Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the team, Carlos Sainz!

Cool Welcome to the team, Carlos Sainz!

In his two year run at McLaren, he has done a spectacular job of finishing P6 in the driver's championship twice. The change in atmosphere he brought to the team was refreshing as well since he was always supportive of his team and a reputation of being a superb team player. Some of his drives like the one in Interlagos in 2019, Monza in 2020 are elite tier. He is also one of the most consistent drivers on the grid. When it comes to drivers, next year Ferrari will have 2 brilliant young drivers who will push each other to better themselves.

Welcome to the team, Carlos Sainz!
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Goodbye Carlos and Good luck !

Quote Originally Posted by Bikus View Post

He'll need it - or a lot of patience!
    Trying to be less angry..

I think you mean welcome
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

I think that Ferrai took sabatical this time...but...it is still the best place to be for Sainz jr. McLaren is still on recovery path.

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    I think you mean welcome
    Bikus is a McLaren fan, but respects Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    Bikus is a McLaren fan, but respects Ferrari
    Oh, I see...

I think that Ferrai took sabatical this time...but...it is still the best place to be for Sainz jr. McLaren is still on recovery path.
    Mclaren with a Merc engine brings back the nightmares of the original Mclaren-Mercedes partnership, Ferrari's previous nemesis. Carlos knows how the Mclaren team works, though, so it may help Ferrari to fight them!

sadly, I see we have chosen yet another red bull junior... what is the point of the Ferrari academy if the talent is not filtered into the Ferrari team?
    I personally would have REALLY liked to have seen Sergio Perez next year in the Ferrari.
    And to silence critics about team orders and 2 strong teammates don't work, I would really like to see a Ferrari management that ENFORCES team orders on its drivers for the BEST result in each and every race.
    (Obviously, I care SQUAT for the driver's championship and only care to see Ferrari win the Constructors!)

Wish Andreas Seidl was coming to Ferrari too... Highly rate him, I think he has the potential to be the next Toto

Quote Originally Posted by RicRac View Post
    Wish Andreas Seidl was coming to Ferrari too... Highly rate him, I think he has the potential to be the next Toto
    As much as I don't like the guy, we need someone like Horner as TP

Quote Originally Posted by ragfone View Post
    sadly, I see we have chosen yet another red bull junior... what is the point of the Ferrari academy if the talent is not filtered into the Ferrari team?
    I personally would have REALLY liked to have seen Sergio Perez next year in the Ferrari.
    And to silence critics about team orders and 2 strong teammates don't work, I would really like to see a Ferrari management that ENFORCES team orders on its drivers for the BEST result in each and every race.
    (Obviously, I care SQUAT for the driver's championship and only care to see Ferrari win the Constructors!)

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    yeah but I think Horner is too dedicated to RBR... If he came to Ferrari we'd lose RBR. Where as Seidl has proven he has what it takes to come into a struggling team and build them up again to a proper race team, competing for podiums again. For me he is better than Horner> Mark my words, he'll give Mclaren Mercedes a championship again

Charles ignored team orders and became Ferrari's #1 driver. Saintz needs to also laugh at team orders. 2+1, 1+2 points all go to WCC. Ferarri needs to enforce better pit stops. one second equals allot.
    Last edited by Brembo; 14th December 2020 at 08:51.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    He has been mediocre since 2014. He is surely an upgrade but I think getting someone like Fred Vasseur will be the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Charles ignored team orders and became Ferrari's #1 driver. Saintz needs to also laugh at team orders. 2+1, 1+2 points all go to WCC. Ferarri needs to enforce better pit stops. one second equals allot.
    I don't think he will be in position to laugh :)

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    I don't think he will be in position to laugh :)
    Exactly....Saintz may be good, but he ain’t as good as Charles....he’ll be a good teammate and bring home maximum points...as far as challenging Charles on track....Charles will have to have a pretty rotten day at the office to be beaten by Carlos

two drivers under age 30, it's been a while since we had that.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Exactly....Saintz may be good, but he ain’t as good as Charles....he’ll be a good teammate and bring home maximum points...as far as challenging Charles on track....Charles will have to have a pretty rotten day at the office to be beaten by Carlos
    Let Carlos be free to race and try to be a challenge to Charles, just like Charles raced to beat Seb and did. That's the best way to get our team up a few places. The WCC points are what count. Doing good the first 3 races is super inspiring for the team and the drivers. Throw in the fans too!

Good luck Sainz, I hope you survive the toxic environment of Ferrari.

Welcome to the greatest team in F1 Carlos. Just ignore Italian media and some toxic plastic fans.

You are in the most famous and popular team in F1 and tifosi around the world will adore you, if you give your best.

I think Charles will beat him pretty easy, but I have been wrong before.

And looks like Illot joins Ferrari as well as test driver. Good move. Keep him close to team and prep for possible seat at Alfa or Haas.

A message from Mclaren to Ferrari.....in Italian.

https://twitter.com/McLarenF1/status...03712523018242
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Welcome to the greatest team in F1 Carlos. Just ignore Italian media and some toxic plastic fans.

You are in the most famous and popular team in F1 and tifosi around the world will adore you, if you give your best.
    Yes for sure. Avoid plastic fans; use only Air Conditioners. The virus is in the air! Be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    I strongly disagree. We need team harmony and if we have two very strong drivers the team principal needs to take hands into own hands and enforce team orders.
    Team is above all.
    How many times have we seen that friction between drivers destroys teams?
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

How many times have we seen competition between drivers enhance a team points wise and the driver himself. Namely Max , Charles and throw in Nico @ Merc. 3 seasons straight he came out ahead of his team mate without team orders. Seb for sure came to Ferrari a very strong driver, 4x WDC but leaving Charles free to compete did wonders for him . And the team would have been worse off to say the least if Seb was the leader of the two because of team orders. If I'm wrong, so be it. It's just how I see it.

Amica mia!!

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    A message from Mclaren to Ferrari.....in Italian.

https://twitter.com/McLarenF1/status...03712523018242

Ronspeak in italian ...

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    Amica mia!!
    Ciao Amico mio...you see now we speak italian !