Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: SF21 Challenger Thread

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    who says mgu-h will be gone from 2022 onwards??????????? first time i hear this
    It's under consideration of making the engines simpler by getting rid of the MGU-H. It also means more engine manufacturers would join as well.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    who says mgu-h will be gone from 2022 onwards??????????? first time i hear this
    My bad. Wasn't supposed to disclose that yet. Also possibility of raising revs another 3k. But you never heard it from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    My bad. Wasn't supposed to disclose that yet. Also possibility of raising revs another 3k. But you never heard it from me.
    LOL
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    I wouldn't mind watching another disappointing year if it meant we are pretty much guaranteed to start winning championships post 2022. The token system would only favour underperformers and it stays till 2022. I'm not sure climbing back to the top for 2021 is strategically the best move. Unless, of course, they only update the engines and whatever necessary stuff for new regs while having the 2022 car in the wind tunnel for the most part. Winning everything from 2022-2026 or whenever is the next regs change would definitely make up for the 2 crappy seasons we have had.
    The problem is, during the disappointment of 2021 you can never have the assurance that 2022 will be better. We've travelled that road far too many times in the last 10 years. I hope we do well this year.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Don't worry, we'll keep it here.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

I wish from the first 2021 race on; Ferrari on the podium, a few poles; and even a win. I never did nor will I ever watch a race and hope Ferrari doesn't get a podium finish. How does losing help guarantee future wins? If so, 2020 got Ferrari the 2021 WCC for sure. Even Michael like team order contracts are no longer being done. Points; podiums; wins !! The goal of every race. MSC, if you were just kidding you got me ! The joke is on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    I wish from the first 2021 race on; Ferrari on the podium, a few poles; and even a win. I never did nor will I ever watch a race and hope Ferrari doesn't get a podium finish. How does losing help guarantee future wins? If so, 2020 got Ferrari the 2021 WCC for sure. Even Michael like team order contracts are no longer being done. Points; podiums; wins !! The goal of every race. MSC, if you were just kidding you got me ! The joke is on me.
    Exactly! I'm hoping for a good campaign this season. A poor 2021 can never guarantee us a good 2022. I want a good 2021 and an even better 2022. That's what I expect from Ferrari.
    Forza Ferrari

Binotto concedes Ferrari will not win races this season

Ferrari team principal Mattia Binotto has conceded the gap between Ferrari and Mercedes will be too great to overhaul for race wins this year despite a brand new power unit being introduced.
    Binotto's team enter the new season off the back of the worst campaign since 1980 with a large portion of Ferrari's problems deriving from an underpowered engine, leading to a new design being developed.
    With no race victory since the Mexican Grand Prix in 2019 and the quest to reel back time lost during last season's troubles, Binotto is looking for more of the chaos that allowed Pierre Gasly and Sergio Perez to stand on the top step last year.

"Honestly, the gap to the best team today is very big and we will not close it next year," he said.
    "But to win races, you never know what may happen during the season, during races, if there will be an opportunity, hopefully, we can get it. I do not have a glass bowl.

"Let's wait and see. That is what is great about F1. There are uncertainties and we are working very hard to do our best, let's see what will be the competitive level in March."
    Ferrari has partnered Charles Leclerc with former McLaren driver Carlos Sainz for the new season after the Spaniard helped push the British team to third in the constructors' last year.

Having suggested victories would be a stretch too far, Binotto insisted Sainz's talent warranted podium finishes and that the team must ensure he is given a competitive car.
    "Hopefully, we see him on the podium, I am really hoping to see him on the podium," he explained. "I think that is not depending on him but certainly on the car.
    "If the car will be good enough, I think he is capable of doing strong races and will be on the podium.
    "Again, I think he is a very young driver. The youngest line-up since 1968. Normally, we are doing such a choice not only for two years. It is because you are trying to create solid foundations for the future and looking at the long term as well.
    "So we hope that Carlos will be renewed and be with us as well in the next years."

gpfans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Michelc30 View Post

Ferrari team principal Mattia Binotto has conceded the gap between Ferrari and Mercedes will be too great to overhaul for race wins this year despite a brand new power unit being introduced.
    Binotto's team enter the new season off the back of the worst campaign since 1980 with a large portion of Ferrari's problems deriving from an underpowered engine, leading to a new design being developed.
    With no race victory since the Mexican Grand Prix in 2019 and the quest to reel back time lost during last season's troubles, Binotto is looking for more of the chaos that allowed Pierre Gasly and Sergio Perez to stand on the top step last year.

