Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: SF21 Challenger Thread

With this team and the management, Ferrari will not be the champion in F1… but I read speculations that Mercedes will use two tokens for a new gearbox and a new rear suspension until the first race. So the tests were just a mouse game for mercedes.

Quote Originally Posted by alfaromeo View Post
    With this team and the management, Ferrari will not be the champion in F1… but I read speculations that Mercedes will use two tokens for a new gearbox and a new rear suspension until the first race. So the tests were just a mouse game for mercedes.
    2022 won't be any better, they are completely useless, from Binotto to the last guy

yes something like that, I think the engine compartments despite last year's saga is not a problem and will do for 2022 safely, if not the best powertrain, but the chassis, suspension, aerodynamics there are in the dark …

Quote Originally Posted by alfaromeo View Post
    The tokens were already used. It is unrealistic and extremely overconfident of Merc to develop a new gearbox and suspension within 2 weeks AND expect them to work well without testing.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    The tokens were already used. It is unrealistic and extremely overconfident of Merc to develop a new gearbox and suspension within 2 weeks AND expect them to work well without testing.
    As I wrote that there was a rumor about it on their filming day yesterday. Ok this is not our topic anyway. But it bothers me as a 25-year-old Ferrari fan that they’ve been doing so poorly in recent years. We all know that 2021 was somehow written off for 2022 with the goal of being 3, but apparently and now binotta and Charles are speaking we are at almost the same level as last year….

Tokens have already spent, 100km filming day with development tyres is not the best way test the car. Last year, Mercedes had brought an entirely new car in test 2, same as 2019. But this year no such upgrades have been seen. The car looked handful to drive.

Ferrari in 2017 and 2018 had great cars, the 2019 car was more than enough to fight for poles and wins, the 2020 car was bad for obvious reasons. If Ferrari had Lec/Ham/Max/Alo driving the 2017 and 2018 cars, they would've won WDC's in both 17 and 18.

He never said that "this year maybe difficult again, just like last year".... it's just your inaccurate interpterion of his words.

It was a typical PR response from Binotto, " 23 races; it may be very difficult again so I think we need to be prepared, I don't see anything wrong with his statements.

We will see for 10 days …in bad case Ferrari is 6 th in good 3 th …

Press look at testing, pretend they know what they are talking about, make up some equations to back up their claims but in the end they are nothing to do with what they have seen and more to do with what happened the year before. Last year a few experts had Ferrari 3rd (because they were alright in 2019). I am confident Ferrari will be 3rd this year and the press will be a little shocked to see Aston Martin battling for 7th with Alfa Romeo.

Quote Originally Posted by 330 p4 View Post
    I am confident Ferrari will be 3rd this year and the press will be a little shocked to see Aston Martin battling for 7th with Alfa Romeo.
    [cough] [cough] [cough] so Aston Martin battling for 7th with Alfa Romeo????? That's a little far fetched is'nt it???? I mean, AMRF1 is another Mercedes dressed in green.

I disagree. AMRF1 will be battling with Mclaren and Redbull for 2nd.....possibly Alpine with Alonso.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    [cough] [cough] [cough] so Aston Martin battling for 7th with Alfa Romeo????? That's a little far fetched is'nt it???? I mean, AMRF1 is another Mercedes dressed in green.

I disagree. AMRF1 will be battling with Mclaren and Redbull for 2nd.....possibly Alpine with Alonso.
    We'll see. I strongly believe Aston will be the biggest disappointment of the season. Like you said it's a Merc, they are struggling but Merc understand the car and find a way, Aston dont know this car deeply as they didnt design it. It's going to be like a really complex lego technics without instructions for them. I also expect McLaren to start ok then fall back, Alpine just to be midfield nothing special with what's a 2019 chassis.

We'll see. I strongly believe Aston will be the biggest disappointment of the season. Like you said it's a Merc, they are struggling but Merc understand the car and find a way, Aston dont know this car deeply as they didnt design it. It's going to be like a really complex lego technics without instructions for them. I also expect McLaren to start ok then fall back, Alpine just to be midfield nothing special with what's a 2019 chassis.
    Toto: "Hi Lawrence, it's Toto."
    Lawrence: "Aah, yes Toto......find the problem?"
    Toto: "Yep, we are sending the info to your engineers as we speak via e-mail"
    Lawrence: "Thank-you Toto....auf wiedersehen"

Since 2013 Force India-->Racing Point have yet to come in 7th place in the WCC rankings.

Mclaren has been doing great ever since Andreas Seidl has taken the reigns.....now they will have a Mercedes PU.....with a news worthy rear diffuser concept that others MIGHT follow.

Alpine......I would hate to be Ocon right now......Alonso ONLY, could be fighting with the Redbull, Mclaren, and AMRF1 on certain tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Toto: "Hi Lawrence, it's Toto."
    Lawrence: "Aah, yes Toto......find the problem?"
    Toto: "Yep, we are sending the info to your engineers as we speak via e-mail"
    Lawrence: "Thank-you Toto....auf wiedersehen"

Since 2013 Force India-->Racing Point have yet to come in 7th place in the WCC rankings.

Mclaren has been doing great ever since Andreas Seidl has taken the reigns.....now they will have a Mercedes PU.....with a news worthy rear diffuser concept that others MIGHT follow.

Alpine......I would hate to be Ocon right now......Alonso ONLY, could be fighting with the Redbull, Mclaren, and AMRF1 on certain tracks.
    Not long till we find out.

Not long till we find out.
    why alonso ?

from my POV it doesnt seen the alpine is faster than ferrari anyway

Quote Originally Posted by subfire91 View Post
    why alonso ?

from my POV it doesnt seen the alpine is faster than ferrari anyway
    Alonso's motto is that he brings 6 tenths to any team.....

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Alonso's motto is that he brings 6 tenths to any team.....
    "GP2 engine. GP2..... Aaaagghhh!"
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

I like your thinking.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

My biggest worry is Mclaren who for years was our closest competitor, I think they will be very strong from the first race, so another team now with a Merc engine to get in Ferrari's way. But with the two Charlies, at least we should be able get some points for the WCC. As for the hopes pinned on 2022, I'm beginning to doubt anything Binotto says.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    My biggest worry is Mclaren who for years was our closest competitor, I think they will be very strong from the first race, so another team now with a Merc engine to get in Ferrari's way. But with the two Charlies, at least we should be able get some points for the WCC. As for the hopes pinned on 2022, I'm beginning to doubt anything Binotto says.
    I completely agree with you!

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I’d be surprised if Harry Potter will be in charge after this year.....especially if Ferrari will be in the slums again

Let's see how it goes.
    But Binotto's words are very clear. Difficult year.
    He said the same thing in 2020, didn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by tpe View Post
    Let's see how it goes.
    But Binotto's words are very clear. Difficult year.
    He said the same thing in 2020, didn't he?
    Name one Team Principal who has not said the season will be tough? Name one Team Principal who said this season will be comfortable? Name one Team Principal who said 2021 will be easy and we are sure to win?

All said it's going to be tough. Many Ferrari fans are scarred by last season but that was down to last minute changes which screwed the car concept. No reason to expect they can fall back in behind the top 2 in the big gap that exists between top 2 and midfield. Since 2015 often been 2nd, only team to challenge Merc in hybrid era. 2019 were 2nd for 3rd year in a row, were part of a big 3, no reason they will not be 3rd. I thought testing has not confirmed this but has not discounted it either.

It may be very difficult again; so I "Think " we need to be prepared! A 23 race season should be looked at as more chances to make points for WCC. Which ever driver is up in 3rd needs to drive like Max to beat Max, move him over or else . Charles and Sainz need to think that#2 spot is Ferrari's. Quali will be more important than ever !

The only objective for 2021 is to improve on last year and use that system and momentum for 2022.

Everyone's sleeping on Ferrari but I don't think it will be the disaster people make it out to be.

