Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151627 ... LastLast

Thread: SF21 Challenger Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Wishful thinking gents. I don't see it happening. The Merc's had to "detune" their engines in the last race due to the MGU-K issue which Max won the race. Prior to that, Merc's were lapping the field halfvay thru the race.
    well with some luck, hopefully they'll run into those kind of issues more often next season....and we'll be tehre with our BRAND NEW engine to reap the results.....

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Well if the car is fast and can run ahead of everyone else... a lot of those issues won't be issues. If our cars are 20 sec ahead of every other car, a 4 sec pitstop probably won't be a killer, strategies will be much easier to carry through and more straight forward, and if the car is the best of the field then the management must have done its job.
    So yes... we need a fast car and a lot of the other stuff will fall in to place. A fast car that wins a lot can also do wonders for team morale and driver confidence. I say we try that first and see what's shakes out.
    That is a very bad way to think.Hiding issues under the carpet gets you nowhere.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Also, as I did mention a car makes things easier at certain occasions but it will not solve fundamental issues I pointed out. The more competitive F1 will become with teams like Aston Martin and Mclaren getting more powerful , we simply cannot hope for hail Mary all the time and a car to mask issues. Clear as day.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    That is a very bad way to think.Hiding issues under the carpet gets you nowhere.
    Also, as I did mention a car makes things easier at certain occasions but it will not solve fundamental issues I pointed out. The more competitive F1 will become with teams like Aston Martin and Mclaren getting more powerful , we simply cannot hope for hail Mary all the time and a car to mask issues. Clear as day.

Bad way of thinking? Only way to think. Have to start with a fast car. Have a fast car everything gets easier. If the car is fast like it was designed in concept, then means correlation is good, engine is a good design, chassis is good, kers is good - means everyone working well as a team. At the track, having the fastest car means less pressure on the pit crew, less stress on mechanics trying to make a bad car behave with endless adjustments. Aero guys can work on fine tuning a fast car without having to overhaul it. We just need a fast car, if we have that, it means most issues have been solved.

Bad way of thinking? Only way to think. Have to start with a fast car. Have a fast car everything gets easier. If the car is fast like it was designed in concept, then means correlation is good, engine is a good design, chassis is good, kers is good - means everyone working well as a team. At the track, having the fastest car means less pressure on the pit crew, less stress on mechanics trying to make a bad car behave with endless adjustments. Aero guys can work on fine tuning a fast car without having to overhaul it. We just need a fast car, if we have that, it means most issues have been solved.
    Fast cars don't make themselves.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

No, it's not the only way to think.
    We had fast cars before and ruined it cause simply we lacked management.
    Ponder on this

Also, you keep ignoring simple truths. Fast as you might be, the others will be fast too. The team will be under pressure. Fast as you may be car wise, pit crew needs to be fast, strategy needs to be correct, the pressure needs to be alleviated, and so on.

OK, the car will do all that. NOT!

NOT is right! The team needs the best driver for the best results.It's not just the car.

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    Fast cars don't make themselves.
    Absolutely. That's why if you've built the best car, means everything is working as it should.

That competitive spirit is clearly lacking in Ferrari. There were times when out pitstop would be sub-2 seconds when Sergio was TP. Since then it has only deteriorated.
    Out pitwall strategy gets it even worse.

No, it's not the only way to think.
    We had fast cars before and ruined it cause simply we lacked management.
    Ponder on this

Also, you keep ignoring simple truths. Fast as you might be, the others will be fast too. The team will be under pressure. Fast as you may be car wise, pit crew needs to be fast, strategy needs to be correct, the pressure needs to be alleviated, and so on.

OK, the car will do all that. NOT!

I'm not ignoring truths. If Ferrari had an advantage like Merc does, I'm pretty sure we would be doing much better. If our car was able to cruise around 30 sec ahead of every other car, then there wouldn't be as much pressure on the pitcrew or strategists. When was the last time we had a car as fast as the Merc and how did we do? Ponder on this..... If Leclerc and Vettel were driving the Mercs this year would we have won the championship?

A punctured tire is a random problem, the pit tire error was ridiculous. A last place driver was going to win that race . It would have been the fastest car that got him the win.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    A punctured tire is a random problem, the pit tire error was ridiculous. A last place driver was going to win that race . It would have been the fastest car that got him the win.
    Geeeeeez Brembo. We've been saying this for months and now you agree? Of course it's the car. Russel pitted and the pitstop was a disaster so he had to pit again and he still passed everyone and became leader again. So if your car is the fastest by a large margin.... even pitstops become easier, because small mistakes won't take such a large toll that you can't make up the time. what's an extra 2 sec on a pitstop when you have 20-30 sec in hand.

I did agree, it was the car!! Fans here had Russell up for sainthood! Even you in that car with the right shoes would have won!

We already know the 2021 title is Mercs and Hammys. Nothing will change that, our only hope is in 2022, 2021 is DOA.

(quite frankly I'm not even sure I can bear to watch the 2021 season when Bottas, the uttery useless and pathetic Bottas is again wasting the best seat in F1 and Russell who utterly embarrassed him will be driving a piece of junk. Merc should have swapped those two drivers but I guess they don't want a good driver in that 2nd car)

My Ferrari hopes for 2021, 1 win and 4 podiums. we will see.

I'm cautiously optimistic about next season. After 2016, no body expected Ferrari to mount a proper title challenge in 2017. 12 months ago no body expected Ferrari to struggle hard in 2020. Nothing stays static in F1, things change here quite rapidly.

I'm not expecting Ferrari to overthrow Mercedes as the fastest package, but I'm also not expecting us to fight Tracing Point or Mclaren. Ferrari will challenge for wins and podiums next year.

It’s time to win, Ferrari. Enough. No more excuses.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    It’s time to win, Ferrari. Enough. No more excuses.
    Ferrari only needs 40 more HP, both drivers race as #1 , pit crew bonuses for 1 second or more saved. Binotto stop the negative interviews. #1 wins and podiums all year 2021 !! Charles & Saintz are as good as any other drivers.

Ferrari only needs 40 more HP, both drivers race as #1 , pit crew bonuses for 1 second or more saved. Binotto stop the negative interviews. #1 wins and podiums all year 2021 !! Charles & Saintz are as good as any other drivers.
    Too many ONLY....

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Too many ONLY....
    OK, Leave Binotto out.

Ferrari needs to be competitive for the WDC, WCC by 2023 when Mick is ready to take the seat. Ferrari can't afford to let him even think about going to Merc if there's a seat available there.
    Mick? Have you even followed his career at all?

The problem here is this: the 2020 Merc is so good they race it again in 2021 and still win both titles. All of their engineering resources are already designing the 2022 car. Now that’s a scary thought.

Our five biggest problems..
    1) Leadership
    2) Leadership
    3) Leadership
    4) Leadership
    5) Leadership
    Trying to be less angry..

Quote Originally Posted by Gould View Post
    Mick? Have you even followed his career at all?
    Yes he's a race car driver who just got a F-1 seat. According to Binotto Mick will be ready for the Ferrari seat in 2023. Charles came up to Ferrari's seat with his F-2 win also. Any thing else you need to know about Mick; just ask.
    Last edited by Brembo; 24th December 2020 at 15:50.

I'm not ignoring truths. If Ferrari had an advantage like Merc does, I'm pretty sure we would be doing much better. If our car was able to cruise around 30 sec ahead of every other car, then there wouldn't be as much pressure on the pitcrew or strategists. When was the last time we had a car as fast as the Merc and how did we do? Ponder on this..... If Leclerc and Vettel were driving the Mercs this year would we have won the championship?
    You do ignore facts.
    The advantages you would like to have are not given out of blessings, they are built. You need a team that is built, and this happens thru leadership, not thru some hail mary sort of miracle.
    Even if by some miracle (see , I am repeating myself) you do end up with this kind of advantage, unless you do have a capable team, you will lose this advantage cause other teams with capable members and leadership will catch up (hello, Merc, RBR ring a bell?)
    So no, the car will be built and sustained thru time (sheesh, just look at Mercedes) only if you get leadership and then build by hand picking the members and persevere.

Even F1 is nothing different than corporate management.

Until Todt is out with no say, Ferrari has no shot. The Todt FIA has the last say .

Yes he's a race car driver who just got a F-1 seat. According to Binotto Mick will be ready for the Ferrari seat in 2023. Charles came up to Ferrari's seat with his F-2 win also. Any thing else you need to know about Mick; just ask.
    Mick has Sainz seat ready, provided he is good although in lower formulas he hasnt shown 1/5th of Leclercs talent.

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    Mick has Sainz seat ready, provided he is good although in lower formulas he hasnt shown 1/5th of Leclercs talent.
    Charles is a tough act to follow for sure. Mick will learn and advance alongside Charles. Car wise Charles needs to have saintly patience!

You do ignore facts.
    The advantages you would like to have are not given out of blessings, they are built. You need a team that is built, and this happens thru leadership, not thru some hail mary sort of miracle.
    Even if by some miracle (see , I am repeating myself) you do end up with this kind of advantage, unless you do have a capable team, you will lose this advantage cause other teams with capable members and leadership will catch up (hello, Merc, RBR ring a bell?)
    So no, the car will be built and sustained thru time (sheesh, just look at Mercedes) only if you get leadership and then build by hand picking the members and persevere.

Even F1 is nothing different than corporate management.
    Facts are that you only win with a fast car. Cant win with a William's. If Ferrari had Mercs car this year they would have won. Even with their bad pit stops. Fast car will gain you 1 sec a lap. Bad pitstop you lose 3 sec a race. What would you rather have.

Facts are that you only win with a fast car. Cant win with a William's. If Ferrari had Mercs car this year they would have won. Even with their bad pit stops. Fast car will gain you 1 sec a lap. Bad pitstop you lose 3 sec a race. What would you rather have.
    Well said! Have car will travel. Areo tech. etc. not 100% more and more HP will compensate.

Yup. Fast cars start with lots of HP. Build it and the championships will come. Merry Christmas Brembo!! and to all the others Scuderia members that celebrate as well.!! Let's hope 2021 will bring lots.of HP. To Ferrari.