Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: SF21 Challenger Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    I would add the help coming from a great rear rework (considering restrictions), the clever nose change and the cooling management evolution (for what we can see)
    Honestly, I'll admit I was one of those who doubted the SF (after the passing of Marchionne).

I thought (and still believe) the formula for a successful F1 team is solely based upon the Todt-Schumacher-Brawn-Byrne philosophy of bringing in talent from other nationalities under one roof.

I'm pleasantly surprised by the progress the SF has made. But, fingers crossed that we continue this trend into the next era.

Quote Originally Posted by Toothlessrage* View Post
    Honestly, I'll admit I was one of those who doubted the SF (after the passing of Marchionne).

I thought (and still believe) the formula for a successful F1 team is solely based upon the Todt-Schumacher-Brawn-Byrne philosophy of bringing in talent from other nationalities under one roof.

I'm pleasantly surprised by the progress the SF has made. But, fingers crossed that we continue this trend into the next era.
    It's a myth that Ferrari is strictly all Italian.

Look at the guy who is leading the 2022 engine project, Zimmerman.
    Is Jocke Clear still Leclerc's driver coach?

That's just off the top of the head.

Strictly not all Italian for sure. Felipe's family is from Foggia Italy, He was born and raised in Brasil. Ruben's family is from Veneto Italy , he was born and raised in Brasil. Gio we all know born & raised in Italy.
    F-1 refers to the drivers nationality as to where they were born and raised. In Mick's case @ Haas; he was born and raised in Switzerland but is referred to as German. He is actually a Swiss driver by normal F-1 Standards. As of now I consider Ferrari blessed with our present drivers!

As an Italian citizen of the world I consider it an honor and a compliment that non-Italians are and
    want to be any kind of member or fan of our team! FORZA FERRARI!!!
    Last edited by Liscia; 5th November 2021 at 21:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Liscia View Post
    As an Italian citizen of the world I consider it an honor and a compliment that non-Italians are and
    want to be any kind of member or fan of our team! FORZA FERRARI111

I am non-Italian (fully English!) and no other team has ever meant as much to me, since my first step onto Italian soil in 1967 at Monza, the GP was won by Surtees in a Honda, but the embrace of the tifosi was so overwhelming that I felt better being one of them! Your comment is appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    It's a myth that Ferrari is strictly all Italian.

Look at the guy who is leading the 2022 engine project, Zimmerman.
    Is Jocke Clear still Leclerc's driver coach?

That's just off the top of the head.
    I know that it's there are other nationalities that are present within the team.

Though, I thought that the "ALL-ITALIAN" tag was directed towards Ferrari's management and technical side.

Also, wasn't Zimmerman contracted?

Thank you!

Last edited by Gilles; 6th November 2021 at 14:36.

Last edited by Gilles; 6th November 2021 at 15:02.

Is this track specific or brand new? Because Mexico is quite challenging at maintaining temperature. So it may be a modified version that will only be used in Mexico.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Is this track specific or brand new? Because Mexico is quite challenging at maintaining temperature. So it may be a modified version that will only be used in Mexico.
    New ones with new material if we believe the article. 2022 related, Mexico maybe the right place to test them, don't know if it is a one shot use or not

An idea, what do you think about it ?

We know that the sf21, due to aero weakness from it's original concept (what i understand from Binotto) likes to run loaded (to better transfert energy to bend the tires, if my understanding is good)
    The car could compensate a bit more with the new PU by puting more wings, but the weakness itself doesn't disapear
    In Mexico, the car was at max load, but with altitude (2285m), this aero produce far less load than at sea level, and then less energy transfert
    Also, less weigth for the same reason and same effect
    Add to that the slippery surface, again, same things

I mean the car could have suffer from its weakness, while being setting the way it usualy prevents it to

Seems simple, enough for Ferrari to anticipate it and so don't say that they will be competitive. But they also could have been wrong on one parameter (slippery), as they didn't race on this track last year with the sf1000

Do you have any opinion ?
    Last edited by Gilles; 11th November 2021 at 07:16.

Interesting, some confirmations maybe :

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1...laren/6759552/

Quote Originally Posted by Toothlessrage* View Post

Agree
    They had the right attitude after the SF1000 disaster, I think they are still going that way yes
    Now, they are not favorites for 2022, Merc and Rb are better armed and in addition the change in regulations little brings surprises. If this surprise was Ferrari, ok, but the final judgment should be 2023, with arguably a generalized copy of the concepts that have worked best.
    Clearly, the staff is not the Totd one, but they have updated tools, work seems to be well managed for the next car. Hope to fight for wins, if not, it will be boring, one more time
    Last edited by Gilles; 11th November 2021 at 08:38.

Rain forcated for the Brazilian GP, not so good for the car

Rain forcated for the Brazilian GP, not so good for the car
    All depends on the front tyre temperature. If it heats up, like in Imola and Turkey, then no problem.

Agree
    They had the right attitude after the SF1000 disaster, I think they are still going that way yes
    Now, they are not favorites for 2022, Merc and Rb are better armed and in addition the change in regulations little brings surprises. If this surprise was Ferrari, ok, but the final judgment should be 2023, with arguably a generalized copy of the concepts that have worked best.
    Clearly, the staff is not the Totd one, but they have updated tools, work seems to be well managed for the next car. Hope to fight for wins, if not, it will be boring, one more time
    I agree! In terms of 2022, Ferrari might be on the backfoot, since 2022 is a clean sheet and almost all teams have a chance to race to the front.
    But, since competition will be high next season and thereafter, I feel team dynamics will play a crucial role primarily in the constructors.

Also, this will be the most important/arduous test for Binnoto.
    If Binnoto pulls this off, he'd be right up there with the legends such as Todt (in terms of team management).

Still, we'd never know. The next era might again have a dominant team rather than being "fair"

Who would Todt Rubenize ? Charles or Carlos? That's the big problem Binotto faces. Charles took over 1st with Seb @ Ferrari without Binotto .

The Saudi track looks crazy, but not in a good way. It has 27 "corners", but almost 95% of them are easy flat out for the current gen F1 cars.

It will be interesting to see how the SF21 performs. The Saudi track looks like it's going to be an engine killer, hopefully Ferrari's PU will hold intact and our energy recovery system will be up to the task.

Definitely a power intensive circuit, hope we would manage to keep McLaren and alpha tauri at bay.

Quote Originally Posted by 20000rpm View Post
    Definitely a power intensive circuit, hope we would manage to keep McLaren and alpha tauri at bay.
    Unfortunatly in addition of that, fast turns do not often work for us. It remains to know the grip and the temperatures. there are so many factors to come together to make this car work, sad. Mclaren and maybe Alpha should have finished ahead of us in the previous race, it could be similar. Can't hide a bit of weariness, seeing tire's management races (on our side) and no technical update at all. I will always welcome a decent pace, but honestly, i'm waiting for next car. A lot of hope about it, really
    Last edited by Gilles; 26th November 2021 at 20:42.

No development went into this year's car.Only a few exterior parts and an upgraded pu,and that's about it.The focus according to binotto has been developing the team and the primary focus has been on the 2022 car.We will take third this year with what has gone into this year's car I consider it a mighty effort considering where ferrari came from.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    No development went into this year's car.Only a few exterior parts and an upgraded pu,and that's about it.The focus according to binotto has been developing the team and the primary focus has been on the 2022 car.We will take third this year with what has gone into this year's car I consider it a mighty effort considering where ferrari came from.
    Agree 100% with you. I am satisfied that they have done the best, especially as it indicates that their work is successful, which is good for the future. But I would like to review a lot of technical posts on this forum right now, as before and then, on the track, Charles in a competive car. 3 months yet...
    I have hope for next car also because i have the feeling that they are working on it for a while (their last 3 cars weren't big engeering work)
    Last edited by Gilles; 26th November 2021 at 20:20.

For info, in Mexico, the lost of aerodynamic load could have been 20%

Ferrari 2022 car has a head start on the other teams by probably 12months or so they have let mercedes and redbull out develope each other into oblivion leaving nothing in the tank.

Ferrari 2022 car has a head start on the other teams by probably 12months or so they have let mercedes and redbull out develope each other into oblivion leaving nothing in the tank.
    we hope. that would be great to see them both on the back foot going into a big rule change.

Merc and R Bull did develop into oblivion. R Bull trying to get Max his 1st WDC; and Merc thinking 8. Binotto thinking 2022; he gave up on Ferrari 2021. I hope Ferrari 2022 will be the year that they come back right up there for the #1 team spot. Our drivers for sure are ready.

I believe they had made a decision to work on the rule change early, sacrificing a little (a lot?) on the design of the 2020 (and 2019?) car. This change was pushed back, forcing them to continue competing with weak cars. So of course there are now restrictions on resources, but I imagine that what they had worked on in advance could have benefited them relatively to the competition. I hope Hass will benefit as well, and I expect to see Mick in a much better car. Engine side, I have confidence, Italy is the country of engines, they must get back to the top, especially following the humiliation of 2019/20. I know that the big teams find the means to circumvent the rules (example: at the moment, the evolutions for reliability are diverted, the powers should remain those of departure in my opinion, because Mercrdes goes too far).
    So I expect that at the end of next year the 3 big teams will be in front, the small ones, in the absence of surprising progress, should be behind.
    If Ferrari had bet everything on the change of regulation, then they should be competitive in 2022. And when I hear Binotto say that he sees nothing abnormal in the Mercedes engine, I hope he is preparing the ground to make accept a Ferrari once again strong in 2022. And if this is the case, it will be necessary to be strong politically vis-a-vis the possible attacks and cheating