"Honestly, the gap to the best team today is very big and we will not close it next year," he said.
    "But to win races, you never know what may happen during the season, during races, if there will be an opportunity, hopefully, we can get it. I do not have a glass bowl.

"Let's wait and see. That is what is great about F1. There are uncertainties and we are working very hard to do our best, let's see what will be the competitive level in March."
    Ferrari has partnered Charles Leclerc with former McLaren driver Carlos Sainz for the new season after the Spaniard helped push the British team to third in the constructors' last year.

Having suggested victories would be a stretch too far, Binotto insisted Sainz's talent warranted podium finishes and that the team must ensure he is given a competitive car.
    "Hopefully, we see him on the podium, I am really hoping to see him on the podium," he explained. "I think that is not depending on him but certainly on the car.
    "If the car will be good enough, I think he is capable of doing strong races and will be on the podium.
    "Again, I think he is a very young driver. The youngest line-up since 1968. Normally, we are doing such a choice not only for two years. It is because you are trying to create solid foundations for the future and looking at the long term as well.
    "So we hope that Carlos will be renewed and be with us as well in the next years."

gpfans.com
    That's certainly not good news but hardly surprising. I just hope they have something in mind for 2022.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

It's just the new system, man. It favours only the teams that finish in the bottom half of the championship. There aren't many changes coming up for 2021, aerodynamically speaking. Having nearly double the wind tunnel times than Mercedes and RedBull will certainly give a massive advantage. Strategically, a P4 in the WCC would be the best possible result for us, other than, of course, winning the WCC. 2nd and 3rd are the positions you definitely don't want to be in for 2022.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    The problem is, during the disappointment of 2021 you can never have the assurance that 2022 will be better. We've travelled that road far too many times in the last 10 years. I hope we do well this year.
    This is also a very real possibility. I would rather have us have an anonymous season with not much eyes of the media, working and improving in the shadows rather than being in either extremes.

Quote Originally Posted by Michelc30 View Post

gpfans.com
    At least they are blowing smoke up the fans' butts anymore. They just admit they suck. Where is the "Bring on 2022... I mean 2023... I mean 2024" Thread?

From day one in F-1 Max started and treated every race like he could win . I don't know if any fans here watched long enough to see Perez win his first race! For me F-1 races are great. I wish the grid girls were back. I don't ever want to see Sainz or Charles give up at any point this season. Binotto needs to never ever give up even if there's the slightest chance or just shut up . Imagine how the team and drivers feel about him conceding out loud to the press and anyone else listening that Ferrari will not win races this season.

From day one in F-1 Max started and treated every race like he could win . I don't know if any fans here watched long enough to see Perez win his first race! For me F-1 races are great. I wish the grid girls were back. I don't ever want to see Sainz or Charles give up at any point this season. Binotto needs to never ever give up even if there's the slightest chance or just shut up . Imagine how the team and drivers feel about him conceding out loud to the press and anyone else listening that Ferrari will not win races this season.
    There is also a point where as team principle you have to temper expectations and become realistic. He doesn't say they couldn't win, just that there might need to be circumstances for them to do so. I think it's a fair assessment, it's be a miracle to go from 6th to 1st.

Agree with and thanks for the sober reply Silent Bob!

There is also a point where as team principle you have to temper expectations and become realistic. He doesn't say they couldn't win, just that there might need to be circumstances for them to do so. I think it's a fair assessment, it's be a miracle to go from 6th to 1st.
    OK, It was that first sentence that got to me. Will not win races. After 190 starts Perez goes from 18th place to 1st win ! Miracles do happen! Lots more HP ,less down force; two top drivers ; those are circumstances for Ferrari to do so; I hope .

