Page 1 of 27 12345678910111213141526 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 808

Thread: SF21 Challenger Thread

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kiato-Greece
    Posts
    3,049

    SF21 Challenger Thread

    It might be a bit early to start the new car thread,but it looks like we have the 1st official news about it.
    So according to it.motorsport, the new car will be called SF21,and will be represented in the 1st of March, directly to the 1st day of testing in Barcelona!!!
    Lets hope for a much better year and that it could give us some good surprises!!!!

    https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/fe...paign=widget-1
    Last edited by PURE PASSION; 29th December 2020 at 20:14.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,595
    Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    It might be a bit early to start the new car thread,but it looks like we have the 1st official news about it.
    So according to it.motorsport, the new car will be called SF21,and will be represented in the 1st of March, directly to the 1st day of testing in Barcelona!!!
    Lets hope for a much better year and that it could give us some good surprises!!!!

    https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/fe...paign=widget-1
    That all sounds hopeful ! And " Charou'imena genethlia' !

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kiato-Greece
    Posts
    3,049
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    That all sounds hopeful ! And " Charou'imena genethlia' !
    Thanks a lot mate!!!! Love your Greek lish!!!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    8,734
    Ferrari needs work in this area too.....alot of it.

    https://twitter.com/F1/status/134030...426881/photo/1
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    ...
    Posts
    359
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Ferrari needs work in this area too.....alot of it.

    https://twitter.com/F1/status/134030...426881/photo/1
    Agreed, Ferrari pitstops have been inexcusably bad.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    69
    I think Vettel mentioned that they have problems with the nuts having too thin thread and are failing. That's why they had to do it slower. And you can't change that in the middle of the season. So next year should be better.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    England
    Posts
    305
    Quote Originally Posted by springfield View Post
    I think Vettel mentioned that they have problems with the nuts having too thin thread and are failing. That's why they had to do it slower. And you can't change that in the middle of the season. So next year should be better.
    Same wheel but new threads in the wheel and new bolts, doesn't seem a major update for an F1 team.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    13,384
    Ferrari: Third in 2021 difficult as rivals have F1 token advantage

    https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/154308/ferrari-rivals-have-2021-development-token-advantage

    So when is actually plan to win somethin?!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    329
    I think engine wise we will be okay but as Mattia says alot of teams can upgrade parts of there cars with no penalties from the token system. Besides engine I thought we were terrible getting the tyres to work but I know thats because we had to reduce wing etc. I just hope we can be competitive to take any opportunities that arise if any other teams have failures etc. We wasn't even good enough last season to take advantage of many opportunities that arose.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    1,246
    Token or no token they had same suspension for years, so I domt want to hear any excuses.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    8,728
    Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Ferrari: Third in 2021 difficult as rivals have F1 token advantage

    https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/154308/ferrari-rivals-have-2021-development-token-advantage

    So when is actually plan to win somethin?!
    mate, he did say that he is not expecting winning until 5 years from now....which was said at beginning of 2020 by him i thought....so if that is the case it'll be 2025 b4 we can see a winning car.....sad but true

    i think it's time for Harry Potter to get the boot from his current position....i mean he's a great engineer, but as a team principle he's horrible at....we need someone roothless like totto or horner...

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Ferrari: Third in 2021 difficult as rivals have F1 token advantage

    https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/154308/ferrari-rivals-have-2021-development-token-advantage

    So when is actually plan to win somethin?!
    Next year, we will benefit the most from this new and updated engine. With better HP, the aero works better and the tires too. Like we saw this year, Leclerc can make up the difference. I think Ferrari learned alot from this year. Next year we will be top 3.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    8,728
    Quote Originally Posted by TTRSMAD View Post
    Next year, we will benefit the most from this new and updated engine. With better HP, the aero works better and the tires too. Like we saw this year, Leclerc can make up the difference. I think Ferrari learned alot from this year. Next year we will be top 3.
    For me top 3 ain’t good enough....we need to have a car that will challenge for wins regularly next season...sadly me thinks that ain’t gonna happen....

    We’ll see how 2022 will stack up for us

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    8,734
    We need the car yes.... BUT we also need the pit strategy and pit stop times to all work together efficiently and effenctively to beat both Mercedes and Redbull at any given track.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kiato-Greece
    Posts
    3,049
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    We need the car yes.... BUT we also need the pit strategy and pit stop times to all work together efficiently and effenctively to beat both Mercedes and Redbull at any given track.
    it is a difficult championship with very very strong opponents,so YES,we have to be on the top of our game in every single factor !!!!! unless we built a spaceship that is 1s faster then the rest ( like Merc) so you can afford some mistakes here and there.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    towradgi beach
    Posts
    1,517
    May be ferrari did and they are ahead even with out tokens.who really knows the forum provides a wonderful platform for posts just like this.Red cars go faster.Buon natale per tutti.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    3,089
    Just read an article where Binotto made it clear Ferrari wont be challenging Mercedes next year as the engine gap is just too large....
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,595
    Ferrari needs to be competitive for the WDC, WCC by 2023 when Mick is ready to take the seat. Ferrari can't afford to let him even think about going to Merc if there's a seat available there.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,295
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Ferrari needs to be competitive for the WDC, WCC by 2023 when Mick is ready to take the seat. Ferrari can't afford to let him even think about going to Merc if there's a seat available there.
    What's so special about Mick Schumacher?
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    2,867
    Do you really believe, that all this team needs is a car that is competitive?
    That management wise, everything is perfect?

    Questions for you:
    So, it's the car that is to blame for the pitstop mayhem?
    It is the car that is to blame for the fact that the team, morally wise is in its lowest?
    So if we change the car, top to bottom,with the flick of our fingers sort of speak, even if tomorrow , we catch up 90% or even 100% with RBR and Mercedes out of the blue, you really believe that's all it takes to challenge for titles?

    All it takes is hardware (since I do believe we have the drivers)?

    So, let's see, do we need fast pitstops? If so, will the car resolve that? No.
    Do we need even better strategies? This is definitely something that even if the car helps, it 's not up to the car to resolve , is it?
    Do we need better management, to alleviate the pressure over the team (every member of the team) that they feel because of the expectations amassed (normal) , because, well, it's Ferrari after all? Is that the car alone that will do this? Yes, of course a better car will help, but it's not the holy grail, is it? Remember 2018 ?

    In short, the issues ferrari face, go far and beyond than just the car that everyone tends to focus. They start from the top management and direction and the structure of the team as a whole. They root to what choices said management make (or don't , at times) regarding people in places, because as we all know, politics is second nature in Ferrari.
    But at one point, someone needs to take the courage and just do what needs to be done, otherwise, car, or no car, the team will keep on sinking , it 'll become an unpleasant place and sponsors will have no reason to give their money to.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    8,734
    Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Do you really believe, that all this team needs is a car that is competitive?
    That management wise, everything is perfect?

    Questions for you:
    So, it's the car that is to blame for the pitstop mayhem?
    It is the car that is to blame for the fact that the team, morally wise is in its lowest?
    So if we change the car, top to bottom,with the flick of our fingers sort of speak, even if tomorrow , we catch up 90% or even 100% with RBR and Mercedes out of the blue, you really believe that's all it takes to challenge for titles?

    All it takes is hardware (since I do believe we have the drivers)?

    So, let's see, do we need fast pitstops? If so, will the car resolve that? No.
    Do we need even better strategies? This is definitely something that even if the car helps, it 's not up to the car to resolve , is it?
    Do we need better management, to alleviate the pressure over the team (every member of the team) that they feel because of the expectations amassed (normal) , because, well, it's Ferrari after all? Is that the car alone that will do this? Yes, of course a better car will help, but it's not the holy grail, is it? Remember 2018 ?

    In short, the issues ferrari face, go far and beyond than just the car that everyone tends to focus. They start from the top management and direction and the structure of the team as a whole. They root to what choices said management make (or don't , at times) regarding people in places, because as we all know, politics is second nature in Ferrari.
    But at one point, someone needs to take the courage and just do what needs to be done, otherwise, car, or no car, the team will keep on sinking , it 'll become an unpleasant place and sponsors will have no reason to give their money to.
    Well said........great synopsis.....
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,183
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Ferrari needs to be competitive for the WDC, WCC by 2023 when Mick is ready to take the seat. Ferrari can't afford to let him even think about going to Merc if there's a seat available there.
    Mick is the least of our worries. We have a driver right now who's ten times better than Mick.
    Contrary to popular belief, black lives matter.
    We Race as One
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

  23. #23
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,595
    Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    Mick is the least of our worries. We have a driver right now who's ten times better than Mick.
    Tell that to Binotto!

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,869
    Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Do you really believe, that all this team needs is a car that is competitive?
    That management wise, everything is perfect?

    Questions for you:
    So, it's the car that is to blame for the pitstop mayhem?
    It is the car that is to blame for the fact that the team, morally wise is in its lowest?
    So if we change the car, top to bottom,with the flick of our fingers sort of speak, even if tomorrow , we catch up 90% or even 100% with RBR and Mercedes out of the blue, you really believe that's all it takes to challenge for titles?

    All it takes is hardware (since I do believe we have the drivers)?

    So, let's see, do we need fast pitstops? If so, will the car resolve that? No.
    Do we need even better strategies? This is definitely something that even if the car helps, it 's not up to the car to resolve , is it?
    Do we need better management, to alleviate the pressure over the team (every member of the team) that they feel because of the expectations amassed (normal) , because, well, it's Ferrari after all? Is that the car alone that will do this? Yes, of course a better car will help, but it's not the holy grail, is it? Remember 2018 ?

    In short, the issues ferrari face, go far and beyond than just the car that everyone tends to focus. They start from the top management and direction and the structure of the team as a whole. They root to what choices said management make (or don't , at times) regarding people in places, because as we all know, politics is second nature in Ferrari.
    But at one point, someone needs to take the courage and just do what needs to be done, otherwise, car, or no car, the team will keep on sinking , it 'll become an unpleasant place and sponsors will have no reason to give their money to.


    Well if the car is fast and can run ahead of everyone else... a lot of those issues won't be issues. If our cars are 20 sec ahead of every other car, a 4 sec pitstop probably won't be a killer, strategies will be much easier to carry through and more straight forward, and if the car is the best of the field then the management must have done its job.
    So yes... we need a fast car and a lot of the other stuff will fall in to place. A fast car that wins a lot can also do wonders for team morale and driver confidence. I say we try that first and see what's shakes out.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    8,734
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Well if the car is fast and can run ahead of everyone else... a lot of those issues won't be issues. If our cars are 20 sec ahead of every other car, a 4 sec pitstop probably won't be a killer, strategies will be much easier to carry through and more straight forward, and if the car is the best of the field then the management must have done its job.
    So yes... we need a fast car and a lot of the other stuff will fall in to place. A fast car that wins a lot can also do wonders for team morale and driver confidence. I say we try that first and see what's shakes out.

    I doubt the Ferrari will be 5sec let alone 20sec faster than the rest of the field.....that's asking for a miracle, a blessing from the Pope, a complete healing from Michael Schumacher and an image of Enzo with wings appearing on the Ferrari F1 wall.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  26. #26
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    8,728
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    I doubt the Ferrari will be 5sec let alone 20sec faster than the rest of the field.....that's asking for a miracle, a blessing from the Pope, a complete healing from Michael Schumacher and an image of Enzo with wings appearing on the Ferrari F1 wall.
    i'm pretty sure he meant over a race distance.....just like the Merc were in Bahrain 2014 when Ham and Nico were racing each other 20s or more up front

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,869
    Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    I doubt the Ferrari will be 5sec let alone 20sec faster than the rest of the field.....that's asking for a miracle, a blessing from the Pope, a complete healing from Michael Schumacher and an image of Enzo with wings appearing on the Ferrari F1 wall.
    20 sec ahead of everyone else, like in a race where we are leading and have a 20 sec lead over the next car so an extra 2 sec on the pitstop won't drop us down to 16th... not 20 sec a lap faster that would just be wishful thinking, pie-in-the-sky kind of stuff. Just stating that a fast car makes things easier.

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,869
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    i'm pretty sure he meant over a race distance.....just like the Merc were in Bahrain 2014 when Ham and Nico were racing each other 20s or more up front
    Yup.

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Posts
    8,734
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    i'm pretty sure he meant over a race distance.....just like the Merc were in Bahrain 2014 when Ham and Nico were racing each other 20s or more up front
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    20 sec ahead of everyone else, like in a race where we are leading and have a 20 sec lead over the next car so an extra 2 sec on the pitstop won't drop us down to 16th... not 20 sec a lap faster that would just be wishful thinking, pie-in-the-sky kind of stuff. Just stating that a fast car makes things easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Yup.
    Wishful thinking gents. I don't see it happening. The Merc's had to "detune" their engines in the last race due to the MGU-K issue which Max won the race. Prior to that, Merc's were lapping the field halfvay thru the race.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

  30. #30
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kitchener, CANADA
    Posts
    8,728
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    20 sec ahead of everyone else, like in a race where we are leading and have a 20 sec lead over the next car so an extra 2 sec on the pitstop won't drop us down to 16th... not 20 sec a lap faster that would just be wishful thinking, pie-in-the-sky kind of stuff. Just stating that a fast car makes things easier.
    INDEED......

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •