Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: SF21 Challenger Thread

The new Alfa C41 has a slender nose like the rest of most teams.

Wonder IF Ferrari will follow suit??
    It's not how start but how you finish.

I recall reading somewhere that Ferrari spent both their tokens on the back end of the car, and Alfa needed to spend a token to make the slimmer nose.
    I hope I'm wrong though.

Team wear 2021 is visible at ferrari.com

https://store.ferrari.com/en-gb/men/replica

The red stickers on the 2020 sponsors who did not pay were strange last year

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
    I recall reading somewhere that Ferrari spent both their tokens on the back end of the car, and Alfa needed to spend a token to make the slimmer nose.
    I hope I'm wrong though.
    Unless Ferrari's crash structure is thinner than last years nose and they can shrink wrap it the nose cannot be thin as have spent tokens on the rear.

Quote Originally Posted by Michelc30 View Post
    Team wear 2021 is visible at ferrari.com

https://store.ferrari.com/en-gb/men/replica

The red stickers on the 2020 sponsors who did not pay were strange last year
    Thanks for that. The shirts don't look bad, but they just look super basic, especially the hat.

Quote Originally Posted by bkircher View Post
    Thanks for that. The shirts don't look bad, but they just look super basic, especially the hat.
    They were so much better in the past when the replica's actually had patches instead of cheap iron-on stickers. However, I do like the use of the retro-looking Ferrari shield!!

Edit* The T-Shirts seem to have "stickers" whereas the sweaters are patches.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

And yet they are well overprices, and yet they cost them 1/10 maybe even less to produce 'em!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    And yet they are well overprices, and yet they cost them 1/10 maybe even less to produce 'em!
    The one's the customer gets are replica's or the one's on the F1 website.

I get a list from a friend inside the Ferrari F1 team and those are REAL F1 team gear. That gear runs 5 to 10x the amount of the replicas-->gloves, overalls, nomex suits, shirts, vests, jackets, polo's ans so on. Some of the stuff is signed as well.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...aign=widget-22

What do you mean, large amount of last year's will not be enough, others will have moved forward , they need more

Still no leaks of the new 2021 team gear?
    Attachment 7780Attachment 7781
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Giovinazzi on the 2021 Ferrari PU:
    "In Maranello they are positive. We don't know the amount that we will gain, especially because we don't know how much the others improved. The good thing is that at Ferrari there is a positive atmosphere, especially for the power unit"
    

Big if true, but Mika Salo supposedly revealed part of Ferrari's punishment for cheating. And it's bizarre.

He says: "I dunno if it's a new engine but they're allowed to use it to its full power. Having to use less gas (power?) was their punishment for their cheating last year.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Did Salo say this in English or his native language and somethings lost in translation. Cannot see that being the case at all.

Quote Originally Posted by 330 p4 View Post
    Did Salo say this in English or his native language and somethings lost in translation. Cannot see that being the case at all.
    Yeah me too.....prolly another rumor
    Last edited by Rob; 26th February 2021 at 14:30.
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Yeah me too.....prolly another BS rumor
    Agreed, if he said it he was leaning against the Rory Byrne secret floor whilst holding a pair of 3d printed pistons in his hands.

Agreed, if he said it he was leaning against the Rory Byrne secret floor whilst holding a pair of 3d printed pistons in his hands.

hello to u all when does the new car get launched thought it was today

On the ferrari website only; it is not live

https://t.co/hprUTdrl0W?amp=1

Edit: It is now put on youtube
    Last edited by Michelc30; 26th February 2021 at 12:29.

Quote Originally Posted by djmorin27 View Post
    hello to u all when does the new car get launched thought it was today
    Not today....but March 10th
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Nice video and I liked the tone of it. Nothing too fancy or superficial. Just straight to the point. Binotto looked much more healthier.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Big if true, but Mika Salo supposedly revealed part of Ferrari's punishment for cheating. And it's bizarre.

He says: "I dunno if it's a new engine but they're allowed to use it to its full power. Having to use less gas (power?) was their punishment for their cheating last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Yeah me too.....prolly another rumor

Salo’s Ferrari cheating comments ‘a stupid joke’

excerpts

Salo, who has previously been forced to deny allegations of leaking details of race penalties to the Finnish media, claimed that Ferrari’s punishment for using an engine that was not fully compliant with the regulations was to use less fuel flow during the 2020 campaign.

That, according to him, was why the Scuderia and its customer teams, Alfa Romeo and Haas, struggled for pace last season.

But, after his comments spread across the Formula 1 community, he has now dismissed them as “a stupid joke” in a video post uploaded to Instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLts-ZNp...eo_watch_again

“I realise that a few comments I made on Twitch a few days ago has been interpreted in a misleading way,” Salo said.

“I would like to clarify that I have no knowledge of the agreement, or any kind of agreement, between the FIA and Ferrari. We only talked about what has been in the press and media before.

“It was a stupid joke and just an informal conversation between two friends.

“All I can say is that I really have no clue on any sort of contract and even I knew any confidential information I would not say it to you guys.”

https://www.planetf1.com/news/mika-s...ting-comments/

Ferrari confident SF21 F1 car won't lack straightline speed

Ferrari is confident its new SF21 car will not suffer from the same straightline speed deficit this year that hurt its form so much in Formula 1 last season.

The Italian outfit endured a frustrating 2020 campaign, with its SF1000 hampered by both a down on power engine and too draggy aerodynamics.

It left drivers Charles Leclerc and Sebastian Vettel down on top speed for the straights, which hampered hopes against rival teams.

The team has worked hard over the winter at its Maranello base to address the deficits, and it has confidence that it will not suffer the same weakness this time around.

Speaking at a Ferrari 2021 launch event on Friday, team principal Mattia Binotto expressed his confidence that the squad was in a better shape both with its engine and its aerodynamic efficiency.

"I think that last year the main issue was the speed on the straights, not only the power but both power and drag," he explained.

"We've worked a lot, both on the power unit, and the car aerodynamics, to reduce the drag of the car. And based on our simulations today, based on what we can see in terms of power output from the dynos, and the drag of the car from the windtunnel, I think that we recovered quite a lot of speed on the straights.

"So I'm expecting the speed not to be such an issue as it was. We hope to be competitive, but we will know it only when being in Bahrain, because it's always relative to what the others are doing.

"But we believe that our car is certainly more efficient compared to the one we had last year, and when I'm saying efficient, again, it is both from the aero point of view, and from the power unit point of view."

Although Binotto is encouraged about the situation Ferrari is in with the car, he is well aware that the team cannot expect to close the entire gap to Mercedes and Red Bull in just a single season.

"The way I've seen the car developing both in the windtunnel and on the dyno, I believe that somehow we made a significant effort," he said.

"But you cannot know where you are if you are not on track, and I think that will be important for us. We need to be realistic. The gap to the best last year was very important, and not something that we can recover in a single winter."

Binotto also said that with the team so focused on capitalising on the opportunities for 2022, it will not devote much time on developing the SF21 during the forthcoming campaign.

"Our focus during 2021 will be developing the 2022 car," he said. "That will be the main target, so we will not spend much time on the 2021 [car] during the season.

"There is always a balance, and it's a choice that we need to make at some stage. But the 2022 car is such a big change that there is at least a minimum quantity of exercise and design and projects that need to be developed. So most of the effort will be there.

"That's why how the car is handling at the very start of the season is very important, because it's somehow the balance of performance we may see for the rest of the season.

"As I said, we obviously know how much we progressed in the windtunnel and with power. But more than that, what will be important is to see the track delivery. How the car will be on track compared to expectations."

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/15...ightline-speed

Simulations show Ferrari has “recovered quite a lot of speed” with new car – Binotto

Ferrari team principal Mattia Binotto says the team has successfully addressed the main weakness of last year’s car with its new design for the 2021 F1 season.

Speaking at the team’s 2021 season launch, at which the new SF21 was not presented, Binotto said simulations of its revised aerodynamics and new power unit indicate it will be much quicker on the straights than its predecessor.

“I think that last year the main issue was the speed on the straight lines,” said Binotto. “Not only the power but both power and drag.

“We’ve worked a lot both on the power unit and the car aerodynamics to reduce the drag of the car. And based on our simulations today, based on what we can see in terms of power output from the dynos and the drag of the car from the wind tunnel, I think that we’ve recovered quite a lot of speed on the straight lines. So I’m expecting the speed not to be such an issue as it was.”

Ferrari is due to launch its new car on March 10th, two days before pre-season testing begins at the Bahrain International Circuit.

“We hope to be competitive but we will know it only when being in Bahrain,” said Binotto. “I think it’s always relative to what the others are doing.

“But we believe our car is certainly more efficient compared to the one we had last year, and when I am saying efficient it is again from the aero point of view and the power unit point of view.”

https://www.racefans.net/2021/02/26/...w-car-binotto/

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    It's the SF70-H

Binotto has always been upfront and honest regarding the car performance and overall expectations. So him being positive is a good sign. I'm not expecting us to toddle in the midfield this year. This year the performance will be at the upward curve, the only question is where?

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    It's the SF70-H
    The livery that was posted on post #233 has the MissionWinnow logo in big letters on the engine cover and black end plates on the front wing with the MissionWinnow.com lettering.

The pic you posted on post #234 still has the Santander logo on the rear wing, chassis area, and on the front endplates whom left Ferrari in 2017!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    The livery that was posted on post #233 has the MissionWinnow logo in big letters on the engine cover and black end plates on the front wing with the MissionWinnow.com lettering.

The pic you posted on post #234 still has the Santander logo on the rear wing, chassis area, and on the front endplates whom left Ferrari in 2017!!!
    Yes different sponsors, but the livery is the same. Also take note of the winglets at the top of the front suspension wishbones which was present on the both SF70H and 71H.

Pretty sure those two pictures that you've posted were taken from the team launch video. And that particular footage was filmed during the January Fiorano test.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Nice video and I liked the tone of it. Nothing too fancy or superficial. Just straight to the point. Binotto looked much more healthier.
    Good to hear both Carlos and Charles communicating in Italian, they said all the right things, of course! Now let's pray for a better season ahead.

Brilliant launch it gave me goosebumps.Have no doubts ferrari will be ready and I have a feeling that the season will be very positive.I expect a ferrari ambush.

I dont see the halo?