Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: SF21 Challenger Thread

Quote Originally Posted by tpe View Post
    With a rumoured +40bhp for Honda, even if we gain 80% of the diff between 19-20, we will have the 3rd engine, at best.
    So...
    Rumors are going to be just that until we see timesheets. The reality is that the current engines are really very much close to maxed out in terms of power. They might find 10 to 15hp in certain situation but i doubt much more.

Mercedes will be at limit reliability comes into play ferrari have room to move foward like most other teams.I expect ferrari to be quite competitive and podiums and possible wins are on the table for the current 2021 season.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Mercedes will be at limit reliability comes into play ferrari have room to move foward like most other teams.I expect ferrari to be quite competitive and podiums and possible wins are on the table for the current 2021 season.
    Great post! I also believe in Ferrari 2021 !!

The key this year to compete is to improve the the downforce to drag ratio with a much better engine. They used the tokens on the back of the car hopefully the can balance the front end. Lets not forget 2019 front end was bad until singapore gp.

I have a feeling they are going to go the Mercedes route on the front wing. I might be wrong hopefully they can give our drivers great cars to compete with at least Red Bull.

I'd be happy with being the third best team in 2021 and then gunning for the championship in 2022. I don't get why some of you are disappointed about rumours suggesting we'll still be behind Merc in 2021. Lol what were you expecting? That said, I'd be more than delighted if we are better than third (as opposed to being very disappointed if we aren't).
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

I totally agree.

Mercedes adopted the split turbo design in 2014.

Honda copied it in 2017.

Renault decided not to copy it in 2017 NOR Ferrari.

NOW, Renault have decided to copy the split turbo design for 2022 along with Ferrari. Better late than never I say. Coulda-Woulda-Shoulda.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Mercedes adopted the split turbo design in 2014.

Honda copied it in 2017.

Renault decided not to copy it in 2017 NOR Ferrari.

NOW, Renault have decided to copy the split turbo design for 2022 along with Ferrari. Better late than never I say. Coulda-Woulda-Shoulda.

Didn't really bother us in 2017, 2018 or 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Didn't really bother us in 2017, 2018 or 2019.
    Yeah cause we tricked the fuel flow sensor which by 2019 we mastered it....as soon as the FIA clipped our wings we fell flat on our faces.....sad but true
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Yeah cause we tricked the fuel flow sensor which by 2019 we mastered it....as soon as the FIA clipped our wings we fell flat on our faces.....sad but true
    How do you figure we tricked the fuel flow sensor in 2017 & 2018?

Didn’t the FIA put a second sensor even on the 2018 engine? And then in 2019 we went overboard after the summer break when we were gaining more than a second on the straights in Spa.....that’s when red bull and Merc raised hell agsinst us again
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Think they were monitoring the battery pack in 2018. That's how everyone found out Ferrari were running 2 separate batteries. Probably why Ferrari insisted the FIA not disclose anything about their 2019 PU, so the whole paddock wouldn't know all about their tech.

Scuderia Ferrari SF21 will feature a slightly different nose after the team worked on the optimization of the aerodynamic parts around the structural areas of the nose.

Well, the "penalty"(2nd fuel flow sensor) was so severe that it literally dropped Ferrari over 4 places on the WCC title rankings in 2020.

How do go from 2nd place in the rankings to 6th place in 1 year when no drastic changes from the FIA regarding engine or aero have taken place???

IMO, it knocked Ferrari to 2014 hp levels along with everyone else in 2014.

Filming day in thursday in Bahrain....

https://www.formu1a.uno/esclusiva-fe...anche-al-muso/

Scuderia Ferrari SF21 will feature a slightly different nose after the team worked on the optimization of the aerodynamic parts around the structural areas of the nose.
    According to the Italian media. Let's see if this rumor turns out to be true, for once.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    According to the Italian media. Let's see if this rumor turns out to be true, for once.
    Yeah, for once I’d be very surprised if this indeed will be true.....one more sleep and we’ll see the so called “new nose”....or maybe they won’t show it at the car launch

What we know about the Scuderia Ferrari SF21 before the launch tomorrow afternoon.

- Two shades of red (Burgundy and Ferrari red)
    - Tokens were spent on rear suspension and gearbox.
    - Cooling and aero upgrades
    - Nose tweaked slightly but will maintain nose appearance.

Well, the "penalty"(2nd fuel flow sensor) was so severe that it literally dropped Ferrari over 4 places on the WCC title rankings in 2020.

How do go from 2nd place in the rankings to 6th place in 1 year when no drastic changes from the FIA regarding engine or aero have taken place???

IMO, it knocked Ferrari to 2014 hp levels along with everyone else in 2014.

I think my post said 2017 & 2018. The second flow sensor did not get put on until 2020. Far as I know, 2017 & 2018 our engines were heavily scrutinized and nothing was found to be wrong with them. A second sensor was put on the battery to monitor voltage flow but that was it. So if you want to clarify, it was in 2020 that our engine was hobbled by the FIA technical directives, not in 2017 or 2018, that engine/pu was completely legal and above board.

