Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5161718192021222324252627282930

Thread: SF21 Challenger Thread

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Ferrari 2022 car has a head start on the other teams by probably 12months or so they have let mercedes and redbull out develope each other into oblivion leaving nothing in the tank.
    I believe they have made the decision to work on the rules change early, sacrificing a little (a lot?) on the design of the 2020 (and 2019?) car(s). This change was pushed back, forcing them to continue competing with weak cars. So, of course, there are now restrictions on resources, but I imagine that what they had worked on in advance could have benefited them relatively to the competition. I hope Hass will benefit as well, and I expect to see Mick in a far much better car. Engine side, I have confidence, Italy is THE country of engines, they must get back to the top, especially following the humiliation of 2019/20. I know that the big teams find the means to circumvent the rules (example: at the moment, the evolutions for reliability are diverted, the powers should remain those omologation ones in my opinion, because Mercrdes goes really too far).
    So I expect that at the end of next year the 3 big teams will be in front, the small ones, in the absence of surprising progress, should be behind.
    If Ferrari had bet everything on the change of regulation, then they should be competitive in 2022. And when I hear Binotto say that he sees nothing wrong in the Mercedes engine, I hope he is preparing the ground to make accept a stong Ferrari in 2022. And if this is the case, it will be necessary to be strong politically vis-a-vis the possible attacks and cheating
    Last edited by Gilles; 27th November 2021 at 09:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    I believe they have made the decision to work on the rules change early, sacrificing a little (a lot?) on the design of the 2020 (and 2019?) car(s). This change was pushed back, forcing them to continue competing with weak cars. So, of course, there are now restrictions on resources, but I imagine that what they had worked on in advance could have benefited them relatively to the competition. I hope Hass will benefit as well, and I expect to see Mick in a far much better car. Engine side, I have confidence, Italy is THE country of engines, they must get back to the top, especially following the humiliation of 2019/20. I know that the big teams find the means to circumvent the rules (example: at the moment, the evolutions for reliability are diverted, the powers should remain those omologation ones in my opinion, because Mercrdes goes really too far).
    So I expect that at the end of next year the 3 big teams will be in front, the small ones, in the absence of surprising progress, should be behind.
    If Ferrari had bet everything on the change of regulation, then they should be competitive in 2022. And when I hear Binotto say that he sees nothing wrong in the Mercedes engine, I hope he is preparing the ground to make accept a stong Ferrari in 2022. And if this is the case, it will be necessary to be strong politically vis-a-vis the possible attacks and cheating
    i agree Italian engines are excellent, but this hybrid nonesense is not their specialty.

And getting off topic, while i guess the days of the ice are numbered, i hate seeing Ferrari and Lamborghini going electric/hybrid.

Engine side, I have confidence, Italy is THE country of engines, they must get back to the top, especially following the humiliation of 2019/20. I know that the big teams find the means to circumvent the rules (example: at the moment, the evolutions for reliability are diverted, the powers should remain those omologation ones in my opinion, because Mercrdes goes really too far).
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    i agree Italian engines are excellent, but this hybrid nonesense is not their specialty.

And getting off topic, while i guess the days of the ice are numbered, i hate seeing Ferrari and Lamborghini going electric/hybrid.
    We are talking about the introduction of the turbo-hybrid era in F1. That said, Mercedes, Ferrari and Renault had 5 years to develop with Mercedes even longer. Honda came into F1 in 2015.

At this time BEFORE the hybrid era even started:

1.) Germany was already into hybridization in motorsports.

2.) Italy was not.

3.) France was not.

4.) Japan was not.

Let's see how Porshce or Audi does when they come into F1 in 2026 as engine suppliers AND when the turbo-hybrid formula gets "dumbed-down." Btw, they're from Germany too and both have developed the most efficient, powerfull, and reliable hybrid engines before.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Thats the way of history, combustion engines are near to their end as we're going. Always thinking about Jano, Colombo, Lampredi, Chiti, Forghieri, Martinelli, ...Busso
    Last edited by Gilles; 27th November 2021 at 18:28.

Thats the way of history, combustion engines are near to their end as we're going. Always thinking about Jano, Colombo, Lampredi, Chiti, Forghieri, Martinelli, ...

Valkyrie has a NA V-12 buitl by Cosworth. Ferrari just released the Daytona SP3 with a NA V-12 (paying homage to the Ferrari 330 P3 from 1966).

Yes, Ferrari and Lamborghini have released "hybrid" cars as well.

Biofuels will be introduced onto F1 whcih have cleaner emissions than fossil fuels for the global market.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

also, for about a decade before the turbo hybrid era, Ferrari had arguably the best F1 engine

Basta i soldi sono buoni, Ferrari sera anche la! As long as the $$$ is there Ferrari will be there too.

Answer to myself (on 2022 car) :
    "Here, I think Ferrari seems to have started before anyone else and they have a luxury, that of undercutting the normal Ferrari pressure in any season," Alpine F1 chassis chief Pat Fry said.