Quote Originally Posted by Liscia View Post
    Agree with and thanks for the sober reply Silent Bob!
    I think you're giving me too much credit but I appreciate it!!

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    At least they are blowing smoke up the fans' butts anymore. They just admit they suck. Where is the "Bring on 2022... I mean 2023... I mean 2024" Thread?
    I don't know what to expect anymore. In 2018, we didn't have the driver to win a world championship and now we don't have a car. I'm afraid we might end up losing Leclerc if they don't build a good car soon enough.

Leclerc won't leave. Ferrari is his best bet for a title.

Exactly....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

I hope that remains the case...

Where would he plan on going?

Only Merc or Redbull are possible and Charles has never being on their rumoured shopping list.
    Though potentially their is atleast 1 maybe 2 Merc seats available for 2022

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    I don't know what to expect anymore. In 2018, we didn't have the driver to win a world championship and now we don't have a car. I'm afraid we might end up losing Leclerc if they don't build a good car soon enough.
    We didn't have the team either.
    Forza Ferrari

I love the optimism. Truth is, Merc and RB are better bets.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    I love the optimism. Truth is, Merc and RB are better bets.

Merc possibly if Hamilton leaves and a spot is open when Leclerc's contract is up but Red Bull might be in trouble unless they can find an engine soon. Keeping their own will only work for a short time. eventually it will need to be developed. My bet is Merc will slowly faze out their involvement in F1, maybe become an engine supplier again. Therefor, Ferrari will be Leclerc's best bet. Plus looks like they might have something special for 2022. Hope it works out.

https://scuderiafans.com/ferrari-rev...unit-for-2022/

Merc possibly if Hamilton leaves and a spot is open when Leclerc's contract is up but Red Bull might be in trouble unless they can find an engine soon. Keeping their own will only work for a short time. eventually it will need to be developed. My bet is Merc will slowly faze out their involvement in F1, maybe become an engine supplier again. Therefor, Ferrari will be Leclerc's best bet. Plus looks like they might have something special for 2022. Hope it works out.

https://scuderiafans.com/ferrari-rev...unit-for-2022/

I’ll believe that when I see it.....we’ve heard WAY too many rumours in the past weather be it 3D steel printed pistons, special cylinder heads, super fast atomized injection and MANY, MANY rumoured innovations we’ve heard in the past that NEVER made it through....

So again, the pessimist in me will believe it when he sees it....lol

Again these rumors know all the details lol, why even bother...
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Oh, and HOW come it only took them 7 years to JUST now realize that the split turbo and compressor is the way to go?????
    I mean it’s a no brainer that this solution is far better than the existing one Ferrari has.....I mean Honda realized that and they are 2 years into this spit solution and they made some serious improvements over the old days....

Jeez, hope is true and although a bit late to the party.....but hey, what do they say??. Better late than never.....ha, ha

Maybe different philosophies. remember Ferrari was using a liquid to air intercooler that no one else was using. Could be this would not allow a split turbine assembly. Now I think they are really pushing to gain an edge much like Merc had for 7 years. Might be better this way then just following the leader and never catching up. When the rules changed in 2017, Ferrari came out with a pretty good car by being innovative and pushing boundaries. Let's do it again. Just too bad they couldn't have introduced the engine for this year and fine tuned it over the season just in case there is an engine freeze.

Maybe different philosophies. remember Ferrari was using a liquid to air intercooler that no one else was using. Could be this would not allow a split turbine assembly. Now I think they are really pushing to gain an edge much like Merc had for 7 years. Might be better this way then just following the leader and never catching up. When the rules changed in 2017, Ferrari came out with a pretty good car by being innovative and pushing boundaries. Let's do it again. Just too bad they couldn't have introduced the engine for this year and fine tuned it over the season just in case there is an engine freeze.
    I doubt ferrari would agree to a freeze just yet....not until they will have their own version of split turbo and compressor plus some other goodies for 2022....but yeah, it would have been nice to have this kind of engine already for 2021 and then perfected and refine it further for 2022.....but hey, I like it that they are taking some risks into developing a better engine for 2022 and not play the conservative card again.....