I think my post said 2017 & 2018. The second flow sensor did not get put on until 2020. Far as I know, 2017 & 2018 our engines were heavily scrutinized and nothing was found to be wrong with them. A second sensor was put on the battery to monitor voltage flow but that was it. So if you want to clarify, it was in 2020 that our engine was hobbled by the FIA technical directives, not in 2017 or 2018, that engine/pu was completely legal and above board.
    Ferrari's slip in power happened in Austin 2019, after Max (at the time) accused Ferrari was "cheating." I agree the FIA's emphasis was on the batteries but NOT the fuel flow meter.

Who's to say Ferrari has been "cheating" with the original fuel flow meter in 2017? or 2018? and part of 2019? or in 2016?....we won't and don't know. Again, the penalty was signifacant enough to go from 2nd place in the WCC rankings to 6th place in the WCC rankings in 1 year.

Funny that at the time RB said they knew you could temper with the flow meters among 2 other cheats they also knew...
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Ferrari's slip in power happened in Austin 2019, after Max (at the time) accused Ferrari was "cheating." I agree the FIA's emphasis was on the batteries but NOT the fuel flow meter.

Who's to say Ferrari has been "cheating" with the original fuel flow meter in 2017? or 2018? and part of 2019? or in 2016?....we won't and don't know. Again, the penalty was signifacant enough to go from 2nd place in the WCC rankings to 6th place in the WCC rankings in 1 year.

But we do know. IN 2018 the FIA closely monitored Ferrari's PU because once again, the other teams had suspicions. Nothing was found to be outside the rules. Extra sensors were installed and everything was fine. So I think we can safely say that in 2017 and 2018 Ferrari's PU was perfectly legal.
    Your post is confusing because I think you are mixing up different investigations. One involved the battery output and the other more recent is the 'supposed' fuel flow issue, which has never been proven but only speculated. I think that if Covid hadn't hit Italy when it did, they would have had a much better PU this year.

But we do know. IN 2018 the FIA closely monitored Ferrari's PU because once again, the other teams had suspicions. Nothing was found to be outside the rules. Extra sensors were installed and everything was fine. So I think we can safely say that in 2017 and 2018 Ferrari's PU was perfectly legal.
    Your post is confusing because I think you are mixing up different investigations. One involved the battery output and the other more recent is the 'supposed' fuel flow issue, which has never been proven but only speculated. I think that if Covid hadn't hit Italy when it did, they would have had a much better PU this year.
    Of course Ferrari's PU was okay due to the batteries ONLY. Did they check the fuel flow sensor??? Who knows.

Speculation: Ferrari's way to increase power was to increase fuel into the ICE there-by "cheating" the fuel flow sensor AND who know's how long this has been going on.

Not everyone is going to like my opinion, but freedom of speech and all of that!!!!

It is safe to say Ferrari had a controversial design which exploited certain loopholes. They may have pushed it a bit too far and payed the price. This is not illegal and may be considered against the spirit of the regulations.

In a sport, or more of a fare (nowadays), requiring the precision of milli and micro seconds, playing in the grey is exactly what you need and I am happy Binitto and Gang did what they did.

If you look at RBR and Mercs domination, they have struck the balance of playing in the grey area of the regulations, time and time again... they have pushed further into the darker shades, with various degrees of success. Sadly we were blindsided and caught out and they weren't.

But you have to be in it to win it!

So all the moaners, claiming ferrari cheated, Binitto should be sacked, et all.... Please shut the .... ..

I am honestly sick of hearing Ferrari and Cheat in the same sentence.

If you want a couple of examples of cheating - Spygate, Crashgate...

Here are example of good engineering - Fuelgate, Mass Dampers, Double/Blown Diffusers.

Of course Ferrari's PU was okay due to the batteries ONLY. Did they check the fuel flow sensor??? Who knows.

Speculation: Ferrari's way to increase power was to increase fuel into the ICE there-by "cheating" the fuel flow sensor AND who know's how long this has been going on.

I think the opposition was very specific when they asked for certain items of the Pu to be investigated. In 2018, it was the release of battery energy and recovery they were concerned about. Teams can use GPS, acceleration data, and sound to determine how a vehicle is accelerating. In 2019 they asked the FIA to check the ICE because of the increase in power on the straights... and probably because the battery was already being monitored. But I think one of the TDs did concern battery energy output.
    So I don't think it's fair to say Ferrari was cheating in 2017 or 2018... and realistically can't even say it in 2019 because it's never been proven.

Maybe some good news before the big reveal.

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/79397...ri-engine.html

Looks extremely sexy if it isn't for the green mission winnow logo. At least they won't use it in most races so we don't have to watch too much of this abomination.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    Looks extremely sexy if it isn't for the green mission winnow logo. At least they won't use it in most races so we don't have to watch too much of this abomination.
    I like the two tone but yeah the green isn't appealing. Looks out of place.