I have a really good feeling that the SF21 will be as much of an improvement as the SF15T was over the F14T. It definitely won't win or even challenge for the title but it will be a massive improvement. We'll find out in 10 days.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    It may be very difficult again; so I "Think " we need to be prepared! A 23 race season should be looked at as more chances to make points for WCC. Which ever driver is up in 3rd needs to drive like Max to beat Max, move him over or else . Charles and Sainz need to think that#2 spot is Ferrari's. Quali will be more important than ever !
    Well said.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by killer View Post
    The only objective for 2021 is to improve on last year and use that system and momentum for 2022.

Everyone's sleeping on Ferrari but I don't think it will be the disaster people make it out to be.
    I reckon we can beat Alpine and even Aston Martin. Already there's our improvement. I wouldn't mind a close run thing with McLaren. If Merc really have a poor start it will distract them from 2022 to some degree, which can only be a good thing. We have to contend for the title in 2022, no option!

If our 2021 engine is worse than Honda and Renault then Binotto must go, because that's the one thing he promised us.
    Forza Ferrari

As this is a transitional year towards 2022, team should work towards stability, pit wall mainly and of course moral and procedures.
    And of course make the best of every results.

Competition wise we'll see, however I believe effort should be towards 2022 spec'd car, not this one. There are budget restrictions after all, we need to remember this.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    As this is a transitional year towards 2022, team should work towards stability, pit wall mainly and of course moral and procedures.
    And of course make the best of every results.

Competition wise we'll see, however I believe effort should be towards 2022 spec'd car, not this one. There are budget restrictions after all, we need to remember this.

Yep. 2022 car will be under completely new regs and rules plus new 18" tires......not to mention Ferrari goies with the split turbo and MGU-H design.

Binotto will miss a few races to oversee the 2022 car project going forward so Mekies will oversee a few races while Binotto is at Maranello.

"No big progress," says Haas boss Ferrari's engine improvement

Haas racing boss Günther Steiner assessed Ferrari's progress over the winter with its powertrain. And according to him, this is not a huge step forward.

According to some estimates, the new Ferrari engine could be 40 horsepower more powerful than last year, which was the weakest in the race field. Scuderia announced that with the new version there was a significant shift and withdrawal of the shortfall to the strongest.

Although progress can be felt by some pilots, Steiner said it was no miracle: "I can't say it's a big step forward. I'd show Ferrari that I'm happy with what they're giving us, and I can't do that." smiling Haas chief.

"It's never enough in motorsport. If you said yes, then something would be wrong. In my opinion, this is moderate progress. The engine is better than it was last year," Steiner said, adding that this year, instead of Romain Grosjean and Kevin Magnussen is driven by two newcomers: Nikita Mazepin and Mick Schumacher.
    img-responsive

According to him, Ferrari's move will of course also depend on the progress of the competition: "We don't know what the other engine manufacturers did, we simply don't have the numbers. I don't have Ferrari numbers either. But I trust Ferrari when they tell me they improved the engine."

Steiner criticized the performance of the Ferrari power unit several times last year, so some suggested that Haas could change its supplier. "I didn't hide it, no. And I told Matti [Binotto] in private conversations, too. It's nice to see that they've really made some progress."

Lower than declared profits for F1news.cz are also confirmed by engineers of the customer Alfa Romeo. Carlos Sainz from the Ferrari factory also does not deny higher performance, but according to him it will not be enough for them to reign on the straights as 2 years ago: "I will not lie to you - I do not think we will be the fastest on the straights. that others have also gained performance - for example, Honda and Mercedes. "

The question is how much more horses will help Haas, which no longer developed last year's car - it did not even draw any allowed chips. He started the tests last week with only a few minor modifications - mostly the obligation of the types of cut-outs in the rear corners of the floor, changes to the side panels or shortening of the vertical elements in the diffuser. The American team makes no secret of the fact that this year it will prefer to dedicate its resources to the car for the turning point of the 2022 season.

https://translate.google.com/transla...search&pto=aue
    Last edited by jgonzalesm6; 18th March 2021 at 08:04.