of team orders. If I'm wrong, so be it. It's just how I see it.
    In his first year in Ferrari, yes, Charles beat Seb , however, things could've been far better if the TP of Ferrari had not allowed for certain things to happen; This is what I am saying.
    3 - 5 races max where they can compete, then strict 1/2 policy where they will abide and that is it.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,694
    Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    I wouldn't say Charles was left free to compete. More like he took the liberty upon himself. But I agree with you. No team orders is best, just instill a sense of team pride and common respect among the drivers so that they race hard but extra careful with each other. I don't mind the odd clash here and there as long as after the race they can pick their hands up, own the mistake and apologise to each other.

    Unfortunately you have to have a certain type of driver where that situation works otherwise they'll both drive for each other more than for the team. I think this is why Ferrari said they did such a thorough search for their next driver. Sainz seems to be the type of driver that can be quick but has an even temperament and doesn't seem to get too bothered with team politics. Charles is a very hard driver on track but also seems to be very calm after races and doesn't seem to be bothered by mind games either. I think these two will get along and race each other very hard. Looks like a good pairing and I think the number 1 will come out naturally during the races.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,258
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Unfortunately you have to have a certain type of driver where that situation works otherwise they'll both drive for each other more than for the team. I think this is why Ferrari said they did such a thorough search for their next driver. Sainz seems to be the type of driver that can be quick but has an even temperament and doesn't seem to get too bothered with team politics. Charles is a very hard driver on track but also seems to be very calm after races and doesn't seem to be bothered by mind games either. I think these two will get along and race each other very hard. Looks like a good pairing and I think the number 1 will come out naturally during the races.
    That sounds good to me. Let the #1 come out when they are the #1 and not move over for a WDC hope for their team mate. Again the old truth 2,1- 1,2 =s the same WCC points.Oh! and no hitting each other.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kiato-Greece
    Posts
    2,893
    1st day of Carlos in Maranello!!!!!
    20201219_112712.jpg
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

  7. #37
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kiato-Greece
    Posts
    2,893
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

  8. #38
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,258
    Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    In his first year in Ferrari, yes, Charles beat Seb , however, things could've been far better if the TP of Ferrari had not allowed for certain things to happen; This is what I am saying.
    3 - 5 races max where they can compete, then strict 1/2 policy where they will abide and that is it.
    Let's see what happens in 2023 when Mick gets the seat.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •