Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: SF21 Challenger Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    I'm afraid that we're going to have a straight line speed problem this year too. Honda and Mercedes found alot of performance gains from the engine.
    Might not be the quickest but it won't be anywhere near as slow on the straights as we were last year. That alone will be worth few tenths plus we should be able to run the car with decent downforce and not have to trim the wings so much.
    Ferrari said the tests match their CFD and wind tunnel expectations so I'm confident it'll be a better year for us.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Agreed. Rinse and repeat of 2020 for Ferrari. Sainz even confirmed it.

BTW, Redbull has taken over the Honda PU dept. at Milton Keynes. So, since 2017 it has taken Honda roughly 4 to 5 years to "catch-up" to Mercedes since following the split turbo MGU-H concept.
    Red Bull and AT run with skinny rear wings in Bahrain. Still well down on power

PU looks good. I cross checked with top speeds from Bahrain 2020, and only top speed on main straight is well down for everyone, all others are close or match to what they did in 2020 (for Ferrari higher).

Ferrari are going to be in the fight every weekend if Red Bull or Mercedes drop the ball. Last year, Leclerc used to go backwards in the races, not this year. I have a feeling that Mercedes with less downforce and different tire construction is going to have a hard time this year. You could see it in testing. Hamilton was trying to throw it around like last year but it wasn t on rails. There is no DAS this year to save them. They are going to have to use more wing to get the tires to work better.

As long as Hamilton loses i don t care who wins. He had a dominant car for too many years its enough. This year i want him to cry on the radio and the same for the SKY crew.

I have confidence our driver line up to extract the maximum out of the car and have a great season.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    It's a bit silly to keep on harping on Binotto. Ferrari have built a better car than Red Bull since 2015 and I don't see anyone calling for Newey or Horner to be fired. There were circumstances that affected our car last year and those carried over to this year. Without those issues, Ferrari might have won the title last year.
    Ferrari is calling for stability and that's what we need right now. Last thing we need is to keep firing talent. Who would step in for Binotto when they realize that if a car they're in charge of isn't competitive in 1 year then they'd be fired He's done some good stuff and the team seems united. Give the man some time, he's new in this position and with his talent could be the next Brawn if he's allowed to be. He's technically very good and he's learning the ropes as far as politics go. Last thing Ferrari needs is turmoil before a new rules change.
    1) Is Ferrari in the sports to compete against the best or RB?
    2) during Newey or Horner it’s not our job or Ferrari job..!!
    3) what are the circumstances? We had good start 2017, carried out to 2018... what’s happened in 2019 & 2020? Don’t tell me engine saga & Covid. These are called excuses not reasons.
    4) Ferrari calling stability really? Under the leadership of MA everything was going fine then Wts the reason to remove MA & promote Binotto where both were doing excellent in their respective roles?
    5) 2019 & 2020 were disasters under his leadership, I don’t doubt his technical capabilities but to drive a team he’s nowhere.

Now it’s 2021, another year under him. I’m not saying to fire, push him back where he was good at. If he’s not willing to accept no worries. There are a lot who are eager to work for Ferrari at least there would be some progress under them.

We know for sure our car was better because we finished higher than Red Bull. Their engine problem was their problem. We built a better overall car/engine than they did. Cant be disputed.
    The technical directives did hurt Ferrari. If we were able to use the 2019 engine with evolutionary updates in 2020 we might have won the WCC.
    So you agree that stability is better for Ferrari than constant turn over. Horner has been with Red Bull for a long time and so has Newey. Maybe using Red Bull strategy of supporting your staff might work for us too if we give our guys time to bring us back to the top without calling for them to be fired everytime something goes wrong.
    I don’t get the point, why you are comparing Ferrari with RB. It’s Mercs the top team. Ferrari is working to topple them not RB. Who agreed for 2019 engine saga? Isn’t Binotto & Management?

Yes they did. And no use looking back to 2017 or 2018. We were heavily scrutinized then and everything was found to be legal. Yes they lost a lot of power because of the new TD. No one disputing this but also because of covid they couldn't introduce the updated engine that was on the dyno. Hence we were slow.
    You are talking about only engine...!! Where’s the aero performance. 2020 car is the worst of its kind.
    2019 car too, only Leclerc & Engine saved us. Else it would have one more disaster.

I don't understand what you're trying to say. The drastic rule change was a Technical Directive that hobbled our engine and made us slower than we were in 2019.
    The Red Bull finished behind Ferrari since 2015 but you're saying it's still the better car because it was only the engine that let it down. So the Ferrari was better in 2019 but in 2020 our engine let us down, so was Ferrari still the better car in 2020?
    from post #503

Just like the 2nd fuel flow sensor was the catalyst to Ferrari dropping in the WCC rankings in 2020 and possibly 2021, so to was the engine as being the catalyst to RedBull's achilles heel in this turbo hybrid era.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    I don’t get the point, why you are comparing Ferrari with RB. It’s Mercs the top team. Ferrari is working to topple them not RB. Who agreed for 2019 engine saga? Isn’t Binotto & Management?
    Read the rest of the posts. I was responding to someone and used newry and Horner as examples.

You are talking about only engine...!! Where’s the aero performance. 2020 car is the worst of its kind.
    2019 car too, only Leclerc & Engine saved us. Else it would have one more disaster.
    Yes but nobody else in 2019 managed to do better than us. Red Bull ended up behind us with a worse car but they didn't fire anybody and then came back the next year with a better car. They still lost last year and still didnt fire anyone. They allowed their team to work through their issues and this year looks like they have a good car.
    Would be great to fire Binotto only to see him at Merc or Red Bull beating us in the next few years. Maybe get rid of Resta too. What's he done lately? Or Leclerc. How many mistakes has he made?

1) Is Ferrari in the sports to compete against the best or RB?
    2) during Newey or Horner it’s not our job or Ferrari job..!!
    3) what are the circumstances? We had good start 2017, carried out to 2018... what’s happened in 2019 & 2020? Don’t tell me engine saga & Covid. These are called excuses not reasons.
    4) Ferrari calling stability really? Under the leadership of MA everything was going fine then Wts the reason to remove MA & promote Binotto where both were doing excellent in their respective roles?
    5) 2019 & 2020 were disasters under his leadership, I don’t doubt his technical capabilities but to drive a team he’s nowhere.

Now it’s 2021, another year under him. I’m not saying to fire, push him back where he was good at. If he’s not willing to accept no worries. There are a lot who are eager to work for Ferrari at least there would be some progress under them.
    Exactly my point. We fired one TP and now.you want to get rid of another. Revolving door hasn't worked for us. Doubt it'll start now.

Ferrari will stand firm and will stand together.They are on the mend and have turned the performance corner.

Agree

We know for sure our car was better because we finished higher than Red Bull. Their engine problem was their problem. We built a better overall car/engine than they did. Cant be disputed.
    The technical directives did hurt Ferrari. If we were able to use the 2019 engine with evolutionary updates in 2020 we might have won the WCC.
    So you agree that stability is better for Ferrari than constant turn over. Horner has been with Red Bull for a long time and so has Newey. Maybe using Red Bull strategy of supporting your staff might work for us too if we give our guys time to bring us back to the top without calling for them to be fired everytime something goes wrong.
    QFT.
    Car = Aero+Engine. I agree, engine is their problem just like right now it's our problem
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

So RedBull, along with Mclaren, Racing Point, and Renault beat Ferrari in 2020 and they finally built a better car than Ferrari?? This could possibly be the same for 2021???
    "Finally" ?
    Do you mean that McLaren has never built a better car than Ferrari ?Ever?
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Not surprised in that there were no major rules or regulation changes from 1 year to the next that would dictate a team that was finishing 2nd to all of a sudden drop to 6th while the other teams move up the ranks.

What's simple is that Ferrari got caught "cheating" the original fuel flow sensor so a 2nd fuel flow sensor was ruled hence the drastic and sudden drop in the WCC rankings. What's to say if this 2nd fuel flow sensor was enacted in previous years, IT IS POSSIBLE Ferrari would have dropped from 2nd place in the WCC rankings??

Just like the 2nd fuel flow sensor was the catalyst to Ferrari dropping in the WCC rankings in 2020 and possibly 2021, so to was the engine as being the catalyst to RedBull's achilles heel in this turbo hybrid era.
    Actually, what is simple is that F1 is all about politics. Right now the rules changes for 2021 (small as they might be) favor RBR. Anyone caring to wonder why ?

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    "Finally" ?
    Do you mean that McLaren has never built a better car than Ferrari ?Ever?
    Turbo hybrid era.

Actually, what is simple is that F1 is all about politics. Right now the rules changes for 2021 (small as they might be) favor RBR. Anyone caring to wonder why ?
    Of course. The current engine freeze favor Redbull being that they are taking over the Honda PU facility. I HOPE, Redbull finally takes the fight to Mercedes in 2021.

Turbo hybrid era.

Of course. The current engine freeze favor Redbull being that they are taking over the Honda PU facility. I HOPE, Redbull finally takes the fight to Mercedes in 2021.
    Not just the engine, also the aero changes ,rake, removal of DAS etc.
    It's all as if they want to push RBR on top of Merc and of course dethrone Lewis.
    2005 all over again.

It's all as if they want to push RBR on top of Merc and of course dethrone Lewis.
    2005 all over again.
    The "cut" in the rear part of the floor favors the high rake cars.......not so much the low rake cars. Mclaren very innovative, and the only one currently, with a huge double vane rear diffuser to compensate for the "cut" in the rear floor and improve rear downforce levels.

2005 all over again.
    Well frankly all this Merc and Lewis winning is getting quite STALE for F1....it was about time FIA twicked the rules a little bit so maybe another team/driver will take the fight to them.....too bad our team could not capitalize on that due to various reasons...and driverwise is NOT one of them....it’s the car/engine that’s lacking

We’ll see if Max has what it takes to take on Lewis....mentality wise....and of course if he’s got the car underneath him to do it

For people still liking f1, heres radiolemans f1 season preview.

http://www.radiolemans.co/2021/03/19...-preview-2021/
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

2005 all over again.
    Oh dear. Here we go again.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

I will tell you why.
    Yes, it could easily be a conspiracy theory, but since FIA is cryptic it'sa theory anyway.

Because, RB threaten to quit the sport, so, they changed not one but two rules in order to keep them in. And of course they have a big opportunity to Honda to leave with at least a decent year if not a championship.

Quote Originally Posted by tpe View Post
    I will tell you why.
    Yes, it could easily be a conspiracy theory, but since FIA is cryptic it'sa theory anyway.

Because, RB threaten to quit the sport, so, they changed not one but two rules in order to keep them in. And of course they have a big opportunity to Honda to leave with at least a decent year if not a championship.
    This sounds plausible. Also this year should not have existed as is, Merc probably were guaranteed every title in the hybrid era but this year should have been new cars, it's an extra year but FIA new exactly what to do to stop them.

As I said plausible but I can't really believe this. Also talk of rake cars advantage is very premature, sounds to simple I don't think cars take philosophy is a deciding factor.

It's not how start but how you finish - can we drop that?

Quote Originally Posted by From Treviso View Post
    It's not how start but how you finish - can we drop that?
    Could not agree more with that. It's how you finish that gets the points.

Bro i don't know what to Believe anymore ? one day it's a huge step, another is a little step, next one is 10 hp and now a large step :D xD go figure
    https://www.planetf1.com/news/ferrar...e-improvement/

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Bro i don't know what to Believe anymore ? one day it's a huge step, another is a little step, next one is 10 hp and now a large step :D xD go figure
    BRO.....only a few days left and the truth will come out one way or the other when cars hit Q3 .....hopefully Ferrari will surprise us....in a good way that is

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    BRO.....only a few days left and the truth will come out one way or the other when cars hit Q3 .....hopefully Ferrari will surprise us....in a good way that is
    Indeed :)

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    patience... few more days