Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171829 ... LastLast

Thread: SF21 Challenger Thread

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    says WHO???? u have a link??

https://scuderiafans.com/ferrari-wil...r-2021-report/
    It's not how start but how you finish.

i'll believe it when i see it......weather in winter testing or first race
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

The main thing Ferrari has to copy from R Bull is their pit crews perfect handling each pit stop. Nose job , H P is no help if the car is sitting on a jack in the pits an extra 3 sec. or more.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    The main thing Ferrari has to copy from R Bull is their pit crews perfect handling each pit stop. Nose job , H P is no help if the car is sitting on a jack in the pits an extra 3 sec. or more.
    You won't need to do this if the car is fast. lol
    Now why teams like mercedes have perfected double stacked pitstops (same with RBR too) remain a mystery lost in time.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Better to copy Mercs car rather than their pit stops. Even they screw up pit stops sometimes but the car remains.fast regardless.

OK ! Fast cars can have slow pits. Whats a few seconds between friends. Russell needed a faster Merc car; the pit was not the problem ! But.... Ferrari has no fast car, just Merc and R Bull can say OK to a slow pit on occasion .It's true; Merc did a WDC, WCC anyway slow pits and all. Why hasn't Ferrari thought of just simply copying that Merc rocket?
    Last edited by Brembo; 5th January 2021 at 08:01.

OK ! Fast cars can have slow pits. Whats a few seconds between friends. Russell needed a faster Merc car; the pit was not the problem ! But.... Ferrari has no fast car, just Merc and R Bull can say OK to a slow pit on occasion .It's true; Merc did a WDC, WCC anyway slow pits and all. Why hasn't Ferrari thought of just simply copying that Merc rocket?

How much faster did the car need to be. Did an extra pitstop and still regained the lead. Did another pitstop for the puncture and still finished right behind his team mate plus got fastest lap. Any faster and him and his car would have been onto the next race already.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    How much faster did the car need to be. Did an extra pitstop and still regained the lead. Did another pitstop for the puncture and still finished right behind his team mate plus got fastest lap. Any faster and him and his car would have been onto the next race already.
    I agree!! The car; not Russell was great. There are posts here saying Russell is right up with the top 3 drivers because of that race. Due it in a Williams and I too will put him up there.

I agree!! The car; not Russell was great. There are posts here saying Russell is right up with the top 3 drivers because of that race. Due it in a Williams and I too will put him up there.
    Are you for #$&$#)@ real??? No one from the current grid or from the past could do it in that Williams....give your head a shake boring (not to call you something else on here) TROLL that you are....

In order for a driver to win (yes even Russel) ne3ds a good car to do it.....no one in the history of F1 has won a championship with a mediocre car....good car and good driver always will win a WDC....

So please don’t belittle Russel just beacause he did good in the Merc and not so good in the Williams....he’s doing the best he can with the tools he has at his disposal.....he’s beating his teammates in the same car, isn’t he??. That’s all that matters

OK I agree he's beating his team mate. 3 points in 2020. That as you say is the best he can do. You not me are belittling him. No one here even mentions the winner coming from 18th place to win. I caught 3 stripped bass trolling at 1000 rpms. Long Island sound . 80lb. test line and a artificial lure. Troll that I am for sure!

80lb test!! Geez not giving the fish much chance are you. even Russel could catch fish with that line. Maybe even Bottas but I wouldn't bet on it.

80lb test!! Geez not giving the fish much chance are you. even Russel could catch fish with that line. Maybe even Bottas but I wouldn't bet on it.
    lol

Forget about Toto; Lewis propaganda with his contract etc. Binotto now went from 5 yrs. to 2 yrs. to now 2021 Ferrari is ready engine and car wise to compete for the WCC . I want to and do believe!!

Forget about Toto; Lewis propaganda with his contract etc. Binotto now went from 5 yrs. to 2 yrs. to now 2021 Ferrari is ready engine and car wise to compete for the WCC . I want to and do believe!!
    What you just said is the real propaganda . Where did you get such info from ? care to share a link to back it up ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    What you just said is the real propaganda . Where did you get such info from ? care to share a link to back it up ?
    Something I picked up watching the quiz shows.

Something I picked up watching the quiz shows.
    Each his own I guess, but as much I’d like that to happen, I don’t think Ferrari will challenge for WCC this year, but rather when the rules revamp come to effect in 2022....by then we’ll prolly have an even stronger engine and hopefully our genius engineers from Maranello will interpret the new rules better and bring some innovative aero ticks to the new car....after all, prolly the South African GURU is already working in some great draft designs as we speak

I feel the same way but I like to dream. One of our drivers for sure will at least do a podium or two every few races. I keep thinking that HP increase is a big plus along with all the other innovations you mentioned. I need races !!!!!

Now ,articles start to come up,here and there, and say that our engine will be mighty next year!! NOTHING confirmed but from the 20hp rise that we use to read some weeks ago,now they are talking for a 1045hp engine !!!
    in the end,as i use to say, all these articles are like coffee talk between fans !!!!! everybody says whatever pass his mind !!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

I wouldn't mind watching another disappointing year if it meant we are pretty much guaranteed to start winning championships post 2022. The token system would only favour underperformers and it stays till 2022. I'm not sure climbing back to the top for 2021 is strategically the best move. Unless, of course, they only update the engines and whatever necessary stuff for new regs while having the 2022 car in the wind tunnel for the most part. Winning everything from 2022-2026 or whenever is the next regs change would definitely make up for the 2 crappy seasons we have had.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    I wouldn't mind watching another disappointing year if it meant we are pretty much guaranteed to start winning championships post 2022. The token system would only favour underperformers and it stays till 2022. I'm not sure climbing back to the top for 2021 is strategically the best move. Unless, of course, they only update the engines and whatever necessary stuff for new regs while having the 2022 car in the wind tunnel for the most part. Winning everything from 2022-2026 or whenever is the next regs change would definitely make up for the 2 crappy seasons we have had.
    you bet.....i'm totally up for that....

We already know the car will be called SF21. Mods should rename this thread to "SF21 development thread"

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    We already know the car will be called SF21. Mods should rename this thread to "SF21 development thread"
    can i change it or only the mods ??
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

You can't beat a good chin wag over coffee with friends.yes correct all sorts of things do pop up.

Does anyone have any ideas of what the new 2021 teamwear is/will look like?

Quote Originally Posted by bkircher View Post
    Does anyone have any ideas of what the new 2021 teamwear is/will look like?
    I hope everything stays RED !

I hope everything stays RED !
    Not sure on the team wear but hoping they go back to a proper red colour on the car not matte. They have the most sensational tripple layer red cars, I wish they used a different tripple red every race. Clearly the matte is for sponsors to stand out more and has zero performance impact otherwise the whole grid would use it. They went back to a proper finish for their 1000th race, they would not throw performance for a celebration which says to me the ugly matte red should go.

I agree with you 100% The shinier the better. Not winning was dull enough! We have two shining drivers ready to win. Twitter has photos of Carlos in new Ferrari attire and the red is bright !
    Last edited by Brembo; 26th January 2021 at 19:57.

No 2 year head start for mercedes on 2022 engine all have an even start.lets see who makes the better engine then my money is on ferrari leading again and it will be the start of a new era.

I think it might even out a bit in 2022. I think Mercs biggest trick with their engines was the MGU H. With this gone, we're pretty much back to the KERS days and we were pretty good back then.

I think it might even out a bit in 2022. I think Mercs biggest trick with their engines was the MGU H. With this gone, we're pretty much back to the KERS days and we were pretty good back then.
    who says mgu-h will be gone from 2022 onwards??????????? first time i hear this
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.